~~~

So as y'all might know, I've been working on format to eliminate ftks and in the process free up space on the list where it's arguably not needed. At about 10 months of working with only about 3-4 people on it, we're finally pleased with decent looking product. But as with anything like this, format making tends to be quite anecdotal, and being human it's very possible to miss broken interactions that otherwise might have been flushed out. But I think we're at the stage where proper public testing can begin.

The format, as per it's finalization follows the following Limit Regulation

[spoiler=Regulation]
Forbidden

Monster Cards

Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar
Fishborg Blaster
Magical Scientist
Makyura the Destructor
Mind Master
Number 16: Shock Master
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Rescue Cat
Substitoad
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Victory Dragon
Wind-Up Hunter

Spell Cards

Brain Control
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Card of Safe Return
Change of Heart
Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
Dimension Fusion
Future Fusion
Giant Trunade
Graceful Charity
Harpie's Feather Duster
Heavy Storm
Mirage of Nightmare
Painful Choice
Pot of Greed
Raigeki
Snatch Steal
Spellbook of Judgment
The Forceful Sentry

Trap Cards

Imperial Order
Last Turn
Magical Explosion
Return from the Different Dimension
Royal Oppression
Sixth Sense
Trap Dustshoot
Ultimate Offering

Limited

Monster Cards

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Blaze Fenix the Bombardment Bird
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End w/Errata
Dark Armed Dragon
Dark Magician of Chaos
Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Deep Sea Diva
Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Elder God Norden
Elemental HERO Stratos
El Shaddoll Construct
El Shaddoll Winda
Exodia the Forbidden One
Lavalval Chain
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Mathematician
Morphing Jar
Nekroz of Brionac
Nekroz of Unicore
Night Assailant
Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer
Performage Plushfire
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Sangan
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
Star Seraph Sovereignty
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Wisdom-Eye Magician
Witch of the Black Forest

Spell Cards

A Hero Lives
Burial from a Different Dimension
Card Destruction
Cold Wave
Dark Hole
Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Foolish Burial
Infernity Launcher
Instant Fusion
Last Will
Limiter Removal
Metamorphosis
Monarch Stormforth
Monster Reborn
Nekroz Cycle
One Day of Peace
One for One
Pot of Avarice
Premature Burial
Preparation of Rites
Reinforcement of the Army
Saqlifice
Soul Charge
Super Polymerization
Symbol of Heritage
Wavering Eyes

Trap Cards

Ring of Destruction
Solemn Judgment
Solemn Warning
Wall of Revealing Light

Semi-Limited

Monster Cards

Artifact Moralltach
Atlantean Dragoons
Dandylion
Elemental Hero Shadow Mist
Genex Ally Birdman
Inzektor Dragonfly
Necroface
Qliphort Scout
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Summoner Monk
Tour Guide From the Underworld

Spell Cards

Chain Strike
Gateway of the Six
Super Rejuvenation
Reasoning

Trap Cards

Ceasefire

The cardpool for the format any card currently legal in either OCG (not KCG) and TCG. For example The Creator God of Light, Horakhty and Kozmo Farmgirl can both be played in this format.

The major rule change here, is that matches are to be played best 3/5 instead of 2/3. This is to Iron out certain inconsistencies in the preliminary stages. All matches must be held in the Unlimited section of DN, if that's an issue for anyone, it will be worked out on a case by case basis. Ideally DN should be fixed and running in a week? Fingers crossed? 

Format is to be played with current TCG rulings. Unless a relevant OCG ruling exist that does not contradict any existing TCG ruling

No other rules to be honest. Format is Locked, deck changing after the tournament has starter is NOT allowed. You must all PM your decklist to start, etc. The usual stuff

Tournament starts ideally when I can get a sizable amount of participants, but the earliest possible would be the 6th of February after Felgrand Structure Deck drops.

I don't particularly want to force any decks on you guys, cause that's fruit from the poisoned tree. But if it comes to that, I suppose I could provide decks lists ideas. Just want as little ME in this as possible

Brackets will be made (and randomized) when we reach a general consensus on who all is entering. Time Zones might be stratified if you guys desire it so. But that's all for later haha

In order to incentive y'all for humoring me on this and playing a format you're likely new to. I'm personally contributing 10,000 YCM points to the reward pot, and an additional 200 will be added for each contestant. The goal is to experiment with the list more than anything. The top 3 players will get a cut of 5000, 3000, and 2000 for Gold/Silver/Bronze, everyone one else will get 200 points for entering.

^^ gradual changes
But yeah, please Join ^_^

giphy.gif

~~~

>no KCG

Y must u hurt me this way?

Anyways, looks interesting enoigh, I'll see if I can find Time for this.

Mainly cause they haven't released the Breaker of Shadows exclusives yet and it rumors are true, there's gonna be a lot of edits needed.  

Oh, by the way, what position is Monster Gate at?

Unlimited

>no KCG

Y must u hurt me this way?

Anyways, looks interesting enoigh, I'll see if I can find Time for this.

EDIT:

Wait a sec, no towers on the list? At all?

Unlimited

Anything not on the list is at three. And yes, double checked for most Disk Commander slips in my C/P skills

I need to ask, are you using the TCG US/Canada ruling or the OCG + rest of the TCG ruling on cards having to be in the same location of their activation requirement to activate their effects? You know, like the targeting a set CotH with MST, which your opponent then chains to summon Satellarknight Deneb. In the US they wouldn't be able to activate Deneb's effect because it is no longer on the field, however every where else you can.

Anyway, I'll have a look though your list and see if there's any deck I would enjoy playing, and if so I'll enter.

I need to ask, are you using the TCG US/Canada ruling or the OCG + rest of the TCG ruling on cards having to be in the same location of their activation requirement to activate their effects? You know, like the targeting a set CotH with MST, which your opponent then chains to summon Satellarknight Deneb. In the US they wouldn't be able to activate Deneb's effect because it is no longer on the field, however every where else you can.

Anyway, I'll have a look though your list and see if there's any deck I would enjoy playing, and if so I'll enter.

TCG US/Canada

So CoTH and Daneb is as KoA has it, and LaDD does not cause things to miss timing. Also TCG D-Step rulings

The OCG is for things like Treeborn that TCG never quite flushed out, and cause OCG actually has a database that we can look to in disputes. With Wizard resolved, it's a minor problem tbh.

Suggestion: can you bold the changes in your list? Would make it easier to read.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/345407-winters-ordeal/?do=findComment&comment=6805543

Um I mean there's been a couple of changes here or there. That's the complete list.

Do you mean a change from the Current TCG febuary banlist? Cause I kinda kept a log on that thread

No, I mean, I have NO idea what a "cube" is in relation to card game formats and what you are talking about in general.

Also, have you actually playtested this format?

Give or take for about 11 months yeah

Ever Since OCG banned Construct, so March 17th 2015 onwards

Also js. banning Magical Explosion isn't going to stop Chicken Game FTK.

Less Chicken Game and more the Monarch and Deep Draw engines that were the problem. It was really unsafe to move Rejuv to 2 while Explosion Existed. RML has a very good chance of getting hit if he doesn't calm down however. Largely why I wanted to do this tournament anyway. Flush out some of the things you guys show in practice is harmful to the game

Congratulations. You answered my second question without answering the original one.

For reference this isn't a cube, since a cube is a selection of handpicked cards to be put IN in a draft format. This is a banlist format as you said.

Can't say it better than she did. Could you elaborate what you mean by "in general" like ALL of it? Little confused by what's confusing then.

Archived