Cyber Ogre Expansion (written)

Fluffyfish

Not sure whether it was done already or not, but I really like Cyber Ogre and Cyber Ogre #2. They really strike me as "brutal" cards, and I felt compelled to expand their archetype a bit (ideas just kept sprouting).

Anyway, here are the custom cards, they mostly revolve around ruthlessly destroying your opponent (there isn't any sort of effect removal here, only good old battle) by having lots of ATK increase and a couple of effect negation (only during Battle Phase, so they are allowed to wreck havoc).

The monster are all Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monsters and focus on Fusion Summoning and ATK increase (either inherent or by using them as hand-traps).

I will also post the existing cards here (just in written format) for reference (they remain the same here).

[spoiler=Existing Cards]

Cyber Ogre

Level 5 - EARTH - Machine/Effect - 1900/1200

By discarding this card from your hand to the Graveyard, negate 1 battle involving a "Cyber Ogre" on your side of the field, and it gains 2000 ATK until the end of its next battle. This effect can be activated during either player's turn.

Cyber Ogre #2

Level 7 - EARTH - Machine/Fusion/Effect - 2600/1900

A Fusion Summon of this monster can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material monsters. When this card attacks, it gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the attack target, during damage calculation only.

Byroad Sacrifice

Trap/Normal

Active only if a monster on your side of the field is destroyed by battle. Special Summon 1 "Cyber Ogre" from your hand.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]

Cyber Goblin
Level 5 - EARTH - Machine/Effect - 1800/900
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without tributing. When this card battles an opponent's monster, it gains ATK equal to the Level/Rank of the monster its battling x 200. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Add 1 Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Goblin". You can only use each effect of "Cyber Golin" once per turn.

Cyber Brutal
Level 5 - EARTH - Machine/Effect - 1900/1500
When a Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monster you control battles, you can discard this card from your hand; it gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster its battling during damage calculation only. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher "Cyber" EARTH monster from your hand. You can only use each effect of "Cyber Brutal" once per turn.

Cyber Orc
Level 6 - EARTH - Machine/Effect - 2000/1600
While in your hand or in the field, this card's name is treated as "Cyber Ogre". When a monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot declare an attack this turn. During either player's battle phase, you can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card. You can only use each effect of "Cyber Orc" once per turn.

Cyber Golem
Level 6 - EARTH - Machine/Effect - 1700/2200
While in your hand or in the field, this card's name is treated as "Cyber Ogre". When this card is summoned, you can target 1 Level 5 or 6 EARTH "Cyber" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. When a Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Cyber Golem" once per turn. 

Cyber Ruthless Ogre
Level 7 - EARTH - Machine/Fusion/Effect - 2000/2000
2 Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monsters
Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase, you can negate the activation of a card or effect, and if you do, destroy it. When this card battles, it gains ATK equal to half its ATK during damage calculation only. 

Cyber Berserk Ogre
Level 8 - EARTH - Machine/Fusion/Effect - 2200/1600
"Cyber Ogre" + 1 Level 5 or higher EARTH "Cyber" monster
When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. When this card battles, you can discard 1 card; this card gains ATK equal to the number of monsters on the field x 500 during damage calculation only.

Cyber Ogre 3
Level 9 - EARTH - Machine/Fusion/Effect - 3000/3000
"Cyber Ogre" + "Cyber Ogre" + "Cyber Ogre"
This card can only be Fusion Summoned using the above Fusion Materials. This card is unaffected by Spell/Trap cards. This card is unaffected by monster effects, except during the Battle Phase. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card attacks, it gains ATK equal to half the ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) of the monster its battling during damage calculation only. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Cyber Relentless Fusion
Spell/Continuous
During your Main Phase: You can Fusion Summon 1 EARTH "Cyber" Fusion Monster, using monsters you control or in your hand as Fusion Materials. When a card or effect is activated during the Battle Phase, you can send this card to the Graveyard; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only use each effect of "Cyber Relentless Fusion" once per turn.

I also decided to do this because I needed to brainstorm some Fusion archetype concepts (I tried making a Fusion deck before, but had some issues), I did this one mostly for fun (I quite enjoyed doing it) and to try getting some ideas (I'm kinda stuck in other archetypes as well).

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed it.

Until next time.

Archived