[Finished]Your YCM Name Contest v2

Using the same idea as a contest i made back in 2014

Requirement: Make a realistic card that contains your YCM display name as its name. You can view the old contest for examples. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/318649-your-ycm-name-contest/

Deadline: 2/22

Fee: (Your number of stars)2 Minimum fee required is 5 points, Max fee required is 25 points.
Pool donations are accepted.

Pot: 879

Contestants: (if you have a plus after your name it means that you have paid and submitted, if you don't have anything after your name it means that you paid the points but did not submit your card yet, if you have a minus it means that you did not pay yet)

1. Winter+

2. mikel.+

3. XOXO (not really)+

4. cr47t

5. Speedroid+

6. The Taken King

7. Chivalry+

8. Yungster Major+

Judges: I won't be judging as I just don't have enough time, so I need judges. Judges, please pm me

1. Dova

Total out of 50:

Balance/Usability - 30

Creativity/Flavour - 15

OCG/Grammar - 5

Prize:
1st. Place: 40%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 20%

Activate this card by sending 1 card (from your opponent's hand) to the Graveyard, Special summon this card in Attack Position as an Effect Monster (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 10/ ATK 3000/ DEF 3000). (This card is also still a Spell card.) Unaffected by other monsters' effects. When sent to the Graveyard by an Effect of a Spell/Trap card, your opponent, Adds 1 card, sent by this card's Effect, if able, from their Graveyard to their hand. Only 1 "Frozen mikel.Remnants control" Spell Card can be Face-up on the field.

:526094_key:

[spoiler=Card Submitted]ubF5lVJ.png

Fk1mdbr.jpg

(1) During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can banish 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard; negate the activation.
(2) During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: Shuffle 1 of your banished WATER Monsters into your deck, and if you do, add this card to your hand. You cannot activate this card the turn you activate this effect. You can only use one effect of "The Eternal Winter" once per turn, and only once that turn.

lsBsGdj.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can send 1 "Speedroid" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard; add 1 "Speedroid" monster from your Deck to your hand. When your opponent's monster declares an attack: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and proceed to damage calculation. If this card was Summoned this way, banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Hi-Speedroid Daruma" once per turn.

It is based on this toy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll#Children.27s_games

This card may be difficult to judge if you don't know Speedroids very well. If anyone wants me to describe this card's intended place in the deck, I will be more than happy to comply, if you ask me to. :P

XOXO (not really)

Continuous Trap

(1) When this card is activated, target 1 monster you control, give control of that monster to your opponent. (2) During you Standby Phase while your opponent controls a monster that belongs to you: Both players draw 1 card. (3) While your opponent controls a monster that belongs to you: Your opponent must keep their hand revealed. (4) During either players turn, if the monster targeted for this card's activation is still on the field, you can send this card to the Graveyard; Destroy that monster.

Magic Planter Food

Give them a floater

1 sided respect play

Flavor is on point (Giving affection to the controller but also backstabbing for another whist revealing secrets)

Has a safe switch to destroy the monster if things get outta hand. (Again, works with floaters)

XOXO (not really)

Continuous Trap

(1) When this card is activated, target 1 monster you control, give control of that monster to your opponent. (2) During you Standby Phase while your opponent controls a monster that belongs to you: Both players draw 1 card. (3) While your opponent controls a monster that belongs to you: Your opponent must keep their hand revealed. (4) During either players turn, if the monster targeted for this card's activation is still on the field, you can send this card to the Graveyard; Destroy that monster.

Magic Planter Food

Give them a floater

1 sided respect play

Flavor is on point (Giving affection to the controller but also backstabbing for another whist revealing secrets)

Has a safe switch to destroy the monster if things get outta hand. (Again, works with floaters)

Noted

Donated 25 Points, entry will be coming shortly.

Edit:

[spoiler=Entry]vaaVzKa.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Hand) by sending 1 monster with "Dark Magician" in its text from your Hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and you must have activated "Unity", "Yu-Jo Friendship", or "Judgement of the Pharaoh" previously this game. When this card is Summoned: Reveal your Opponent's Hand, then select 1 Spell/Trap card and discard it. Once during either Player's turn, if the condition(s) of a Spell/Trap card in your Opponent's Graveyard would be met in order to activate: You can banish that Spell/Trap card, then pay its cost(s); apply its effect(s) (This is treated as a Quick-Play effect). You may only control 1 "YugsterMajor".

[spoiler=Design Notes]Yugi/Yami + A Major = ... well, YugsterMajor (closest thing I could come up with). All credits given to the artist who actually MADE an image like that, haha (I'll edit the image later to include the artist name). I tried to keep the theme relevant to Yami/Yugi as close as possible, by requiring you to run the Shonen JUMP Promo cards that were inspired by the original YuGiOh show. It's pretty inconsistent, but it has a powerful eff, by being able to freely activate any spell/traps in your Opponent's grave, so long as cost is met. I imagined the discard part of it being Yami's signature "Mind Crush", whilst his Spell/Trap cards would use the power of his Opponents against him. Did the best with what I had, hopefully it will suffice!

[spoiler=Entry]

US4d3Gz.jpg?1

[spoiler=Lore]

Pendulum EffectIf a card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

Monster effect: While you control another monster, your opponent cannot target your monsters with DEF less than this card's for attacks or with card effects. If another card you control is destroyed: You can pay 800 LP; this card is unaffected by other card effects until the end of this turn.

[spoiler=Flavor Notes]

• If you are familiar with the Final Fantasy series, this card mimics the Paladin job's special action. The special action is called "Chivalry."
  • Under the "Chivalry" menu, there is an action called "Cover" which is what this card does. (Pendulum Effect)
  • "Cover" allows the player to have the Paladin take the damage that would otherwise be inflicted on another party member. (Cannot target other monsters)
  • A Paladin's redeeming quality for its low ATK is usually its affinity to the Holy Element and its high DEF. (2500 DEF and LIGHT Attribute)
  • A Paladin's main weapon is a sword and is usually human. (Warrior-Type) 

I think I will need to drop out of this card contest. I'm sorry Excalibur. I had 2 ideas for card designs but couldn't decide which one to choose. However, I still plan to use both of these designs in other card contests here on YCM.

Even so, thank you Excalibur, for providing this contest so I had the chance to think about the card designs.

Archived