[Finished]Your YCM Name Contest v2

Judging from Dova:

[spoiler=mikel.]Balance/Usability - 10
So, I can Summon this card by sending one card from my opponent’s hand to the Grave, then it is unaffected by monster effects while being 3000/3000?! I fail to see the downside here. Even the add to your opponent’s hand effect only works less than half of the time, rarely balancing itself out by even a little. Limiting 1 face-up does nothing, your opponent cannot even NEGATE the effect of sending a card from their hand. Overpowered, but not DIVINE CC level.

Creativity/Flavour - 9
Well, I haven’t seen Spellmon before, but the effect just seems to give it...strength. I fail to see a gimmick, considering the discard from your opponent’s hand is just a plain buff.

OCG/Grammar - 3
First effect iffy, last effect is really badly worded.

[spoiler=Winter/The Necromancer]

Balance/Usability - 22
Banifishes say hi. Considering that deck is nowhere near Meta, this card doesn’t tip them up too much at all, but certainly provides a casual boost, working well with them so much. Shame it wouldn’t be played too much, considering how little WATER is a thing. Mermailanteans might also use this card, just play it before they do anything so that your bottomless gets ripped, but they would only use the first effect, and since they don’t really have any vulnerabilities to MST your opponent can just use theirs on this. Really works on its own as long as you have WATER.

Creativity/Flavour - 13
Certainly fits with the name, and the effects are interesting, as I said before, banifishes. Rather untouched deck.

OCG/Grammar - 4.5
Extra “once” in last effect, but otherwise fine.

[spoiler=XOXO (not really)]

Balance/Usability - 23
Well, rather generic, so not much to play off. Works with floaters, but not with the powerful ones, because they require control. Magic Planter food, as said, so works with Trapmons quite well actually. Has a backup, and gives both players bonuses, but allows you to see your opponent’s plays before they happen, so Mind Crush says hi. All in all, would see SOME play, but not too useful in every situation.

Creativity/Flavour - 14
Effect is unique, I’d say, so does a good job of being nice and mean at the same time, and all of the effects form a nice combination.

OCG/Grammar - 4
Spelling mistake and some semicolon/colon issues in the first and last effect.

[spoiler=YugsterMajor]
Balance/Usability - 18
Oh boy, time for an extremely specific card! Is it OP or UP? The former, as far as I can see, considering all you need is Yu-Jo or Unity in your hand, if it’s the former you activate it turn 1, then Summon this card by milling any one of the new DM support, the bam, instant discard for your opponent, and, if you manage to get a good generic Spell outta their hand, you can immediately use it. Opponent plays Raigeki? Just chain their Forbidden Lance in grave or something. If this card was in the game, you would start seeing some very interesting DM decks, which may or may not be actually stronger than the normal ones.

Creativity/Flavour - 14
+500 to creativity, I mean, since when do you ever see a card like this? Flavour...eh...I mean, Yugi uses Dark Magician...even though you can’t send it with this card....only support...but it still worksish.

OCG/Grammar - 4
Phrasing for Spell activating is weird, and some capital issues.

[spoiler=Chivalry]Balance/Usability - 20
Generic Pend, hooray! Shame it’s not Scale 2/7, and shame it can’t summon itself, but you’ve got what you’ve got. Protection effect is neato for Pendulum decks, allowing for a non-chainable Dinomist effect. Maybe a little on the weak side, but definitely not the other way, and it is usable. Monster effect? Well...I mean...if you get it out...you can protect your cards from all the set targeting cards your opponent doesn’t run because non-targeting meta? Shame it is only limited to monsters with less DEF, so all in all I’d put it on the weak side, even with the added effect at the end, because A it would normally protect other monsters and B most destruction these days are field nukes.

Creativity/Flavour - 13
Well, plus points for doing a reference well. Effect is good, not too unique but pulled off in a nice way.

OCG/Grammar - 5
:3

[spoiler=Speedroid]Balance/Usability - 24
Well, I…wow. I didn’t expect this card to be so useful to Speedroids. I mean, on Summon, it sends a card with an eff in grave to the grave no matter what your opponent does, and then if they don’t negate you get and add HOORAY. Overpowered? To be honest, I think it might be a little there, considering there is no restriction other than HOPT on that. And the second effect? Opponent won’t attack unless they didn’t read the card or they can get over it. If only there was a WIND Honest. Otherwise, not that strong, so I guess it works.

Creativity/Flavour - 11
Well, fail to see relation to the toy, so, moving on, the effect is really...generic. The first one at any rate. The second one is reminiscent of the other Synchro they have, but it’s a Gardna so there’s that.

OCG/Grammar - 5
:3

"Is it OP or UP? The former, as far as I can see, considering all you need is Yu-Jo or Unity in your hand". Well, considering that you have to have both cards in your hand 1st turn, I say the odds are rather low that you get this first turn. Let's put it into perspective: It's a 1 in 40 chance to get BLS in your hand, and in decks that specifically run ways to get LIGHT & DARK attributes in your grave, it's not impossible to summon during that turn its in your hand, or future turns. Now, the scenario that you put into perspective, considering you run 1 of all 3 cards (Unity, Yu-jo Friendship, and Judgement of the Pharaoh) and 1 copy of YugsterMajor, you'd have to get a 3/40 AND a 1/40 in the same hand (of course, you require to activate 1 of the 3, which the only one that you can freely activate without an established board is Yu-jo Friendship), so if you pull that off 1st turn, you'd pretty much luck-sack at that point, and open the nuts for that kind of deck. Its also 2/5 spots in your 1st turn hand, which could be used for other cards, which are more consistent.

I can understand my placing, but the reasoning for my placement seems odd... This card was designed to have an interesting dynamic with the JUMP promo cards, while also being powerful when hitting board. I don't see this being overpowered when you have to take up deck spots with useless cards in order to run this. Regardless, thank you for the feedback! I know the OCG was odd in the final effect, but there wasn't much reference to go off of. Glad I participated.

Give it to yugster; I don't need it.

As for your comments, major, I should've elaborated. It's basically a brilliant fusion: if you draw unity/yujo before this or in the same hand, it's a summon as soon as you get it. A powerful little tech, especially since its level 8 for trade-in.

The thrill was in making the card not the reward, give my share to either Dova for judging or Major for the creativity 

Give it to yugster; I don't need it.

As for your comments, major, I should've elaborated. It's basically a brilliant fusion: if you draw unity/yujo before this or in the same hand, it's a summon as soon as you get it. A powerful little tech, especially since its level 8 for trade-in.

Woah hey, getting wins all of a sudden... Didn't mean to sound rude bringing up those points. Its ok Necromancer, you earned your spot fair & square, no need to give me the points ^-^.

Also Dova, that was kinda the idea, but I don't want my placements changed just cause I brought up a couple complaints. Appreciate the quick response tho, thanks for judging this competition!

Archived