[Finished]Super Special Awesome Competition(Finished, please LOCK)

cardgameking

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I participate as a contestant?

Sure. You may be the last though. Depends on how I'm feeling when the next submission appears. Anywho..

Chivarly uses a DARK-attribute Rock-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

Your gimmick is...

*Drumroll*

Mermail Syndrome

Just like how the Mermail and Atlaetean archtypes work incredibly well together, you have to make your archetype work well with an existing one. Bonus points if you can come up with some lore.

Sure. You may be the last though. Depends on how I'm feeling when the next submission appears. Anywho..

Chivarly uses a DARK-attribute Rock-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

Your gimmick is...

*Drumroll*

Mermail Syndrome

Just like how the Mermail and Atlaetean archtypes work incredibly well together, you have to make your archetype work well with an existing one. Bonus points if you can come up with some lore.

I like the gimmick. And also, clever with that gimmick name. :3

But I would like to re-roll for the other conditions.

I'll join, but I want a reroll because i don't like psychic decks that pendulum summon

You can join, but no more competitors after you.

Excalibur the Divine uses a EARTH-attribute Warrior-type deck. Their deck focuses on Xyz Summoning.

And your gimmick is...

*Drumroll*

Chain links.

Your cards must have effects regarding chain links and stuff.

If you don't like either roll, you can re-roll.

Ok, how many different card types do I need for my deck, does it has to be about tier 2-3 level or something, and how do I submit the cards? (on this thread or via pm)

You do minimum 5 and maximum 7 cards. Post them here in the thread. Make them as playable as you wish.

Oh, and Chivalry, do you want me to re-roll your gimmick or the other conditions? You weren't exactly Clear.

You do minimum 5 and maximum 7 cards. Post them here in the thread. Make them as playable as you wish.

Oh, and Chivalry, do you want me to re-roll your gimmick or the other conditions? You weren't exactly Clear.

Oh sorry. The secondary gimmick, please.

Away we go. You're no longer doing the Mermail Syndrome, bur instead... *Drumroll*

Dual Attributes and/or typing.

You archetype must use Dual attributes and/or typing and ABUSE it to the max. You no longer have any re-rolls.

[spoiler=Gimmick]

poCe7gH.png

Well, this should be... interesting. Count me in! I'll post my archetype profile ASAP. Also, are post-submission edits still allowed, so long as its before the deadline?

Sorry, but this competition is no longer accepting anymore entrants. And to the others, yes you can make pre-deadline edits after posting here.

Oh hey, turns out I finished my Super Special Awesome archetype sooner than expected.

My challenge was to create a LIGHT-Thunder-Type deck that focus on Ritual Summoning and has the Crystal Beast gimmick (monsters turn into Spells when destroyed).

To be honest, I enjoyed it so much that I plan on expanding the archetype later (turning it into an actual self-sufficient archetype, without having to rely on manju and stuff).

Before posting them, let me elaborate on my creation process:

- I was planning on doing a proper LIGHT Thunder-Type theme (climate things, electronics, or something like that), but suddenly went "nah, screw it" and decided to go for quite an unusual approach to the type/attribute needed (I would probably have made them multiple-attributes/thunder if I had the option to tho).

- I wasn't sure about the monsters/ritual-monsters/ritual-spells rate so I went for a single Ritual Spell (which is extremely recyclable), 2 Ritual monsters and 4 support monsters. You should be able to make a deck focused on them.

- For some reason, while creating them, I ended up comparing my monsters and their theme/playstyle a lot with "fireworks". And I still believe it's actually the best comparison to use since they like to destroy themselves like crazy and have short moments of "beauty" (the Ritual Summon). That was the feeling I wished to pass across, at least.

And now I present to you:

[spoiler=Faux Flowers]

[spoiler=Ritual Spell]

emCFQMr.jpg

Spell/Ritual

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Faux Flower" Ritual Monster from your hand, or any "Faux Flower" card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone which was originally a Ritual Monster. You must also tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or send "Faux Flower" cards from your Spell & Trap Card Zone which were originally monsters to the Graveyard, whose total original Levels equal the original Level of that card or more. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can target 1 "Faux Flower" Ritual Monster in your Graveyard; banish this card and send "Faux Flower" cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zone which were originally monsters to the Graveyard, whose total original Levels equal exactly the Level of that Ritual Monster, then Special Summon it from your Graveyard (This Special Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon). You can only use this effect of "Fake Beauty Blooming" once per turn.

[spoiler=Support Monsters]

KiVw6PL.jpg

Level 2 - LIGHT - Thunder/Effect - 800/800
You can target 1 "Faux Flower" card you control and 1 Level 4 or lower "Faux Flower" monster in your Graveyard; destroy the first target, and if you do, Special Summon the second target. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. When this card is sent from your Spell & Trap card Zone to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Faux Flower" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Faux Flower Crystal" once per turn. 

Nvm075p.jpg

Level 3 - LIGHT - Thunder/Effect - 1400/600
You can target 1 "Faux Flower" card you control; destroy it, then place 1 Level 4 or lower "Faux Flower" monster with a different name from your Deck in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Faux Flower" Ritual Monster or 1 "Fake Beauty Blooming" from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Faux Flower Gleam" once per turn.

YLPauKW.jpg
Level 3 - LIGHT - Thunder/Effect - 1000/1400
You can target 1 "Faux Flower" card you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy them. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. When this card is sent from your Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Fake Beauty Blooming" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Faux Flower Sparkle" once per turn.

BtjmcRP.jpg

Level 4 - LIGHT - Thunder/Effect - 1800/1400
When this card is Summoned: You can place 1 Level 4 or lower "Faux Flower" monster from your Deck or Graveyard in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. You can target 1 "Faux Flower" card you control and 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; destroy them. You can only use each effect of "Faux Flower Ethereal" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Ritual Monsters]

4xCNVJQ.jpg

Level 5 - LIGHT - Thunder/Ritual/Effect - 2400/2400
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Fake Beauty Blooming". Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated: You can destroy 1 "Faux Flower" card you control; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can destroy that monster and this card, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. While this card is treated as a Continuous Spell Card by this effect, during your Main Phase, you can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Faux Flower" monster in your Graveyard; place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. You can only use this effect of "Faux Flower Remorse" once per turn.

UYKDXqd.jpg
Level 7 - LIGHT - Thunder/Ritual/Effect - 2800/2600
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Fake Beauty Blooming". When this card is Ritual Summoned: Negate the effects of all face-up cards currently on the field, except "Faux Flower" cards you control, until the End Phase. During either player's turn: You can destroy all monsters on the field. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can return all face-up Spell/Trap cards on the field to the hand, then place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. While this card is treated as a Continuous Spell Card by this effect, during your Main Phase, you can target 1 "Faux Flower" card you control; destroy it, then Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Faux Flower" monster from your Deck with a different name than that target. You can only use each effect of "Faux Flower Melancholy" once per turn.

[spoiler=Clarifications]

Now for discussing the theme or core design subjects:

"What exactly makes them Thunder-Type again?"

- As I said, comparing them to fireworks isn't simple a metaphor. The monsters could be said to be literally fireworks. They are obviously not plants (Faux=Fake in french bytheway), neither they are organic creatures, they are simple a "sparkle of light" (thus I think thunder is the closest type to it). That's what you must have in mind when looking at them and their artwork. That's also why they are able to create merely a "fake beauty" (an artificial beauty, per say).

"Should I have something in mind when I imagine them on the S/T? Like how the Crystal beasts turn literally into crystals when they go to the the S/T (thematically, at least)."

- Well, you could say that they turn literally into formless flashs of lights. To be precise, instead of having a flowerish appearance (like in the artwork), they only stand there as merely "sparkles" waiting to bloom again.

"Do they have a specific speed/power-Level in mind?"

- Not quite. I really dislike to worry too much about power-level when creating my cards. I only worry about making them flow nicely and having a solid consistency (actually, I normally aim my cards to keep up with tier 2 or 3 decks at least). Although looking at them they seem really strong on paper (lots of destruction power, searching, and being able to reuse your Ritual Monsters while they are in the S/T or Graveyard is just beautiful and really handy), but I would have to test to be sure (and only being a small archetype forces them to run manju and others unsearchable or unreliable cards).

Y'know what, I think I'll reroll my secondary gimmick again.

Cutting it a lil' fine?

Anyway... Out with the toon gimmick and in with the....

*Drumroll*

Difficult Levels/Ranks.

Your archetype has to deal with bringing out unusual, rare or hard to reach levels or ranks, like level/rank 9, 11, 12, rank 1, 6, etc. Whether they're simply an engine for making/summoning these guys or focus on having the levels in question, this should be fun.

(You have no more re-rolls after this) 

I'll go next!

Emerging from underground, these fluffy little lucksters are ready for some fun! Come out from the dark to reveal the light! Hop forth, Clovereating Archetype!

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]

Clovereating Angora

Level 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Effect

If this card detatched from an Xyz Monster: you can target 1 monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until your next Standby Phase. Once per turn: you can roll a six-sided die; apply one of the following effects, depending on the result.
@1, 3, 5: Special Summon 1 "Clovereating" monster from your hand or Graveyard.
@2, 4, 6: Double this card's original ATK and DEF.

800 ATK/ 1300 DEF

Clovereating Harlequin

Level 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Effect

If this card is detatched from an Xyz Monster: you can target 1 card you control; your opponent can only target that card with card effects. This change lasts until your next Standby Phase. Once per turn: you can roll a six-sided die; apply one of the following effects, depending on the result.
@ 1, 3, 5: Special Summon 1 "Clovereating" Monster from your hand or Graveyard.
@ 2, 4 ,6: Target 1 monster you control; your opponent can only target that monster for attacks during their next Battle Phase.

800 ATK/ 1700 DEF

Clovereating Hotot

Level 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Effect

If this card is detatched from an Xyz Monster: you can target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it until your next Standby Phase. Once per turn: you can roll a six-sided die; apply one of the following effects, depending on the result.
@ 2, 4, 6: Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand and this card until your next Standby Phase.

900 ATK/ 1400 DEF

Clovereating Lop

Level 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Effect

If this card is detatched from an Xyz Monster: you can target 1 face-up card on the field; return it to the hand. Once per turn: you can roll a six-sided die; apply one of the following effects, depending on the result.
@ 2, 4, 6: Add 1 "Clovereating" Monster from your Deck to your hand.

400 ATK/ 1900 DEF

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]

Clovereating Lion Head

Rank 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Xyz/ Effect

2 Level 2 Beast-Type Monsters
You can detatch 1 Xyz Material from this card; roll a six-sided die, then apply one of the following effects, depending on the result.
@ 1, 3, 5: Double this card's original ATK and DEF until your next Standby Phase.
@ 2, 4, 6: Target 1 "Clovereating" Monster you control, except "Clovereating Lion Head"; it can attack directly this turn.
You can only use this effect of "Clovereating Lion Head" once per turn.

1600 ATK/ 800 DEF

Clovereating Giant Rex

Rank 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Xyz/ Effect

2 Level 2 Monsters
You can detatch 1 Xyz Material from this card; roll a six-sided die, then apply one of the following effects, depending on the result.
@ 1, 3, 5: Return 1 face-up card on the field to the hand.
@ 2, 4, 6: Shuffle 1 card from the hand or Graveyard into the Deck.
You can only use this effect of "Clovereating Giant Rex" one per turn.

1300 ATK/ 2000 DEF

Clovereating Flemish Giant

Rank 2/ LIGHT

Beast/ Xyz/ Effect

3 or more Level 2 Beast-Type monsters
@ 1, 3, 5: Special Summon 1 Level 2 Beast-Type monster from your Deck. It cannot activate its effects this turn.
@ 2, 4, 6: Negate the effects of 1 Special Summoned Monster's effects until the end of the next turn.
You can only use this effect of "Clovereating Flemish Giant" Once per turn.

200 ATK/ 2500 DEF

[spoiler=Before you doing a grade let me explain you a thing]

Well, the idea behind these pint sized thing-ydos is simple: That Six.

For flavor, these are all based on differant breeds of rabbit~

Design wise, these things are designed to instigate Xyz summoning, but not to the point of excess *cough tellars and what not cough*. If for some reason you don't have enough to make an Xyz turn 1, they also have other effects so that they don't insta-die (<- pun). They also have something that I like to think is unique: effects that activate when detatched. With this, these fierce little bunnies are a force to be reckoned with. That, and these things should work pretty darn well with Burgesstoma and Baby coons, especially the latter, since those decks love Level 2 shenanigans. Welp, that's my spiel. Grade away!

Archived