Making actual yu-gi-oh! cards from card maker

MathiasCarrier

Question

I am still new to this site and have begun work on making a structure deck based on my favorite video-game Skyrim. Now I was wondering if there are any places to actually manufacture these cards should I want to use them. I have looked online and found a few decent companies that do this sort of thing. The problem is they don't have the card sizes for yu-gi-oh! cards. I have spoken with a company rep. from one company I found online and he said they could do it but the price for making complete custom cards isn't cheap because they are using their equipment and would have to make adjustments. So my question is to all of you, have you found anything or anyone that actually has all the materials necessary to make these cards both normal and holo-foils?

7 answers to this question

What I do is print and cut them out, then put them in card sleeves, and put a useless normal card behind to give it a firm feel.  If I wanna get really realistic, I cut the corner holo thing off the printouts, and glue to a real card of same type (common to common, effect to effect, trap to trap, etc.) so it kinda merges with the real card and has an actual holo, and of course, sleeve them to avoid people inspecting them.

Moved to Questions & Help since it's not an Intro topic.

But as British mentioned, you're better off printing them yourself as opposed to paying money for an OriCa. 

Card size is 2.375 x 3.625 inches (just multiply these dimensions by 2.54 if you need them in metric)

For holo foils, most you can do is just print the name in the correct color (and/or do the holo effects in GIMP/Photoshop). It won't have the holographic feel, but you'll at least have the name/pic with the proper foiling.

Well, if you're serious about making your own holos, there is a way to do that on your own (assuming you have some useless holos lying around - Hidden Arsenal supers/secrets, for example). You can use nail polish remover to get rid of all the ink on the front side of the card until nothing of the original card image remains, then print out your own card with the correct dimensions on transparent paper.

You can then choose to either carefully glue it (which is a pretty meticulous process to be honest) onto your now blank holo card, or you can simply align the card with your loose image and stick them both in a sleeve to save time and effort.

Otherwise, for common cards, you can stick to photo paper as Sakura mentioned.

if you want the best paper for printing cards, go for semi-gloss. i've tested a lot of printing papers, and semi gloss has the closest feel to the real thing (without the texture, but that's something i really don't care about.) as for card backings, just go for regular paper,if you're like me, you'll likely have your card(s) in sleeves, so the backing will only matter to the most dedicated of copy artists. use something that works like/is actually a school glue stick. print them out in the above dimensions and cut them out  (or size the image to 3.4 - 2.33 if the above doesn't work) (i suggest using a paper slicer instead of scissors since it'll be closer to a clean cut that way.)

another way, if your printer is capable of it, is double sided printing with double sided matte paper. a good one to use might be [spoiler=this one]http://smile.amazon.com/Epson-Premium-Presentation-Double-sided-S041568/dp/B00006B7PY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454896836&sr=8-2&keywords=double+sided+matte+photo+paper

but i haven't tested it out on double sided prints, so i can't say for sure. regular matte paper looks decent with yugioh cards, but imo, semi-gloss is better

be aware though, printing good quality cards eats ink like a kid in a candy store. and ink is not exactly cheap nowadays, so if you plan to make printing cards a continuous thing, make sure you either have a lot of ink stocked, or deep enough pockets to keep up with the habit. also. make sure the paper you get is of the cardstock variety if you want a sturdy print.

Archived