Natural Twenty

Sethera

Let's figure this out!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which edition are you interested in playing? (vote for multiple if you prefer)

• 1e
    • Advanced (if this, specify which edition)
    • Basic Set aka 2e
    • 3e
    • 3.5e
    • Pathfinder
    • 4e
    • 5e
    • Don't care or other
  2. 2. How should we play this?

• Online tabletop
    • Don't care or other

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god, today's D&D session was just absolutely...

I killed my entire party.

So I'm a druid. I had used Conjure Woodland Beings to summon up 8 pixies, and 5 of them are casting fly on us to get us over a lake of lava. There are geysers of flame shooting out of the lava, so we all had to make dex checks. Checks, not saving throws. If they were only saving throws, it would have made all of the difference.

So I fail my check and take fire damage. DM has me make a concentration check. I'm like I'll be fine, I got the paladin next to me giving me a +5. And I already have +6 in con saves, for a total of +11. And DC's only 10.

You can guess what I rolled.

BAM! We're all dead! Weelll, except for that one guy, who's being carried over by the Aarakocra NPC, so he's fine. Not a total Total Party Kill, but I'm calling it one anyway. And I even convinced our wizard not to cast Dimension Door to save a spell slot. :P

Wait, DM! If I lose concentration on Conjure Woodland Beings, the pixies don't disappear! 

Sorry, he says, you got hit by fire and you were carrying the pixies and they only have 1 hp. They're dead.

B-but it was only 6 points worth of fire!

Sorry, he says. They were in close proximity and that's enough to kill them.

Paladin, better start praying.

It was his birthday too.

Nah, he's a great DM. Usually goes really easy on us. He's trying to figure out any way he can to make us survive this now (it'll probably involve divine intervention), but he's being a real stickler for rules in this case. I'll try to convince him again tomorrow.

If nothing else works... don't worry, I've got Water Walk!

:P

20d6 per second tho

One thing I just remembered from a campaign I was a part of a couple years ago:

We were starting the campaign by introducing our characters to each other in game, but one of the party members arrived late, so we just killed time until he got there. While we waited, everyone kept joking around about how much they hated gnomes and if he was a gnome, they would kill him in-game. Lo and behold, he revealed himself to be a gnome bard, and the barbarian in the group just turns to the guy next to him and genuinely says "I'm gonna kill this guy." Like, at first it was a joke and we all laughed about it, but at that moment he grew dead serious. It was one of the funniest moments I've ever experienced in a campaign.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I need to check this out if it exists, tabletops are just a great thing that should be enjoyed by a lot of people

YCM Username: PhoenixOfCute

Nickname: Phoenix or Melody

Experience: Pathfinder, DnD 3.5e, Shadowrun, Hc SVNT Dracones (still learning system), Warhammer Fantasy, and a small bit of DnD 5e, as well as I have experience as both a Player and a Dungeonmaster/Guide/etc)

Favorite Edition: 3.5e

Playstyle: Storyteller/Actor

Archived