Earthbound Support

jackelgull

bMOA4Xt.jpg

Earthbound Caverns

Field Spell

This card cannot be destroyed by monster effects. Once per turn during your main phase you can reveal one "Earthbound Immortal" in your hand; special summon two "Earthbound" tokens (Fiend/Dark/ Level 1/ Atk 0/ Def 0). They cannot be effect by your spells or traps, are destroyed on the end phase of the turn they are summoned and cannot be used to summon any monster except for an Earthbound Immortal. If this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard; special summon one level four DARK monster from your hand or deck.

wMOVKvX.jpg

A Deity Descends

Continuous Spell

Your opponent cannot activate card effects in response to the Summon of an "Earthbound Immortal".

EiK6rSn.jpg

Sacrificial Offering

Quickplay Spell

Send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Add an Earthbound Immortal from your deck to your hand. If this card is in your graveyard: you may banish it, and if you do, add an Earthbound Immortal from the graveyard to the hand.

9yIPFkV.jpg

Earthbound Emperor

Level 10

DARK

Fiend

If there is an "Earthbound Immortal" on the field, you may special summon this card from your hand. This special summon cannot be negated. Face up "Earthbound" cards you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card cannot declare attacks. 

tUzb4gO.jpg

Earthbound Immortal Allcu

Level 10

Dark

Beast

There can only be 1 "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot target this card for attacks. This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you may banish a monster on your opponent's side and inflict damage equal to that monster's attack; this card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. Your opponent cannot activate monster effects in response to this effect.

VDW3qeH.jpg

Ceremonial Burial

Normal Spell

Discard 1 Level 10 "Earthbound" monster; draw two cards. If this card is in your graveyard and you have an "Earthbound Immortal" in your hand: reveal that "Earthbound Immortal"; add this card to your hand. You may only activate one "Ceremonial Burial" per turn. 

I created these support cards to cover the big weaknesses of an Earthbound deck

-tribute fodder

-protection

-field spell protection

- An Earthbound Immortal worth summoning

-Draw power and a way to get rid of brick hands

-Searching ability

What do you guys think? Good? Bad? 

I have a question - does my Earthbound Immortal target with his effect, or does a card have to specifically say its targeting a monster for that to be considered targeting?

• 2 weeks later...

The first one seems like the sipport they would need, the second seems unnecessary, the third adds consistency, but is a +1 which does need even less setup than pantheism, but is still acceptable. Now for the fourth ... extreme protection, especially with the fish in def ... might be a bit much, but hardly gamebreaking, so I see no real issues. As for the fifth banishing removal + Atk burn ... is there really a need for another earthbound ? Now for the final one ... the lack of an Opt clause makes it absurb, especially with the third in mind.

*Blinks* , what was I thinking with that last one? You're right that Ceremonial Burial needs a hard opt. Yes, the second one is a bit unnecessary, thought it might be a nice bit of protection for summoning Earthbound Immortals, and I loved the image, so why not? Nothing wrong with extraneous cards. Finally, I figured the old Earthbounds are a little dated in the current meta, I wanted one that might at least be decent. 

• 2 weeks later...

No. Your Earthbound Immortal does not technically target by today's standards, to my understandings. Cards must say (or have a specific ruling that states) that they target cards. That's why so many cards say that they target- not targeting in Yu-Gi-Oh gets around so many abilities it's absurd. Just look at Rippling Mirror Force. Insanity.

Overall, very interesting designs for all of your cards- essentially giving Ebounders a Trade-In and a powerful beater monster that protects them so long as you don't run the Soul Drain variant, and even if you do, 2700 is a respectable amount. 

I don't know what changes you may have made in the past, but it all seems good from here. You could probably put this in your siggy as one of your "finished" archetypes, to be honest.

Archived