[Finished]CC Monthly Series [February 2016] (ENTRIES CLOSED | JUDGING)

There we go. Took a fun route this time.

[spoiler=Network Assimilator]

F4A2OJ7.jpg

Level 7 - WIND - Machine/Synchro/Effect - 1500/2400
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Synchro Monster in either player's Graveyard; Special Summon it to your side of the field, but its ATK and DEF become 0 and its effects are negated, then this card's Level becomes the same as that monster's. If you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except by Xyz Summon.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watashi no turn~

[spoiler=hiya!'']

NNb5fMD.png

Cursed Knight of the Seven Sins

DARK/Rank 7

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 7 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of these effects. Each effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.
● Both players shuffle card(s) in their hand and they control to the Deck until they have 7 cards in their hand and they control.
● Until the End Phase, all monsters on the field that has a Level becomes Level 7, and monsters that has a Rank becomes Rank 7. If there is card(s) in either player's Pendulum Zone, their Pendulum Scales becomes 7.
If this card has 1 or less Xyz Material, this card's original Rank becomes Rank 10.

2700/1700

[spoiler=lil' explanation'']

Well the contests itself has 7 as a theme, so why not? The only things that rings in my head when hearing number "7" is the deadly sins, and we got this in the card pool. So this card basically full theme'd about number 7. Rank 7, with an effect that does something with number 7, has 2700 ATK and 1700 DEF and such.

As for the playability itself, basically the last part is originally intended to bring that card, but of course you can do Ravenous and Pain Gainer as you wish, to make L7/R7.dek has an access to R10 Xyz.

Almost missed this. Entering.

[spoiler=Entry]

5WKIG7c.png

High Avatar Phoenix Deity
Rank 7 / FIRE
Winged Beast / Xyz / Effect
3 Level 7 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 2 "Fire King" monsters from your hand as Xyz Materials whose combined Levels are equal to or greater than this cards Rank. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and destroy 1 "Fire King" card in your hand or that you control; destroy all Spell/Trap Cards on the field.
2800 / 1700

Alright then, added.

Just as a heads-up about the judging afterwards, it may take a while due to multiple exams that week (which they "conveniently" decide to mention at the last minute instead of having it planned out beforehand) and yeah, the amount of entries. I will admit that I am pleased with the turnout.

Might go ahead and grade the ones you all submitted so far in advance (I don't foresee Konami to be leaking any new cards for 1001 or anything else within the next couple days). 

[spoiler=Entry]

RdFAakB.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]2 "Koa'ki Meiru" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard (You do not use "Polymerization".) If this card is Special Summoned, you can target 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can reveal 1 card in your hand or target 1 card in your Graveyard; until the end of this turn, that card's name becomes "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru".

Koa'ki Meiru, an undersupported archetype, tends to be very inconsistent and has a very unreliable method of retaining field presence. Coreviver, true to its name, creates more cores to fuel the other monsters. It also makes nearly every other Koa'ki Meiru support cards live. 
I made it a fusion to make it more practical to the archetype. And I haven't seen any Fusions as of yet.

It also helps them get into a Rank 7. Total stats is 3500. There are 5 gems in the picture, so divide 3500 by 5, you get 700... the theme 7. Nerdy, I know, but I thought it seemed to work.

This is Black Rose dragon's nightmare:

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: Choose either the Monster Card Zones or Spell & Trap Card Zones on the field; while this face-up card is on the field, those Card Zones cannot be used. If there was a Spell/Trap or Monster card(s) in the choosen Monster Card Zones or Spell & Trap Card Zones (excpet this card), return them to their owner's hand.

BYwRiNY.png

Going to bump this.

If you haven't submitted an entry yet, make sure you do it before Monday night my time (or before Tuesday morning/afternoon, depending on your own timezones).

Also mikel, you're not permitted to completely change your entry (I know you had a Bleach-based one earlier, so you need to use that).

Going to bump this.

If you haven't submitted an entry yet, make sure you do it before Monday night my time (or before Tuesday morning/afternoon, depending on your own timezones).

Also mikel, you're not permitted to completely change your entry (I know you had a Bleach-based one earlier, so you need to use that).

The hell, I wasn't done. I submit that card for like a few mins then you posted...

Edit: Notice, its not after deadline, so I believe I can change my card whenever as long as it's not after deadline <.<

The hell, I wasn't done. I submit that card for like a few mins then you posted...

Edit: Notice, its not after deadline, so I believe I can change my card whenever as long as it's not after deadline <.>

You can change OCG and stuff, to fix issues, but not the core card. It says in the OP.

The general rule is that you more/less design the card as a final product by the time you submit it to the contest. 

I may need to be more specific as to what constitutes a minor/major change (although it hasn't happened often). 

How about you make the rule as such, that you cannot change the card whatsoever, if an hour had passed since posting of the reply. 

I don't particularly remember what your original card's effect was, but the general thing is that participants don't outright change their effects.

If this new card has the same effect (and stats otherwise), then fine.

Again, you're permitted to make name changes, small edits to the effects in terms of wording and application (especially as we're getting leaks now, contrary to my earlier prediction) and so forth. 

----

I need to update the main post with who has submitted an entry. 

I know in the past, standard was to outright bar any changes once it's submitted. (I did mention that while small changes like OCG fixes and the like are acceptable, card should already be designed as a final product).

That in mind, most of you already do this so that's fine. (It's only now that this problem comes up; haven't had this issue in the past CC monthly tournaments)

----

Oh yeah and Dova, your card is missing the summon requirements.

[spoiler=Card]2ovYZGX.png

2 Level 7 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 8 or higher Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) While this card has an Xyz Material(s), your opponent cannot activate cards or effects if this card attacks or is attacked, until the end of the Damage Step. At the end of each turn: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

Here you go.

Yeah, you left the pic as a Rank 3 (but I know you made it as an R7, so don't worry about it). 

Should've caught that earlier.

Updated it, actually, and it had the wrong attribute. I normally make my cards off existing card templates I have, so sometimes I forget to change one or two things.

[spoiler=Card]OGSTIeU.png?1

PE: Level 4 mosnters you control cannot be targeted and are unaffected by the effects of Spell cards. If this card is destroyed while in the Pendulum Zone; Special Summon 1 face-up monster from your Extra Deck.

ME: While this card is face-up on the field level 4 and lower monsters you control are unaffected by trap cards. If this card is Pendulum Summoned: Target 1 card on the field; negate it's effects.

Archived