[Finished]CC Monthly Series [February 2016] (ENTRIES CLOSED | JUDGING)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't have a 21-day rule in general contests like I do for 1v1, so at this point, yes.

Though, I would advise that you update it a little bit if things needed to be fixed the last time it came around.

Well, I made it for another competition, but when I noticed that it was Level 7, thought that I may as well enter it into CC Monthly as well.

lsBsGdj.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can send 1 "Speedroid" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard; add 1 "Speedroid" monster from your Deck to your hand. When your opponent's monster declares an attack: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and proceed to damage calculation. If this card was Summoned this way, banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Hi-Speedroid Daruma" once per turn.

Low creativity points for copying Nepty. Hopefully I will get something for making Speedroids Tier 1. ^$^

EDIT: Just wanted to say that this is my first CC Monthly, and that the card is based off this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll#Children.27s_games

Thanks Sakura.

Cannot be Synchro Summoned. Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending 1 Rank 1 or higher monster and 1 Level 1 monster you control to the Graveyard (1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned, excavate up to 3 top cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, and then place the others on the bottom of your Deck. Once per turn, if you haven’t Special summoned ANY other monster(s) this turn (during your Main Phase 1): Reveal the bottom of your Deck, if its a Monster card; Special summon it. Excluding its summoning conditions.

x2W6nkL.png

Based off the year of 2016! ;)

Yeah, you'll have to redo the entry as it's neither a Level/Rank 7 monster (which was the requirement for this month).

I said that designing a card based on a monkey was the alternative option if I didn't want to grade L/R 7s, but that's not the theme.

Maybe next month or in another tournament within the year.

[spoiler My Submission]Red Baboon, Sage of the Forest

EARTH 7*

Beast/Effect

If you control a Beast-type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your Hand). When you do, target 1 Beast-type monster you control; destroy that target. Once per turn, you can banish 2 Beast-type monsters from your Graveyard; add 1 level 5 or higher Beast-type monster from your Deck to your Hand.

2600/1800

Heh, decided to go with something simple.

My entry:

HIli96n.jpg

Lore:

If this card is Special Summoned: You can target one card on the field: destroy that target. Once per turn, you can target one card on the field: destroy that target. You can tribute this card, destroy all Level 7 or lower monsters your opponent controls. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you use this effect. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard: destroy one card on the field. You can only use 2 "Darkbolt Dragon" effects per turn, and only once that turn. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard.

So basically it's supposed to help dragons (even though they are pretty good already). Dragons usually rely on high atk or red eyes burn, but I wanted to try making a dragon with destrouction effects.

I wasn't going to join at first because theme felt a little too vague/open, but I wanna try to do all the CC monthlies this year and see how it goes. So far, I've been pretty much landing in top 5ish, past few times.

Anywho, requesting to join.

Alright then. 

Most themes are pretty open, but other months may be more specific (which might be good for some members).

Just have to see how March will turn out (or the next month where I'll have time). 

My entry:

HIli96n.jpg

Lore:

If this card is Special Summoned: You can target one card on the field: destroy that target. Once per turn, you can target one card on the field: destroy that target. You can tribute this card, destroy all Level 7 or lower monsters your opponent controls. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you use this effect. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard: destroy one card on the field. You can only use 2 "Darkbolt Dragon" effects per turn, and only once that turn. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard.

Alright, I'll note it. 

osR06EW.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]1 "Scrap" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can target 1 card you control; destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Scrap" card from your Deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): Target 1 non-Synchro "Scrap" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

[spoiler Design Notes]Pardon my slight laziness. I'm digging up a card from the past and tweaking it.

Ain't it a shame that Scraps only get rather mediocre LV7 selections? Scrap Archfiend is cool, but a vanilla, and the rest of the generic LV7 Synchro selections aren't always the best to pull up. More consistency to an old archetype? Sure, if it means trying to keep it afloat with power creep.

Standard Scrap Synchro stuff here - one effect to pop a card of yours for a form of advantage, and one to revive a non-Tuner Scrap when it goes down. This time, the card allows you to tutor any "Scrap" card at the cost of field advantage - while potentially powerful when you combo it with Scrap Factory, it takes a little bit of effort to pull off from an empty field. No need for a hard OPT here.

2600/1300 stats make it so the card can still hit harder and kill things better than Black Rose Dragon and pals, and at least cause it to compete with Dark Strike Fighter for the LV7 slot.

Archived