• Sword of the Stranger
    • Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan
    • My Neighbor Totoro
    • FMA: Conqueror of Shambala
    • Princess Mononoke
    • Akira
    • Perfect Blue

Introduction:

For those of you that don't know, this was originally a thing that was tried as an activity for a club, but it was watching whole series an episode a day. Instead, I was thinking it might be cool to do this as a once a week kind of thing. That's when I thought of trying out moovies.

Last time we did any anime streaming, we got 4 people and we started around 7 PM EST, which was better than the last few times before it, so I think it might be a better time (as opposed to 9:30). I'm thinking on Saturdays. I'm also thinking it could be done multiple days a week, for those interested that can't join on Saturdays. Just keep in mind it won't be something different if you decide to join a second time a week (unless some are completely opposed to watching something others really want to watch).

I'm probably only going to once a week, unless my internet or something keeps me from doing so.

________________________________________________________________________________

[spoiler=What we're going to watch first and when (and as a bonus a link to where it will be hosted):]Sometime on Feb 20th, a poll will be put up with suggestions given from Feb 16th to then. There will be one week for votes.

The time and date for the first moovie will be Feb 27th at 7 PM EST.

Link

Suggestions:

• Castle in the Sky (Mirei) - Ghibli film 1 (in which I said I would decide what it would be the day before I put up the poll)
  • Kiki's Delivery Service (Mirei) - Ghibli film 2 (same as first)
  • Sword of the Stranger (Shradow)
  • Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan (Thar)
  • My Neighbor Totoro (Thar)
  • FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa (Thar)
  • Princess Mononoke (Johan Liebert)
  • Akira (Johan Liebert)
  • Perfect Blue (Johan Liebert)

[spoiler=What we can watch besides anime:]There should be no problem with other animated moovies. We can also watch anything we can find on Youtube, but we can't pause if we do. So, we probably should stick to shorter things if we do that.

[spoiler=What I'd like to see sometime:]Some more Ghibli moovies. I've only seen the Arrietty one myself, so I'd be interested in seeing just about any one of them.

Just as a reminder, there may be people who'd be for this, but in a time zone where it'd be morning for them at the time this would take place, so remember that this isn't limited to only this time of the day. You can feel free to talk about a time that would work for you. Although, if there aren't enough people wanting to do this at whatever time that is, it may be completely pointless.

*ahem* I've taken your suggestions into account, but here's how I think this should work:

I think we should make a short-time schedule, maybe 5 moovies at a time, so we know what we'll be watching a while ahead of time. That way, you'll know exactly when to come for what you want to watch.

That means we first need to think of moovies we can agree would work for a group of people.

I mean I'd totally watch those moovies, but we need to think about the needs of the people.

Not that I watched anything of Dragon Ball that I didn't see on TV which was only episodes, not moovies, and probably not even all of it.

Not that those aren't real suggestions, but I wanted something for anyone to start with. You know, so this doesn't die before we do anything. The first goal is for us to decide on something for Feb 27th, as I'm not available for this Saturday (I guess I should have said that before now, though).

How about everyone that's interested pitch in 2 or 3 ideas and I'll a poll up for what we'll watch first. Does that sound okay to everyone?

Also, I feel the need to explain how the poll would work. You'll be allowed to vote for more than one because if it was just one, everyone would just vote for one of their ideas and nothing would actually get picked. But when it does go up, don't go voting for everything on it because that would be another problem.

In other words, vote for whatever you'd like to watch, but restrain yourself from voting for "too many."

My additions to the poll will just be a couple studio Ghibli moovies, as I've mentioned before how I've only seen one of them. If there's any you think I should see specifically, I might make it one of mine (so you can still add your own picks).

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder that the first moovie will be watched today. From the poll results, it will be My Neighbor Totoro. It will be in just under 3 hours.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about deciding the next moovie (if this ends up working out)?

EDIT: This doesn't seem to be working out. I realize this was only the first moovie and I thought this might work out because the last streaming did, but there have been too many times that it didn't work out and this was one of them. This time for sure was my last time hosting one of these, unless something changes and the people that said they could can participate.

Archived