[Sakura 28K] Báofênglán the Tornado Dragon

Flash Flyer - Sakura

IxPeWHI.jpg

Báofênglán the Tornado Dragon

Level 8 | WIND | Dragon | Synchro | Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

(1) Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

(2) Once per turn, if this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can shuffle 1 face-up card on the field into the Deck.

2800/2500

If I update the card, just read the text version as YCM's auto upload to Imgur is broken at the time of posting (and it's a pain to update the pic constantly).

iU8EggM.png

If you've been here a while, you know how things work in terms of these things; every 1000 posts, I post a card designed to commemorate said occasion.

Anyway, basic idea is a generic Level 8 Synchro that can deal with cards that can't be targeted + remove them (although yes, certain Decks are capable of springing them again, so may not as effective).

To be honest, I did want to add a revival effect of sorts when it gets popped (either by Raigeki or a monster with +2800 ATK), but that would have been too much.

At the very least, it's protected from Castel, Dark Destroyer and whatever targets nowadays and comes with a good body.

iU8EggM.png

Name is roughly "storm dragon" (暴风龙) in transliterated Chinese (reminder that the cardmaker can't read long vowels, so circumflex has to do).

Pic is from the Puzzles & Dragon Wikia (specifically, Tornado Holy Dragon).

-----

Anyway, CnC.

(Proper comments will be repped)

Guest BGMCANN0N

Seems like in some situations his effect might be hard to pull off... Like say if the said Kozmo player only had Dark Destroyer on the field, but there are some cool things you could do to pull off this guys effect thanks to him not needing to have the destroyed monster hit the Graveyard:

• You can use Ojama Trio and attack one of the tokens to shuffle face-up cards.
  • You can pair this with Black Garden to do roughly the same thing and have  a mean control set up.

Another thing to note this that Pilica, Descendant of Gusto can make this thing easily with Cockadoodledoo in the Graveyard.

After thinking about it, I had considered the possibility of making its bounce effect a hard OPT as opposed to a soft one like we have now, given potential power issues. Probably should be fine, but if things have to be changed, I will.

You're right about the scenario if Kozmos only have Destroyer up (and I've seen that happen a few times by now, especially with multiples [or Forerunner, which would just power tie with this]), but them aside, you should still be able to remove stuff against other Decks for the most part. Probably other things that might not care as much, but we can't design a card that can combat every single thing.

Otherwise, Black Garden stuff is pretty cool as well, since you'll pretty much always have a target for this card to kill, and start bouncing stuff away (among other neat combos).

If you really wanted to, you could also recycle some of your dead cards on the field so they can be reused, but most of the time, you'd want to hit the opponent's board, especially given how the game is now.

Archived