Love and Loki?! - Bind Summon and Gate Summon

DarkLight101

If you've seen my previous post about Collision Summoning, you would know that i'm working on a fanfic.

to make the long story short, in that fic. Another universe exists where the world progressed without XYZ, Synchro, Fusion or Ritual. Instead, they had Collision, Mnemonic, And sonex.

Now, Sonex is the Ritual-Equivalent for the other-world. But i need one more. Both Mnemonic and Collision can be stored in the Extra Deck. But i need one more card that can do that...

So i did what any logical person does!

Banged my head against the wall for an idea! And i did create one! (and a few headaches.)

Bind Summon and Trigger Summon

these are really experimental ideas. Like, really experimental. I need alot of feedback on these cards and card ideas.  But here are my basic ideas.

Bind Summon

They say the first Binding Monster appeared from the depth of despair, and the power of Love. A young couple tragically die, falling to their demise. Holding hands, a final hope sprung out from them. The game generated a pink-colored card. The binding monster. Unifying two monsters in a perfect relationship to create something better. Or it could just be konami pumping out a new money-making machine.

Binding Monsters are monsters that are stored in the Extra Deck. They have a pink color (It's February. Why not?) and do not posses Ranks, Mana, or levels. (You can suggest a replacement if you can think of one).

The Summoning Method

In order to summon a Binding monster, you state that you are "binding" two monsters. You flip both of those monsters horizontally by 90 degrees and place the Binding monster on top of them. 

X1eazbV.png.

The special stuff

So what makes them Special? Well, you can't detach the monsters like XYZ.

Binded monsters (the material) are considered on-field and can be destroyed/kicked from the field by card-effects and even battle. However, a few things to note:

- You cannot use the binded monsters for a synchro, Xyz etc. They are not use-able for anything else,

- Once one of the material is gone. The other material is destroyed and the binded monster is banished.

- Binding Monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. You must destroy one of their material. Battle damage does calculate.

Thats' binding monsters. Here's another idea.

Gate Summon

The trickster god Loki has quite a few ideas. But nobody thought he would come up with a summoning method! Traps are more useful now! Thanks Loki!

gate monsters are summoned by activating a trap card and sending that trap and the material to the graveyard. 

Traps these days seem a bit under-used. So why not give them some love?

Here's an example.

Sadistic Fiend Friend

Level 5

DARK

Fiend/Gate/Effect

"Fiend Pal", ACTIVATED "Mirror-Force" (This states that this card can only be summoned when mirror force is activated. )

When this card is Gate Summoned; deal 500 points of damage to your opponent per monster destroyed by Mirror Force.

2000/200

These are both really basic and rough ideas. So please, leave suggestions. And if you can, tell me what your summoning method is. I need just one more for the story. 

I hope to receive good feed-back :)

• 1 month later...

I dont really understand gate summoning, but i like the bind summoning mechanic. I just dont understand how they interact with the monster zones. It seems like the pillars should each occupy a monster zone and hold the Binding Monster "above" the field, where it isnt directly affected by what happens on the field until it's pillar(s) are kicked.

Anywho...Since I like the idea, i threw this together for you:

[spoiler=template]ehep80.png

Archived