[Finished]Everybody Hates Pendulums! [Judging Completed]

Major's Shadow

[spoiler=Submission]

Basically a solemn card for the pendulum mechanic

g9scCYO.jpg

When a monster(s) would be Pendulum Summoned, OR when a card or effect is activated in the Pendulum Zone: Pay 1000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card. You can only activate 1 "Unbalanced Scales" per turn.

Entry accepted.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BGMCANN0N

[spoiler=Entry: Scaleless Serpent]

Scaleless Serpent

Lv: ✪
[ Wind/Reptile ]
ATK: 250 DEF: 300

When this card is Summoned: Change this card to Defense Position. Once per turn, you can equip all your opponent's cards
in the Pendulum Zones to this card. While equipped with Pendulum Monsters, you apply the following effects:

•  This card is unaffected by the effects of Pendulum Cards.
  •  If this card would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), send 1 Pendulum Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard instead.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

I sort of wanted to make a Sinister Serpent cameo this time around... Only this time instead of the Sinister Serpent we know and love: he is Naked ~whee-woo~ ♪ (scaleless) and needs some articles of Pendulum-based fashion to cover his birthday suit pronto. Also, play on words: he leaves your opponent "Scaleless". *knee slaps*

Anyhow, I thought it would be cool to make a more defensive approach against Pendulums, and go for sort of a Fortune Tune-esque effect. As for the justification of him being able to aggressively take your opponents scales, your opponent is going to want to get rid of this first before they use their scales again if they can, and it is specifically against Pendulum based decks.

Also, he actually has some searchability:

• King of the Feral Imps
  • One-for-One
  • Where Arf Thou?

[spoiler=References]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sinister_Serpent

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_49:_Fortune_Tune

I wouldn't mind jumping in on this bandwagon! It's a simple card, but...

[spoiler=No More Reruns! (Now including a pic!)]n01EX8v.png
Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: (This is always treated as a "Toon" card.)

While this card is face-up on the field, Pendulum Monsters are sent to the Graveyard instead of the Extra Deck when destroyed.

Explanation: Well, from a cartoon standpoint, seeing the Pendulums coming back to the field from the Extra Deck repeatedly would be similar to seeing a particular cartoon episode for the umpteenth time, aka a rerun. This stops the 'rerun' effect that Pendulums have that allow them to keep coming back after you spent so much to get them off the field the first time around.

Entry: Hypnoprincess

[spoiler=Hypnoprincess]GMjJLoG.jpg

Effect: 

This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects during the turn it is Summoned. When this card is Summoned: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Set 1 "Wavering" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck, and it can be activated this turn. You can only use this effect of "Hypnoprincess" once per turn. During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Pendulum Summon monsters from the hand or the Extra Deck.

Lore:

Inspired off of Hypnosister, Guiding Ariadne, Night Wing Sorceress, and Watch Dog. Created a search monster that can be used with Emergency Teleport in order to add a counter and get a Tuner out, so I guess Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit played a minor role in inspiring that part as well.

Being a Tuner was a bonus because I thought it would make an easy Black Rose in order to nuke the field. If this card's in grave, you can Elder God Norden it back, even though it loses its search, but you can still make Black Rose. Same as summoning a Level 4, E-Tele out Hypnoprincess, and make a Black Rose, although it also limits the search.

However, this gives you more options to decide your next course of action, since she can't be destroyed by battle or by card effects during the turn she is Summoned. If you E-Tele on your opponent's turn, it provides a good wall to protect yourself. Coth can also be used, although she will be forced into Attack mode if you try to bring her back that way.

Aside from Wavering Eyes, Unwavering Bonds will be coming out soon, which was another part of my main focus for this card: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Unwavering_Bonds

[spoiler=Entry: Scaleless Serpent]

Scaleless Serpent

Lv: ✪

[ Wind/Reptile ]

ATK: 250 DEF: 300

When this card is Summoned: Change this card to Defense Position. Once per turn, you can equip all your opponent's cards

in the Pendulum Zones to this card. While equipped with Pendulum Monsters, you can apply the following effects:

•  This card is unaffected by the effects of Pendulum Cards.
  •  If this card would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), send 1 Pendulum Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard instead.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

I sort of wanted to make a Sinister Serpent cameo this time around... Only this time instead of the Sinister Serpent we know and love: he is Naked ~whee-woo~ ♪ (scaleless) and needs some articles of Pendulum-based fashion to cover his birthday suit pronto. Also, play on words: he leaves your opponent "Scaleless". *knee slaps*

Anyhow, I thought it would be cool to make a more defensive approach against Pendulums, and go for sort of a Fortune Tune-esque effect. As for the justification of him being able to aggressively take your opponents scales, your opponent is going to want to get rid of this first before they use their scales again if they can, and it is specifically against Pendulum based decks.

[spoiler=References]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sinister_Serpent

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_49:_Fortune_Tune

Entry: Hypnoprincess

[spoiler=Hypnoprincess]bwFm9RJ.jpg

Lore:

Inspired off of Hypnosister, Guiding Ariadne, Night Wing Sorceress, and Watch Dog. Created a search monster that can be used with Emergency Teleport in order to add a counter and get a Tuner out, so I guess Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit played a minor role in inspiring that part as well.

Being a Tuner was a bonus because I thought it would make an easy Black Rose in order to nuke the field. If this card's in grave, you can Elder God Norden it back, even though it loses its search, but you can still make Black Rose. Same as summoning a Level 4, E-Tele out Hypnoprincess, and make a Black Rose, although it also limits the search.

However, this gives you more options to decide your next course of action, since she can't be destroyed by battle or by card effects during the turn she is Summoned. If you E-Tele on your opponent's turn, it provides a good wall to protect yourself. Coth can also be used, although she will be forced into Attack mode if you try to bring her back that way.

This card, unfortunately, would work best in a Pendulum Deck (My opinion). However, it is still an effective counter against Pendulums as it can search for the Wavering cards.

Aside from Wavering Eyes, Unwavering Bonds will be coming out soon, which was another part of my main focus for this card: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Unwavering_Bonds

I wouldn't mind jumping in on this bandwagon! It's a simple card, but...

[spoiler=No More Reruns!]Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: (This is always treated as a "Toon" card.)

While this card is face-up on the field, Pendulum Monsters are sent to the Graveyard instead of the Extra Deck when destroyed.

Explanation: Well, from a cartoon standpoint, seeing the Pendulums coming back to the field from the Extra Deck repeatedly would be similar to seeing a particular cartoon episode for the umpteenth time, aka a rerun. This stops the 'rerun' effect that Pendulums have that allow them to keep coming back after you spent so much to get them off the field the first time around.

All of these entries have been accepted! I'll update the main post w/ those who just entered.

My entry is finished! Here it is. P present to you Nopen Blanter, the Scale Stopper!

[spoiler=Entry and lore]

UFTxKuA.jpg

Psychic / Tuner / Level 3 / LIGHT

Lore: Monsters cannot attack the turn they are Pendulum Summoned. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when either player activates the effect of a Pendulum Summoned Monster or of a Pendulum Spell Card; You can target that card; send 1 other card you control to the Graveyard, and if you do, shuffle that target into the Main Deck. You can only control 1 "Nopen Blanter, the Scale Stopper".

ATK 300 / DEF 1800

This is my first attempt to make an anti-pendulum card. My main goal was to create a small floodgate but also keeping it balanced with an extra effect. Originally I was kinda iffy about making it a Psychic because E-tele is @3 thus might make it too Op, so I decided to add the only-control-1 part. The Tuner part was intentional too so I could hopefully see if it could have any significance when not up against pends.

I'm looking forward to how the contest goes with this card and the rest of the entries.

(Also yes I added the ycm-ftw and stuff under the pic on the card on purpose)

My entry is finished! Here it is. P present to you Nopen Blanter, the Scale Stopper!

UFTxKuA.jpg

Lore: Monsters cannot attack the turn they are Pendulum Summoned. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when either player activates the effect of a Pendulum Summoned Monster or of a Pendulum Spell Card; You can target that card; send 1 other card you control to the Graveyard, and if you do, shuffle that target into the Main Deck. You can only control 1 "Nopen Blanter, the Scale Stopper".

ATK 300 / DEF 1800

This is my first attempt to make an anti-pendulum card. My main goal was to create a small floodgate but also keeping it balanced with an extra effect. Originally I was kinda iffy about making it a Psychic because E-tele is @3 thus might make it too Op, so I decided to add the only-control-1 part. The Tuner part was intentional too so I could hopefully see if it could have any significance when not up against pends.

I'm looking forward to how the contest goes with this card and the rest of the entries.

Accepted! Also, please place the image & lore in a spoiler, thanks.

I'm interested in joining this contest. It isn't too late, is it?

Nope, so long as you submit before the deadline, you're fine.

Bump! Again, last possible time for entry is March 1st @ 12:00AM. Be sure to make any final entries & edits before then! Wish you all the best of luck.

Here is my entry (caution: the image is big) :

[spoiler=Trojan Core]

cE5Smk3.jpg

Trojan Core

Level 4

DARK

Machine/Effect

ATK/1900  DEF/1500

(1) When Summoned: Switch the Battle Positions of all Pendulum Monsters your opponent controls.
(2) Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a card(s) would be sent to your Opponent's Extra Deck from their field or Graveyard: You can send 1 card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; Send all those cards to your Extra Deck instead, and if you do, you can Destroy 1 face-up Spell card on the field.
(3) When your Opponent Special Summons 2 or more Monsters at the same time: You can Discard 1 card and Tribute this card; Take control of all those Monsters. After this effect of "Trojan Core" is activated, it cannot be used again until your next turn's End Phase.

[spoiler=My opinion about the card]
First, a bit of flavor - It has 300 ATK and DEF more than 'The Trojan Horse' (( I wonder why 'The Trojan Horse' is Beast and not Machine, but this one is a Machine-Type alright. )) . To live up to the 'trojan horse' title, all its effects treat the opponent's pendulum monsters as trojan horses of sorts - (1) causes them to switch positions, (2) and (3) cause them to flat out betray their owner each in their own way, (3) being the most direct.
Another little influence is Thunder King Rai-oh , with the 1900 ATK, an effect which involves tributing itself, and an effect which prevents searches (although in Trojan Core's case, effect 2 prevents Pendulum's way of search specificly.) .
(Doomcaliber Knight could be considered an influence for the 1900 ATK and tributing itself effect too, but it's mostly Rai-oh.)

Now, gameplay-wise,  sending cards from the player's extra deck to the graveyard brings a specific card in mind which this card can abuse, and that's Herald of Arc Light. If you're playing a deck which has rituals in it (Prediction Princess and Nekroz come to mind) , you get a free search out of it, just by paying the cost.
Getting effect 2 from effect 1 is easy enough to begin with, assuming your Opponent has a face-up pendulum monster. Decks which will have problems with this cost are decks which focus on maximizing the options in the extra deck (synchron/quasar/'Yusei' comes to mind) , or decks which don't have extra decks to begin with (pure monarchs in some rare instances) . ((I know this contest is supposed to have cards which counter pendulums, but if you're playing pendulums and trigger this effect, those monsters sent to your extra deck may as well be usable))
about its stats in general and how they could be used - first off, it's Machine-Type, and that means Limiter Removal. It's not LIGHT, so no Honest, but Limiter Removal is more than enough, considering it has 1900 original ATK with an actual positive effect. It's level 4, so it's compatible with instant-fusion-noden shenanigans for rank 4 xyz (Trojan Core's effect is negated though) . And lastly, it's DARK attribute. Specificly, DARK Machine Level 4. Not a lot of Monsters have this specific setup, but that opens up the Black Salvo possibility for a level 7 synchro.
Some drawbacks include the fact that effect 1 is mandatory , and effect 3 can miss timing.
I might be missing something here, but as far as I can see it's not spammable, but useful to at least slow down pendulums considerably. 

Here is my entry (caution: the image is big) :

[spoiler=Trojan Core]

cE5Smk3.jpg

Trojan Core

Level 4

DARK

Machine/Effect

ATK/1900  DEF/1500

(1) When Summoned: Switch the Battle Positions of all Pendulum Monsters your opponent controls.

(2) Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a card(s) would be sent to your Opponent's Extra Deck from their field or Graveyard: You can send 1 card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; Send all those cards to your Extra Deck instead, and if you do, you can Destroy 1 face-up Spell card on the field.

(3) When your Opponent Special Summons 2 or more Monsters at the same time: You can Discard 1 card and Tribute this card; Take control of all those Monsters. After this effect of "Trojan Core" is activated, it cannot be used again until your next turn's End Phase.

[spoiler=My opinion about the card]

First, a bit of flavor - It has 300 ATK and DEF more than 'The Trojan Horse' (( I wonder why 'The Trojan Horse' is Beast and not Machine, but this one is a Machine-Type alright. )) . To live up to the 'trojan horse' title, all its effects treat the opponent's pendulum monsters as trojan horses of sorts - (1) causes them to switch positions, (2) and (3) cause them to flat out betray their owner each in their own way, (3) being the most direct.

Another little influence is Thunder King Rai-oh , with the 1900 ATK, an effect which involves tributing itself, and an effect which prevents searches (although in Trojan Core's case, effect 2 prevents Pendulum's way of search specificly.) .

(Doomcaliber Knight could be considered an influence for the 1900 ATK and tributing itself effect too, but it's mostly Rai-oh.)

Now, gameplay-wise,  sending cards from the player's extra deck to the graveyard brings a specific card in mind which this card can abuse, and that's Herald of Arc Light. If you're playing a deck which has rituals in it (Prediction Princess and Nekroz come to mind) , you get a free search out of it, just by paying the cost.

Getting effect 2 from effect 1 is easy enough to begin with, assuming your Opponent has a face-up pendulum monster. Decks which will have problems with this cost are decks which focus on maximizing the options in the extra deck (synchron/quasar/'Yusei' comes to mind) , or decks which don't have extra decks to begin with (pure monarchs in some rare instances) . ((I know this contest is supposed to have cards which counter pendulums, but if you're playing pendulums and trigger this effect, those monsters sent to your extra deck may as well be usable))

about its stats in general and how they could be used - first off, it's Machine-Type, and that means Limiter Removal. It's not LIGHT, so no Honest, but Limiter Removal is more than enough, considering it has 1900 original ATK with an actual positive effect. It's level 4, so it's compatible with instant-fusion-noden shenanigans for rank 4 xyz (Trojan Core's effect is negated though) . And lastly, it's DARK attribute. Specificly, DARK Machine Level 4. Not a lot of Monsters have this specific setup, but that opens up the Black Salvo possibility for a level 7 synchro.

Some drawbacks include the fact that effect 1 is mandatory , and effect 3 can miss timing.

I might be missing something here, but as far as I can see it's not spammable, but useful to at least slow down pendulums considerably. 

Accepted!

[spoiler=Entry]

LZNDaUq.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be destroyed by battle. If your opponent Pendulum Summon(s) a monster: You can target one of those monsters; take control of it, and if you do, its effects are negated and is unaffected by other card effects until the end of this turn.

I had really complex ideas, so I decided I wanted to make it simple and short.

• Searchable by Tenki
  • Rank 3 fodder
  • Gets DARK support
  • Makes your opponent think twice about Pendulum Summoning

[spoiler=Entry and lore]

UFTxKuA.jpg

ATK 300 / DEF 1800

._. 

A Tuner. Psychic. Level 3. Same ATK.

._. 

A Tuner. Psychic. Level 3. Same ATK.

Ok, I knew about the psychic and level 3 part. That was originally part of my thing, then I took it out, but then your entry reminded me of that. But I swear the same ATK part wasn't intentional. In any case, I'm sorry if I ticked you off. I wasn't trying to copy yours, and if that is the impression I gave off, I'm not sure how to tell you that's not what I did, because I really wasn't trying to copy yours.

Ok, I knew about the psychic and level 3 part. That was originally part of my thing, then I took it out, but then your entry reminded me of that. But I swear the same ATK part wasn't intentional. In any case, I'm sorry if I ticked you off. I wasn't trying to copy yours, and if that is the impression I gave off, I'm not sure how to tell you that's not what I did, because I really wasn't trying to copy yours.

I'm not ticked off. It just seemed that our cards were pretty similar... Minus the effects.

There is the same idea with E-Tele for a Summon on opponent's turn to get a jump on them and a quick Synchro. I was merely surprised that someone had identical ideas on that specific area. I had played Kozmos, and pre-dark destroyer and support I had used E-Tele with Ghost Ogre often for a field nuke, which gave me the inspiration to make it a Tuner.

Then there was the same levels, although I had picked 3 on purpose because most nowadays run a Level 4 somewhere, and it makes a easy Black Rose or Star Eater with 2 Level 4s. Again, inspired from using E-Tele with Ghost Ogre.

[spoiler=Entry]

LZNDaUq.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be destroyed by battle. If your opponent Pendulum Summon(s) a monster: You can target one of those monsters; take control of it, and if you do, its effects are negated and is unaffected by other card effects until the end of this turn.

I had really complex ideas, so I decided I wanted to make it simple and short.

• Searchable by Tenki
  • Rank 3 fodder
  • Gets DARK support
  • Makes your opponent think twice about Pendulum Summoning

Accepted!

Bump! Today is the last day before deadlines are due (March 1st, 2016 @ 12AM), the following people still need to turn in their submissions:

*Excalibur the Divine

*Reptilious

Once again, any edits or changes must be done within this time period. If you have further questions, PM me. Thank you all for entering, and once again, the best of luck!

Entry:

[spoiler=Pendulum Bomb]

Normal Trap

Choose a number from 1 to 3, increase the Pendulum scales of all Pendulum monsters on the field by this number until the End Phase. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, destroy all Pendulum monsters on the field, then your opponent takes 500 damage for each. You can only activate each effect of "Pendulum Bomb" once per turn. 

Archived