Banlist predictions?

No, I don't mean the terrible SS lock that dies to MST and basically every other card. I mean the unfair, lingering, non-targetting, notn-destruction, quick-play, searchable, recyclable, removal at that invalidates any manner of investment in the game

by that logic we should ban the entire Kajiu archetype.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the hit that takes down both Monarchs AND Kozmo. It makes the most sense.

RotA to 1 was honestly a pretty bad hit, it can come back to 2.

Stormforth can also go to 1, if that is what you are arguing for -_-

Kozmo need to get a DD limit, not a Tele limit. Tele doesn't end game, a 3k untargetting beatstick does 

Look at this way, Dark Destroyer is what makes Call of the Haunted so good, it's what make Teleport game with farm girl, it's the hardest thing for most decks to get over, and now it's suffered it's price drop too. No point hitting Tele with metaphys in TDIL

E-Tele is a silly hit, tbh. It's a strong card that adds consistency to decks like Kozmo and Quantums (and Metalphosis) sure; but it doesn't do anything makes any particularly huge shift in the game. It enables decks to work well under acceptable consistency, but it hasn't warranted any huge problems.

I'm not sure what's going to get hit for Monarchs, tbh. There aren't many cards in that department that really define exactly what makes the deck so unfun powerful. There are some defining examples; notable ones being Idea and Pandeity. But the problem is, Idea is predictable af and very easy to disrupt, and hitting Pandeity basically kills the entire deck. As much as I dislike Monarchs; even I acknowledge that would be unfair for them. Beyond that, to me the problem cards in Monarch are Dominion and Majesty/Vanity. None of those cards promote healthy gamestates (love that loaded statement), removing any of them wouldn't kill the deck's ability, but at the same time it would at least make playing against Monarchs not complete cancer. Regarding Monarchs; I actually trust Konami to make a smarter hit on them than I could. Frickin' don't touch my Quantums, though.

Kozmos; yeah, I definitely would say the problem is Dark Destroyer. Not many decks have access to cards like Magnus, 81, Number C9, or even UTL and suddenly Dark Destroyer becomes a huge chore to deal with. While with Monarchs it's a little more difficult to really nail down what exactly makes the deck broken; Kozmo's it's obviously Dark Destroyer. Having that card be worth $100 on the gray market doesn't really help its case for me, either...

E-Tele is a silly hit, tbh. It's a strong card that adds consistency to decks like Kozmo and Quantums (and Metalphosis) sure; but it doesn't do anything makes any particularly huge shift in the game. It enables decks to work well under acceptable consistency, but it hasn't warranted any huge problems.

I'm not sure what's going to get hit for Monarchs, tbh. There aren't many cards in that department that really define exactly what makes the deck so unfun powerful. There are some defining examples; notable ones being Idea and Pandeity. But the problem is, Idea is predictable af and very easy to disrupt, and hitting Pandeity basically kills the entire deck. As much as I dislike Monarchs; even I acknowledge that would be unfair for them. Beyond that, to me the problem cards in Monarch are Dominion and Majesty/Vanity. None of those cards promote healthy gamestates (love that loaded statement), removing any of them wouldn't kill the deck's ability, but at the same time it would at least make playing against Monarchs not complete cancer. Regarding Monarchs; I actually trust Konami to make a smarter hit on them than I could. Frickin' don't touch my Quantums, though.

Kozmos; yeah, I definitely would say the problem is Dark Destroyer. Not many decks have access to cards like Magnus, 81, Number C9, or even UTL and suddenly Dark Destroyer becomes a huge chore to deal with. While with Monarchs it's a little more difficult to really nail down what exactly makes the deck broken; Kozmo's it's obviously Dark Destroyer. Having that card be worth $100 on the gray market doesn't really help its case for me, either...

Interested why you don't favor a Storm4th limit

Believe it or not, there are ways around Storm4th. I guess it might just be that I've had almost no issues playing around the card to want it limited; because I do happen to know that if a card is immune to Spell effects; it can't be tributed through Storm4th.

Archived