[Finished]Gemini Gladiators!

Draconus297

I'm going to put card judgements in this post, so check back later if your card doesn't appear in this post right now.

Red-Eyes Infernal Dragon

Flavor: 15/25 - While I'm giving you points for the effects working decently well together, you're getting docked flavor points for being unoriginal (2 monsters of the same archetype) and not adhering to the challenge (where did the FIRE come from)?

Playability: 13/15 - This is your strong point. Solid stats so it isn't absolutely helpless during its turn as a Normal monster, and a very usable effect once it does get its Gemini Summon. Strong burn and a mini-nuke . . . Red-Eyes would kill for this. Again, you lose some points here, but that's mostly a nitpick on the retained Gemini and that it's frankly kinda ridiculous on its own . . .

Interaction: 3/10 - . . . but in a Red-Eyes or Felgrand Deck, it's a monstrosity. There are frankly too many ways to Special Summon this thing, so you don't have to wait a turn for its "bow-to-me" Gemini stage, it's searchable, it's spammable, and if it battles period it's 2500 burn. In a vacuum, it's great; in the game as it is, it's a walking nightmare.

31/50 = 62%. Score: D 4th Place

Blazing Chopper

Flavor: 23/25 - I really wanted to give you the full 25. Honestly, I did. I love the idea of this fire grasshopper/mantis, its effect just rewards itself, it's just all kinds of awesome . . . but "Grasschopper" has an ATK value of 2350, not 2300. So close.

Playability: 10/15 - Very solid, on its own. However, relying on the ability of reviving Gemini means you need both Grave setup and a heavy Gemini presence, plus an attack . . . if it does go off, it can end games. However, even in the Gemini-friendly AGM (Deep Sleep, Akkedis, and Inner Demons being somewhat solid, especially if mixed properly), there just aren't many good applications. Plus, 5 is a bit of an ugly Level to work with. I wanted to rate you higher, I really did.

Interaction: 8/10 - No complaints on card interactions, except a lack of valid targets and ways to get said targets.

41/50 = 82% Score: B 2nd Place

Euphotic Dragonray Knight

Flavor: 25/25 - Bravo. Bra-freaking-vo. The name, the combination of effects, the creative use of how said effects work . . . I like it, I really do. You win flavor.

Playability: 13/15 - Very solid. Its average stats pre-Gemini make it so it's very rarely explicitly a bad option, and its Gemini effect lets it just wreck and defend for days. I really, really like it, even though there are better options available for most Decks.

Interaction: 4/10 - GAH. Here's where things go bad. This is a RotA target, works with Salvage, and just occupies too good a niche being both WATER and Warrior-Type, as well as Level 4. Basically, in a slower game, this thing can prevent your opponent from gaining too much advantage, and then when its moment of usefulness is over it's prime material for many solid Synchro and Xyz monsters. I want to rate you higher, I really do. GAH.

42/50 = 84% Score = B 1st Place.

Ancient Pyrewing

Flavor: 21/25 - What. Just . . . what. I'm letting you slide on the technicality that Skelesaurus turns itself into a Dinosaur when it's Gemini Summoned. I'm docking a couple points for it, but it's passing decently well. I also like the troll nature of the card, so you're doing decently well there, but . . . the design basically screams "Why do I exist?!"

Playability: 8/15 - it's a solid option, but I'm docking points here for 3 reasons: 1) it needs to destroy by battle to do its graverobbing, and it has it as a Gemini effect, so it's very, very slow. 2) You're Tributing a Gemini to Summon a Gemini, which means that unless you're stupidly lucky this effect is a minor bump in your advantage 3) some weird wording- unlike Skelesaurus, it's not restricted to the monster it killed, and it's not Summoned in Defense Position. It occupies that weird niche where it's both terrible and amazing, which is why your score is as good as it is.

Interaction: 10/10 - I'm surprised, but this doesn't have any bad interactions, and unlike the above it has a use in reviving other copies of itself. It doesn't break any Deck, nor is it necessarily useless. It's actually very well balanced in this regard. Bravo.

39/50 = 78% Score = C 3rd Place

Guest BGMCANN0N

To be honest, I wasn't expecting this to end well for me...And lo and behold I weighed my risk right.. Perhaps I could have made him a LIGHT Fish-Type for interaction points, but hey perfection can't always be the goal I guess. Thank you to all the others for competing. T'was fun. :)

Archived