as expected, a lot of "Normal Summon in addition . . . ." and such ;-;

okies, i'll make another eff instead

[spoiler=boop boop'']

1znv9qo.png

Ryuujin

WATER/Level 7

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2 Spirit Monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned by sending the above cards you control or in your hand to the Graveyard (You do not use Polymerization.) This card returns to its owner's Extra Deck during the End Phase of the turn it is Special Summoned. Spirit Monster can be Special Summoned, ignoring their Summoning restrictions. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 or more Spirit Monster from your Graveyard to the Deck; Special Summon 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck whose Level equal to or lower than the shuffled monster's total Level (It is treated as being Normal Summoned). Monster Special Summoned this way can attack directly, but halve any battle damage it inflict to your opponent.

2500/2000

[spoiler=history time!'']

Based on the legendary kami of Japanese lore, Great Dragon Deity of the Sea, Owatatsumi/Watatsumi aka Ryuujin. Well, its a pretty straightforward card, spam!!!! The direct attack is intended for Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi and Yamatano Dragon, but i recommend Yamatano Dragon more, since it inflict, free cards, and Xyz's some R7.

Guest BGMCANN0N

[spoiler=boop boop'']

1znv9qo.png

Ryuujin

WATER/Level 7

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2 Spirit Monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned by sending the above cards you control or in your hand to the Graveyard (You do not use Polymerization.) This card returns to its owner's Extra Deck during the End Phase of the turn it is Special Summoned. Spirit Monster can be Special Summoned, ignoring their Summoning restrictions. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 or more Spirit Monster from your Graveyard to the Deck; Special Summon 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck whose Level equal to or lower than the shuffled monster's total Level (It is treated as being Normal Summoned). Monster Special Summoned this way can attack directly, but halve any battle damage it inflict to your opponent.

2500/2000

Based on the legendary kami of Japanese lore, Great Dragon Deity of the Sea, Owatatsumi/Watatsumi aka Ryuujin. Well, its a pretty straightforward card, spam!!!! The direct attack is intended for Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi and Yamatano Dragon, but i recommend Yamatano Dragon more, since it inflict, free cards, and Xyz's some R7.

Wow... The art looks authentic with the Spirit background/ that epic Spirit-esque look of the  primary subject, and you stayed true to Asian/ primarily Japanese mythology theme of the Spirits. :)

[spoiler=boop boop'']

1znv9qo.png

Ryuujin

WATER/Level 7

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2 Spirit Monsters

2500/2000

Good art. I give it a 7/10.

Here's my submission! Kinda dissapointed, cause somebody already took the "normal a spirit w/o tribute" idea I had beforehand, so this'll have to do.

Edit: Tweaked OCG slightly.

[spoiler=Spiritual Reborn]coUkb81.jpg

Target 1 Level 6 or lower Spirit monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, ignoring its summoning conditions, and equip it with this card (this Special Summon is treated as a Normal Summon). If this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster. If this equipped card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add it to your hand. You may only activate 1 "Spiritual Reborn" per turn.

[spoiler=Design Notes]I decided to go with an equip SS from grave, to prevent abusal, and help recycle resources for the Deck. It's design is strictly to prevent abusal w/ tribute summoning some insane spirit monsters (like the one that makes your opponent discard, or you draw 5 cards), while also giving them more variety in their engine. Of course, since it's an Equip, it suffers a lot of the same weaknesses as something like Re-fusion or Premature Burial, but also shares their strengths! And, since they're treated as normals, it allows their effects to trigger! It gives them a constant recycling engine to use, while also being difficult to abuse.

Here's my submission! Kinda dissapointed, cause somebody already took the "normal a spirit w/o tribute" idea I had beforehand, so this'll have to do.

Edit: Tweaked OCG slightly.

[spoiler=Spiritual Reborn]coUkb81.jpg

Target 1 Level 6 or lower Spirit monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, ignoring its summoning conditions, and equip it with this card (this Special Summon is treated as a Normal Summon). If this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster. If this equipped card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add it to your hand. You may only activate 1 "Spiritual Reborn" per turn.

[spoiler=Design Notes]I decided to go with an equip SS from grave, to prevent abusal, and help recycle resources for the Deck. It's design is strictly to prevent abusal w/ tribute summoning some insane spirit monsters (like the one that makes your opponent discard, or you draw 5 cards), while also giving them more variety in their engine. Of course, since it's an Equip, it suffers a lot of the same weaknesses as something like Re-fusion or Premature Burial, but also shares their strengths! And, since they're treated as normals, it allows their effects to trigger! It gives them a constant recycling engine to use, while also being difficult to abuse.

I'm assuming this card doesn't take away your Normal Summon if it is technically a "Special Summon"?

It's simply a Special Summon that's treated LIKE a Normal Summon, it doesn't take away your Normal Summon for the turn.

I'm assuming this card doesn't take away your Normal Summon if it is technically a "Special Summon"?

The key words here being "a Normal Summon", not "your Normal Summon".

Wow... The art looks authentic with the Spirit background/ that epic Spirit-esque look of the  primary subject, and you stayed true to Asian/ primarily Japanese mythology theme of the Spirits. :)

i got the Spirit background when im lurking on old archive stuff this site has, i can give you the link if you want (or re-upload it).

as for the image, it is taken from japanese rpg games artwork render, and i edit it a little with Ps.

But i have an issue regarding the text . . . there's a reason why i put "ignoring Summoning restrictions" text on my card . . . rather than "ignoring its Summoning conditions".

'Cause i think Spirit Monster isn't a Nomi monster, thus, they dont have summoning conditions. Rather, they have restrictions "Cannot be Special Summoned", holding the Spirit Monster back from todays format, kills a lot possibility and interaction to certain cards (like Goblindbergh or Soul Charge and stuff).

What i mean is: Card like Chaos Sorcerer and Judgment Dragon has Summoning conditions (need to banish or having certain cards) while card like The Wicked God (cannot be Special Summoned, same goes with Spirit Monster) doesnt have Summoning conditions but restrictions instead.

Well still, im not sure, just want to help actually soooooo *peace*

EDIT: But but after i look at Ancient Gear Golem and Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem . . . . its getting more and more confusing, lemme ask some ruling expert to clarify it.

Guest BGMCANN0N

i got the Spirit background when im lurking on old archive stuff this site has, i can give you the link if you want (or re-upload it).

as for the image, it is taken from japanese rpg games artwork render, and i edit it a little with Ps.

Actually I would like that~ ♪  A lot ~ ♫

Srry  @Dova if im doing a "derail post" with this, since its important images/background to share publicly regarding Spirit Monster instead of share it individually.

Note: i dont take credits for those images below, credit goes to the original creator/poster and feel free to use it.

[spoiler=Background ver. 1'']

ila7ps.jpg

[spoiler=Background ver. 2'']

qy7iup.jpg

Guest BGMCANN0N

If there's still space and time, I want in!

Chiv, my man we have reached our limit of Entry's for the sake of Dova's sanity. But, I think Dova did say he was interested in having a judge or 2 if that piques your interest.

But i have an issue regarding the text . . . there's a reason why i put "ignoring Summoning restrictions" text on my card . . . rather than "ignoring its Summoning conditions".

'Cause i think Spirit Monster isn't a Nomi monster, thus, they dont have summoning conditions. Rather, they have restrictions "Cannot be Special Summoned", holding the Spirit Monster back from todays format, kills a lot possibility and interaction to certain cards (like Goblindbergh or Soul Charge and stuff).

What i mean is: Card like Chaos Sorcerer and Judgment Dragon has Summoning conditions (need to banish or having certain cards) while card like The Wicked God (cannot be Special Summoned, same goes with Spirit Monster) doesnt have Summoning conditions but restrictions instead.

Well still, im not sure, just want to help actually soooooo *peace*

EDIT: But but after i look at Ancient Gear Golem and Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem . . . . its getting more and more confusing, lemme ask some ruling expert to clarify it.

From what I understand, "Ignoring its summoning conditions" fits under that category. I don't know if there are any official wordings for SSing spirits, but I would assume this would work, because the clause "cannot be Special Summoned" is still a condition of the card. Its not an effect, its a mechanic of the card itself. So when it refers to "condition", it means the requirements in order for the card to be summoned. I don't think the OCG would be wrong using the wording noted above, but that's perceptive of you. Didn't even question the legitimacy of that phrase until you brought it up!

Chiv, my man we have reached our limit of Entry's for the sake of Dova's sanity. But, I think Dova did say he was interested in having a judge or 2 if that piques your interest.

Thanks for letting me know so fast! I would if I knew how. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience with judging. Good luck to all contestants, though!

Thanks for letting me know so fast! I would if I knew how. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience with judging. Good luck to all contestants, though!

Well, Egmoedeus did say he was interested in being a judge if there were more contestants, so I'll message you if there's a free sport.

Entry!

pvoMY5Y.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Spirit Monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. When this card is activated, or during your Standby Phase, apply 1 of these effects. *You can Normal Summon Spirit Monsters with 1 less Tribute this turn. *You can Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

A Field Spell designed to solve most of the Spirit troubles. However, having both at once might have disastrous results, but locking the player into one mode reduces flexibility. So you get to choose between the additional NS or the reduced Tribute conditions each Standby Phase and the moment you activate the card.

[spoiler=Entry]

7NgITlP.jpg?1

[spoiler=Lore]This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the next turn after this card's activation. Both players can Normal Summon Spirit monsters with one less tribute. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 Spirit monster on the field; that monster does not have to have its effect that returns it to the hand activated until the End Phase of the next turn.

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. If this card is face-up in your Extra Deck: You can banish 1 Spirit monster from your Graveyard; add this card to your hand.

[spoiler=Flavor Notes]

• Based off of Kojin, the god of fire, the hearth, and the kitchen. (FIRE, Fairy.)
  • Sometimes referred to as Sanbo-Kojin. (name)
  • Represents violent forces that are controlled to help humankind.
  • Unlike Kagutsuchi, its effect focuses on Spirit Decks' improvement rather than putting the opponent at a disadvantage by giving its monsters an explosive buff.
  • I felt it was risky to make a Spirit Pendulum, but it seemed necessary to really speed up the plays of Spirit monsters in order to be a more competitive Deck.

• Searchable by Aratama.
  • Works well with Nigitama.
  • Enables a fluent flow leading to the summon of Kagutsuchi and Yamata Dragon.
  • Keeps said Spirit monster bosses on the field for field presence.
  • Gives a chance for a "Pure Spirit" deck.

Archived