[Finished]Dova's Competitions #3: Spirit Support [Finished]

Dova

Ermanu of the Spirits

EARTH, Level 4

Warrior/Spirit/Effect

1600/800

This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Summoned or flipped face-up. During your Main Phase 1: You can Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster in addition to your usual Normal Summon/Set. You can only use this effect of "Ermanu of the Spirits" once per turn.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ermanu of the Spirits

EARTH, Level 4

Warrior/Spirit/Effect

1600/800

This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Summoned or flipped face-up. During your Main Phase 1: You can Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster in addition to your usual Normal Summon/Set. You can only use this effect of "Ermanu of the Spirits" once per turn.

You do realize that we already have a double Normal Summon Spirit in the game, right?

niki.jpg

No, because I don't really keep track of Spirits and time is an issue. >>

I don't really keep track of Spirits

keep track

Spirits

There are only 24 total, with Nikitama itself being the most recently released even though it came out over 2 years ago. In all fairness pal it took me 2 minutes to find this information you could've done it too.

There are only 24 total, with Nikitama itself being the most recently released even though it came out over 2 years ago. In all fairness pal it took me 2 minutes to find this information you could've done it too.

True, yet I don't exactly expect to place here after all the other cards that were submitted. I made what I made given the idea and stack of other work I had, so let the dice roll.

True, yet I don't exactly expect to place here after all the other cards that were submitted. I made what I made given the idea and stack of other work I had, so let the dice roll.

Also, its not the worst idea to have another generic Lvl. 4 Spirit that can gain an additional normal for the turn. Helps the deck put out more threats on-field more consistently. However, it can be SS'd, so...

Also, its not the worst idea to have another generic Lvl. 4 Spirit that can gain an additional normal for the turn. Helps the deck put out more threats on-field more consistently. However, it can be SS'd, so...

There is precedent though, granted it's on one of the bosses, but still. I wouldn't have done it if there wasn't precedent. Anyway, I'm not sure Dova appreciates all this talk about my card. >>

Here are your scores!

[spoiler=Dova's Reviews][spoiler=Enguin][spoiler=Card]Rb50FAi.jpg

Spirit monsters do not have to activate their effects that return them to the hand at the End Phase. If a Spirit monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can return it to the hand instead. While you control a Spirit monster and your opponent does not, your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters. If this card leaves the field: return all Spirit monsters you control to the hand, then you can add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Balance/Usability: 27

First effect is simple, but at the same time it’s basically just a buffed version of that main “Spiritual Energy Settle Machine”. Overpowered? Nah, I never really saw the reason for the cost on said card, considering Spirits aren’t anywhere near Meta. However, this card has even MORE effects, so let’s see where else this goes. So basically it has a buffed Kozmotown effect, which works even when it is activated or returned to the hand (COINCIDENCE?!) but doesn’t search itself, so works out, but the second last effect is the thing I am worried about. Rather than Dominion, it prevents SSing period, and with this card Spirits get to stay out pretty well. Fortunately Spirit’s “protection” is merely keeping them from returning to the hand, so rather easy to pop.

Creativity/Flavour: 11

Yes, this card is exactly what Spirits want, but the effect, as said in your “bonus banter” is basically just other cards’ effects thrown together. Nothing exactly new and original, however the effects themselves are more spirit related, so there’s that.

OCG/Grammar: 5

:3

[spoiler=Chivalry][spoiler=Card]7NgITlP.jpg

Monster Effect - This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the next turn after this card's activation. Both players can Normal Summon Spirit monsters with one less tribute. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 Spirit monster on the field; that monster does not have to have its effect that returns it to the hand activated until the End Phase of the next turn.

Pendulum Effect - This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. If this card is face-up in your Extra Deck: You can banish 1 Spirit monster from your Graveyard; add this card to your hand.

Balance/Usability: 24

Pendulum activating effect is really neat, with a good scale, and Spiritish effect for itself (although it does return during your opponent’s turn). Allows you to keep that one powerful spirit monster, which you are able to get out thankfully with the -1 tributing effect. Monster effect is….eh...I mean, I get that you wanted to focus on the Pend effect, but this guy is never gonna see play unless you HAVE to summon him for Tribute and/or R4, even though that adding to hand from face-up on the ED works wonders.

Creativity/Flavour: 14

Interesting Pendulum effect, and focuses more on that. In fact, whole idea of Spirit Pend is great, and that reference was nicely done.

[spoiler=Kinka-Byo][spoiler=Card]0b2yjG7.jpg

Once per turn, if you have 2 or more Spirit Monsters in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Spirit Monster in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand, and if you do, you can immediately Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position or face-up Defense Position. If a Spirit Monster Normal Summoned by this card's effect would return to the hand, it is sent to the Graveyard, instead. You can only control 1 "Spiritual Binding Zone".

Balance/Usability: 22

So, if you managed to get good field presence with these guys (somehow) then you get to basically Normal Summon a Spirit from your Graveyard/Add then from Normal Summon from your hand? To be honest, it feels a bit lackluster, and, although I feel the deck works well with it, I get the impressions so much more could’ve been done with it. I mean, the last effect is somewhat useful with the card effect itself, but I wish it was optional, considering it’s not too strong for it to being with, and the limitation on how many you can have out.

Creativity/Flavour: 13

Very original effect, a nice new addition to their ranks. Simple yet effective.

[spoiler=Tythe][spoiler=Card]Lost Song Hypnotist

LIGHT *****

Spellcaster/Spirit/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; switch control of this monster and that target.

100/2600

Basically, a Tribute Summon, then swap, then it goes back to your hand if you don’t attack it. To be honest, it seems a rather powerful, considering it has no OPT and, yes, sadly, the fact it returns to the hand makes it all the more powerful. You set this in basically any deck by tributing a monster(s) and your opponent most likely is gonna lose one of their monsters, even if this card would be destroyed, and you get to keep that monster basically forever

Creativity/Flavour: 10

Generic and basic effect, not bad, just….lacking anything particularly striking or interesting.

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS][spoiler=Card]pvoMY5Y.jpg

If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Spirit Monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. When this card is activated, or during your Standby Phase, apply 1 of these effects.

*You can Normal Summon Spirit Monsters with 1 less Tribute this turn.

*You can Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Balance/Usability: 23

First effect is a weaker Kozmotown, but again, recycling is useful, but tis’ a shame they fill up your hand so fast. The second effect is...well done, to say the least. I get to choose what to do: either Tribute Summon more easily or Normal Summon again! This is nice, but...the Spirit monster still go to my hand. Not saying that was required AT ALL, but the spamminess just sets up for open fields or Xyz plays, so favouring your OTKs, but not that much, considering only a small buff. I wish it had been both, because I feel it wouldn’t have been too much...but this works too.

Creativity/Flavour: 12

Rather generic, but the effect having a choice really gives more freedom as opposed to just having one, so that makes it more interesting.

Effect at the end is a weird choice, but written well anyway.

[spoiler=XOXO][spoiler=Card]Doorway to Limbo

Field Spell Card

During the End Phase: Send all Normal Summoned monsters back to the hand. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Spirit monster from your Graveyard ignoring it's summoning conditions, if you do, return it to your hand during the End Phase. (It is treated as if it was Normal Summoned). When your opponent declares an attack, you can discard 1 Spirit Monster; Negate the attack and negate that monsters effects. You can Banish this card from your Graveyard: Immediately Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster from your hand.

Balance/Usability: 21

Unsure how I feel about no OPT on the last two effects, but I guess they’re not too powerful when taken with the lack of support Spirits have currently. Allows for hand and Graveyard play which is actually pretty neat, and also hates on OTKs or just plain attacks in general, considering you won’t have a field to block them. Last effect is pretty cool, but again, OPT might’ve been needed. It’s a weird mishmash of OP and UP, but all in all, I’d say that underpowered tips the scales too much their way.

Real mishmash of effects, but creates an interesting card, and I would be really eager to see the art of this card, because the name/effect work well together.

OCG/Grammar: 3

Colon issues in every effect except the first, some capitalization issues, and “send” in the first effect should probably be “return”. Second effect is unnecessarily complicated.

[spoiler=Striker][spoiler=Card]Ermanu of the Spirits

EARTH, Level 4

Warrior/Spirit/Effect

1600/800

Balance/Usability: 25

Well, as said, this card is basically a slightly more powerful version of another Spirit which has the same effect. What buffs has this card got? Well, for one, it can be SSed, which is rather unique among Spirit monsters (except for one other card) and it has more ATK, which is more useful when you want to Normal Summon it. Other than the fact that it is Level 4, there is really not much more to say, other than it can combo well with said similar card, because it is so similar.

Creativity/Flavour: 7

Really sorry to do this, because you were apparently unaware of the card, but it is almost literally a carbon copy of said similar card. Also, it can be Special Summoned, which didn’t really seem to fit in the theme with it, but makes a nice change.

[spoiler=ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ][spoiler=Card]1znv9qo.png

Ryuujin

WATER/Level 7

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2 Spirit Monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned by sending the above cards you control or in your hand to the Graveyard (You do not use Polymerization.) This card returns to its owner's Extra Deck during the End Phase of the turn it is Special Summoned. Spirit Monster can be Special Summoned, ignoring their Summoning restrictions. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 or more Spirit Monster from your Graveyard to the Deck; Special Summon 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck whose Level equal to or lower than the shuffled monster's total Level (It is treated as being Normal Summoned). Monster Special Summoned this way can attack directly, but halve any battle damage it inflict to your opponent.

2500/2000

Finally, Spirit Fusion for Spirits (that’s what I call that Contact Fusion

Creativity/Flavour: 15

Byootiful. This is so original it’s screaming new archetype all for itself, and the effect is very interesting. (also 2500/2000)

OCG/Grammar: 4

Some Caps issues and “Monster” instead of “Monsters”.

[spoiler=Zanda Panda][spoiler=Card]HYAUtdO.png?1

Oni Samurai

Rank 4 / DARK

Zombie / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 4 Monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand, then your opponent destroys 1 card they control. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 2 monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field.

2400 / 0

This card is so Generic, it...I can’t think of a simile here. Anyhow, basically it allows for spirit searching spam. That is actually pretty neat, considering it has no special requirements for its mats, so you can Summon it without just using Spirits or something like that, however, I really REALLY wish it had a detach effect, even with the free destruction from your opponent. I mean, it just...does nothing with its mats. So, all in all, it just is a searcher, and does nothing else for the subtype, which I find is rather UP. No OPT, but even that doesn’t give it the buff it needs, considering it banishes itself and it can only add monsters which can’t be Special Summoned.

Interesting take on a Generic Xyz, and the effect/idea is original, but...not really flavourful.

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami][spoiler=Card]GzTe0un.jpg

Balance/Usability: 20

The card has a bunch of very useful effects, which together are extremely powerful, however they are nerfed a lot by that first simple effect. Any form of an exploit of this card is immediately gotten rid of by the lack of SSing. In fact, the counters going on this card are so slow that you barely get much protection from the second effect considering how much Summoning you would have to do to get those cards out in the first place. However, the Normal Summoning during your opponent’s turn is actually rather useful, allowing you to Summon a monster without your opponent knowing what it is and/or to counter an attempt to get rid one of your monsters.

You have your basic Spirit stuff, but some interesting takes on it, taking it further than what the normal ones would be.

Section in brackets is not required due to the type of effect, but still works.

[spoiler=Fluffyfish][spoiler=Card]cauWMPN.jpg

Spell/Field

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn). Once per turn, if a Spirit monster you control would return to the hand by its own effect: You can send it to the Graveyard instead, and if you do, add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand. At the start of your opponent's Battle Phase, if you control no monsters: You can reveal 1 Spirit monster in your hand; halve all battle damage you take this turn.

This card has your basic effect as the first part of it, but the rest of it is certainly stuff like Spirit would need, for example, battle protection is very much required if your Spirit monsters aren’t going to have field presence, and although halving battle damage might not seem like much, it REALLY hates on OTKs, and to be honest if it was more generic it would probably be overpowered. The sending to Grave for a search is an interesting idea, that actually does help the Subtype, but....you cannot really Summon them from the Graveyard. Yes, Yamato, but other than there’s not really and advantage to that, although to be fair Yamato is great.

This is much different to the other kinds of Spirit supports there are, as said, but you have your basics as well. To be honest, I want to rate this higher, but I don’t really see the flavour here, although what you do have is extremely clever and original.

[spoiler=Yugster Major][spoiler=Card]coUkb81.jpg

Target 1 Level 6 or lower Spirit monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, ignoring its summoning conditions, and equip it with this card (this Special Summon is treated as a Normal Summon). If this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster. If this equipped card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add it to your hand. You may only activate 1 "Spiritual Reborn" per turn.

Spirits always missed out on CotH and now you can do that! It also allows you to return the equipped monster to your hand at the end phase, which is kinda eh for me really. I would rather keep the Spirit monster on the field, especially since it is reliant on the equip to survive. The returning to the hand would’ve been OP, but you saw to that with your OPT at the end, which doesn’t limit the effects itself, but limits activation, which is neat. To be honest, it would be on the fair side if it weren’t for the fact that you didn’t prevent the Spirit from returning to your hand.

Equip for Spirits, except this is more of a Painful Rebirth than an actual equip, which is a nice touch. Other than that, you have your basics, but the main idea is a simple yet brilliant one.

[spoiler=Totals]1. Enguin - 43

1. Chivalry - 43

3. Yugster Major - 41

4. Kinka-Byo - 40

4. Trebuchet MS - 40

4. ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ - 40

4. Fluffyfish - 40

8. Zanda Panda - 39

9. Yuuji Kazami - 38

10. Tythe - 37

10. XOXO (not really) - 37

10. Striker - 37

Totals are temp until Egmoedeus is finished.

Well done to all the competitors!

So many ties for fourth place rip.

Sweet, 3rd Place in your reviews, thanks Dova! Looking forward to the final results, although I'm surprised I got docked for the lack of a returning prevention (didn't include it, since, it's kinda already powerful to summon spirits to blow up backrow or monsters from grave, and having the options to have it stay so you can summon it next turn if it dies is a little overkill).

Here are your scores!

[spoiler=Dova's Reviews][spoiler=Enguin][spoiler=Card]Rb50FAi.jpg

Spirit monsters do not have to activate their effects that return them to the hand at the End Phase. If a Spirit monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can return it to the hand instead. While you control a Spirit monster and your opponent does not, your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters. If this card leaves the field: return all Spirit monsters you control to the hand, then you can add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Balance/Usability: 27

First effect is simple, but at the same time it’s basically just a buffed version of that main “Spiritual Energy Settle Machine”. Overpowered? Nah, I never really saw the reason for the cost on said card, considering Spirits aren’t anywhere near Meta. However, this card has even MORE effects, so let’s see where else this goes. So basically it has a buffed Kozmotown effect, which works even when it is activated or returned to the hand (COINCIDENCE?!) but doesn’t search itself, so works out, but the second last effect is the thing I am worried about. Rather than Dominion, it prevents SSing period, and with this card Spirits get to stay out pretty well. Fortunately Spirit’s “protection” is merely keeping them from returning to the hand, so rather easy to pop.

Creativity/Flavour: 11

Yes, this card is exactly what Spirits want, but the effect, as said in your “bonus banter” is basically just other cards’ effects thrown together. Nothing exactly new and original, however the effects themselves are more spirit related, so there’s that.

[spoiler=Chivalry][spoiler=Card]7NgITlP.jpg

Monster Effect - This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the next turn after this card's activation. Both players can Normal Summon Spirit monsters with one less tribute. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 Spirit monster on the field; that monster does not have to have its effect that returns it to the hand activated until the End Phase of the next turn.

Pendulum Effect - This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. If this card is face-up in your Extra Deck: You can banish 1 Spirit monster from your Graveyard; add this card to your hand.

Pendulum activating effect is really neat, with a good scale, and Spiritish effect for itself (although it does return during your opponent’s turn). Allows you to keep that one powerful spirit monster, which you are able to get out thankfully with the -1 tributing effect. Monster effect is….eh...I mean, I get that you wanted to focus on the Pend effect, but this guy is never gonna see play unless you HAVE to summon him for Tribute and/or R4, even though that adding to hand from face-up on the ED works wonders.

Creativity/Flavour: 14

Interesting Pendulum effect, and focuses more on that. In fact, whole idea of Spirit Pend is great, and that reference was nicely done.

[spoiler=Kinka-Byo][spoiler=Card]0b2yjG7.jpg

Once per turn, if you have 2 or more Spirit Monsters in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Spirit Monster in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand, and if you do, you can immediately Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position or face-up Defense Position. If a Spirit Monster Normal Summoned by this card's effect would return to the hand, it is sent to the Graveyard, instead. You can only control 1 "Spiritual Binding Zone".

So, if you managed to get good field presence with these guys (somehow) then you get to basically Normal Summon a Spirit from your Graveyard/Add then from Normal Summon from your hand? To be honest, it feels a bit lackluster, and, although I feel the deck works well with it, I get the impressions so much more could’ve been done with it. I mean, the last effect is somewhat useful with the card effect itself, but I wish it was optional, considering it’s not too strong for it to being with, and the limitation on how many you can have out.

Very original effect, a nice new addition to their ranks. Simple yet effective.

[spoiler=Tythe][spoiler=Card]Lost Song Hypnotist

LIGHT *****

Spellcaster/Spirit/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; switch control of this monster and that target.

100/2600

Basically, a Tribute Summon, then swap, then it goes back to your hand if you don’t attack it. To be honest, it seems a rather powerful, considering it has no OPT and, yes, sadly, the fact it returns to the hand makes it all the more powerful. You set this in basically any deck by tributing a monster(s) and your opponent most likely is gonna lose one of their monsters, even if this card would be destroyed, and you get to keep that monster basically forever

Creativity/Flavour: 10

Generic and basic effect, not bad, just….lacking anything particularly striking or interesting.

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS][spoiler=Card]pvoMY5Y.jpg

If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Spirit Monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. When this card is activated, or during your Standby Phase, apply 1 of these effects.

*You can Normal Summon Spirit Monsters with 1 less Tribute this turn.

*You can Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Balance/Usability: 23

First effect is a weaker Kozmotown, but again, recycling is useful, but tis’ a shame they fill up your hand so fast. The second effect is...well done, to say the least. I get to choose what to do: either Tribute Summon more easily or Normal Summon again! This is nice, but...the Spirit monster still go to my hand. Not saying that was required AT ALL, but the spamminess just sets up for open fields or Xyz plays, so favouring your OTKs, but not that much, considering only a small buff. I wish it had been both, because I feel it wouldn’t have been too much...but this works too.

Creativity/Flavour: 12

Rather generic, but the effect having a choice really gives more freedom as opposed to just having one, so that makes it more interesting.

Effect at the end is a weird choice, but written well anyway.

[spoiler=XOXO][spoiler=Card]Doorway to Limbo

Field Spell Card

During the End Phase: Send all Normal Summoned monsters back to the hand. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Spirit monster from your Graveyard ignoring it's summoning conditions, if you do, return it to your hand during the End Phase. (It is treated as if it was Normal Summoned). When your opponent declares an attack, you can discard 1 Spirit Monster; Negate the attack and negate that monsters effects. You can Banish this card from your Graveyard: Immediately Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster from your hand.

Unsure how I feel about no OPT on the last two effects, but I guess they’re not too powerful when taken with the lack of support Spirits have currently. Allows for hand and Graveyard play which is actually pretty neat, and also hates on OTKs or just plain attacks in general, considering you won’t have a field to block them. Last effect is pretty cool, but again, OPT might’ve been needed. It’s a weird mishmash of OP and UP, but all in all, I’d say that underpowered tips the scales too much their way.

Real mishmash of effects, but creates an interesting card, and I would be really eager to see the art of this card, because the name/effect work well together.

OCG/Grammar: 3

Colon issues in every effect except the first, some capitalization issues, and “send” in the first effect should probably be “return”. Second effect is unnecessarily complicated.

[spoiler=Striker][spoiler=Card]Ermanu of the Spirits

EARTH, Level 4

Warrior/Spirit/Effect

1600/800

Balance/Usability: 25

Well, as said, this card is basically a slightly more powerful version of another Spirit which has the same effect. What buffs has this card got? Well, for one, it can be SSed, which is rather unique among Spirit monsters (except for one other card) and it has more ATK, which is more useful when you want to Normal Summon it. Other than the fact that it is Level 4, there is really not much more to say, other than it can combo well with said similar card, because it is so similar.

Creativity/Flavour: 7

Really sorry to do this, because you were apparently unaware of the card, but it is almost literally a carbon copy of said similar card. Also, it can be Special Summoned, which didn’t really seem to fit in the theme with it, but makes a nice change.

[spoiler=ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ][spoiler=Card]1znv9qo.png

Ryuujin

WATER/Level 7

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2 Spirit Monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned by sending the above cards you control or in your hand to the Graveyard (You do not use Polymerization.) This card returns to its owner's Extra Deck during the End Phase of the turn it is Special Summoned. Spirit Monster can be Special Summoned, ignoring their Summoning restrictions. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 or more Spirit Monster from your Graveyard to the Deck; Special Summon 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck whose Level equal to or lower than the shuffled monster's total Level (It is treated as being Normal Summoned). Monster Special Summoned this way can attack directly, but halve any battle damage it inflict to your opponent.

2500/2000

Finally, Spirit Fusion for Spirits (that’s what I call that Contact Fusion <3 ) ! The Special Summoning allowing is a neat addition that you don’t see much of in Spirit support, and the shuffle effect really helps speed it up, especially with the monsters you can Summon’s effects. The addition to the end feels kinda tacked on, but Yamata Dragon says hi, making it very worthwhile...or maybe too worthwhile? I dunno, but with all of these things put together it seems a little OP. I mean, talk about spamming, especially now you can CotH.

Creativity/Flavour: 15

Byootiful. This is so original it’s screaming new archetype all for itself, and the effect is very interesting. (also 2500/2000)

OCG/Grammar: 4

Some Caps issues and “Monster” instead of “Monsters”.

[spoiler=Zanda Panda][spoiler=Card]HYAUtdO.png?1

Oni Samurai

Rank 4 / DARK

Zombie / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 4 Monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand, then your opponent destroys 1 card they control. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 2 monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field.

2400 / 0

This card is so Generic, it...I can’t think of a simile here. Anyhow, basically it allows for spirit searching spam. That is actually pretty neat, considering it has no special requirements for its mats, so you can Summon it without just using Spirits or something like that, however, I really REALLY wish it had a detach effect, even with the free destruction from your opponent. I mean, it just...does nothing with its mats. So, all in all, it just is a searcher, and does nothing else for the subtype, which I find is rather UP. No OPT, but even that doesn’t give it the buff it needs, considering it banishes itself and it can only add monsters which can’t be Special Summoned.

Interesting take on a Generic Xyz, and the effect/idea is original, but...not really flavourful.

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami][spoiler=Card]GzTe0un.jpg

Balance/Usability: 20

The card has a bunch of very useful effects, which together are extremely powerful, however they are nerfed a lot by that first simple effect. Any form of an exploit of this card is immediately gotten rid of by the lack of SSing. In fact, the counters going on this card are so slow that you barely get much protection from the second effect considering how much Summoning you would have to do to get those cards out in the first place. However, the Normal Summoning during your opponent’s turn is actually rather useful, allowing you to Summon a monster without your opponent knowing what it is and/or to counter an attempt to get rid one of your monsters.

You have your basic Spirit stuff, but some interesting takes on it, taking it further than what the normal ones would be.

Section in brackets is not required due to the type of effect, but still works.

[spoiler=Fluffyfish][spoiler=Card]cauWMPN.jpg

Spell/Field

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn). Once per turn, if a Spirit monster you control would return to the hand by its own effect: You can send it to the Graveyard instead, and if you do, add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand. At the start of your opponent's Battle Phase, if you control no monsters: You can reveal 1 Spirit monster in your hand; halve all battle damage you take this turn.

This card has your basic effect as the first part of it, but the rest of it is certainly stuff like Spirit would need, for example, battle protection is very much required if your Spirit monsters aren’t going to have field presence, and although halving battle damage might not seem like much, it REALLY hates on OTKs, and to be honest if it was more generic it would probably be overpowered. The sending to Grave for a search is an interesting idea, that actually does help the Subtype, but....you cannot really Summon them from the Graveyard. Yes, Yamato, but other than there’s not really and advantage to that, although to be fair Yamato is great.

This is much different to the other kinds of Spirit supports there are, as said, but you have your basics as well. To be honest, I want to rate this higher, but I don’t really see the flavour here, although what you do have is extremely clever and original.

[spoiler=Yugster Major][spoiler=Card]coUkb81.jpg

Target 1 Level 6 or lower Spirit monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, ignoring its summoning conditions, and equip it with this card (this Special Summon is treated as a Normal Summon). If this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster. If this equipped card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add it to your hand. You may only activate 1 "Spiritual Reborn" per turn.

Spirits always missed out on CotH and now you can do that! It also allows you to return the equipped monster to your hand at the end phase, which is kinda eh for me really. I would rather keep the Spirit monster on the field, especially since it is reliant on the equip to survive. The returning to the hand would’ve been OP, but you saw to that with your OPT at the end, which doesn’t limit the effects itself, but limits activation, which is neat. To be honest, it would be on the fair side if it weren’t for the fact that you didn’t prevent the Spirit from returning to your hand.

Equip for Spirits, except this is more of a Painful Rebirth than an actual equip, which is a nice touch. Other than that, you have your basics, but the main idea is a simple yet brilliant one.

[spoiler=Totals]1. Enguin - 43

1. Chivalry - 43

3. Yugster Major - 41

4. Kinka-Byo - 40

4. Trebuchet MS - 40

4. ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ - 40

4. Fluffyfish - 40

8. Zanda Panda - 39

9. Yuuji Kazami - 38

10. Tythe - 37

10. XOXO (not really) - 37

10. Striker - 37

Totals are temp until Egmoedeus is finished.

Well done to all the competitors!

So many ties for fourth place rip.

GG. Got wrecked in two competitions in a row. ;_;

Well, I actually didn't have too much hope for this one, so I guess that I shouldn't be surprised...

Guest BGMCANN0N

K... Now my end is up~ Thank you guys for your patience with, and thank you all for your contribution to competing. Dova and I will come up with a more appropriate total within due time. Sorry it took a little long on my part.

[spoiler=Egmoedeus Judging]

[spoiler=Tythe - Long Song Hypnotist]

Usability/Balance- 25/30 Usability wise in respect to Spirit Decks of various kinds this guy requires the Nikitama/ Treeborn Frog/ Stormforth/ Heroic Challenger- Thousand Blades/Battle Fader quite a bit with that needy 1 Tribute thing. Worst case scenario he could be dead at times if you don't get your tribute engine established. His effect is pretty nifty though as it does the infamous Spirit/ Creature Swap combo with the potential to use up 1 less card (if you have Treeborn/ Heroic Challenger-Thousand Blades up and running.), and it gives you the option to grab what you want rather than being subjected to your opponent choosing for you. Balance wise this guy is in the good as you need a tribute to get him out, and his effect requires to some targeting so he is circumvented by quite a handful of things.

Creativity/Flavor- 10/15 I am not quite sure what it is inspired by other than from its effect being the
"Creature Swap/Spirit" combo (which I am lightly docking you on only because I know the combo all too well).

OCG - 5/5 No problems here, you are good to go.

[spoiler=Enguin - The Spirit Realm]

Usability/Balance- 15/30 I get the idea of the effect: fight Spirits main weakness being their lack of field presence, and overcome faster Decks in the process. It may do it too well to some extent though it is essentially a Field Spell version of Vanity's Emptiness with Terraforming as an enabler.. And Spirits can get some pretty high ATK monsters (thanks to Yashka, and the likes) that your opponent will most likely have a very hard time getting over since the field gives you the option to preserve the presence of the Spirit monster on the field... It just seems like an unhealthy design for a card.

Creativity/Flavor- 11/15 The art has an otherwordly nature that one could assess that this would pertain to Spirits. The name is a tad bit bland, but not enough were I want to eviscerate your Creativity/Flavor Score; at least it fits. As for the effect... I know I've seen Konami attempt the some aspects of this card's effect before: Spiritual Energy Settling Machine. While their version is more counter-intuitive, and less searchable... From my stand point, I think you made it distinguishable enough from Settling Machine enough to where I can give you some props for you banter. But, only a little bit because it doesn't introduce anything new really.

OCG- 4/5 1 capital via colon ": return all Spirit monsters..."

[spoiler=Kitty w/ Bow - Spiritual Binding Zone]

Usability/ Balance- 20/30  While the objective of this thing is admirable in that it can replenish resources that maybe lost (such as Nikitama as you mentioned). The requirement of needing 2 Spirits in the Graveyard can make this hard to use early game, and it could a dead card for awhile. But, once you do get it started... It offers protection on your opponents turn. And it recycles Nikitama's on your turn, which could make a pretty good tributing engine for those Level 5 or higher Spirit monsters. It doesn't seem it can be abused considering how much restrictions it has on it... So I will pat your hypothetical back by giving you some points there.

Creativity/ Flavor- 9/15 It may be unintentional, but the art on it sort of screams more of that Earthbound Immortal look than Spirts. Card effect wise: I know a lot of people felt subject to use the additional Normal Summon thing (I did it too before I took on judging)... I kind of felt like you could have added more to this somehow to make it more distinguishable. I mean at least you it isn't exactly like Ultimate Offering, and that you can Normal Summon in face-up Defense Position.

OCG- 5/5 Frisked you for any concealed weaponry of grammatical mistakes... No guns, no knives, no grenades. You are good to go. Have a nice day. :)

[spoiler=Zanda Panda - Oni Samurai]Usability/ Balance- 19/30 This guy is 1 weird specimen among XYZ's... As he doesn't detach to pull off any sort of effect which makes him less usable for say... Nigitama plays for the common Spirit Deck engine. But, his effect is pretty strong: that add a Spirit and pop effect is nothing to scoff at... The problem is that he does have Artifact Moralltach Syndrome in that you can use Call of the Haunted, or things like it to stop pivotal plays(and add stuff) once you manage to get him out, and into the Grave. With that in mind people might not even use this guy for a pure Spirit deck, and rather just tech a few Spirits and at least 1 of Oni. His effect isn't even a hard once per turn which presents some potential red flags despite him being an Extra Deck monster (I mean think about it... This guy is also a Zombie which is one of the most Graveyard spamming Types in the game).

Creativity/ Flavor- 13/15 Oni galvanizes my interest though... He definitely lives up to his relentless look with his effect.
And I get that Oni's are demons/ spirits in Japanese mythology which follows the motif of what Spirits are in Yugioh. The
only little caveat I have is that you changed him from a cool Typing being Fire Zombie to... The meh Dark Zombie typing from his lore below the card. He best represents via his fiery feel.

OCG- 5/5 You're good~

[spoiler= Yuuji Kazami- Spirit Utopia, Soul Society]

Balance/ Usability- 13/30 Not being able to Special Summon is pretty harsh considering Nigitama offers potential XYZ plays. This part could be problematic in situations where you need an out in the long run, but I guess is kind of understandable in that some Spirits are solid answers to a lot of things, and this thing offers protection. The additional Normal Summon thing is a pretty standard means to produce numbers on the field. The Counter protection thing is nifty if you want to keep some of the bigger Spirits that wouldn't mind being on the field a little bit longer.

As for the balance part I don't like the add per End Phase, but I guess the Special Summon thing mitigates it little a bit (not much though). Also, the counters are almost a bit too easy to stack considering you are doing what Spirits are starting to get really good at, and this thing further facilitates that with the additional Normal Summon bit... On top of all of this, it can protect itself from destruction, which will put your opponent in the position where ideally they need to remove this thing by much rarer removal methods like shuffling, and banishing. While, yes, Castel is a thing... Your opponent isn't always going to have the means to dispose of this, and if they can't get rid of it... They more often than not are in a struggling position to try and keep up with your building numbers, and preservable field presence. Lastly, with that Normal Summon your opponent's turn... You can pretty much steal games with Stormforth of the Monarchs. With all that this thing can do... It will have the propensity to be imbalanced in several scenarios.

Creativity/ Flavour- 11/15 The serene feel of this timeless looking environment kind has has a Spirit-esque feel to it... And if you were to look closely at the background of all the Spirt cards: you can sort of see the pattern on this island thing. Effect wise the protection part is pretty unique in terms of the counters. The additional Normal Summon thing is a little cliche now (I was guilty of doing it too, so I get it), but at the very least you offered a bit of variation to this thing.

OCG- 4/5 1 Missed Capital by a colon " : place 1 Spirit Counter"

[spoiler=XOXO(not really) - Doorway to Limbo]

Balance/ Usability- 24/30 Being a Field it has that Terraforming as an enabler so it is good there... That first effect is a pretty mean(yet funny) floodgate, but the good thing about it is that is circumventable in that a lot of things tend to Special Summon now a days, and sometimes somethings outside of Spirits can recycle there effect off this (like Manju). The Special Summon from grave effect is pretty cool to cycle much needed Nikitamas for some good old fashion Level 5 or highers, or even XYZ plays... And you could tech Trade-Ins for Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi to get him out with that effect. So this effect can be pretty useful for some power plays... Oh and it has that negate attack.... And Effect?! by discarding Spirits... Hmmm.... I will take this as a double edge sword cause your opponent could be real smart and pop this card right after you use this effect a few times, which essentially would make you minus badly. The last effect is good if I it is what I think it is (an additional Normal Summon?)... Cause if this somehow went got nailed by your opponent, and you at least retained an Aratama... You have the potential of recovery. Balance wise I don't see anything too big of an issue.

Creativity and Flavor - 13/15 The effect is pretty interesting I must say... I haven't seen a Field Spell that forces Normal Summons back into the hand, and it does have that nuisance feel to it with the attack negations, and Special Summoning your resources effect. Wouldn't have thought about breaking Spirits Summoning condition. It managed to break out of that additional Normal Summon trend for the most part. The name seems kind of off though in my opinion... It feels more like a Gateway with the attack negations.

OCG - 4/5 Some weird bits here which got me to do a little more research... (That isn't what I am docking you on though XD) The first effect... You don't really "Send" things back to the hand: Rather you "return" things to the hand.

[spoiler=FluffyFish - Shrine of Spirits]

Balance and Usability- 28/30 Field Spell + Terraforming = Consistency?  Additional Normal Summon to help out Spirits? This search effect during the End Phase has some cool usage... You can Normal Summon 1 Nikitama then an Aratama for the search, and during the End Phase you send Nikitama for draw and Search which results in some good Deck thinning. At least you can't always pull this combo off, but this has the potential to make Spirits even more consistent to get to that point. The half damage effect is  stellar as it helps insure your survivability for the lack of field presence. In all, it is balanced... Nothing notable that would break the game.

Creativity and Flavor- 9/15 Okay, so it has Japanese Shrine for that Spirit representation, but... I feel like it is missing that epic or otherwordliness that could better portray a Field Spell for the concept of Spirits that Konami has illustrated... It just looks too mundane.

Effect wise: another additional Normal Summon... :/ Aside from that this thing stands out in that you can halve damage taken to you with that stylish exclusivity approach: revealing Spirit monster from hand, and not having anything on field. And instead of outright adding you can search Spirits by trading which is somewhat unique

OCG- 5/5 Clear for landing! No errors!

[spoiler=ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ- Ryuujin]

Balance and Usability- 20/30 Well it is easy to get out for a Spirit Deck so I guess that is a bonus in itself in terms of usability. His summoning condition breaking effect gives him his function, and it possibly presents other possibilities like Special Summoning your Spirits ues to Summon this with Call of Haunted or something along those lines. His Special Summoning effect let's you get out the big guns, Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi, and Yamata Dragon, and since the Special Summon is also treated as a Normal Summon.... You can activate any Spirit effect that needs the Normal Summon. And it gives Yamata and Hino the ability to attack directly which they get off some really powerful effects if they succeed. So he is highly usable.

With balance in mind though... This guy is too easy to Special Summon for what he can do (I think Polymerization should be a requirement for him), and it enables Spirits to do a lot of things if he goes uninterrupted. I mean he would basically make Spirits turn into an instantaneous "I have just about all the answers" utility belt. And you mentioned it yourself.. You can circumvent him from returning to the Extra Deck by simply overlaying with with Yamata Dragon to go into a Rank 7.

Creativity/ Flavour- 15/15 So this is your strong point essentially as I mentioned before. You incorporated Japanese mythology: the common motif of spirits. You made it look like a Spirit with background and epic art. And in terms of the angle of approaches that you have done with the effect... You done some very distinct things that set itself apart: it is Fusion Spirit Monster, and it has a way to get out Spirits that I wouldn't have considered on my own.

OCG- 4/5 Needs Monster(s) when you are saying 1 or more of something.

[spoiler=YugsterMajor- Spirtual Reborn]

Balance/ Usability- 20/30 So this essentially offers a Tribute engine for Spirits with Nikitama in mind, and it presents easy access to recycling any important Spirts you might have lost, and get any of their effects off because it is treated as Normal Summon. It also recycles itself which makes itself pretty meaningful to Spirits considering they usually aren't staying on the field anytime soon, and also 1 could probably afford just running 1 of these (it is that good). t's usefulness might be a bit limited early game if you don't get a Nikitama play or Spirit destroyed or dump. It is also searchable by Hidden Armory, but because the Special Summon is treated as Normal Summon (not your fault) you can't use this on the turn that searched it with Hidden Armory (small rant there). You balanced the card pretty nicely with the Level restriction and that hard Opt... No notable loops other than it's self-recyclablity.

Creativity/Flavor- 14/15 The art matches the feel of Spirit with the otherworldly nature to it.. I have to admit I certainly was not expecting an Equip Spell, and this effect is fairly unique. Konami made some Equip Spells for Spirits themselves that were slightly identical in that they recycled as well, but this is more distinct in that it Specials and treats that as Normal Summon.

OCG - 4/5 1 Missed Capital by colon @ " If this equipped card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add it to your hand.".

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS - Anchors to the Other World]

Balance/Usability- 27/30 It is Terraforming Searchable which is good. It offers the the additional Normal Summon which is Spirit's bread and butter, and it gives you the option to get out those Lv 5 or higher Spirit monsters more easily. Nikitama being as flexible as it is for Spirits can work with either of these effects and you could still get good results if you don't get stopped dead on your tracks. And with one little addition it can replace itself with a Spirit from the Graveyard if it gets destroyed. It is balanced as it makes us choose 1 of the effects.

Creativity/Flavour- 7/15 The art is epic looking, but it seems a bit... Out of place in terms of the concept of Spirits, and the name seems somewhat misleading (I was somewhat expecting something to keep the Spirits on board or something to that nature). Effect wise.. I feel like you haven't really strayed too far off from Spirit's bread and butter (additional Normal Summon thing). But, you made it somewhat interesting where we have another option to lower the tributes needed for our higher Leveled Spirt monsters.

OCG- 5/5 Sleuthed for any incriminating evidence of you having grammatical errors... But, alas I couldn't find anything. Not guilty!

[spoiler=Chivalry - Sanbo-Kajin]

Balance/Usability- 24/30 Well.. This guys scale is really good and his Pendulum effect is a pretty good fit which gives him the option to for players to make either a hybrid Pendulum/Spirit Deck that focuses on getting out the Spirit big guns being Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi and Yamata Dragon with less effort, or a pure Spirit build that can uses some of the board-clearing Spirits with no tributes. It is also useful that you can retain the field presence of things when you want to. His monster effect isn't very strong persay (kinda wish he had a little more there) , but I guess it is kind of nifty that you can recycle him from Extra Deck to replenish potential lost resources. But, overall his Pendulum effect speaks with great depths of versatility. Issues in balance? None that I can think of.

Creativity/Flavor- 14/15 As cool as his art is, he kind of breaks away from the feel of subtlety I am more familiar with in Spirits. But, his effects/typing/stats are probably the thing that strikes me the hardest here.. Spirit/Pendulum combination is every unique, and he is somewhat interchangeable as either Monster or a Scale due to his effect.

OCG - 5/5 High five brother! Give me some! *forced fives*

[spoiler=Striker- Ermanu of the Spirits]

Usability/Balance- 22/30 So this guy offers extra spots of speeding Spirits up for the additional Normal Summon thing since he shares Nikitama's effect. The cool thing is his typing, and the fact that he can be Special Summoned which gives him easy access by good enablers like Reinforcement of the Army, Aratama, M-X Saber Invoker (because he is an Earth Warrior and he can be Special Summoned), Summoner Monk, etc. Which means you could make some really weird Spirit hybrid Deck with this guy because of how much support he has outside of Spirits. His downfall is that Nikitama overshadows him by replacing lost advantage when it is used for a Tribute, and sometimes an XYZ material. No real problems with balance though.

Creativity/ Flavor- 2/15 Well I would give you a break on this because he introduces a lot of unique possibilities (which I took the time to discover on the behalf of trying to validate this rushed attempt), but sadly his design is just too bland and redundant as to what Spirits already have being "Nikitama". His name seems as if it was made without much effort.

OCG- 5/5 At the very least... No mistakes, right? :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

[spoiler=Totals]

1. Chivalry - 43
  2. Fluffyfish - 42
  3. XOXO (not really) - 41
  4. Tythe - 40
  5. ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ and Trebuchet MS  - 39
  6. YugsterMajor - 38
  7. Zanda Panda - 37
  8. Kitty w/ Bow- 34
  9. Enguin - 30
  10. Yuuji Kazami - 28
  11. Striker - 29

K... Now my end is up~ Thank you guys for your patience with, and thank you all for your contribution to competing. Dova and I will come up with a more appropriate total within due time. Sorry it took a little long on my part.

[spoiler=Egmoedeus Judging]

[spoiler=Tythe - Long Song Hypnotist]

Usability/Balance- 25/30 Usability wise in respect to Spirit Decks of various kinds this guy requires the Nikitama/ Treeborn Frog/ Stormforth/ Heroic Challenger- Thousand Blades/Battle Fader quite a bit with that needy 1 Tribute thing. Worst case scenario he could be dead at times if you don't get your tribute engine established. His effect is pretty nifty though as it does the infamous Spirit/ Creature Swap combo with the potential to use up 1 less card (if you have Treeborn/ Heroic Challenger-Thousand Blades up and running.), and it gives you the option to grab what you want rather than being subjected to your opponent choosing for you. Balance wise this guy is in the good as you need a tribute to get him out, and his effect requires to some targeting so he is circumvented by quite a handful of things.Creativity/Flavor- 10/15 I am not quite sure what it is inspired by other than from its effect being the

"Creature Swap/Spirit" combo (which I am lightly docking you on only because I know the combo all too well).OCG - 5/5 No problems here, you are good to go.

[spoiler=Enguin - The Spirit Realm]

Usability/Balance- 15/30 I get the idea of the effect: fight Spirits main weakness being their lack of field presence, and overcome faster Decks in the process. It may do it too well to some extent though it is essentially a Field Spell version of Vanity's Emptiness with Terraforming as an enabler.. And Spirits can get some pretty high ATK monsters (thanks to Yashka, and the likes) that your opponent will most likely have a very hard time getting over since the field gives you the option to preserve the presence of the Spirit monster on the field... It just seems like an unhealthy design for a card.Creativity/Flavor- 11/15 The art has an otherwordly nature that one could assess that this would pertain to Spirits. The name is a tad bit bland, but not enough were I want to eviscerate your Creativity/Flavor Score; at least it fits. As for the effect... I know I've seen Konami attempt the some aspects of this card's effect before: Spiritual Energy Settling Machine. While their version is more counter-intuitive, and less searchable... From my stand point, I think you made it distinguishable enough from Settling Machine enough to where I can give you some props for you banter. But, only a little bit because it doesn't introduce anything new really.OCG- 4/5 1 capital via colon ": return all Spirit monsters..."

[spoiler=Kitty w/ Bow - Spiritual Binding Zone]

Usability/ Balance- 20/30  While the objective of this thing is admirable in that it can replenish resources that maybe lost (such as Nikitama as you mentioned). The requirement of needing 2 Spirits in the Graveyard can make this hard to use early game, and it could a dead card for awhile. But, once you do get it started... It offers protection on your opponents turn. And it recycles Nikitama's on your turn, which could make a pretty good tributing engine for those Level 5 or higher Spirit monsters. It doesn't seem it can be abused considering how much restrictions it has on it... So I will pat your hypothetical back by giving you some points there.Creativity/ Flavor- 9/15 It may be unintentional, but the art on it sort of screams more of that Earthbound Immortal look than Spirts. Card effect wise: I know a lot of people felt subject to use the additional Normal Summon thing (I did it too before I took on judging)... I kind of felt like you could have added more to this somehow to make it more distinguishable. I mean at least you it isn't exactly like Ultimate Offering, and that you can Normal Summon in face-up Defense Position.OCG- 5/5 Frisked you for any concealed weaponry of grammatical mistakes... No guns, no knives, no grenades. You are good to go. Have a nice day. :)

[spoiler=Zanda Panda - Oni Samurai]Usability/ Balance- 19/30 This guy is 1 weird specimen among XYZ's... As he doesn't detach to pull off any sort of effect which makes him less usable for say... Nigitama plays for the common Spirit Deck engine. But, his effect is pretty strong: that add a Spirit and pop effect is nothing to scoff at... The problem is that he does have Artifact Moralltach Syndrome in that you can use Call of the Haunted, or things like it to stop pivotal plays(and add stuff) once you manage to get him out, and into the Grave. With that in mind people might not even use this guy for a pure Spirit deck, and rather just tech a few Spirits and at least 1 of Oni. His effect isn't even a hard once per turn which presents some potential red flags despite him being an Extra Deck monster (I mean think about it... This guy is also a Zombie which is one of the most Graveyard spamming Types in the game).Creativity/ Flavor- 13/15 Oni galvanizes my interest though... He definitely lives up to his relentless look with his effect.

And I get that Oni's are demons/ spirits in Japanese mythology which follows the motif of what Spirits are in Yugioh. The

only little caveat I have is that you changed him from a cool Typing being Fire Zombie to... The meh Dark Zombie typing from his lore below the card. He best represents via his fiery feel.OCG- 5/5 You're good~

[spoiler= Yuuji Kazami- Spirit Utopia, Soul Society]

Balance/ Usability- 13/30 Not being able to Special Summon is pretty harsh considering Nigitama offers potential XYZ plays. This part could be problematic in situations where you need an out in the long run, but I guess is kind of understandable in that some Spirits are solid answers to a lot of things, and this thing offers protection. The additional Normal Summon thing is a pretty standard means to produce numbers on the field. The Counter protection thing is nifty if you want to keep some of the bigger Spirits that wouldn't mind being on the field a little bit longer.

As for the balance part I don't like the add per End Phase, but I guess the Special Summon thing mitigates it little a bit (not much though). Also, the counters are almost a bit too easy to stack considering you are doing what Spirits are starting to get really good at, and this thing further facilitates that with the additional Normal Summon bit... On top of all of this, it can protect itself from destruction, which will put your opponent in the position where ideally they need to remove this thing by much rarer removal methods like shuffling, and banishing. While, yes, Castel is a thing... Your opponent isn't always going to have the means to dispose of this, and if they can't get rid of it... They more often than not are in a struggling position to try and keep up with your building numbers, and preservable field presence. Lastly, with that Normal Summon your opponent's turn... You can pretty much steal games with Stormforth of the Monarchs. With all that this thing can do... It will have the propensity to be imbalanced in several scenarios.Creativity/ Flavour- 11/15 The serene feel of this timeless looking environment kind has has a Spirit-esque feel to it... And if you were to look closely at the background of all the Spirt cards: you can sort of see the pattern on this island thing. Effect wise the protection part is pretty unique in terms of the counters. The additional Normal Summon thing is a little cliche now (I was guilty of doing it too, so I get it), but at the very least you offered a bit of variation to this thing.OCG- 4/5 1 Missed Capital by a colon " : place 1 Spirit Counter"

[spoiler=XOXO(not really) - Doorway to Limbo]

Balance/ Usability- 24/30 Being a Field it has that Terraforming as an enabler so it is good there... That first effect is a pretty mean(yet funny) floodgate, but the good thing about it is that is circumventable in that a lot of things tend to Special Summon now a days, and sometimes somethings outside of Spirits can recycle there effect off this (like Manju). The Special Summon from grave effect is pretty cool to cycle much needed Nikitamas for some good old fashion Level 5 or highers, or even XYZ plays... And you could tech Trade-Ins for Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi to get him out with that effect. So this effect can be pretty useful for some power plays... Oh and it has that negate attack.... And Effect?! by discarding Spirits... Hmmm.... I will take this as a double edge sword cause your opponent could be real smart and pop this card right after you use this effect a few times, which essentially would make you minus badly. The last effect is good if I it is what I think it is (an additional Normal Summon?)... Cause if this somehow went got nailed by your opponent, and you at least retained an Aratama... You have the potential of recovery. Balance wise I don't see anything too big of an issue.Creativity and Flavor - 13/15 The effect is pretty interesting I must say... I haven't seen a Field Spell that forces Normal Summons back into the hand, and it does have that nuisance feel to it with the attack negations, and Special Summoning your resources effect. Wouldn't have thought about breaking Spirits Summoning condition. It managed to break out of that additional Normal Summon trend for the most part. The name seems kind of off though in my opinion... It feels more like a Gateway with the attack negations.OCG - 4/5 Some weird bits here which got me to do a little more research... (That isn't what I am docking you on though XD) The first effect... You don't really "Send" things back to the hand: Rather you "return" things to the hand.

[spoiler=FluffyFish - Shrine of Spirits]

Balance and Usability- 28/30 Field Spell + Terraforming = Consistency?  Additional Normal Summon to help out Spirits? This search effect during the End Phase has some cool usage... You can Normal Summon 1 Nikitama then an Aratama for the search, and during the End Phase you send Nikitama for draw and Search which results in some good Deck thinning. At least you can't always pull this combo off, but this has the potential to make Spirits even more consistent to get to that point. The half damage effect is  stellar as it helps insure your survivability for the lack of field presence. In all, it is balanced... Nothing notable that would break the game.Creativity and Flavor- 9/15 Okay, so it has Japanese Shrine for that Spirit representation, but... I feel like it is missing that epic or otherwordliness that could better portray a Field Spell for the concept of Spirits that Konami has illustrated... It just looks too mundane.

Effect wise: another additional Normal Summon... :/ Aside from that this thing stands out in that you can halve damage taken to you with that stylish exclusivity approach: revealing Spirit monster from hand, and not having anything on field. And instead of outright adding you can search Spirits by trading which is somewhat uniqueOCG- 5/5 Clear for landing! No errors!

[spoiler=ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ- Ryuujin]

Balance and Usability- 20/30 Well it is easy to get out for a Spirit Deck so I guess that is a bonus in itself in terms of usability. His summoning condition breaking effect gives him his function, and it possibly presents other possibilities like Special Summoning your Spirits ues to Summon this with Call of Haunted or something along those lines. His Special Summoning effect let's you get out the big guns, Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi, and Yamata Dragon, and since the Special Summon is also treated as a Normal Summon.... You can activate any Spirit effect that needs the Normal Summon. And it gives Yamata and Hino the ability to attack directly which they get off some really powerful effects if they succeed. So he is highly usable.

With balance in mind though... This guy is too easy to Special Summon for what he can do (I think Polymerization should be a requirement for him), and it enables Spirits to do a lot of things if he goes uninterrupted. I mean he would basically make Spirits turn into an instantaneous "I have just about all the answers" utility belt. And you mentioned it yourself.. You can circumvent him from returning to the Extra Deck by simply overlaying with with Yamata Dragon to go into a Rank 7.Creativity/ Flavour- 15/15 So this is your strong point essentially as I mentioned before. You incorporated Japanese mythology: the common motif of spirits. You made it look like a Spirit with background and epic art. And in terms of the angle of approaches that you have done with the effect... You done some very distinct things that set itself apart: it is Fusion Spirit Monster, and it has a way to get out Spirits that I wouldn't have considered on my own.OCG- 4/5 Needs Monster(s) when you are saying 1 or more of something.

[spoiler=YugsterMajor- Spirtual Reborn]

Balance/ Usability- 20/30 So this essentially offers a Tribute engine for Spirits with Nikitama in mind, and it presents easy access to recycling any important Spirts you might have lost, and get any of their effects off because it is treated as Normal Summon. It also recycles itself which makes itself pretty meaningful to Spirits considering they usually aren't staying on the field anytime soon, and also 1 could probably afford just running 1 of these (it is that good). t's usefulness might be a bit limited early game if you don't get a Nikitama play or Spirit destroyed or dump. It is also searchable by Hidden Armory, but because the Special Summon is treated as Normal Summon (not your fault) you can't use this on the turn that searched it with Hidden Armory (small rant there). You balanced the card pretty nicely with the Level restriction and that hard Opt... No notable loops other than it's self-recyclablity.Creativity/Flavor- 14/15 The art matches the feel of Spirit with the otherworldly nature to it.. I have to admit I certainly was not expecting an Equip Spell, and this effect is fairly unique. Konami made some Equip Spells for Spirits themselves that were slightly identical in that they recycled as well, but this is more distinct in that it Specials and treats that as Normal Summon.OCG - 4/5 1 Missed Capital by colon @ " If this equipped card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add it to your hand.".

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS - Anchors to the Other World]

Balance/Usability- 27/30 It is Terraforming Searchable which is good. It offers the the additional Normal Summon which is Spirit's bread and butter, and it gives you the option to get out those Lv 5 or higher Spirit monsters more easily. Nikitama being as flexible as it is for Spirits can work with either of these effects and you could still get good results if you don't get stopped dead on your tracks. And with one little addition it can replace itself with a Spirit from the Graveyard if it gets destroyed. It is balanced as it makes us choose 1 of the effects.Creativity/Flavour- 7/15 The art is epic looking, but it seems a bit... Out of place in terms of the concept of Spirits, and the name seems somewhat misleading (I was somewhat expecting something to keep the Spirits on board or something to that nature). Effect wise.. I feel like you haven't really strayed too far off from Spirit's bread and butter (additional Normal Summon thing). But, you made it somewhat interesting where we have another option to lower the tributes needed for our higher Leveled Spirt monsters.OCG- 5/5 Sleuthed for any incriminating evidence of you having grammatical errors... But, alas I couldn't find anything. Not guilty!

[spoiler=Chivalry - Sanbo-Kajin]

Balance/Usability- 24/30 Well.. This guys scale is really good and his Pendulum effect is a pretty good fit which gives him the option to for players to make either a hybrid Pendulum/Spirit Deck that focuses on getting out the Spirit big guns being Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi and Yamata Dragon with less effort, or a pure Spirit build that can uses some of the board-clearing Spirits with no tributes. It is also useful that you can retain the field presence of things when you want to. His monster effect isn't very strong persay (kinda wish he had a little more there) , but I guess it is kind of nifty that you can recycle him from Extra Deck to replenish potential lost resources. But, overall his Pendulum effect speaks with great depths of versatility. Issues in balance? None that I can think of.Creativity/Flavor- 14/15 As cool as his art is, he kind of breaks away from the feel of subtlety I am more familiar with in Spirits. But, his effects/typing/stats are probably the thing that strikes me the hardest here.. Spirit/Pendulum combination is every unique, and he is somewhat interchangeable as either Monster or a Scale due to his effect.OCG - 5/5 High five brother! Give me some! *forced fives*

[spoiler=Striker- Ermanu of the Spirits]

Usability/Balance- 22/30 So this guy offers extra spots of speeding Spirits up for the additional Normal Summon thing since he shares Nikitama's effect. The cool thing is his typing, and the fact that he can be Special Summoned which gives him easy access by good enablers like Reinforcement of the Army, Aratama, M-X Saber Invoker (because he is an Earth Warrior and he can be Special Summoned), Summoner Monk, etc. Which means you could make some really weird Spirit hybrid Deck with this guy because of how much support he has outside of Spirits. His downfall is that Nikitama overshadows him by replacing lost advantage when it is used for a Tribute, and sometimes an XYZ material. No real problems with balance though.Creativity/ Flavor- 2/15 Well I would give you a break on this because he introduces a lot of unique possibilities (which I took the time to discover on the behalf of trying to validate this rushed attempt), but sadly his design is just too bland and redundant as to what Spirits already have being "Nikitama". His name seems as if it was made without much effort.OCG- 5/5 At the very least... No mistakes, right? :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

[spoiler=Totals]

• Chivalry - 43
  • Fluffyfish - 42
  • XOXO (not really) - 41
  • Tythe - 40
  • ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ and Trebuchet MS  - 39
  • YugsterMajor - 38
  • Zanda Panda - 37
  • Kitty w/ Bow- 34
  • Enguin - 30
  • Yuuji Kazami - 28
  • Striker - 29

GG. I can't create card at all. Kill me plz.

-Shoots self in head-

So, final totals:

[spoiler=Totals]1. Chivalry - 86

2. Fluffyfish - 82

3. Yugster Major - 79

3. Trebuchet MS - 79

3. ɒllɘɿɘbniƆ - 79

6. XOXO (not really) - 78

7. Tythe - 77

8. Zanda Panda - 76

9. Kinka-Byo - 74

10. Enguin - 70

11. Striker - 66

11. Yuuji Kazami - 66

Unless contested, of course.

Guest BGMCANN0N

-Shoots self in head-

Ohhh hush. You can create cards... You just have to put a few things into practice is all in terms of balancing.

Hmm, I've either slipped a bit, or have gotten lazier lately, or the other card makers have improved. Even the best fall down sometimes, as the song goes.

-Shoots self in head-

*Samarecarm*

Now is not the time. Don't write yourself off before figuring out that you can learn and improve.

Archived