Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Except for the crest on its head, it looks a lot like Fletchling. Rounded head shape, long dark beak, notched wings...

...in any case I'd like to think of Sun/Moon's relationship to X/Y would be similar to GSC to RBY, but there are several points against it, the primary one being it's an odd-generation game. Odd-generations have notably stood alone and brought in huge numbers of pokemon while even-numbered ones are more supplementary. In any case, even if they didn't necessarily follow that trend, they probably will WANT to make a large number of new pokemon for the next gen anyway considering the raw number of new pokemon in X/Y was a bit lacklustre.

Your points don't really hold up in this situation.

Firstly, we didn't get a third version/sequels. In and of itself, that's indicative that trends are not a solid argument anymore, but Gen 6 shook things up a lot, further weakning that argument.

Secondly, given how small Gen 6 was, it seems more likely that, since they skipped the third version/sequel, that they WOULd use this as a "Johto". It allows them to supplement the pool of the former while also introducing new Pokemon and concepts entirely, while still making it a sequel in the Gen 2 sense. They'd be more likely to make a solid amount an add more mega evolutions, just like Gen 6.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Kalos like only one part of France geographically?

If I remember correctly, northern part of it.

But either way, new region could be based on surrounding countries which may make sense (or somewhere else). Likely going to be in Europe still, if they want to keep things connected to XY.

----

So far, I'm interested but what else will they show in the coming days? Hopefully the dex this time is much larger than XY (and likely will).

Your points don't really hold up in this situation.

Firstly, we didn't get a third version/sequels. In and of itself, that's indicative that trends are not a solid argument anymore, but Gen 6 shook things up a lot, further weakning that argument.

Secondly, given how small Gen 6 was, it seems more likely that, since they skipped the third version/sequel, that they WOULd use this as a "Johto". It allows them to supplement the pool of the former while also introducing new Pokemon and concepts entirely, while still making it a sequel in the Gen 2 sense. They'd be more likely to make a solid amount an add more mega evolutions, just like Gen 6.

Unfortunately as of right now, without further information, trends among previous gens are the main source. Again, I'd LIKE for Sun/Moon to share a similar relationship to X/Y as the first 2 gens to each other, but there is no evidence nor trend that shows this could be the case.

As for the fact gen 6 didn't have a third installment, I'm not sure how that applies. The "trend" of getting a third main series game in a generation had been subverted since B2/W2. That cannot necessarily be used to factor out other trends that have been used in all the games thus far.

(I'll try to address your second point later, I've got class in a bit)

Unfortunately as of right now, without further information, trends among previous gens are the main source. Again, I'd LIKE for Sun/Moon to share a similar relationship to X/Y as the first 2 gens to each other, but there is no evidence nor trend that shows this could be the case.

As for the fact gen 6 didn't have a third installment, I'm not sure how that applies. The "trend" of getting a third main series game in a generation had been subverted since B2/W2. That cannot necessarily be used to factor out other trends that have been used in all the games thus far.

(I'll try to address your second point later, I've got class in a bit)

My point is that lots of trends have been subverted. And when many have been subverted, you cannot cite trends as evidence, no matter how much you want to. When the trend is broken, the citation fails.

There is much more evidence towards Gen 6 having a continuation ala Johto than not, given the plethora of lore and hints in the games, which is a lor deeper than normal.

For example, the Azoth Kingdom, which is where Magearna comes from. Who is a 7th gen Pokemon.

The Pokémon on the screen, I'm fairly certain is a Fletchling (from what I remember on my game)...

Regardless, I'm actually surprised that Sun and Moon were the ones that were coming out. Regardless, I'm psyched for it and I REEEEAAAAALLLY want the legendaries to be based on Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi respectively x3

If I remember correctly, northern part of it.

But either way, new region could be based on surrounding countries which may make sense (or somewhere else). Likely going to be in Europe still, if they want to keep things connected to XY.

----

So far, I'm interested but what else will they show in the coming days? Hopefully the dex this time is much larger than XY (and likely will).

In all fairness, if you count the Mega Pokemon as new Pokemon they basically match the standard number of Pokemon added in most gens.

Anyway, looks like we're entering Gen 7. I think I'm surprised? Sigh, internet kills all the fun. Honestly not sure what else we learned from the direct other than those two things.

The lack of a 3rd game, got me thinking and I remembered a thing

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/

Seeing as how Sun and Moon were likely in development during this, it seems VERY likely that they will tie into XY in some way.

Well, the news of Sun and Moon wasn't surprising, but still exciting. Slightly disappointed that there isn't a third version for X/Y since I think there is still a lot of lore for Kalos that was left unexplored in the games, but I'm with Black in that Sun/Moon will be connected to X/Y like Gold/Silver was connected to Red/Blue until proven otherwise.

I also wish more information for Sun/Moon was released, but what they showed was fine and I have no problem with it. I'm sure in the next few months more info will slowly be released, possibly the first forms of the starters.

I was very surprised that the pokemon you caught in the eshop versions of R/B/Y could be used with Bank and the new games. I didn't see that coming at all, but gives me more of a reason to buy a version or two and play through them. Wonder how they determine the stats and nature and everything for those pokemon? Also, I also can't wait to see if you can transfer Missingno. to the new games or if they have outlawed it.

Zygarde having more forms and moves, the region next to Kalos, the train in Couriway with a (Japanese) town motto of "A town connecting differences", and Masuda saying they will wrap up XY's story in a surprising way all suggests to me that we have a VERY real chance of another connected region.

CoroCoro might have news next month. For sure the one after.

I'm guessing something is built into Sun and Moon to convert the data. Honestly, if they care so much about us moving pokemon into Sun and Moon I hope that means the Pokemon we move from XY ORAS will still be seen as "ours" somehow.

Considering I totally missed the Mew event at GameStop, I would love if you could transfer the Mew from the glitch to the new games.

Since they didn't mention anything at all about letting you transfer to XY/ORAS, I'm going to guess they have some sort of feature that's only in Sun and Moon to convert all the data.

Archived