Yu-Gi-Oh! Skies [OOC/PG-16/Started/Accepting]

BANZAI!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, i was wondering. I kinda want to be a part of this, but i know i dont have the time to come in full-time. Perhaps my character can be a person who only shows up every now and then?

Sorry, i dont mean to bump or spam, but- you're still accepting, right? I know this is active, cause theres been a few recent posts in the IC thread.

As long as the "Accepting" is in the title, you're welcome to apply. That said, if you dont have the time to commit fully, then no, you shouldn't apply.

[spoiler=It still says you're accepting]

Name: Lucian Aleytheys

[spoiler=Physical Description]Lucian is fairly short for his age. He is small and thin, with hair the color of redwood bark and eyes the color of the sea. He can actually show some surprising strength for his size.

For his usual attire he wears a white t-shirt, as well as an olive-green hooded sweatshirt. He wears white jeans for some odd reason. He seems to like the color white a lot. He wears cyan-rimmed glasses, slightly squarish. He's not particularly handsome, but not particularly bad-looking either.

[spoiler=Personality]First and foremost, Lucian really does not like people who make fun of his height. That is a given. He's proud of his ancestry (see bio) and if anyone shows an inkling of knowledge about their works, Lucian will try to befriend them to see what they know.

Usually he is pretty shy, tending to blend in to the crowd (or at least he would if he wasn't wearing all white). He tends to stutter a bit, but he will always get out what he is trying to say.

[spoiler=Deck]

Lucian's deck is a Samosata deck, specializing in banishing his own cards for profit (but not for too much profit like the Kozmos). His deck can tend to be fast paced, but can also go slowly.

His cards are themed off the True Histories of Lucian of Samosata, and as such includes such cards as "Samosata Garlic Fighter" and "Samosata Puppycorns." (You can derive from this that they were actually not a True History.)

His ace monster usually tends towards Samosata Vine Nymph, but his true strength is in the Moon King/Sun King pairing.

WARNING: Whosoever shall open this spoiler shall be prepared for a buttload of cards.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]

Samosata Vine Nymph

Plant/Effect | Earth | Level 8 | 2800 ATK | 2800 DEF

You can Tribute Summon this card in face-up Attack Position by Tributing 1 "Samosata" monster. You can banish a "Samosata" card from your hand to target 1 monster on the field: Negate that monster's effects while this card is face-up on the field. You can only use this effect of "Samosata Vine Nymph" once per turn.

Whirlwind of Samosata

Quick-Play Spell Card

Activate only if a "Samosata" Field Spell card is face-up on the field. Activate a "Samosata" Field Spell card directly from your Deck.

Samosata Horse Vultures

Winged-Beast/Effect | Dark | Level 4 | 1500 ATK | 1400 DEF

This card can attack up to thrice per turn, but it cannot attack directly. If this card is Banished by the effect of a "Samosata" card: You can target 1 monster on the field; it loses 400 ATK.

Samosata Moon King Endymion

Psychic/Effect | Dark | Level 8 | 2800 ATK | 1000 DEF

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 DARK "Samosata" monster from your graveyard. Once per turn: You can shuffle one of your banished "Samosata" monsters into the Deck, then draw a card.

Samosata Garlic Fighter

Plant/Effect | Dark | Level 4 | 1800 ATK | 0 DEF

If a "Samosata" monster you control is banished by the effect of a "Samosata" card: Special Summon this card (from your hand). (This is a Quick Effect.) Activate this ability of "Samosata Garlic Fighter" only once per turn, and only during your turn.

Samosata Flea Archer

Insect/Effect | Dark | Level 4 | 1400 ATK | 1400 DEF

You can Tribute this card: Activate a "Samosata" Spell or Trap Card from your hand. (This is a Quick Effect.) Use this ability of "Samosata Flea Archer" once per turn, and only during the opponent's turn.

Samosata Sparrowcorns

Winged-Beast/Effect | Dark | Level 4 | 1500 ATK | 1200 DEF

If "Samosata Sparrowcorns" inflicts battle damage: Draw a card. Activate this ability only if you control another "Samosata" card. If "Samosata Sparrowcorns" is banished by the effect of a "Samosata" card: Target 1 Spell or Trap card on the field, and destroy that target.

Moon Kingdom of Samosata

Field Spell Card

All monsters on the field have their attribute treated as DARK. All "Samosata" monsters gain 500 ATK. If a face-up "Samosata Moon King Endymion" you control would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.

Samosata Sun King Phaethon

Psychic/Effect | Light | Level 8 | 2800 ATK | 1000 DEF

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT "Samosata" monster from your graveyard. Once per turn: you can Special Summon a "Samosata" monster from your hand, but banish it during the End Phase of this turn.

Samosata Ant Riders

Insect/Effect | Light | Level 4 | 1600 ATK | 1100 DEF

If this card is banished: Target 1 "Samosata" monster you control; it gains 600 ATK.

Samosata Air Gnats

Insect/Effect | Light | Level 4 | 1100 ATK | 1200 DEF

If one of your "Samosata" monsters is banished, this card can attack directly. If this card is banished: Your opponent takes 600 damage.

Samosata Cloud Centaurs

Beast-Warrior/Effect | Light | Level 4 | 2000 ATK | 1000 DEF

When this card is Normal Summoned: Banish it. If there is a "Samosata" Field Spell face-up on the field: You can Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position during your turn. If this card attacks, change it to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

Samosata Puppycorns

Beast-Warrior/Effect | Light | Level 4 | 1700 ATK | 1400 DEF

You can Banish 1 "Samosata" monster from your hand: Special Summon this card from your graveyard. If this card is banished by the effect of a "Samosata" card: Draw a card.

Samosata Sun Kingdom

Field Spell Card

All monsters on the field have their attribute treated as LIGHT. All "Samosata" monsters gain 500 ATK. If a face-up "Samosata Sun King Phaethon" you control would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.

Samosata Untruth

Normal Spell Card

Banish 1 "Samosata" monster from your hand: Draw 2 cards.

Blood Rain of Samosata

Normal Trap Card

Pay 500 Life Points: Special Summon a banished "Samosata" monster in face-up Defense position.

Samosata Looking Glass

Quick-Play Spell Card

Add 1 "Samosata" monster from your deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Samosata Looking Glass" per turn.

Island Fish of Samosata

Continuous Trap Card

After activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Position as an Effect Monster (Fish-Type/WATER/Level 6/ATK 0/DEF 2500).  (This card is still treated as a Trap Card.) You can banish 1 "Samosata" monster from your hand: Switch this card's original ATK and DEF, until the End Phase. If this card attacks, switch it to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

Broilers of Samosata

Fish/Effect | Water | Level 4 | 800 ATK | 2000 DEF

If this card is Normal or Flip summoned: You can change its Battle Position. If this card is banished by the effect of a "Samosata" card:  Special Summon a "Broiler Token" (Fish-type/WATER/Level 4/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to your side of the field.

Samosata Mergoats

Fish/Effect | Water | Level 4 | 1500 ATK | 1500 DEF

If this card is banished by the effect of a "Samosata" card: Special Summon it.

Samosata Milk Ocean

Normal Trap Card

Banish 2 "Samosata" monsters you control, then target up to 3 cards on the field; destroy those targets.

Isle of Cheese

Field Spell Card

(This card is always treated as a "Samosata" card.)

"Samosata" monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. If a monster would be sent to your graveyard, you can banish it instead.

[spoiler=Biography]

His distant ancestor was the original Lucian of Samosata, after whom he is named. He was surprised when he found cards themed after some odd guy's work, so he investigated and found his ancestry. Before he could let anyone else know, however, there was a fire that broke out at his house and killed his mother.

His father couldn't work and raise him, so he regrettably had to give him to Lucian's grandparents - his mother's parents- for keeping until he could raise him again.

Misc. Information

If you want to read the orignal story, go here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/luc/true/tru01.htm

If I sound grouchy or anything here, it's because I'm still waking up and haven't even finished breakfast yet; just clearing that one up right off the bat. Should also clarify that I'm not the host or a co-host; just a guy who can't keep quiet about this one.

So yeah, it does say we're still accepting. But it also says you need two paragraphs minimum for personality and one paragraph minimum for bio. You'd be lucky if the host considered that bio as totaling in at one paragraph, and that personality certainly doesn't (1-2 sentences then hitting enter doesn't make a paragraph). I'm gonna go over each field of your app starting at appearance, because I do like to see new people show up in RP, but it doesn't help if they don't know what they're doing.

Welcome to YCM, by the way (^_~)/

Physical Description: You've got enough text here (but just barely so if you ask me), but an image would help. This thread has both resources you can use to find an image that suits Lucian's appearance (scroll down to my post), as well as some general tips and pointers you may want to read up on to help in both looking like and actually being a better RPer. Your choice of words also begs the question why he wears white jeans "for some odd reason". What's so odd about a boy wearing jeans of a specific color? As opposed to what, black or blue jeans? It's no stranger than me wearing denim shorts in the winter.

Personality: Okay so first off, despite having split your text into two little blocks, what you've got here barely qualifies as even one paragraph. Good thing too, because that means you'll need to write until you have more or less double what you've already got; this should be good for you since what you've got so far tells me a whole lot of nothing about Lucian. If he tries to blend into the crowd, why does he continually wear all white? He always gets out what he's trying to say, but what kinds of things will he try to say? I'd say what you've got leaves more questions than answers, but it hasn't really left me with much of either.

Deck & Custom Cards: Putting these together. Didn't read over your customs because it's way too early for me to look at all that, but you did an alright-ish job I guess of describing what the deck does. It likes banishing and can play at a couple different paces, but that's all I really got out of it. Is it a aggro deck that likes to summon big monsters to overwhelm the opponent? Is it a control deck, causing the opponent to play on Lucian's terms? Is it a stun deck that doesn't like the opponent playing to begin with? Basically, tell us more about what your deck actually does instead of forcing us all to read every custom you've got and leaving us to puzzle it together.

Bio: I'm going to be perfectly blunt and say this is one of the most poorly-written bios I've seen since becoming active on this site site about a year and a half ago. If Lucian was named after this Lucian of Samosata fellow, how did he not know about his ancestry to begin with? Did his parents just never tell him why they gave him his name? The odds of accidentally naming your kid after an ancient figure who he happens to be descended from without your knowing of it are unfathomably low, especially considering how many names exist across all the languages of the world both then and now. Why did a house fire stop him from telling anybody about being descended from somebody that probably nobody in Ambrosia has ever heard of? Any particular reason we had to kill his mother in here, or were you just trying for the "dead parent" cliche?

Why couldn't his father work? Was he disabled? Sick? Just getting old? If he couldn't work and raise Lucian, how is he keeping himself afloat for that matter? See also the fact that the entire RP takes place in one giant floating sphere-type thing (you'd catch onto that if you read the OP); why would sending Lucian off be so regretful? No reason he couldn't visit daily, since he doesn't work or anything.

Skies takes place in Ambrosia: a floating habitat established centuries ago after an event known as "The Great Destruction" nearly wiped out humanity and scarred the surface of the earth. Ambrosia is covered by a dome and an artificial sky, and houses both a large city as well as several smaller towns and terraformed natural areas.

-Zai, OP

I'm not going to bring up the questions of how Lucian of Samosata managed to endure through history up to this point and how Lucian learned that the cards were based off his ancestor, but it might be worth considering on your end. This bio has left me with considerably more questions than answers, and not in the good way. I'd advise heavy revision at the very least, and a complete and total 100% re-write from scratch of the entire character at the most.

With all of the above said, I'm happy to try and help you improve this character and turn it into something the host will not only accept, but will happily accept. Put bluntly, there's no way you'll get in with your app as-is. Hopefully I didn't scare you with all this, as I'd hate to be that guy that scared a potential new RPer away from the site. Just send me a PM if you want some help and/or pointers (and make sure to check out that thread I linked earlier).

And again, welcome to YCM. Make sure you've read the rules (both for the site and the RP section), don't make an ass of yourself, and most importantly, enjoy your stay here ^_~

Urgh, double-posts. Whatever, I'm just here to drop off a third app.

[spoiler=The Sweetest Chef]

y2gkEpK.jpg
"Food for the stomach, that is easy to find. Now, food for the soul is different story..."

Name: Bronislav Retyunskikh

[spoiler=Appearance]lGFc0nM.jpg
Bronislav is a virtual giant of a man, standing at 7'1" and being a 254-pound wall of muscle. His build is best described as though he were carved out of a slab of stone, with defined features, large hands, and a smooth head. No hair grows from the top of Bronislav's head, but he does have thick eyebrows and a large mustache. While on the clock he wears a rather usual-looking chef's uniform. Otherwise, he's known to sport brown suits with a dark blue tie.

[spoiler=Personality]
If there's one teacher at Blue Yonder who will happily set aside time for each and every student, it's Bronislav Retyunskikh. To him, the students are everything. They're the reason he has a job at Blue Yonder, the ones who come to his class ready to learn, and most importantly, they're the future of Ambrosia. As such, he approaches each with the respect and love they are due, much like a gourmet meal in the process of being cooked. Even when being stern with students, a smile seldom leaves Bronislav's face.

Bronislav has a notably fatherly nature wherein the students would be his children; he's not only willing to help every single student with their problems as best he can, but happy to. He would most likely be the first one to step forward to listen if somebody needed to speak. Of course, if they did something wrong, Bronislav won't hesitate to tell them what they did and what the consequences will be. With that said, it takes a very serious offense to take the smile off Bronislav's face; most of the time he'll simply laugh it off and warmly tell the student what's what.

After the students, Bronislav's second love is food. Preparing it, cooking it, serving it, and of course eating it. He aspires to live a long life so he can enjoy countless dishes to come, and as such makes a point to eat a balanced diet as well as getting regular exercise. He always goes to sleep at a decent hour, brushes his teeth three times a day, and makes a point to ensure his mustache is always well-groomed. And of course, he urges his students to make these healthy life choices as well.

[spoiler=Biography]
Bronislav comes from one of the small towns of Ambrosia as opposed to the big city. In his childhood, distinct memories of his mother's top-notch cooking always gave him the idea that he wanted to be a chef when he grew up. Being able to not only make delicious food and eat it, but to also let others try it out, sounded wonderful to him. He grew up fairly normally, learning from his mother until one day he was just about as good in the kitchen as she was. After a few more years in his hometown, Bronislav, age 27 at the time, left for the big city.

With his culinary skills, it was easy to become a teacher at Blue Yonder after proving himself time and again. It was here that he learned the joys of teaching. He still gets to do all the things he wanted to do as a chef, and gets to teach others how to do the same? Talk about a win-win scenario! In the 15 years since, Bronislav has been teaching culinary arts at Blue Yonder Academy.

[spoiler=Deck]
Bronislav duels with a Madolche deck. The Madolche archetype consists of EARTH monsters in varying types that recycle themselves for repeated use as well as specializing in swarming the field to Xyz Summon monsters in Ranks 3 and 4. The deck features a variety of searchers to keep it consistent as well.

[spoiler=Misc]
Duel Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IystbzO_bA
Duel Theme 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnF_3TESu1o

Is it possible to post a character that you yourself won't use, as you may be too busy or something, but the host or someone else can us? 'Cause I've an idea for this, but I am not sure if I've time to invest in a RP.

Screw it, might as well try this. Probably will add more general characters, and lackeys for the villain if he gets accepted.

Villain app.

[spoiler=The Clinical Creator]

Name: Jacob Spring

[spoiler=Appearance]

Physical Appearance:

MB4MgK8.jpg

A pleasure to meet you...

Jacob is about average height, at 177 cm (5 feet 10 inches), with dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail and trimmed goatee. He usually dresses very formally, and disdains those who dress overly casually. His eyes are dark blue.

[spoiler=Biography]

My past? Nothing interesting, my friend.

Jacob was born to a family of Ambrosia’s working class; however he was not destined to stay there. His parents ran a small criminal gang that focused on the theft of powerful cards and even bribing or beating up card creators to make custom cards for their clients. They enlisted Jacob at age 10 to work as a spy on card creators by befriending their children. Jacob allowed them to hold the kids ransom without them even realising it, sky rocketing the profits. Jacob’s minor role in the operations left him unsatisfied, at least until he met Nicholas Dream.

The elder brother of Jacob’s current ‘friend’, Nicholas was just as bent as Jacob and his parents. He came to know of Jacob’s background and offered him a deal: betray his parents, become his apprentice and they could become wealthier beyond their wildest dream. Jacob agreed.

His parents imprisoned for life, Jacob began to work as Nicholas’s apprentice and they’re clientele changed dramatically. Instead of thugs and criminals, they began to cater to the upper classes. A champion’s signature card was becoming outdated? No problem, suddenly he has a more powerful form of it. A rich rookie wants a little boost versus a seasoned pro? Here, have a card that shuts down the opponent’s deck! The plan worked perfectly, as the card creators were never suspected, and if they were, Jacob would use his family’s contacts to arrange for a stooge to be set up. Despite their respective skill at designing cards, both Jacob and Nicholas managed to stay quite low on the corporate ladder within the Hatakeyama Corporation.

This went well until four years ago, when Jacob went solo. Nicholas simply disappeared one night. Jacob was accused, but he had a cast iron alibi. Jacob took over, and slowly lessened the flow of custom cards, but bringing the price (and powerlevel) of the cards be quite a margin.

Jacob also brought more people into the inner fold, mostly skilled duelists who had done business with him, but a few he had scouted out himself. For reasons often speculated upon by his associates, Jacob has taken an interest in adding younger duelists to his roster, through use of his agents in schools. This year, he has decided to send people to infiltrate the biggest prize of all: Blue Yonder...

[spoiler=Deck]

I have no time for this!

Deck: Jacob uses a Blue-eyes deck, focusing on summoning the powerful Blue-Eyes White Dragon and its Extra Deck counterparts to crush the opponent as quickly and efficiently as possible. He brings them out with the “with Eyes of Blue” and some generic , and also makes use of a couple of Rank 8s.

Ace cards: Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon, Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy.

[spoiler=Personality]

Personality: Jacob is devoted to his work, both legal and illegal. He often works late into the night at his office, testing out new cards or conceptualising them, before driving to his home where he manages conferences with his lieutenants and oversees the selection of new clients, before starting the whole thing again. As such, this intense work schedule often makes Jacob easily irritable, but he is careful to ensure this doesn’t interfere with his work.

Jacob has an eye for duelists or decks with potential, and has no qualms about how he gets that potential on his side. He is very charismatic, and is comfortable with people no matter their background. He is also very persuasive, capable of making people see things in a completely different light. Unlike a lot of criminals, Jacob works hard to ensure he maintains a good standing with his lackeys and few of them would willingly rat him out.

Unusually for Ambrosia, Jacob has no great love for Duel Monsters and views it as a tool- albiet one that is very effective and satisfying when used properly- to amassing wealth and power.

[spoiler=Professor Noriyuki Hanzo, the martial biologist]Name: Hanzo Noriyuki
[spoiler=Physical Description]PSpICrr.jpg?1

Professor Hanzo is a tall, slim man with an imperturbably serene air around him. He's never seen outside of his usual jacket, which manages to be just that slightly different from the norm as to perfectly complete the eccentric image his hairstyle and fake glasses give off.
The only time he changes outfit is when he's doing his practice sessions of martial arts, during which he wears a simple judogi.

[spoiler=Personality]Professor Noriyuki Hanzo tends to give off the image of a kind, quirky and scholarly man. He manages to somehow be simultaneously extremely excitable and enthusiastic as well as very calm and serene.
And that is, in fact, how he really is. He loves his subject and is passionate about teaching it, although he's hopelessly clueless when it comes to understanding his students or his coworkers at times. He is kind of the stereotypical forgetful genius, but he's not just passionate about biology. He is, in fact, a prolific martial artist, having learned numerous styles and merged some of them based on his peculiar philosophy derived from a weird mix of confucianism, tao precepts, humanism and his own knowledge of molecular biology.
He is convinced that every person is in fact capable of fulfilling great potentials, and that understanding the inner workings of humans is the first step in understanding where your potential resides, which is why he always tries to challenge his students during his lessons, though he still has problems conceiving the idea that someone might not be as passionate as he is about his subject.
He also tries to never approach students outside of the classroom, not because he doesn't want to help them, but because he believes that if there is something they need of him, they should be the ones asking, as they are already old enough to understand this simple principle. He thinks this not out of annoyance, but mostly because he still doesn't reading people very intuitive. Despite this, he is full of good will towards others, and will always try to help when he's asked.

[spoiler=Deck]Naturia: a control based deck that uses Synchro and Xyz monsters. It works by summoning small monsters from the deck to gather resources, and then using them to summon the bigger monsters. The bigger bosses are actually fusions of their synchros or Xyz. Sometimes, he also mixes in other Plant or Insect monsters from unrelated archetypes to exploit Naturia Sacred Tree.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]Naturia Boletus
oTBPOct.jpg

Level 3 EARTH
Plant/Tuner

Lore: If this card is sent from your Deck or hand to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Naturia" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Naturia" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. You can only use one of the effects of "Naturia Boletus" per turn, and only once that turn.

0 ATK/1800 DEF

mtJ2ZpT.jpg

Rank 3 EARTH
Insect/Xyz/Effect

Lore: 2 Level 3 "Naturia" monsters
(This card is considered a Plant-type Level 3 monster when it is on the Field, but it cannot be used for Synchro o Xyz Summons)
While you control another Plant-type monster, this card cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects by your opponent. While you control another Insect-type monster, you can detach one Xyz material from this card to Normal Summon a "Naturia" monster in addition to the Normal Summon of your turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can return a "Naturia" monster from your Graveyard to the Deck: Special Summon a "Naturia" monster with a different name from your Deck.
ATK 1800/DEF 700

Naturia Fern
Level 2 EARTH
Plant/Effect

Lore: If this card is Special Summoned, place 1 Spore Counter on it. During either player's turn, you can remove 1 Spore Counter from this card to negate the effect of a card on the field. If this card is Normal Summoned or sent to the Graveyard while it has a Spore Counter on it, you can Special Summon 1 Plant-type monster from your Graveyard, except "Naturia Fern".
ATK 100/DEF 1400

Naturia Orchid

Level 5 EARTH
Plant/Effect

Lore: If you have already Normal Summoned a "Naturia" monster in this turn, you can Tribute Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a "Naturia" monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Naturia" monster from your Graveyard. Both players cannot add cards to their hands except during the Draw Phase.

Naturia Forest Depths

Field Spell

Lore: When you activate this card, you can add 1 "Naturia" card from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn, if your opponent activates a card effect, you can send a "Naturia" card of the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap) from your field to the Graveyard (even if it's face-down): negate the activation and effect of your opponent's card and destroy it. You can use this effect of "Naturia Forest Depths" only twice per turn.

[spoiler=Biography]Noriyuki hasn't always been the serene academic with a fixation for inner peace and tea he is today. In fact, in his youth he used to be very antisocial, moody and rebellious, to the point where he had almost risked being hauled off to a special needs children's program, which in Ambrosia is pretty much one step above a juvenile detention center. His relationship with his parents never was great, and he actually found out they were former members of Control only when he hit 20. Around that time, he started researching history about before the Great Destruction: he was fascinated by the descriptions of life on the surface, and started desiring to see it. He studied and got a PhD in biology, hoping to obtain a grant for researches on the surface. He petitioned left and right, even asked his parents to pull some strings, ask contacts they had in Control, but nothing. Resigned and bitter, he took up teaching in order to pay the bills. At first, he was hesitant, but he gradually started accepting the situation, and convinced himself that if he couldn't go to the surface one day, then maybe one of his students could. Convinced that only a new generation of independent, curious souls in peace with themselves and the world would be able to pursue their goals, he started studying philosophy and martial arts, finally finding some semblance of peace.
He has been teaching at Blue Yonder academy for fifteen years now, and while he still isn't anywhere near his dream yet, he has become a familiar and beloved presence for the other professors. For the students, well...

[spoiler=Misc. Information]- He loves tea, and can recite all of its chemical components at a moment's notice.
- He practices martial arts during duels too, and it's mostly defense-oriented, composed of throws and misdirections, similar to judo and ju-jitsu.

[spoiler=Miha Kozaky - The Rich Arsonist]

cm__underling_icon_by_adricarra-d92i4sw.

"Ahah... Whaaat? You? WIN? Don't make me laugh, punk. You oughta just stop dueling with how you roll! Quit while you're behind!"

Name: Miha Uling Kozaky

~- - - - - -~

[spoiler=Physical Description]

603c101a565fafb9f0356b943cd0c2b3.png

The most surprising thing about Miha is... well... that's hard to pinpoint. Some would say its her sallow, almost grey skin- a result from rarely heading outside and instead sticking to the indoors until the moon rises- others would say its her contrasting, neon green hair- something that stands out by its unnatural colour. Others would say its her thin yet powerful body- it's the shape of someone naturally thin, yet who has had quite some time training their body, like she's used to rock climbing. Others would say it's her height. While not unnaturally tall or short, given her snarky attitude and rudeness, you'd expect her to be shorter or taller, and yet her height's pretty average, standing at a strong 5'7".

While she's not seen too often outside of her classes, when she is, she's nearly always seen wearing this outfit, though, she prefers to wear a black tank-top over her bra, given such nudity wouldn't be allowed in a school facility. Some would say it's idiotic for her to be dressed so suspiciously, but she figures the more generically suspicious she looks, the better her chances at avoiding capture, as police would never look in the most obvious of spots.

Yeah, thinking isn't her strong suit. 

[spoiler=Personality]

There's no denying it- she's an outright brat. She's rude, foul-mouthed, and rarely seems to do her homework. All she ever does is fiddle with her deck in class, and fight with the teachers when they bother her. This, unfortunately, has gotten in trouble many, many a time. She's constantly arguing with authority, hating anyone being able to control her in any way, shape, or form. While she claims to only want to "spread her wings and fly free", truth be told she simply wants free reign to destroy and mangle whatever she wants. That's the reason she carries around that bat. While she's never seen with it in the daylight, she's exceptionally capable with it, and isn't afraid to use it...

However, there's more to this bad girl than bad manners and control issues. Truth be told, on the inside, she's confused. Not in the sense that she has no idea what she's doing- oh no, she'd have to be a complete imbecile to be like that- but in the sense that she has no idea why what she's been doing hasn't gotten her what she wants. Truth be told, on the inside, she's a good person. Outgoing. Carefree. Jovial. And yet she smothers all this with vile words and cruel actions to make herself out to be the bad guy, when what she should be is a kind, helping hand to others. She fights these feelings every day, and takes a good chunk out of first period to get herself in the angry, grumpy mood she's always seen in, as she forces herself to remember why she's doing this. If she isn't the bad girl she needs to be, she'll never get what she really wants!

Still, she draws lines. She'll never physically harm someone, at least not if they won't harm her. For some reason, she just can't ditch that little spark of kindness within her. However, most would say this is counteracted by the fact she lacks foresight. She never seems to understand how far her actions can take her, and that it was her actions that landed her in Blue Yonder in the first place. In fact, nowadays, she completely ignores how others feel when she's bragging to them about how badly she beat them at Dueling, and even says that if they lost to someone like her, who can't even bring out the full power of her deck yet, then they should just quit while they're behind.

Then, ya know, she'll give them that generic evil villain laugh and strut off.

She may try to act like the villain, but in truth, if she were part of an organization, she'd just be an underling. A grunt, if you would. A grunt with an attitude, mind you, but a grunt no less, which is why people hate her, but don't always take her seriously, especially given her terrible grades. 

[spoiler=Deck]

Dark World Dragons - Miha, in order to keep up her evil streak, runs a powerful deck known as Dark Worlds. It's a pretty well-known deck that adores being discarded from the hand to activate powerful effects from drawing more cards, to clearing your opponent's field, to even bringing powerful monsters back from the Grave. Their most powerful monster, Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World, is the best known card, since it's a powerful fiend that can bring itself back from the Grave near-endlessly thanks to its ability. She also runs a few other monsters and spells to speed up the deck, and she even runs a few Dragon-type monsters known as the "Armed Dragons" that help her gain advantage, and while she can Synchro, she rarely does it, as she has very few tuners in her deck, and it's hard for her to get out the necessary cards to summon Blood Mefist.

NOTE: Due to story reasons, Miha cannot use the following cards until specified within the RP: Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark WorldDark Armed DragonChaos Armed Dragon

Her ace monsters are powerful back-up cards that usually aren't as powerful as Grapha, but are useful in just about any duel. Her most powerful of the bunch are Blood Mefist, Shadowed Armed Dragon, and Lucent, Netherlord of Dark World.

[spoiler=Custom Cards] 

MONSTERS:

Shadowed Armed Dragon

DARK Attribute / Dragon-type (Effect) / Level 5

Effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand to the field only if you have three or more DARK Attribute monsters in your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summed, shuffle all DARK monsters in your Graveyard into your deck. Once per turn, you can send one DARK Attribute monster from your deck to the Graveyard except "Shadowed Armed Dragon"; deal damage to your opponent equal to this monster's Level x200, but if you do, your monsters cannot declare attacks this turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can banish it, then; add one "Dark Armed Dragon" from your deck to your hand OR: send up to 3 DARK Attribute monsters from your deck to the Graveyard except "Shadowed Armed Dragon". You can only control one "Shadowed Armed Dragon" at a time.

ATK 2300/DEF 800

SPELLS:

Armaments

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If the Summon conditions are right for a Level 5 or higher DARK Attribute "Armed Dragon" monfster, you may add it to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add one "Armed Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use one effect of "Armaments" per turn and only once that turn.

Draconic Destruction Field

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: All Dragon-type Monsters on your side of the field gain 100 Attack points. Each time a card is banished, you gain 500 Life Points. You can only activate one of the following effects once per turn. You can only control one "Draconic Destruction Field" at a time. You can only Special Summon monsters from the Graveyard the turn you activate any of these effects.

*Send one DARK Attribute Dragon-type Monster from your deck to the Graveyard.
*Draw one card, and reveal it. If it's not Dragon-type, you can discard one card in your hand.
*If you control no monsters, you can add one Level 5 or lower "Armed Dragon" card from your deck to your hand.

Enhanced Darkness
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: You can target one face-up DARK Attribute monster you control: it gains 500 attack points but can't attack your opponent directly this turn and is returned to the hand at the end of the turn. If it destroys an opponent's monster this turn, you can add one Level 7 or higher DARK Attribute Dragon-type Monster from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, except for the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card; add up to three removed from play DARK Attribute monsters to your Graveyard. You can only activate one "Enhanced Darkness" per turn.

OTHER:

Chaotic Divide
Ritual Spell Card
Effect: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Chaos Armed Dragon" from your hand to the field. In order to Ritual Summon the selected monster, you must tribute monsters from your side of the field or in your hand whose total levels equal or are greater than the selected monster. If you tribute either "Dark Armed Dragon" or "Bright Armed Dragon" in order to summon the selected monster, it cannot attack this turn, but it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects and its summon cannot be negated. If you would banish a card(s) to activate a Dragon-type monster's effect, you can treat this as one of the cards needed. You can only use one effect of "Chaotic Divide" per turn and only once that turn.

Chaos Armed Dragon
LIGHT Attribute / Dragon-type (Ritual-Effect) / Level 10
Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned / Set. Must be Special Summoned with the card "Chaotic Divide" and cannot be Summoned any other way. This card is also DARK Attribute while on the field or in the Graveyard. You can only control one "Chaos Armed Dragon", and you cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you Special Summon this monster. Once per turn, you can target one Level 7 or lower Dragon-type monster in your Graveyard: add that card to your hand. Once per turn, you can send one Level 7 or lower Dragon-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can banish one Dragon-type monster from your Graveyard; target and destroy up to two cards on the field. This card is banished when it leaves the field.
ATK 3000 /DEF 1200

[spoiler=Biography] 

Born into a higher-up family, with her father being a member of Control, it's pretty easy to see that Miha's had a very easy life. As a matter of fact, it's this easy life and great deal of love from her mother that led to her initially kind nature as a child, growing up to be a very kind young woman. As a young child, she would help her mother whenever she could, and greet her father whenever he came home with a respectful, love filled hug. She could always be seen smiling about her fortunate situation that was her life, and never seemed to have any issues, both mentally and physically. Even socially, while a tad bit shy, she was well mannered and respected by the fair lot who knew her. She was, essentially, the "perfect" child, with a rebellious streak here and there- but then again, that was normal for children, wasn't it? 

At the age of ten, however, was when her "perfection" ended. She started bad-mouthing her parents- in the privacy of their home, of course- and outright refusing to do anything they said. It was a rebellious streak that they'd never seen before. She simply began to act brattish and snooty, as if this entire time she were simply putting on an act, as to inherit her grandfather's deck- his Dark World deck- and become a duelist. And indeed, at the age of nine, she'd been given it, but if that was her plan, then why didn't she simply rebel then? After all, those cards have a knack of always ending up back with whom they belong... so what was up with her? At first, her parents believed it was the deck's fault- I mean, a group of Fiend-type, DARK Attribute monsters who were from a world known simply as the Dark World? They were just asking to be suspicious. And yet, if that was the case, then why would it have taken her a year to fully become this wretched?

The truth was, it wasn't the cards' faults, the parents' faults, or anyone else's fault but the child's. Miha, with her jet-black, oily hair and sallow skin, was the female replica of their long-gone ancestor Kozaky- the legendary human scientist who studied the suspected Dark World. She learned about his endeavors, and his lust for the Dark World to be true, before suddenly disappearing after siring a single child. At the end of that child's life, they created a set of Duel Monsters based off of their father's work and notes- the Dark World monsters. More work was done on the creatures, and relation was even discovered between them and the Armed Dragons Miha found in her Grandfather's deck.

Believing the monsters to have taken her ancestor away, she figured that in order to do her Granfather proud, she had to become as evil as the creatures in her deck, as she suspected that the reason he'd never become a master duelist was because of the fact he never knew how to use the deck to its full potential. She figured that if she became as evil as the creatures who kidnapped Kozaky (to her assumption as a nine year old), then she could make her beloved Grandfather and Kozaky (which was her first Duel Monster card) proud. So, after devising this plan, she slacked on her grades, dyed her hair a neon green to go against her family tradition of natural beauty, and never left their home for any reason, to make herself look more like Kozaky. And yet... despite this... she somehow kept herself in shape.

When she was getting her first (and so far only) piercing, her mother couldn't help but tell what good shape her daughter was in, despite having abandoned the outside world. It was like she spent all her free time climbing her home's walls. Suspicious, she began to watch her daughter more carefully. Sometimes, she'd come downstairs and if her mother looked closely, her wrists would be black- either with a bruise or with a burn. When questioned, Miha would simply mention that thanks to the SVN being too realistic and burning her, or that she simply "tripped". Every now and again, her mother would find the baseball bat you see in her picture lying around her room, sometimes charred as well. Until the first publicized incident, she thought that her daughter simply used it to help wrangle her Dark World monsters. Oh how wrong she was.

~- - - - -~

Time skip to Miha's fourteenth birthday. As with all her birthdays since she turned ten, she again asked for a new lighter. And only a new lighter. No new dress. No new cards. Just a lighter. It didn't have to be gold-encrusted, or made of platinum. It just had to function. Her parents had always wondered why their daughter loved them so much, as whenever she received one, she showered them with love an affection- something they had grown used to not seeing. Unfortunately, only two nights after they'd given her the lighter, they finally pieced everything together, and were incredibly disappointed to find out what their daughter used their lighters for.

That night, a news program came on depicting a large fire started on the outskirts of the city. Horrified, the mother went upstairs to check on their daughter, and to see if she'd seen what was going on. However, when she entered her room, she noticed four things missing. Her daughter. The bat. The deck.

And the lighter.

Nothing was said when their daughter came home. She'd barely avoided capture, that they knew, and a large bribe was paid to the police officials to keep them from exposing their daughter. Along with this, they told them they'd get her enrolled in Blue Yonder, as that place had a reputation of changing people- usually for the better. While a few more Miha started fires popped up every now and again, every time, they paid off their daughter's arson, and paid to have the places fixed, making their family look like saving graces rather than the harborers of a criminal. Thus, it was a surprise to see that later that year that Miha was being forced out of the Kozaky home- almost like a criminal- and being sent off to Blue Yonder. While the parents looked greatly pained, moreso than that, the look on their faces...

It was relief.

~- - - - -~

Ever since that first fire, Miha's been unable to unlock the full potential of her deck. She's never been able to draw Grapha, even when she's put him at the top of her deck, or Dark Armed Dragon or Chaos Armed Dragon. She hasn't even been able to draw Kozaky. And she can't figure out why. It frustrates her every day at Blue Yonder, and that frustration's what's earned her the reputation she has at the boarding school- the class grump, never there to do work, always there to make your life miserable. And yet, despite this, she's been seen being at least somewhat kind to some of the smaller students, especially after becoming a sophomore. It seems like Blue Yonder's been doing its job, and yet despite this, to all upperclassmen and to her peers, teachers, and equals, she's just as cruel and rude to them as ever.

Unbeknownst to her, her grandfather hadn't spent the years he had whilst in control of the Dark Worlds failing at becoming a Duel Champion- heck, he'd never even set his eyes on the title. He'd spent them turning the Dark World monsters in Miha's deck away from evil. While they'd never been inherently evil, they could be quite cruel and control-less in battle, and he remedied that by solely acting as a gentleman, hoping his good actions would influence his monsters. And they did. So much so, that his favourite cards- Grapha, Dark Armed, and Chaos Armed- became kind, even while in battle, never attacking an opponent whose already been knocked down, and finish monsters off as quickly and efficiently as possible. In this sense, even though Miha isn't superstitious, it may be possible that the Grandfather left a bit of himself behind in his monsters, and that's why they refuse to be used by Miha, or even drawn by her.

[spoiler=Misc. Information]

*Despite being a good duelist, her and dueling have a love-hate relationship. She loves the feeling of winning and gloating over her defeated foes angry forms, but hates actually dueling, because it's only here that her insecurities about herself show, as she has a hard time ordering her monsters to attack her foe directly, since she feels that she herself is hurting them.

*Even though she claims to not believe in ghosts and the like, she wholeheartedly believes that the soul of her ancestor- Kozaky- lives in her Kozaky card, and she cherishes it with all her heart. (It's her favourite card.)

*She's an exceptional runner and climber, thanks to her years committing arson and running to get away from it. Despite this, she's poor with foresight, formulating plans, or following long, difficult instructions. It's because of her inability to think ahead and her terrible memory from staying up late studying her cards that these problems exist.

*Is undecided on whether she likes men or women more.

*She inherited her duel outfit (minus the bra) from her favourite childhood video game, and that's the same reason that her favourite animals are mice.

*Terrible at defining tastes and the like. In a way, one might say she's taste-blind. All she knows is that vegetables have the same, tangy taste as blood, and she hates them. Conversely, she's able to taste sour foods, which is why she loves them.

~- - - - - -~

Main Theme: The Rich Arsonist - Pokemon RBY Team Rocket Hideout (Jazz Arangement)

Battle! Theme: Vs! Miha, Inheritor of Dark World - Giovanni Battle Theme (Pokemon Dark Violet Remix)

Boss Summon Theme: "I've hit my stride, punk/broad!" - Team Rocket Battle Theme Remix (Pokemon G/S [HG/SS])

Boss Defeat Theme: "Grr! I-I'm not backing down, punk/broad!" - Team Rocket Battle Theme Remix (Pokemon GSC)

COMPLETED.

[spoiler=Balthazar Gilliad]
Name: Balthazar Gilliad
Physical Description:

abyss28eq9.jpg

Balthy is a tall, wiry individual, standing at six feet and one inch, though he is only one hundred and twenty pounds. He bears a constantly winking face, often bearing a sly grin, eyes a bright blue under shaggy blond hair. He wears black, white, and orange often, usually a jumpsuit, as well as a pair of yellow-framed goggles atop his head, which he'll often wear over his eyes when he duels. He also wears a pair of thick, gripping brown gloves and brown boots.

Personality: Balthazar, or "Balthy" as he is usually called, is a cheerful, excitable lad who is always bursting with energy. A good-natured boy, Balthy is very kind to most people, barring those he feels have wronged him or others, his infectious happiness his most prevalent feature. He considers himself a stand-up guy, very much wanting to be the type of person people go to for help, someone they depend on and like. He strives to come off as confident and reassuring, though he's quite frenetic mentally and has a hard time paying attention to most things for long periods of time. He hates seeing others be bullied, and does his best to intervene.
Impulsive but intelligent, Balthy is very adept at tinkering with various bits of machinery. He strives to one day work on the engines that keep Ambrosia afloat, as well as the Solid Vision system that runs through it.

Deck:
Balthazar uses the Dinomists, great machines in the shape of Dinosaurs. Using the ability to Pendulum Summon multiple strong monsters in a turn, he can overrun his opponent by sheer force, a force that is sustainable by use of his Pendulum effects to protect his monsters, while cards like Dinomist Charge keeps his deck going. His ace card is the powerful Dinomist Spinos, a mighty beast capable of dealing massive amounts of damage, but he considers all his monsters equally important.

Custom Cards:
Dinomist Pachyceph
Level 4 Pendulum, Machine, WATER
Scale 6
Once, while this card is in your Pendulum Zone, you can negate an activated card effect that targets another "Dinomist" card(s) you control, then destroy this card.
- - - - - - -
When a "Dinomist" monster you control declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate the effects of Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
1900/200

Dinomist Allos
Level 5 Pendulum, Machine, WATER
Scale 3
If another "Dinomist" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effects, you can destroy this card instead.
- - - - - - -
Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 other "Dinomist" monster you control, then activate one of these effects:
* Shuffle 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls into the Deck.
* Return 1 Spell or Trap on the field to it's owner's hand.
2200/1850

Dinomist Velocal
Scale 6
Once, while this card is in your Pendulum Zone, you can negate an activated card effect that targets another "Dinomist" card(s) you control, then destroy this card.
- - - - - - -
If you control "Dinomist" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned, monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK for every "Dinomist" card you control, until the End Phase.
1900/1100

Dinomist Parasaur
Scale 3
If another "Dinomist" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect(s), you can destroy this card instead.
- - - - - - -
"Dinomist" cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be the target of your opponent's Monster effects.
1500/1600

Dinomist Steam Carrier
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated, you can return 1 "Dinomist" Pendulum Monster face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand. Once per turn, when a face-up "Dinomist" monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can negate that attack, and if you do, destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect, place the attacked "Dinomist" monster in your Pendulum Zone, and if you cannot: Take 1000 damage.

Dinomist Blowout
Normal Trap
When a "Dinomist" card(s) you control is destroyed, return 1 "Dinomist" card from your Graveyard or Extra Deck to your hand.

Dinomist Power Surge
Continuous Trap
Face-up "Dinomist" monsters gain 100 ATK for every "Dinomist" card you control. If a "Dinomist" card(s) you control is destroyed, you can send this card to the Graveyard during the End Phase: Draw 1 card.

Biography: Balthy grew up in one of the smaller town sectors of Ambrosia, outside the main city, until he was eleven years old. During this time, Balthy grew being a massive fan of the game Duel Monsters, though his low income family didn't offer him the opportunity to get many good cards. His deck was more a mishmash of the best cards he could find, though he appeared to have a talent for it.
His family would move to the main city of Ambrosia soon after he turned eleven for his mother's work, and he was excited to now be living in such a bustling city. He tried dueling with some of the local kids, but he was instead challenged by some older boys, boys who easily beat him and any of the other kids his age, taking the cards of anyone they beat. Balthy challenged one of them at least once a day, stubbornly trying to win as he forfeited more and more cards with each loss. He couldn't compete with the powerful Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters his opponents had, not having the money to obtain any for himself. He then learned of a different kind of monster: The Pendulum monster, a series of cards that were considerably easier to get one's hands on.
He searched for Pendulum cards, temporarily not dueling until he could assemble some, the older boys assuming he had given up. He eventually found his first: The Dinomist Pteran card. He instantly loved it, it's appearance speaking to him due to it's nature as a Machine-Type and it's futuristic look. Finding that the Dinomists weren't often-played cards (and were thus not difficult to locate), he was soon able to assemble a working deck, having it complete after about a year. He challenged one of the older boys again, and this time was on far more equal ground. The duel was interrupted, however, when he used Pteran to fly to try and find Action Cards, and ended up flying too high and falling off. He landed in a pond, surviving but injuring himself when he landed. He was rushed to hospital, where he made a recovery, proud he had at least managed to give a good duel before it ended. His opponent actually visited him in hospital, and suggested he attend Blue Yonder, admiring the kid's guts and how he had learned Pendulum Summoning very well at a young age.
Balthy took that advice, starting attending the school two years later. He was seen as a very bright and promising duelist, and his mastery of his deck has only grown, while he also hones his skills as a mechanic as well.
Misc. Information: Balthy is a skilled mechanic, able to tinker with and fix items such as cars and small electronics.

Theme - https://youtube.com/watch?v=6y_NJg-xoeE

Urgh, double-posts. Whatever, I'm just here to drop off a third app.

[spoiler=The Sweetest Chef]

y2gkEpK.jpg

"Food for the stomach, that is easy to find. Now, food for the soul is different story..."

Name: Bronislav Retyunskikh

[spoiler=Appearance]lGFc0nM.jpg

Bronislav is a virtual giant of a man, standing at 7'1" and being a 254-pound wall of muscle. His build is best described as though he were carved out of a slab of stone, with defined features, large hands, and a smooth head. No hair grows from the top of Bronislav's head, but he does have thick eyebrows and a large mustache. While on the clock he wears a rather usual-looking chef's uniform. Otherwise, he's known to sport brown suits with a dark blue tie.

[spoiler=Personality]

If there's one teacher at Blue Yonder who will happily set aside time for each and every student, it's Bronislav Retyunskikh. To him, the students are everything. They're the reason he has a job at Blue Yonder, the ones who come to his class ready to learn, and most importantly, they're the future of Ambrosia. As such, he approaches each with the respect and love they are due, much like a gourmet meal in the process of being cooked. Even when being stern with students, a smile seldom leaves Bronislav's face.

Bronislav has a notably fatherly nature wherein the students would be his children; he's not only willing to help every single student with their problems as best he can, but happy to. He would most likely be the first one to step forward to listen if somebody needed to speak. Of course, if they did something wrong, Bronislav won't hesitate to tell them what they did and what the consequences will be. With that said, it takes a very serious offense to take the smile off Bronislav's face; most of the time he'll simply laugh it off and warmly tell the student what's what.

After the students, Bronislav's second love is food. Preparing it, cooking it, serving it, and of course eating it. He aspires to live a long life so he can enjoy countless dishes to come, and as such makes a point to eat a balanced diet as well as getting regular exercise. He always goes to sleep at a decent hour, brushes his teeth three times a day, and makes a point to ensure his mustache is always well-groomed. And of course, he urges his students to make these healthy life choices as well.

[spoiler=Biography]

Bronislav comes from one of the small towns of Ambrosia as opposed to the big city. In his childhood, distinct memories of his mother's top-notch cooking always gave him the idea that he wanted to be a chef when he grew up. Being able to not only make delicious food and eat it, but to also let others try it out, sounded wonderful to him. He grew up fairly normally, learning from his mother until one day he was just about as good in the kitchen as she was. After a few more years in his hometown, Bronislav, age 27 at the time, left for the big city.

With his culinary skills, it was easy to become a teacher at Blue Yonder after proving himself time and again. It was here that he learned the joys of teaching. He still gets to do all the things he wanted to do as a chef, and gets to teach others how to do the same? Talk about a win-win scenario! In the 15 years since, Bronislav has been teaching culinary arts at Blue Yonder Academy.

[spoiler=Deck]

Bronislav duels with a Madolche deck. The Madolche archetype consists of EARTH monsters in varying types that recycle themselves for repeated use as well as specializing in swarming the field to Xyz Summon monsters in Ranks 3 and 4. The deck features a variety of searchers to keep it consistent as well.

[spoiler=Misc]

Duel Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IystbzO_bA

Duel Theme 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnF_3TESu1o

Accepted

Screw it, might as well try this. Probably will add more general characters, and lackeys for the villain if he gets accepted.

Villain app.

[spoiler=The Clinical Creator]

Name: Jacob Spring

[spoiler=Appearance]

Physical Appearance:

MB4MgK8.jpg

A pleasure to meet you...

Jacob is about average height, at 177 cm (5 feet 10 inches), with dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail and trimmed goatee. He usually dresses very formally, and disdains those who dress overly casually. His eyes are dark blue.

[spoiler=Biography]

My past? Nothing interesting, my friend.

Jacob was born to a family of Ambrosia’s working class; however he was not destined to stay there. His parents ran a small criminal gang that focused on the theft of powerful cards and even bribing or beating up card creators to make custom cards for their clients. They enlisted Jacob at age 10 to work as a spy on card creators by befriending their children. Jacob allowed them to hold the kids ransom without them even realising it, sky rocketing the profits. Jacob’s minor role in the operations left him unsatisfied, at least until he met Nicholas Dream.

The elder brother of Jacob’s current ‘friend’, Nicholas was just as bent as Jacob and his parents. He came to know of Jacob’s background and offered him a deal: betray his parents, become his apprentice and they could become wealthier beyond their wildest dream. Jacob agreed.

His parents imprisoned for life, Jacob began to work as Nicholas’s apprentice and they’re clientele changed dramatically. Instead of thugs and criminals, they began to cater to the upper classes. A champion’s signature card was becoming outdated? No problem, suddenly he has a more powerful form of it. A rich rookie wants a little boost versus a seasoned pro? Here, have a card that shuts down the opponent’s deck! The plan worked perfectly, as the card creators were never suspected, and if they were, Jacob would use his family’s contacts to arrange for a stooge to be set up. Despite their respective skill at designing cards, both Jacob and Nicholas managed to stay quite low on the corporate ladder within the Hatakeyama Corporation.

This went well until four years ago, when Jacob went solo. Nicholas simply disappeared one night. Jacob was accused, but he had a cast iron alibi. Jacob took over, and slowly lessened the flow of custom cards, but bringing the price (and powerlevel) of the cards be quite a margin.

Jacob also brought more people into the inner fold, mostly skilled duelists who had done business with him, but a few he had scouted out himself. For reasons often speculated upon by his associates, Jacob has taken an interest in adding younger duelists to his roster, through use of his agents in schools. This year, he has decided to send people to infiltrate the biggest prize of all: Blue Yonder...

[spoiler=Deck]

I have no time for this!

Deck: Jacob uses a Blue-eyes deck, focusing on summoning the powerful Blue-Eyes White Dragon and its Extra Deck counterparts to crush the opponent as quickly and efficiently as possible. He brings them out with the “with Eyes of Blue” and some generic , and also makes use of a couple of Rank 8s.

Ace cards: Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon, Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy.

[spoiler=Personality]

Personality: Jacob is devoted to his work, both legal and illegal. He often works late into the night at his office, testing out new cards or conceptualising them, before driving to his home where he manages conferences with his lieutenants and oversees the selection of new clients, before starting the whole thing again. As such, this intense work schedule often makes Jacob easily irritable, but he is careful to ensure this doesn’t interfere with his work.

Jacob has an eye for duelists or decks with potential, and has no qualms about how he gets that potential on his side. He is very charismatic, and is comfortable with people no matter their background. He is also very persuasive, capable of making people see things in a completely different light. Unlike a lot of criminals, Jacob works hard to ensure he maintains a good standing with his lackeys and few of them would willingly rat him out.

Unusually for Ambrosia, Jacob has no great love for Duel Monsters and views it as a tool- albiet one that is very effective and satisfying when used properly- to amassing wealth and power.

Denied. The app is fine, but the character doesn't fit the setting and plot we have.

[spoiler=Professor Noriyuki Hanzo, the martial biologist]Name: Hanzo Noriyuki

[spoiler=Physical Description]PSpICrr.jpg?1

Professor Hanzo is a tall, slim man with an imperturbably serene air around him. He's never seen outside of his usual jacket, which manages to be just that slightly different from the norm as to perfectly complete the eccentric image his hairstyle and fake glasses give off.

The only time he changes outfit is when he's doing his practice sessions of martial arts, during which he wears a simple judogi.

[spoiler=Personality]Professor Noriyuki Hanzo tends to give off the image of a kind, quirky and scholarly man. He manages to somehow be simultaneously extremely excitable and enthusiastic as well as very calm and serene.

And that is, in fact, how he really is. He loves his subject and is passionate about teaching it, although he's hopelessly clueless when it comes to understanding his students or his coworkers at times. He is kind of the stereotypical forgetful genius, but he's not just passionate about biology. He is, in fact, a prolific martial artist, having learned numerous styles and merged some of them based on his peculiar philosophy derived from a weird mix of confucianism, tao precepts, humanism and his own knowledge of molecular biology.

He is convinced that every person is in fact capable of fulfilling great potentials, and that understanding the inner workings of humans is the first step in understanding where your potential resides, which is why he always tries to challenge his students during his lessons, though he still has problems conceiving the idea that someone might not be as passionate as he is about his subject.

He also tries to never approach students outside of the classroom, not because he doesn't want to help them, but because he believes that if there is something they need of him, they should be the ones asking, as they are already old enough to understand this simple principle. He thinks this not out of annoyance, but mostly because he still doesn't reading people very intuitive. Despite this, he is full of good will towards others, and will always try to help when he's asked.

[spoiler=Deck]Naturia: a control based deck that uses Synchro and Xyz monsters. It works by summoning small monsters from the deck to gather resources, and then using them to summon the bigger monsters. The bigger bosses are actually fusions of their synchros or Xyz. Sometimes, he also mixes in other Plant or Insect monsters from unrelated archetypes to exploit Naturia Sacred Tree.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]Naturia Boletus

oTBPOct.jpg

Level 3 EARTH

Plant/Tuner

Lore: If this card is sent from your Deck or hand to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Naturia" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Naturia" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. You can only use one of the effects of "Naturia Boletus" per turn, and only once that turn.

0 ATK/1800 DEF

mtJ2ZpT.jpg

Rank 3 EARTH

Insect/Xyz/Effect

Lore: 2 Level 3 "Naturia" monsters

(This card is considered a Plant-type Level 3 monster when it is on the Field, but it cannot be used for Synchro o Xyz Summons)

While you control another Plant-type monster, this card cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects by your opponent. While you control another Insect-type monster, you can detach one Xyz material from this card to Normal Summon a "Naturia" monster in addition to the Normal Summon of your turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can return a "Naturia" monster from your Graveyard to the Deck: Special Summon a "Naturia" monster with a different name from your Deck.

ATK 1800/DEF 700

Naturia Fern

Level 2 EARTH

Plant/Effect

Lore: If this card is Special Summoned, place 1 Spore Counter on it. During either player's turn, you can remove 1 Spore Counter from this card to negate the effect of a card on the field. If this card is Normal Summoned or sent to the Graveyard while it has a Spore Counter on it, you can Special Summon 1 Plant-type monster from your Graveyard, except "Naturia Fern".

ATK 100/DEF 1400

Naturia Orchid

Level 5 EARTH

Plant/Effect

Lore: If you have already Normal Summoned a "Naturia" monster in this turn, you can Tribute Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a "Naturia" monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Naturia" monster from your Graveyard. Both players cannot add cards to their hands except during the Draw Phase.

Naturia Forest Depths

Field Spell

Lore: When you activate this card, you can add 1 "Naturia" card from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn, if your opponent activates a card effect, you can send a "Naturia" card of the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap) from your field to the Graveyard (even if it's face-down): negate the activation and effect of your opponent's card and destroy it. You can use this effect of "Naturia Forest Depths" only twice per turn.

[spoiler=Biography]Noriyuki hasn't always been the serene academic with a fixation for inner peace and tea he is today. In fact, in his youth he used to be very antisocial, moody and rebellious, to the point where he had almost risked being hauled off to a special needs children's program, which in Ambrosia is pretty much one step above a juvenile detention center. His relationship with his parents never was great, and he actually found out they were former members of Control only when he hit 20. Around that time, he started researching history about before the Great Destruction: he was fascinated by the descriptions of life on the surface, and started desiring to see it. He studied and got a PhD in biology, hoping to obtain a grant for researches on the surface. He petitioned left and right, even asked his parents to pull some strings, ask contacts they had in Control, but nothing. Resigned and bitter, he took up teaching in order to pay the bills. At first, he was hesitant, but he gradually started accepting the situation, and convinced himself that if he couldn't go to the surface one day, then maybe one of his students could. Convinced that only a new generation of independent, curious souls in peace with themselves and the world would be able to pursue their goals, he started studying philosophy and martial arts, finally finding some semblance of peace.

He has been teaching at Blue Yonder academy for fifteen years now, and while he still isn't anywhere near his dream yet, he has become a familiar and beloved presence for the other professors. For the students, well...

[spoiler=Misc. Information]- He loves tea, and can recite all of its chemical components at a moment's notice.

- He practices martial arts during duels too, and it's mostly defense-oriented, composed of throws and misdirections, similar to judo and ju-jitsu.

accepted

[spoiler=Miha Kozaky - The Rich Arsonist]

cm__underling_icon_by_adricarra-d92i4sw.

"Ahah... Whaaat? You? WIN? Don't make me laugh, punk. You oughta just stop dueling with how you roll! Quit while you're behind!"

Name: Miha Uling Kozaky

~- - - - - -~

603c101a565fafb9f0356b943cd0c2b3.png

The most surprising thing about Miha is... well... that's hard to pinpoint. Some would say its her sallow, almost grey skin- a result from rarely heading outside and instead sticking to the indoors until the moon rises- others would say its her contrasting, neon green hair- something that stands out by its unnatural colour. Others would say its her thin yet powerful body- it's the shape of someone naturally thin, yet who has had quite some time training their body, like she's used to rock climbing. Others would say it's her height. While not unnaturally tall or short, given her snarky attitude and rudeness, you'd expect her to be shorter or taller, and yet her height's pretty average, standing at a strong 5'7".

While she's not seen too often outside of her classes, when she is, she's nearly always seen wearing this outfit, though, she prefers to wear a black tank-top over her bra, given such nudity wouldn't be allowed in a school facility. Some would say it's idiotic for her to be dressed so suspiciously, but she figures the more generically suspicious she looks, the better her chances at avoiding capture, as police would never look in the most obvious of spots.

Yeah, thinking isn't her strong suit. 

[spoiler=Personality]

There's no denying it- she's an outright brat. She's rude, foul-mouthed, and rarely seems to do her homework. All she ever does is fiddle with her deck in class, and fight with the teachers when they bother her. This, unfortunately, has gotten in trouble many, many a time. She's constantly arguing with authority, hating anyone being able to control her in any way, shape, or form. While she claims to only want to "spread her wings and fly free", truth be told she simply wants free reign to destroy and mangle whatever she wants. That's the reason she carries around that bat. While she's never seen with it in the daylight, she's exceptionally capable with it, and isn't afraid to use it...

However, there's more to this bad girl than bad manners and control issues. Truth be told, on the inside, she's confused. Not in the sense that she has no idea what she's doing- oh no, she'd have to be a complete imbecile to be like that- but in the sense that she has no idea why what she's been doing hasn't gotten her what she wants. Truth be told, on the inside, she's a good person. Outgoing. Carefree. Jovial. And yet she smothers all this with vile words and cruel actions to make herself out to be the bad guy, when what she should be is a kind, helping hand to others. She fights these feelings every day, and takes a good chunk out of first period to get herself in the angry, grumpy mood she's always seen in, as she forces herself to remember why she's doing this. If she isn't the bad girl she needs to be, she'll never get what she really wants!

Still, she draws lines. She'll never physically harm someone, at least not if they won't harm her. For some reason, she just can't ditch that little spark of kindness within her. However, most would say this is counteracted by the fact she lacks foresight. She never seems to understand how far her actions can take her, and that it was her actions that landed her in Blue Yonder in the first place. In fact, nowadays, she completely ignores how others feel when she's bragging to them about how badly she beat them at Dueling, and even says that if they lost to someone like her, who can't even bring out the full power of her deck yet, then they should just quit while they're behind.

Then, ya know, she'll give them that generic evil villain laugh and strut off.

She may try to act like the villain, but in truth, if she were part of an organization, she'd just be an underling. A grunt, if you would. A grunt with an attitude, mind you, but a grunt no less, which is why people hate her, but don't always take her seriously, especially given her terrible grades. 

[spoiler=Deck]

Dark World Dragons - Miha, in order to keep up her evil streak, runs a powerful deck known as Dark Worlds. It's a pretty well-known deck that adores being discarded from the hand to activate powerful effects from drawing more cards, to clearing your opponent's field, to even bringing powerful monsters back from the Grave. Their most powerful monster, Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World, is the best known card, since it's a powerful fiend that can bring itself back from the Grave near-endlessly thanks to its ability. She also runs a few other monsters and spells to speed up the deck, and she even runs a few Dragon-type monsters known as the "Armed Dragons" that help her gain advantage, and while she can Synchro, she rarely does it, as she has very few tuners in her deck, and it's hard for her to get out the necessary cards to summon Blood Mefist.

NOTE: Due to story reasons, Miha cannot use the following cards until specified within the RP: Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark WorldDark Armed DragonChaos Armed Dragon

Her ace monsters are powerful back-up cards that usually aren't as powerful as Grapha, but are useful in just about any duel. Her most powerful of the bunch are Blood Mefist, Shadowed Armed Dragon, and Lucent, Netherlord of Dark World.

[spoiler=Custom Cards] 

MONSTERS:

Shadowed Armed Dragon

DARK Attribute / Dragon-type (Effect) / Level 5

Effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand to the field only if you have three or more DARK Attribute monsters in your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summed, shuffle all DARK monsters in your Graveyard into your deck. Once per turn, you can send one DARK Attribute monster from your deck to the Graveyard except "Shadowed Armed Dragon"; deal damage to your opponent equal to this monster's Level x200, but if you do, your monsters cannot declare attacks this turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can banish it, then; add one "Dark Armed Dragon" from your deck to your hand OR: send up to 3 DARK Attribute monsters from your deck to the Graveyard except "Shadowed Armed Dragon". You can only control one "Shadowed Armed Dragon" at a time.

ATK 2300/DEF 800

SPELLS:

Armaments

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If the Summon conditions are right for a Level 5 or higher DARK Attribute "Armed Dragon" monfster, you may add it to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add one "Armed Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use one effect of "Armaments" per turn and only once that turn.

Draconic Destruction Field

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: All Dragon-type Monsters on your side of the field gain 100 Attack points. Each time a card is banished, you gain 500 Life Points. You can only activate one of the following effects once per turn. You can only control one "Draconic Destruction Field" at a time. You can only Special Summon monsters from the Graveyard the turn you activate any of these effects.

*Send one DARK Attribute Dragon-type Monster from your deck to the Graveyard.
*Draw one card, and reveal it. If it's not Dragon-type, you can discard one card in your hand.
*If you control no monsters, you can add one Level 5 or lower "Armed Dragon" card from your deck to your hand.

Enhanced Darkness
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: You can target one face-up DARK Attribute monster you control: it gains 500 attack points but can't attack your opponent directly this turn and is returned to the hand at the end of the turn. If it destroys an opponent's monster this turn, you can add one Level 7 or higher DARK Attribute Dragon-type Monster from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, except for the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card; add up to three removed from play DARK Attribute monsters to your Graveyard. You can only activate one "Enhanced Darkness" per turn.

OTHER:

Chaotic Divide
Ritual Spell Card
Effect: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Chaos Armed Dragon" from your hand to the field. In order to Ritual Summon the selected monster, you must tribute monsters from your side of the field or in your hand whose total levels equal or are greater than the selected monster. If you tribute either "Dark Armed Dragon" or "Bright Armed Dragon" in order to summon the selected monster, it cannot attack this turn, but it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects and its summon cannot be negated. If you would banish a card(s) to activate a Dragon-type monster's effect, you can treat this as one of the cards needed. You can only use one effect of "Chaotic Divide" per turn and only once that turn.

Chaos Armed Dragon
LIGHT Attribute / Dragon-type (Ritual-Effect) / Level 10
Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned / Set. Must be Special Summoned with the card "Chaotic Divide" and cannot be Summoned any other way. This card is also DARK Attribute while on the field or in the Graveyard. You can only control one "Chaos Armed Dragon", and you cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you Special Summon this monster. Once per turn, you can target one Level 7 or lower Dragon-type monster in your Graveyard: add that card to your hand. Once per turn, you can send one Level 7 or lower Dragon-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can banish one Dragon-type monster from your Graveyard; target and destroy up to two cards on the field. This card is banished when it leaves the field.
ATK 3000 /DEF 1200

[spoiler=Biography] 

Born into a higher-up family, with her father being a member of Control, it's pretty easy to see that Miha's had a very easy life. As a matter of fact, it's this easy life and great deal of love from her mother that led to her initially kind nature as a child, growing up to be a very kind young woman. As a young child, she would help her mother whenever she could, and greet her father whenever he came home with a respectful, love filled hug. She could always be seen smiling about her fortunate situation that was her life, and never seemed to have any issues, both mentally and physically. Even socially, while a tad bit shy, she was well mannered and respected by the fair lot who knew her. She was, essentially, the "perfect" child, with a rebellious streak here and there- but then again, that was normal for children, wasn't it? 

At the age of ten, however, was when her "perfection" ended. She started bad-mouthing her parents- in the privacy of their home, of course- and outright refusing to do anything they said. It was a rebellious streak that they'd never seen before. She simply began to act brattish and snooty, as if this entire time she were simply putting on an act, as to inherit her grandfather's deck- his Dark World deck- and become a duelist. And indeed, at the age of nine, she'd been given it, but if that was her plan, then why didn't she simply rebel then? After all, those cards have a knack of always ending up back with whom they belong... so what was up with her? At first, her parents believed it was the deck's fault- I mean, a group of Fiend-type, DARK Attribute monsters who were from a world known simply as the Dark World? They were just asking to be suspicious. And yet, if that was the case, then why would it have taken her a year to fully become this wretched?

The truth was, it wasn't the cards' faults, the parents' faults, or anyone else's fault but the child's. Miha, with her jet-black, oily hair and sallow skin, was the female replica of their long-gone ancestor Kozaky- the legendary human scientist who studied the suspected Dark World. She learned about his endeavors, and his lust for the Dark World to be true, before suddenly disappearing after siring a single child. At the end of that child's life, they created a set of Duel Monsters based off of their father's work and notes- the Dark World monsters. More work was done on the creatures, and relation was even discovered between them and the Armed Dragons Miha found in her Grandfather's deck.

Believing the monsters to have taken her ancestor away, she figured that in order to do her Granfather proud, she had to become as evil as the creatures in her deck, as she suspected that the reason he'd never become a master duelist was because of the fact he never knew how to use the deck to its full potential. She figured that if she became as evil as the creatures who kidnapped Kozaky (to her assumption as a nine year old), then she could make her beloved Grandfather and Kozaky (which was her first Duel Monster card) proud. So, after devising this plan, she slacked on her grades, dyed her hair a neon green to go against her family tradition of natural beauty, and never left their home for any reason, to make herself look more like Kozaky. And yet... despite this... she somehow kept herself in shape.

When she was getting her first (and so far only) piercing, her mother couldn't help but tell what good shape her daughter was in, despite having abandoned the outside world. It was like she spent all her free time climbing her home's walls. Suspicious, she began to watch her daughter more carefully. Sometimes, she'd come downstairs and if her mother looked closely, her wrists would be black- either with a bruise or with a burn. When questioned, Miha would simply mention that thanks to the SVN being too realistic and burning her, or that she simply "tripped". Every now and again, her mother would find the baseball bat you see in her picture lying around her room, sometimes charred as well. Until the first publicized incident, she thought that her daughter simply used it to help wrangle her Dark World monsters. Oh how wrong she was.

~- - - - -~

Time skip to Miha's fourteenth birthday. As with all her birthdays since she turned ten, she again asked for a new lighter. And only a new lighter. No new dress. No new cards. Just a lighter. It didn't have to be gold-encrusted, or made of platinum. It just had to function. Her parents had always wondered why their daughter loved them so much, as whenever she received one, she showered them with love an affection- something they had grown used to not seeing. Unfortunately, only two nights after they'd given her the lighter, they finally pieced everything together, and were incredibly disappointed to find out what their daughter used their lighters for.

That night, a news program came on depicting a large fire started on the outskirts of the city. Horrified, the mother went upstairs to check on their daughter, and to see if she'd seen what was going on. However, when she entered her room, she noticed four things missing. Her daughter. The bat. The deck.

And the lighter.

Nothing was said when their daughter came home. She'd barely avoided capture, that they knew, and a large bribe was paid to the police officials to keep them from exposing their daughter. Along with this, they told them they'd get her enrolled in Blue Yonder, as that place had a reputation of changing people- usually for the better. While a few more Miha started fires popped up every now and again, every time, they paid off their daughter's arson, and paid to have the places fixed, making their family look like saving graces rather than the harborers of a criminal. Thus, it was a surprise to see that later that year that Miha was being forced out of the Kozaky home- almost like a criminal- and being sent off to Blue Yonder. While the parents looked greatly pained, moreso than that, the look on their faces...

It was relief.

~- - - - -~

Ever since that first fire, Miha's been unable to unlock the full potential of her deck. She's never been able to draw Grapha, even when she's put him at the top of her deck, or Dark Armed Dragon or Chaos Armed Dragon. She hasn't even been able to draw Kozaky. And she can't figure out why. It frustrates her every day at Blue Yonder, and that frustration's what's earned her the reputation she has at the boarding school- the class grump, never there to do work, always there to make your life miserable. And yet, despite this, she's been seen being at least somewhat kind to some of the smaller students, especially after becoming a sophomore. It seems like Blue Yonder's been doing its job, and yet despite this, to all upperclassmen and to her peers, teachers, and equals, she's just as cruel and rude to them as ever.

Unbeknownst to her, her grandfather hadn't spent the years he had whilst in control of the Dark Worlds failing at becoming a Duel Champion- heck, he'd never even set his eyes on the title. He'd spent them turning the Dark World monsters in Miha's deck away from evil. While they'd never been inherently evil, they could be quite cruel and control-less in battle, and he remedied that by solely acting as a gentleman, hoping his good actions would influence his monsters. And they did. So much so, that his favourite cards- Grapha, Dark Armed, and Chaos Armed- became kind, even while in battle, never attacking an opponent whose already been knocked down, and finish monsters off as quickly and efficiently as possible. In this sense, even though Miha isn't superstitious, it may be possible that the Grandfather left a bit of himself behind in his monsters, and that's why they refuse to be used by Miha, or even drawn by her.

*Despite being a good duelist, her and dueling have a love-hate relationship. She loves the feeling of winning and gloating over her defeated foes angry forms, but hates actually dueling, because it's only here that her insecurities about herself show, as she has a hard time ordering her monsters to attack her foe directly, since she feels that she herself is hurting them.

*Even though she claims to not believe in ghosts and the like, she wholeheartedly believes that the soul of her ancestor- Kozaky- lives in her Kozaky card, and she cherishes it with all her heart. (It's her favourite card.)

*She's an exceptional runner and climber, thanks to her years committing arson and running to get away from it. Despite this, she's poor with foresight, formulating plans, or following long, difficult instructions. It's because of her inability to think ahead and her terrible memory from staying up late studying her cards that these problems exist.

*Is undecided on whether she likes men or women more.

*She inherited her duel outfit (minus the bra) from her favourite childhood video game, and that's the same reason that her favourite animals are mice.

*Terrible at defining tastes and the like. In a way, one might say she's taste-blind. All she knows is that vegetables have the same, tangy taste as blood, and she hates them. Conversely, she's able to taste sour foods, which is why she loves them.

~- - - - - -~

Main Theme: The Rich Arsonist - Pokemon RBY Team Rocket Hideout (Jazz Arangement)

Battle! Theme: Vs! Miha, Inheritor of Dark World - Giovanni Battle Theme (Pokemon Dark Violet Remix)

Boss Summon Theme: "I've hit my stride, punk/broad!" - Team Rocket Battle Theme Remix (Pokemon G/S [HG/SS])

Boss Defeat Theme: "Grr! I-I'm not backing down, punk/broad!" - Team Rocket Battle Theme Remix (Pokemon GSC)

Denied. This character is completely out of place and will not contribute to the plot productively.

COMPLETED.

[spoiler=Balthazar Gilliad]

Name: Balthazar Gilliad

Physical Description:

abyss28eq9.jpg

Balthy is a tall, wiry individual, standing at six feet and one inch, though he is only one hundred and twenty pounds. He bears a constantly winking face, often bearing a sly grin, eyes a bright blue under shaggy blond hair. He wears black, white, and orange often, usually a jumpsuit, as well as a pair of yellow-framed goggles atop his head, which he'll often wear over his eyes when he duels. He also wears a pair of thick, gripping brown gloves and brown boots.

Personality: Balthazar, or "Balthy" as he is usually called, is a cheerful, excitable lad who is always bursting with energy. A good-natured boy, Balthy is very kind to most people, barring those he feels have wronged him or others, his infectious happiness his most prevalent feature. He considers himself a stand-up guy, very much wanting to be the type of person people go to for help, someone they depend on and like. He strives to come off as confident and reassuring, though he's quite frenetic mentally and has a hard time paying attention to most things for long periods of time. He hates seeing others be bullied, and does his best to intervene.

Impulsive but intelligent, Balthy is very adept at tinkering with various bits of machinery. He strives to one day work on the engines that keep Ambrosia afloat, as well as the Solid Vision system that runs through it.

Deck:

Balthazar uses the Dinomists, great machines in the shape of Dinosaurs. Using the ability to Pendulum Summon multiple strong monsters in a turn, he can overrun his opponent by sheer force, a force that is sustainable by use of his Pendulum effects to protect his monsters, while cards like Dinomist Charge keeps his deck going. His ace card is the powerful Dinomist Spinos, a mighty beast capable of dealing massive amounts of damage, but he considers all his monsters equally important.

Custom Cards:

Dinomist Pachyceph

Scale 6

- - - - - - -

When a "Dinomist" monster you control declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate the effects of Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

1900/200

Dinomist Allos

Scale 3

If another "Dinomist" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effects, you can destroy this card instead.

- - - - - - -

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 other "Dinomist" monster you control, then activate one of these effects:

* Shuffle 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls into the Deck.

* Return 1 Spell or Trap on the field to it's owner's hand.

2200/1850

Dinomist Velocal

Scale 6

- - - - - - -

If you control "Dinomist" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned, monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK for every "Dinomist" card you control, until the End Phase.

1900/1100

Dinomist Parasaur

Scale 3

If another "Dinomist" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect(s), you can destroy this card instead.

- - - - - - -

"Dinomist" cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be the target of your opponent's Monster effects.

1500/1600

Dinomist Steam Carrier

Continuous Spell

When this card is activated, you can return 1 "Dinomist" Pendulum Monster face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand. Once per turn, when a face-up "Dinomist" monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can negate that attack, and if you do, destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect, place the attacked "Dinomist" monster in your Pendulum Zone, and if you cannot: Take 1000 damage.

Dinomist Blowout

Normal Trap

When a "Dinomist" card(s) you control is destroyed, return 1 "Dinomist" card from your Graveyard or Extra Deck to your hand.

Dinomist Power Surge

Continuous Trap

Face-up "Dinomist" monsters gain 100 ATK for every "Dinomist" card you control. If a "Dinomist" card(s) you control is destroyed, you can send this card to the Graveyard during the End Phase: Draw 1 card.

Biography: Balthy grew up in one of the smaller town sectors of Ambrosia, outside the main city, until he was eleven years old. During this time, Balthy grew being a massive fan of the game Duel Monsters, though his low income family didn't offer him the opportunity to get many good cards. His deck was more a mishmash of the best cards he could find, though he appeared to have a talent for it.

His family would move to the main city of Ambrosia soon after he turned eleven for his mother's work, and he was excited to now be living in such a bustling city. He tried dueling with some of the local kids, but he was instead challenged by some older boys, boys who easily beat him and any of the other kids his age, taking the cards of anyone they beat. Balthy challenged one of them at least once a day, stubbornly trying to win as he forfeited more and more cards with each loss. He couldn't compete with the powerful Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters his opponents had, not having the money to obtain any for himself. He then learned of a different kind of monster: The Pendulum monster, a series of cards that were considerably easier to get one's hands on.

He searched for Pendulum cards, temporarily not dueling until he could assemble some, the older boys assuming he had given up. He eventually found his first: The Dinomist Pteran card. He instantly loved it, it's appearance speaking to him due to it's nature as a Machine-Type and it's futuristic look. Finding that the Dinomists weren't often-played cards (and were thus not difficult to locate), he was soon able to assemble a working deck, having it complete after about a year. He challenged one of the older boys again, and this time was on far more equal ground. The duel was interrupted, however, when he used Pteran to fly to try and find Action Cards, and ended up flying too high and falling off. He landed in a pond, surviving but injuring himself when he landed. He was rushed to hospital, where he made a recovery, proud he had at least managed to give a good duel before it ended. His opponent actually visited him in hospital, and suggested he attend Blue Yonder, admiring the kid's guts and how he had learned Pendulum Summoning very well at a young age.

Balthy took that advice, starting attending the school two years later. He was seen as a very bright and promising duelist, and his mastery of his deck has only grown, while he also hones his skills as a mechanic as well.

Misc. Information: Balthy is a skilled mechanic, able to tinker with and fix items such as cars and small electronics.

Theme - https://youtube.com/watch?v=6y_NJg-xoeE

retroactively accepted

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=NPC App: The Rainbow-Chaser]

jDDlBWv.jpg
"Guess I've still got a lot to prove...let's get to work, then."

Name: Haruko Wakabayashi

[spoiler=Appearance]iX95DDm.jpg
Standing at a fairly tall 5'7" and weighing 124 pounds, Haruko isn't really the image of an outstanding person in any way. Her appearance is notably normal, with short, dark brown hair and similarly-colored eyes. Her choice in attire is also very normal, albeit a bit more formal than a casual "t-shirt and jeans" outfit. Perhaps the only thing that stands out about her is her bust...or rather, the complete lack thereof.

[spoiler=Personality]
Much unlike the people she associates with, Haruko has no massive ego or out-there fantasies. In fact, she's very calm and down-to-earth, and surprisingly humble. She's a notably peaceful sort, and actively tries to avoid conflict or defuse one that she happens to spot. Arguably the closest thing Haruko has to a trait one should expect from Kimiko's little posse is that she's pretty skeptical, never believing anything she's told until she's got solid firsthand proof of it. It's quite possible that this skepticism of friend and foe alike is one of the few things keeping Kimiko and her friends from turning into a miniature walking psych ward, making Haruko the straight man of the lot.

That said, she can seem like a bit of an airhead sometimes; the kind of person that you'd see them and wonder how they got into a prestigious school like Blue Yonder in the first place. However, one look at her grades is proof that she's far smarter than she lets on; the girl's a genius and deliberately keeps it under wraps. Haruko is a cunning negotiator and thinks of things from a business perspective before anything else. This can make her greedy sometimes, but she knows a bad deal when she sees one, and can't stand being ripped off. She's also the sort of person who will abuse loopholes at every chance, so be careful what you wish for when Haruko becomes your personal genie.

[spoiler=Biography]
Although not nearly the same kind of family as the Hatakeyama or Spectrum families, the Wakabayashi is fairly wealthy in its own right. Unlike their giant corporate counterparts, Haruko's folks are fairly unknown; the family's biggest claim to fame is owning a large farm outside one of Ambrosia's small towns. The youngest of three, Haruko always looked up at the corporate giants in awe. She eventually also learned that the two rival card companies had children of their own. Haruko took an interest in the Spectrum child; marrying into a family like that could have many benefits.

Haruko's plan was set: She would woo Roy Spectrum. However, upon meeting him and Kimiko Hatakeyama for the first time, it was clear the two already knew each other well. A little bit of snooping revealed to her that the two were already arranged for marriage when they grew up. The concept of purely business-related marriage still goes right over Haruko's head, and as a result, she's been driven up the wall ever since, trying to figure out what Kimiko has that Haruko doesn't besides a corporate title. To more closely observe her marriage rival, Haruko's been following Kimiko and her friends around for quite some time, unknowingly falling right into their ranks via popular opinion.

"Calling Kimiko my friend is a bit of a stretch. She's more like a business rival."

[spoiler=Deck]
Haruko duels using a Banish Psychic deck. The deck uses several effects to banish Psychic-Type monsters and Special Summon them to create advantage, and allow for swarming so that Haruko can Synchro Summon the deck's larger monsters. Although most of the monsters in the deck are of the EARTH attribute, her ace monster, Overmind Archfiend, is actually DARK.

[spoiler=Misc]

[spoiler=NPC App: Tiny Ninja]

zIGzdks.jpg
"Swiftly and from the shadows, Natsuko arrives! Awful ninja-like, ain't it?"

Name: Natsuko Tsuchida

[spoiler=Appearance]9hWQMGZ.jpg
Standing at only 4'9" and weighing 73 pounds, Natsuko is tiny. She keeps her gray hair cut short at all times, and prefers clothing that gives her more free movement while also being as comfortable as possible. As she spends her fair share of time outdoors, she's got a bit of a tan to her, and her muscles are toned from spending a lot of her life training to be a ninja.

[spoiler=Personality]
Natsuko greatly admires the stories of ninjas from a time older than Ambrosia itself, so much that she aspires to be just like them. A grand warrior of the shadows, who strikes in such a way that by the time her foes realize it, it's already too late. Every day she trains herself to be faster, more agile, and sneakier, so that someday she can become the greatest ninja Ambrosia has ever seen. Like any good ninja, she has sworn fealty to a master, but her taste in masters might need some improvement.

Without a doubt, Natsuko is the most devout of Kimiko Hatakeyama's "goons", ever by her side and swiftly executing any order she is given. Even in the Hatakeyama family's own home, Natsuko is never far from Kimiko's side. If somebody tries to approach Kimiko, Natsuko will more often than not stop them so that she can size them up for herself first, and send them away if they aren't worthy of speaking with Kimiko. It's hard to tell if having to swear fealty to a master is the only thing keeping her in Kimiko's service sometimes, but as long as there is a Kimiko Hatakeyama, there will always be a Natsuko Tsuchida watching over her from the shadows.

Whatever the order, however, rest assured she'll tackle it with a fierce determination, a bright demeanor, and three people's worth of confidence. In fact, just as she's by far the most devoted of Kimiko's "goons", she's also the most confident by a long shot. Whether it's her master rubbing off on her or if this 4-foot shortie has always come packed with a 12-foot attitude is anyone's guess. When her business face is off, however, she's a warm-hearted and notably upbeat girl, always looking at the glass half-full and tackling a challenge again and again until she prevails.

[spoiler=Biography]
Ever by Kimiko's side, the tale of Natsuko Tsuchida begins in the alleyways of Ambrosia. Back in her younger years, she was a simple beggar and a slightly-less-simple thief. Not the brightest of sorts either; she always targeted rich families that could harshly punish her if she got caught. Wouldn't you know it, one day she got caught in the Hatakeyama house, by the family's sole child. The exact words Kimiko Hatakeyama had used were "thieving little ninja", which brought forth the question that would change Natsuko's life forever.

"What's a ninja?"

One highly-condensed history lesson later, Natsuko was starstruck. Something about ninjas called out to her. After boldly declaring she would become the best ninja Ambrosia had or would ever see, she was met with laughter and a reply that Kimiko liked that this little thief had guts. A pact was made that day. Natsuko would train to be a ninja of legend, and would swear fealty to Kimiko and declare the corporate heir as her master. In exchange, Natsuko would be free to come and go in the Hatakeyama house as she pleased, and Kimiko wouldn't have the ninja-to-be thrown out of the city for her theft.

Naturally, Natsuko accepted. In the four years since, the two have been as inseparable as can be, even more so now that Natsuko has started attending classes at Blue Yonder Academy.

[spoiler=Deck]
Natsuko duels using a Metalphosis deck. This archetype of FIRE Psychic-Type pendulums puts their emphasis on high-paced Fusion Summoning to summon powerful beatdown monsters, forcing the opponent to play defensively then punishing them even harder for it. The strategy relies largely on the deck's ace monster, Metalphosis Orihulk, to inflict severe damage.

[spoiler=Misc]

Duel Theme 2

[spoiler=NPC App: She Who Purges Evil]

8yRWYIO.jpg
"There are spirits that need to get purged."

Name: Akiko Takanashi

[spoiler=Appearance]JDz635U.jpg
At 5'2" and weighing 103 pounds, Akiko has midnight black hair and wears bright green colored contacts. She keeps her hair very long and dons a hair ornament that resembles a skull wearing a bow. Other usual Akiko accessories include bandages, fingerless gloves, and spiked collars/wristbands. Her main outfits usually consist of black offest by a bright color of her choosing, generally green or pink.

[spoiler=Personality]
Akiko is an odd one. At present, she's kind of going through that phase people her age sometimes go through where she believes she has mystical powers or believes she's just as smart and/or strong as an adult. Because of these traits, Akiko is a little harder to predict than one may like.

Above all else, Akiko was gifted with the power to sense and purge otherworldly spirits. She does not know where they come from, where they go after being purged, or what they're doing in this world to begin with, but if she does know one thing, it's that she's the one in charge of purging. If she senses a spirit near her location, Akiko will hunt it down and make any effort possible to purge it before it can cause any harm to this world. These powers also elevate her to a higher state of being than just a human, and the fact that nobody can remember that gets to her a bit. If she loses at something, she was probably not taking it seriously. If she wins, well, not her fault everybody else can't have mystical powers.

Because of these powers being able to purge more than just spirits, Akiko is cautious about their use. If she's not careful, she might purge a total stranger, and that would be bad! As a result, to protect those around her, she puts up an apprehensive-at-best front to keep them away. Only to those who have proven able to somehow resist the forbidden nature of her great power will have the honor of seeing past this cold hard shell, revealing an excitable, yet ever-vigilant, girl.

[spoiler=Biography]
The child of a painter of a single parent, Akiko's life has always been one that encouraged imagination and creativity. Perhaps the freedom of thought got to her a bit, as in middle school she went from simple imaginative to something more like delusional. She believed she had special powers that could purge anything from this world, which also elevated her to a state above simple humanity. Then she met what she could only assume was a very powerful spirit. Something so powerful that even regular people could see and interact with it. Its name was Kimiko Hatakeyama.

Akiko's attempts to purge Kimiko were unsuccessful, and curious as to what kind of being she actually was, Akiko began following Kimiko around. One thing lead to another and the two found themselves in a wobbly friendship. Akiko still isn't sure just what her friend is, but she gets that it isn't something that others shouldn't displease if she can't purge it.

[spoiler=Deck]
Akiko plays a Zombie Xyz deck that uses the swarming capabilities of Zombie-Type monsters to juice out Xyz Monsters at an absurd pace. The deck's higher-Rank monsters are summoned by using Tristan, Knight of the Underworld, alongside Isolde, Belle of the Underworld. This includes the deck's ace monster, Number 23: Lancelot, Ghost Knight of the Underworld. However, through use of other zombies like Zombie Master, Mezuki, and Blue-Blooded Oni, a great variety of Rank 4 monsters are readily available for Akiko's use as well.

[spoiler=Misc]
Duel Theme

[spoiler=NPC App: The Contender]

IrcZZiR.jpg
"Maybe it's because I timed that wrong...ah, I'll figure it out later! It's a beautiful day outside!"

Name: Fuyuko Sawaya

[spoiler=Appearance]fwSv8Gi.jpg
At 5'0" and weighing 92 pounds, Fuyuko keeps her cyan hair cut tied up in a ponytail and out of her blue eyes. Bearing a rather plain fashion, semi-formal fashion sense, Fuyuko isn't the sort of person who would really stand out in a large crowd. She tends to keep some electronic device that isn't a Duel Disk on her person, and the keen observer may notice that her fingers are seldom still, always moving to and fro as if resting upon an invisible keyboard or holding a video game controller that only exists in her mind.

[spoiler=Personality]
The nature of Fuyuko is a two-sided one that takes root in the two adjectives that best sum her up. Fuyuko is a very sweet, but also dangerously competitive, girl.

Most of the time, a warm smile and heartfelt compliments are the order of the day with Fuyuko around. She does her best to find the wonder in everything, and pluck the silver lining from even the worst of situations. She's also exceedingly friendly, and can strike up a happy chat with a total stranger if she wants or needs to. She doesn't like being called a "friend to all" sorts though; she knows that there are plenty of people out there she hasn't befriended yet, and she doesn't like lies. Rest assured, it's on her to-do list though.

Those who don't want to know Fuyuko for anything besides her sweet and friendly nature would do well not to compete with her. After making friends and making every day a happy one, Fuyuko's greatest desire in life is to win it all. When she wins, she's happy, and when she loses, she'll take a few steps back and carefully reflect on the entire game to find out why. She isn't too fond of luck-based things like card games, and as a result tries to avoid dueling others unless challenged. Her passion lies more in computer games. Perhaps as a result of wanting to be the best at everything, Fuyuko's also taken a liking to computers in and of themselves. Not only can she disassemble somebody's machine, figure out the problems, then put it back together in working order, but she'd be happy to.

Fuyuko's competitive streak and friendly nature can come together and make her an excellent teammate in team games. She'll do whatever she can to help her team win, and is likely to blame the team's loss on some error of her own rather than somebody else's if she doesn't win. That said, losing streaks aren't good for Fuyuko's emotional state. If she goes too long without a victory, she can become apathetic and lazy, believing that there's not much point left in trying to win at all. A quick win - even in something trivial - should perk her right back up, as will meeting some non-competitive goal of hers.

[spoiler=Biography]
For someone so open and without secrecy, Fuyuko's past is a bit of an enigma. Whether it's because she just hasn't shared any details or because nobody's asked her is unknown, but all that can be said for sure is her parents were respective doctors of the body and the mind. The rest of what's "known" about Fuyuko's past is just speculation made by connecting whatever dots she's left for everyone to figure out.

Fuyuko was born and raised in the big city, with doctor parents that loved her very much. She grew up very happy, but it seems that some incident took her parents away from her. Further study would most likely reveal it was a house fire that in the end left Fuyuko in custody of her uncle, who also loved her dearly. Those that follow medical research would likely discover that the late Mr. and Mrs. Sawaya were exceptional doctors; her father's psychological research even implies in retrospect that the loss of such exceptional parents was the birth of Fuyuko's unquenchable competitive streak.

Most of the rest is a big blur; her uncle is a simple corporate drone and not much can be said about him, and few records of Fuyuko besides school report cards exist after her moving in with her uncle. She got accepted into Blue Yonder and met Kimiko Hatakeyama there during her first year. Fuyuko was challenged to a duel by the corporate heir after noticing that Fuyuko had gone an unusually long time without dueling, without knowing that the reality was Fuyuko had actually not dueled prior to Kimiko's challenge. The date was arranged, and Fuyuko rushed herself in the brief span between being challenged and the duel itself to study up on how to duel and putting together the first deck she could get her hands on; the Espirit deck she uses to this day. Fuyuko lost in such a manner that it was clear she had no chance to begin with. Mistaking Kimiko for a pro duelist, Fuyuko began observing Kimiko's duels, and an odd friendship was born between the two over time.

Not much has changed in Fuyuko's life in the last year; definitely not anything big enough that she'd leave a hint about it. Whether this is for the best is anybody's guess.

[spoiler=Deck]
She herself will admit, Fuyuko isn't a very good duelist. In those occasions where she does duel, however, she's most comfortable with an Espirit deck. As information regarding the archetype becomes available, this spoiler will be updated accordingly.

[spoiler=Misc]
Duel Theme

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Elizabeth Hall]Name: Elizabeth Hall
[spoiler=Image (it's quite large)]sFvYLJq.jpg

Being part of an academy, Elizabeth is caught in her uniform most days, accompanied by thigh high boots, and her platinum hair tied back and slung over her left shoulder, leaving large, curving bangs to outline her jawline that is stronger than is typical for women her age. Her pale blue verging on gray eyes are typically lightly outlined with black to bring more attention to the capturing, analytical gaze of her's. The only other makeup on her face, if you could call that, is a faint shine from the lip balm she applies to her thin, pale lips just to keep everything looking beautiful without being overbearing. Her pierced ears are not usually a point of conversation, but if her ears were to be examined, it would be noticed that she's got 2 or 3 small rings going up her earlobes on either side of her head. On any day where she were not to be uniform, however, Elizabeth wears your normal t-shirt, jeans, and canvas sneakers, preferring not to flaunt her hard-earned figure from years of dancing as a hobby. An average bust is featured by her deep curves and unusual height. Standing at 5'10", Elizabeth towers over most women of her age and even some men as well.

[spoiler=Personality]Since birth, Elizabeth and her brother Todd were both quite the troublemakers, Elizabeth has never been much for the rules, and, whether it is for fun, proving a point, or simply because she views it as an inconvenience at the time, will absolutely circumvent them. This troublemaking streak never quite got any better with age, and especially not with the success her and her brother met with dueling. She had been caught numerous times with cards up her sleeves and sneaking answers into tests at a young age until the tandem was admitted to the academy. At first offense, it was made incredibly clear that the both of them would be ejected from the academy were they to be caught again. Now, say what you will about a bit of fun, but Elizabeth was no idiot; she knew that the best thing to do in that instance was to go on the straight and narrow, a pretty clear display of her willpower when all things are considered.

What was once a funloving and exciteable, if not mischevious, Elizabeth has now transformed into an uninspired, lonely youth since the passing of her brother. She no longer finds the fun in dueling that she used to, and only continues at the academy to hold on to what she has left of her brother's memory. Elizabeth now reflects the life of an introvert, seeking to avoid crowded social interaction whenever possible with the explicit intention of avoiding any conversation involving her late brother. In more ways than one, Elizabeth is keeping herself from being able to heal and move on, something fostered by her closest friends, the only ones she still talks to. Elizabeth has given up on the concept of partying, dating, and all other things distracting her from her own lonliness, something she used to be big on, and desired for. To say that Elizabeth was popular at her height of being the #1 student in her class at the Academy would be an understatement; she was the popular girl that all the other girls wanted to be, and Elizabeth always allowed random people to be her friend for the sake of spreading her happiness with as many people as she could. Now, there is a certain degree of wishing someone else would do the same for her.

[spoiler=Deck - Cyberus Angelorum]Elizabeth has always had an unorthodox dueling style; that's part of what made her and her brother so dang effective in the arenas. Her deck, a modern take on ritual and normal monster usage, takes what many people would consider to be useless garbage and transforms them into ritual sacrifices for powerful, defense shattering monsters, that creates a cycle of rituals and complete beatdown. This quickly culminates into the summoning of Cyber Angel Dakini, her late brother's favorite card. Her personal favorite card of the deck is Gyakutenno Megamo, a protector used to make the neccessary sacrifices in order to achieve victory. Were Elizabeth ever to return to true form and push herself towards winning a duel, her deck's brute strength and summoning power would force anyone to submit, whether it be alone or otherwise. Elizabeth, of course, is not an idiot just looking to rebel against the strongest cards and does carry an extra deck full of useful XYZ summons to use in a pinch if it was vital for her to win the duel she was a part of.

It has been said that Elizabeth still has, and carries around the deck she used to duel with when she was a tag duelist alongside her brother, an up to date Harpie deck.

[spoiler=Custom Cards] None yet.

[spoiler=Biography]Upon entrance to the Academy, talk of the Hall family was littered with praise; Elizabeth and Todd were two children that appeared to have incredibly bright futures as tag duelists. Born 3 minutes later than her brother, Elizabeth was an identical twin, and, as many identical twins tend to, lived a life inseparable from her brother. They adventured together, learned together, dueled together, and even shared successes and failures together. They were always the other's shoulder to cry on, or the loyal sibling to the other when they were getting in trouble with Mom and Dad. Long story short, they rose to the top of their class quickly after broadcasting their unique dueling style that involved rituals and the use of normal monsters in a climate that featured Synchros, XYZs, and an orgy of other, seemingly more useful styles.

Popularity in Academy as the grade's conjoined #1 duelist would bring them apart slowly over time; they would always check in with one another, but they were both getting older and friends, significant others and other things would prevent them from being inseparable as they once were. For Elizabeth, regrets came in no stronger waves than when she realized she could have done all of those things later in order to spend more time with her brother before he passed. Todd was cruely taken from the world in a motorvehicle accident just 2 years ago, something Elizabeth has never truly been able to recover from. Ignoring the fact that she was practically inconsolable when the event itself happened, having to transition her deck from a doubles deck to a singles deck has fostered an extreme feeling of loneliness in Elizabeth. A major side effect of her brother's passing would be Elizabeth's dramatic fall from the top, now being nothing more than your average student. She skates by in classes, hardly duels, and wins even less frequently than that. Elizabeth now enters the tournament for the first time since her freshman year after, hoping to regain her spot on top as the class' top duelist, a wish her parents have asked her to fulfill for her own good alone.

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]
Elizabeth has got a thick Bristolian accent. Reference for some fancy Bristolian terms I may sneak in:
[spoiler=Video]https://www.youtube....h?v=731WC6dBMLU

Elizabeth is a terribly overbearing backseat driver, as a result of her brother's passing.

Elizabeth has only dueled Todd once in her lifetime; it was when they were children, and Todd cried afterwards.

She is a dedicated dancer and is quite skillful in many styles, even taking it as seriously as to learn proper ballet, despite it being a vastly outdated artform in this era.

Before making the switch to solo play, Elizabeth was a fiercely dedicated Harpies player.

Despite her grades now being quite poor for her level of intelligence, Elizabeth takes great pride in tutoring younger, less skilled students, and in more than one occasion, has completely remodeled the way a student has played for free to their massive benefit.

Elizabeth goes by both Liz and Beth in terms of nickname, but will not shun you for referring to her by her full name.

[spoiler=Elizabeth Hall]Name: Elizabeth Hall

[spoiler=Image (it's quite large)]sFvYLJq.jpg

Being part of an academy, Elizabeth is caught in her uniform most days, accompanied by thigh high boots, and her platinum hair tied back and slung over her left shoulder, leaving large, curving bangs to outline her jawline that is stronger than is typical for women her age. Her pale blue verging on gray eyes are typically lightly outlined with black to bring more attention to the capturing, analytical gaze of her's. The only other makeup on her face, if you could call that, is a faint shine from the lip balm she applies to her thin, pale lips just to keep everything looking beautiful without being overbearing. Her pierced ears are not usually a point of conversation, but if her ears were to be examined, it would be noticed that she's got 2 or 3 small rings going up her earlobes on either side of her head. On any day where she were not to be uniform, however, Elizabeth wears your normal t-shirt, jeans, and canvas sneakers, preferring not to flaunt her hard-earned figure from years of dancing as a hobby. An average bust is featured by her deep curves and unusual height. Standing at 5'10", Elizabeth towers over most women of her age and even some men as well.

[spoiler=Personality]Since birth, Elizabeth and her brother Todd were both quite the troublemakers, Elizabeth has never been much for the rules, and, whether it is for fun, proving a point, or simply because she views it as an inconvenience at the time, will absolutely circumvent them. This troublemaking streak never quite got any better with age, and especially not with the success her and her brother met with dueling. She had been caught numerous times with cards up her sleeves and sneaking answers into tests at a young age until the tandem was admitted to the academy. At first offense, it was made incredibly clear that the both of them would be ejected from the academy were they to be caught again. Now, say what you will about a bit of fun, but Elizabeth was no idiot; she knew that the best thing to do in that instance was to go on the straight and narrow, a pretty clear display of her willpower when all things are considered.

What was once a funloving and exciteable, if not mischevious, Elizabeth has now transformed into an uninspired, lonely youth since the passing of her brother. She no longer finds the fun in dueling that she used to, and only continues at the academy to hold on to what she has left of her brother's memory. Elizabeth now reflects the life of an introvert, seeking to avoid crowded social interaction whenever possible with the explicit intention of avoiding any conversation involving her late brother. In more ways than one, Elizabeth is keeping herself from being able to heal and move on, something fostered by her closest friends, the only ones she still talks to. Elizabeth has given up on the concept of partying, dating, and all other things distracting her from her own lonliness, something she used to be big on, and desired for. To say that Elizabeth was popular at her height of being the #1 student in her class at the Academy would be an understatement; she was the popular girl that all the other girls wanted to be, and Elizabeth always allowed random people to be her friend for the sake of spreading her happiness with as many people as she could. Now, there is a certain degree of wishing someone else would do the same for her.

[spoiler=Deck - Cyberus Angelorum]Elizabeth has always had an unorthodox dueling style; that's part of what made her and her brother so dang effective in the arenas. Her deck, a modern take on ritual and normal monster usage, takes what many people would consider to be useless garbage and transforms them into ritual sacrifices for powerful, defense shattering monsters, that creates a cycle of rituals and complete beatdown. This quickly culminates into the summoning of Cyber Angel Dakini, her late brother's favorite card. Her personal favorite card of the deck is Gyakutenno Megamo, a protector used to make the neccessary sacrifices in order to achieve victory. Were Elizabeth ever to return to true form and push herself towards winning a duel, her deck's brute strength and summoning power would force anyone to submit, whether it be alone or otherwise. Elizabeth, of course, is not an idiot just looking to rebel against the strongest cards and does carry an extra deck full of useful XYZ summons to use in a pinch if it was vital for her to win the duel she was a part of.

It has been said that Elizabeth still has, and carries around the deck she used to duel with when she was a tag duelist alongside her brother, an up to date Harpie deck.

[spoiler=Custom Cards] None yet.

[spoiler=Biography]Upon entrance to the Academy, talk of the Hall family was littered with praise; Elizabeth and Todd were two children that appeared to have incredibly bright futures as tag duelists. Born 3 minutes later than her brother, Elizabeth was an identical twin, and, as many identical twins tend to, lived a life inseparable from her brother. They adventured together, learned together, dueled together, and even shared successes and failures together. They were always the other's shoulder to cry on, or the loyal sibling to the other when they were getting in trouble with Mom and Dad. Long story short, they rose to the top of their class quickly after broadcasting their unique dueling style that involved rituals and the use of normal monsters in a climate that featured Synchros, XYZs, and an orgy of other, seemingly more useful styles.

Popularity in Academy as the grade's conjoined #1 duelist would bring them apart slowly over time; they would always check in with one another, but they were both getting older and friends, significant others and other things would prevent them from being inseparable as they once were. For Elizabeth, regrets came in no stronger waves than when she realized she could have done all of those things later in order to spend more time with her brother before he passed. Todd was cruely taken from the world in a motorvehicle accident just 2 years ago, something Elizabeth has never truly been able to recover from. Ignoring the fact that she was practically inconsolable when the event itself happened, having to transition her deck from a doubles deck to a singles deck has fostered an extreme feeling of loneliness in Elizabeth. A major side effect of her brother's passing would be Elizabeth's dramatic fall from the top, now being nothing more than your average student. She skates by in classes, hardly duels, and wins even less frequently than that. Elizabeth now enters the tournament for the first time since her freshman year after, hoping to regain her spot on top as the class' top duelist, a wish her parents have asked her to fulfill for her own good alone.

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]

Elizabeth has got a thick Bristolian accent. Reference for some fancy Bristolian terms I may sneak in:

[spoiler=Video]https://www.youtube....h?v=731WC6dBMLU

Elizabeth is a terribly overbearing backseat driver, as a result of her brother's passing.

Elizabeth fancies a smoke from time to time, but nothing worth calling an addiction.

Elizabeth has only dueled Todd once in her lifetime; it was when they were children, and Todd cried afterwards.

She is a dedicated dancer and is quite skillful in many styles, even taking it as seriously as to learn proper ballet, despite it being a vastly outdated artform in this era.

Before making the switch to solo play, Elizabeth was a fiercely dedicated Harpies player.

Despite her grades now being quite poor for her level of intelligence, Elizabeth takes great pride in tutoring younger, less skilled students, and in more than one occasion, has completely remodeled the way a student has played for free to their massive benefit.

Elizabeth goes by both Liz and Beth in terms of nickname, but will not shun you for referring to her by her full name.

Accepted

[spoiler=Takara Fujimoto, Gentle Giantess & Hopeless Romantic in One]

Hp4mu5D.png

"Welp, time to face the music, I guess..."'

Personal Information
Name: Takara Fujimoto
[spoiler=Appearance:]She may've always been tall for her age, but that's not really an excuse for Takara being as freakishly tall as she is. Takara stands at 193cm (6' 4"), and weighs in at 75kg (165lbs), which is healthy enough considering her sheer height. She has a nice hourglass figure given by a BWH ratio of 26-17-25 if measured in inches and 66-43-64 if measured in centimeters, but this is only because of her lanky frame. But she does dress well enough to make the most of her figure. Aside for being abnormally tall for woman of all things, never mind a 16-year-old girl, Takara is most notable for her navy-framed glasses, golden yellow eyes and shoulder length silver hair, and can usually be seen listening to music that has been stored on her Duel Disk, which is highly advanced and takes on a monochrome color scheme. 

acddf53c46fff96e2d7930deef86d5b5a4c284b2

[spoiler=Personality:]Takara is a very focused individual; if she's not studying and keeping up with her grades, she can most certainly be found looking through her deck and seeing if there are improvements that she can make, or just listening to music as she's reading a book or something similar. However, Takara's more of the type that would concern herself with her grades than mingle around with others, as her future is not something she wants to trifle with. As a result, she's very likely to grow up being a workaholic, whatever the choice of career that she ultimately ends up taking. She's yet to decide what she actually wants to do, but Takara does know for certain that she's not keen on being a professional duelist. She's not exactly a competitive person after all, and trying to be as such may kill all the joy out of the game of Duel Monsters for her as a whole.

Besides, there's still a key part of the game that Takara still hasn't got down yet; communication. A lot of that comes down to Takara just being shy, and although she can ask for directions and buy things just fine, her nerves tend to get the best of her more and more the longer a conversation drags on. This also explains why she's almost never the one to initiate a conversation to begin with. She actually prefers to watch other people from a distance... for as long as she can get away with it, that is. This especially holds true around people that she had only just recently met, and she needs time to observe how they generally respond to things before she can decide whether to approach them at a later stage or ignore them completely. Overall though, it's safe to say that Takara prefers her own company, and doesn't mind the loneliness. But, given the right number of days passed, she'll eventually build up her confidence and charisma, giving her the ability to comfortably express her true feelings.

Speaking of feelings, Takara is somewhat of a hopeless romantic. This is evident when she's been talking to someone for too long, as she may may eventually feel the urge to hug them affectionately or ask them to marry her or something along those lines... without even realizing what she's doing or saying, sometimes until the point of no return. For someone with her level of intellect, one would think Takara could notice her own advances a little sooner, which only makes it all the more embarrassing for her specifically. Thankfully, she's quick to apologize for her romantic blunders the moment that she realizes she made them. Still, the fact that love is somewhere in the back of Takara's mind may explain her all-round shyness and why she holds back on the whole communication thing. It's a hurdle she'll have to get over on her own.

[spoiler=Biography:]Like many civilians of Ambrosia, Takara Fujimoto lived a somewhat normal life, with a mother and father. However, Takara was an only child due to several pregnancy complications between the mother and the father. And while they managed to make the most of this shortcoming, Takara's parents were clearly saddened by the unfortunate turn of events. But they'd soon realize that they'd end up shelling out a lot of money. Takara's eyes had begun to deteriorate when she was about 6 years old, and needed glasses for just about everything. Of course, the glasses that Takara needed at the time were expensive but, concerned for her safety, her parents immediately came up with the necessary funds. Over the years though, Takara's eyes had gotten worse and worse, and by the time she started Blue Yonder Academy, they were so bad that her glasses were no longer helping her see as well as when she first acquired them, and she feared she was going blind. Her parents immediately rushed her to the hospital.

It turned out that Takara was born with juvenile cataracts in both eyes, and needed the respective surgery from an ophthalmologist. This costed the parents even more money, as neither had health insurance for her since they didn't think they could afford it. But it was worth it in the end. With a new artificial lens, Takara's eyes had gotten so much stronger that she could easily see what she had struggled to before, and no longer even needed the glasses. But she kept them nonetheless; it'd be a shame to dispose of them when they had costed her parents so much of their hard-earned cash. Not surprisingly, she vowed that she'd focus on getting the grades necessary for a high-paying career, so that she could pay her parents back for all the support they've given her. And after 2 years, she's not stopping now.

Dueling Information
Deck Name: Level1.dek

[spoiler=Deck Strategy:]As one would suspect, Takara's deck is all about utilizing Level 1 monsters, as well as staple stall cards as well as a few things like Raigeki and other mass-removal cards in case sheet starts to hit the fan. Only her boss monsters have any relevant strength, and as such, Takara will usually just focus on surviving until she's sure her opponent has run out of offensive options. In any case, this can serve to humiliate duelists who like to use brute force, but Takara needs exactly the right cards at the right time.

Signature Cards: Chaos Necromancer, No. 54: Lion-Heart, One for One, Relinquished, Thousand-Eyes Restrict.
Custom Cards: Nope, not this time. All real.

Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: Diamonds, by Rihanna
Duel Theme Song: Final Fantasy XIII OST: Blinded by Light, as remixed by bcFenix

Ideal Voice Actresses: Brittney Karbowski (En)/Satomi Sato (Jp)

Tidbits of Trivia:

• Takara used to require glasses for reading, computer work and especially viewing anything from a distance when she was young, but very recently, her eyes have grown much stronger all of a sudden. However, she still wears them all the time, despite no longer actually needing to in the slightest. This is because the glasses had cost her parents a significant amount of money; as such, it'd be a shame to throw them away or allow them to collect dust.
  • Takara does not like looking down on people at the slightest. As such, she'll often kneel when addressing some of the shorter students, as it makes it easier for her to make proper eye contact. Though there are those few that are so short that even Takara kneeling is not enough to alleviate the height difference.
  • Takara can't help but scream at the sight of real-life insects or vermin, although she oddly doesn't mind the larger holographic projects of monsters that take the same form nearly as much. This is likely because she's well aware that they're just holograms, but stepping on a bug or the tail of a mouse is something Takara dreads.
  • Takara has a surprisingly good singing voice, which she unveils once in a while when she sings one of the songs that she listens to. Not many get to her this singing voice though, as she doesn't like to sing aloud if she knows she has company. Even if someone does hear Takara sing, she'll insist it's nothing special.

Complete

[spoiler=The Puppeteer]

Name: Blythe Adelaide Pendleton

Physical Description
lVDkffO.jpg

Standing tall at five feet, ten inches, Blythe is an imposing figure with her short black hair and hazel eyes, as well as smooth, pale skin. While her body is very physically fit and adept in an Action Duel, she is nevertheless very pretty, if a touch intimidating due to the serious look she always wears, eyes flinty and always having body language and expression that are standoffish at best. Aside from her standard uniform, she wears a lot of Japanese-styled outfits that implement a lot of purple and red, black also being a color she uses often.

Personality
Blythe is very much a person who wants a lot of things and isn't shy about trying to obtain them. She is a very intimidating and headstrong woman who puts herself and what she wants first. What some would call an elitist, Blythe has a bit of a fixation on things that are uncommon and hard to obtain, particularly rare cards, being a hoarder of them despite the fact that the majority of her cards aren't in her actual deck. She is a skilled and powerful duelist, and this has gone a bit to her head, and she sees questions of her skill as an utmost insult to her pride, considering her prowess in dueling her best feature. A blunt individual, Blythe says what's on her mind, with little heed for the feelings of others. Above all else she hates people who wallow in their weakness and can't move on from it, believing that all it takes to become a stronger person and duelist is just effort and skill.
She respects strength and ability over all else, and has a very blatant lack of respect for anyone she sees as lacking in those qualities. She thinks that what people wants should be fought for by them, which is why she undertakes her ante duels, seeing the winners of these duels as more deserving of the powerful cards at stake. Blythe doesn't have a lot of friends, finding herself enough, but a lot of people are afraid of her due to her skill and willingness to use it to take people's most powerful cards, something she both enjoys for the feel of status it gives her and enjoying feeling better than others and something she somewhat dislikes, with how she's not regarded as an honorable duelist. Pragmatic and shrewd, she is a skilled manipulator in leading opponents to do just what she wants them to do, and she'll often study opponents before fighting them, both to know how best to defeat them and figuring out which of their best cards is most desirable. She has a lot of fun with planning out her strategies, and takes a lot of pleasure from a well-executed strategy, with a very forward-thinking mind.

Deck
Gimmick Puppet- Blythe's deck centers around creepy doll-like monsters known as Gimmick Puppets, monsters that excel at Xyz Summoning powerful and destructive Rank 8 monsters. Blythe begins play very destructively and powerfully, destroying her opponent's monsters to inflict high amounts of damage. This is a tactic she uses to force them to draw out their most powerful monsters, so that she can then seize control of them herself with the effect of her Gimmick Puppet - Nightmare Mechanism, as well as cause them to use more powerful cards in her ante style duel. Her Xyz Monsters are formidable and can be incredibly powerful, but they get even worse if she draws the Spell Rank-Up Magic Argent Chaos Force, a Spell with the ability to rank up her monsters to an incredibly strong upgraded variant, each one capable of game-ending power on their own.

Custom Cards

Gimmick Box
Cont Trap
During damage calculation, if either player would take battle damage: Reduce that damage to 0, then Special Summon this card as a Monster Card (Machine-Type/DARK/Level 8/ATK ?/DEF 0). (This card is also still treated as a Trap Card.) This card's ATK is equal to the amount of damage reduced to 0 by this effect.

Level Doubler
Spell
Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control; double that target's Level.

String Tether
Trap
Equip to a face-up "Gimmick Puppet" monster you control. Once each turn, if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or removed from the field by the effect of an opponent's monster: It is not, then place 1 String Counter on that monster.

(Gimmick Puppet Xyz Monsters errata'd to non-Number variants, Argent Chaos Force errata'd to Rank up into just CXyz)

Biography

Blythe's father was a very distant fellow, being away at work almost constantly throughout her youth. Her mother raised her mainly, and her mother expected a lot of Blythe, as she was the oldest of three daughters. Blythe's mother was very maternal, and had become a housewife when Blythe was born, always content raising her family, and she encouraged her daughters to do the same. While her younger sisters took to it okay, Blythe was always more interested in more exciting activities like dueling. Her mother was worried Blythe would hurt herself in Action Duels, and tried to dissuade her from taking part in them. It actually became a topic of contention between them, and they fought about it often as Blythe grew closer to the age when she would be able to enroll in Blue Yonder Academy, which she very much intended to do. Blythe's mother was terrified her daughter would be hurt, while Blythe was confident in her abilities and hated being considered weak by her own mother.

Things were coming to a head until Blythe's father left the family when she was thirteen. Blythe's mother shut down, falling into a depressed state she is still in to this day. Blythe was able to enroll in Blue Yonder with no opposition from her crushed mother. Blythe grew to resent her as she grew distant from her daughters while taking care of them fell mostly to Blythe. She took out her angers in duels, taking up the incredibly destructive power of the Gimmick Puppets. Eventually winning duels didn't do anything for her, and she eventually started dueling for ante, taking the more powerful cards of anyone she defeated. Her collection grew, and she used that to assure herself that while her mother wasn't going to move past her weaknesses, she would.

Misc. Information

Blythe duels under an ante system whenever possible. The system works as such: When a player loses, they forfeit the most powerful monster they played in the entirety of the duel. Blythe purposefully plays in a style that encourages her opponents to summon increasingly powerful monsters just to keep up with her to take advantage of this, and often goes into duels with specific cards in the duelist's decks in mind.

Blythe hates her middle name, and doesn't use it.

She owns a pair of reading glasses.

Blythe regularly trains in gymnastics for use in Action Duels, as well as running a mile three times each week.

Duel Theme - https://youtu.be/PCmRe2PRlyQ

Here's a potential villain character, if you would be willing to have me.

[spoiler=Karlos: Your worst nightmare]
Name: Karlos Mendez
Physical Description
Karlos Mendez is a scary figure, standing 6 feet tall, with a body that looks like it was carved out of glass: pale and elegant, though the resemblence stops there, as he is jagged, muscular and strong. His hair is black, and always kept half an inch long. His eyes are similarly black, as though he has no iris, just a pupil and sclera. A scar runs frm one corner of his mouth to his jaw, making him look like he's grinning eerily.

Karlos is a quiet, scary person, by all accounts. He's not trying to be, he just doesn't ay what doesn't have to be said, and he has a natural aura of fear. When he does speak, he seems polite and honest to a fault. Though he can be critical, he doesn't actively attempt to hurt people unless they are in his way. He prefers to keep to himself and read about psychology. When he isn't flat-out bored, he's either extremely annoyed, or just being cruel.

[spoiler=Deck]Karlos' Deck centers on a set of cards called the Nightmare Engine Archetype, a series of terrifying DARK Machine-Types who require a Spell (Nightmare Fuel) to be summoned, count as Fiends, and gain special effects from having Nightmare Fuel as an Xyz Material. Most have a Nightmare Weapon that correlates with, but is not exclusive to it.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]
Nightmare Engine Selachos
Rank 6
DARK/Machine-Type/Xyz
This monster must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Nightmare Fuel" and cannot be Summoned by other ways. This monster counts as a Fiend-Type while on the field or in the Graveyard. While "Nightmare Fuel" is attached to this monster as an Xyz Material, it gains the following effect:
  • During your Battle Phase, this monster gains ATK equal to its original DEF.
ATK: 2500
DEF: 1500
Nightmare Engine Arachne
Rank 6
DARK/Machine-Type/Xyz
This monster must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Nightmare Fuel" and cannot be Summoned by other ways. This monster counts as a Fiend-Type while on the field or in the Graveyard. While "Nightmare Fuel" is attached to this monster as an Xyz Material, it gains the following effect:
  • Once per turn, when this monster is attacked, negate the attack and equip the attacking monster to this card (max 1.). If this card would be destroyed, by battle or card effect, instead destroy a monster equipped to it by this effect.
ATK: 2400
DEF: 2000
Nightmare Engine Pyros
Rank 6
DARK/Machine-Type/Xyz
  • This monster gains 500 ATK for each "Nightmare Fuel" attached to it as an Xyz Material.
ATK: 3000
DEF: 2500
Nightmare Engine Peccatos
Rank 6
DARK/Machine-Type/Xyz
  • Negate the effects of your opponent's monsters. 
ATK: 2000
DEF: 2500
Nightmare Fuel
Spell
Tribute one Fiend-Type monster you control: Special Summon one "Nightmare Engine" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard (Xyz Materials attached to the Tributed Monster are attached to the Summoned Monster)  and attach this card to it as Xyz Material. During your Draw Phase, instead of your normal draw, you can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Nightmare Fuel" per turn.

Nightmare Weapon: Razor Teeth
Spell
Attach this card to a "Nightmare Engine" Xyz monster as Xyz Material. A Fiend-Type monster with this card attached as Xyz Material gains the following effect:
  • Once per turn, when this monster attacks a Defense Position Monster, destroy it before damage calculation.

Nightmare Weapon: Silk Noose
Spell
Attach this card to a "Nightmare Engine" Xyz monster as Xyz Material. A Fiend-Type monster with this card attached as Xyz Material gains the following effect:
  • Once per turn, Tribute one Fiend-Type monster; this monster gains ATK equal to half its original (printed) ATK.
Nightmare Weapon: Crimson Edge
Spell
  • This monster can attack your opponent directly, and if it does, no other monsters can attack this turn.

(This should be enough until I come up with more, and when I do, I will clear them with you before using them.)

[spoiler=Biography ]
Born in Ambrosia, Karlos was an orphan, his parents having disappeared without a trace. He was raised by a gang of soft-hearted street duelists, and when he was ten, he was already well on his way to success. He started going to school a little later than most, but he caught up with his classmates quickly, showing maturity and intelligence beyond his years. A few years later, he started going to Blue Yonder, and he remains there, at the top of his class, and the top of his game. Having been raised by thugs, however, he learned to Duel with all he had, and he that it wasn't for the faint of heart, especially Action Dueling. This became a part his central philosophy, that nothing comes without hard work in this world, and work hard he did. Becoming a talented psychoanalyst  and engineer, he constructed a Duel Disk out of salvaged parts and stole a deck from a Control confiscation center . The box they were in was labelled with his father's name, and contained a card whose data chip could override Solid Vision projectors' safety modes. After studying it, he modified his Duel Disk to fine-tune these override signals, making it possible to summon his Nightmare Engines outside of a Duel. When he heard of the Sigil cards, this would be his primary method of finding them, to uncover what the government had his father's cards for.

• He is a very convincing actor.
  • His Duel Disk is a black gauntlet that projects an eye-shaped blade fringed with scarlet.
  • The card that contains the override information is an Action Field called Infected Dreamscape.

Sorry it took so long, Easter happened.

Name: Takao Ito

[spoiler='Physical Description]
PiqpVIz.jpg
Takao stands at a little bit over average at 5'9" for his age, and weighs around 118 lb. He has deep black hair with brown eyes.

[spoiler='Personality']
Takao is a laid-back type of guy, he is sorta the third person in the group, going along with everything. But not when playing Duel Monsters(/Yu-Gi-Oh, whatever you call it). He has a great passion for the game and gets all excited when playing. While dueling, Takao is cocky and thinks he can win no matter what, even if he has no way to win. He loves to bluff to see if his opponent will fall for it, although usually they don't.

While not dueling, Takao is quiet and speaks in short sentences, as well as not being social. He loves to keep to himself and he loves having people only know the dueling side of him. What he takes pride in most is his dueling. and that is what he wants people to see.

[spoiler='Deck']

Takao runs a Pure-Monarch deck. He locks out his opponent out of their extra deck so they can't fusion summon, synchro summon, XYZ summon, and in some cases, pendulum summon, as long as he has Domain Of The True Monarchs out and a tribute summoned monster out.

Custom Cards:

N/A

[spoiler='Bio']
Takao lived a boring life, he did average at school and had nothing to do at home, one of the only things he loved doing was playing Duel Monsters. He seemed to change his normal personality when playing Duel Monsters. Just because he got competitive with Duel Monsters didn't mean he didn't have fun. Even when Takao loses, he acts like he won. At home, Takao wasn't the one with all the attention, instead his younger brother got all the attention as he was only 3 and needed all the attention. Takao also had an older sister, but she is always out with her friends.

Misc Info.
(I don't exactly have any things in mind for this character... although I will be finding a Duel song for him soon... mabye not so soon...)

[spoiler=Duel Monsters is not... Fun..]
[spoiler=Personal Info]
Name: Ranko Amamiya

[spoiler=Appearance]
29gc12h.jpg

156 cm and 51 kgs were Ranko's numbers as last recorded in Blue Yonder's physical examinations. Average height, average weight and not really anything outstanding to say about her build either; not really overweight but also nowhere near dangerously thin, more or less the ideal body shape of a teenage girl. When it comes to looks, she's probably what'd be commonly referred as 'cute' among kids her age. Her charm points are the blue ribbon she wears to tie up her ponytail as well as the long-sleeved sweater she wears over her uniform. Outside of that though, there's not much else to remark about her physical appearance. She usually keeps a warm, calming smile on her face daily, giving her an approachable and friendly aura.

In duels though, her facial expression does a 180 along with her general aura. Constantly scowling with dead, blank eyes, she's a very gloomy and scary person in duels. The creepy, eerie monotone certainly doesn't help with the intimidation factor either.

[spoiler=Personality]
Ranko's a generally nice and cheerful person. She gives her 100 in everything she does and is a friendly, kind soul who'd gladly lend a helping hand to one of the many friends she's made in her 2 years at Blue Yonder. Of course, this doesn't mean she's totally perfect either. She's still prone to messing up once in a while, and has had her ups and downs, her happy days, as well as unhappy days. Really, Ranko's just your average happy-go-lucky teenage high school girl. Her interests include cooking, shopping for accessories, staying up late to watch TV dramas, eating dessert, etc. Completely average and stereotypical hobbies, basically. In fact, that's her main character trait. Even her inner circle of friends remarked that she's a really plain and uninteresting girl, to which Ranko can't really deny. Not that she minds however; to her, a normal and average high-school life is exactly what she's looking for.

Right, as long as she has friends she can chat and play with, hobbies that keep her busy and occupied, it's perfectly fine by her. Not a thrill seeker by any means, Ranko is surprisingly reserved about trying out new things, instead preferring to hang in her comfort zone, and if possible, not leave it at all. However, though she seems like a perfectly unremarkable girl, she has a rather bad rep at Blue Yonder for never having dueled once. Or publicly, anyway. It's not as if she's never dueled before; quite the contrary in fact. She won a national-level Duel Monsters tournament in her third year in middle school, going undefeated through the entire event.  Ranko puts up a facade of a naive airhead when it comes to DM, pretending to not know the rules and preferring to take a backseat whenever the topic comes up. Still, her past as a pro duelist is pretty easy to dig up, and several people have called her out on it.

Of course, Ranko denies this, causing even further suspicion among her doubters that she's merely putting up a front to act all flirty with guys. Truth is, Ranko completely hates playing the game on every level. She remarks that the game is not fun, and that she hates playing it. Considering her past, it actually makes a modicum of sense why she would hate it. Heck, she wasn't even smiling when she won the national tournament. In the very very rare event she duels, she's a totally gloomy and intimidating duelist, speaking in an eerie monotone, while keeping her face completely straight, making it difficult to find any openings. Combined with her usage of control decks, she is most definitely not a pleasant person to duel against.

[spoiler=Biography]

Ranko once wasn't the 'desperately trying to stay normal' Duel Monsters-hating person she is currently, and the only person to blame for her change is her mother, Kyouko Amamiya. Kyouko is a very sickly person, and as such can't really do any motherly duties as she is constantly sitting in a hospital room struggling against her disease. In place of the usual motherly love, she instead made Ranko play Duel Monsters with her daily, beating her every single time, and also berate her mistakes and give her long, rather scary lectures on how to become a better player. Throughout these intense, somewhat terrifying duels, Ranko began to identify the 'smell of death' while dueling. The more one side was winning, the stronger the scent to her. And of course, against an actual dying person, and one that is immensely strong to boot, the stench was overwhelming whenever she would duel her mother. This made her grow to resent Duel Monsters, since the aura of death was simply overwhelming.

That said, Kyouko wasn't a terrible person. Outside of her eerie persona in duels, she does love Ranko very much and would want nothing less than to see her daughter happy, but to her, playing DM and winning is her one source of happiness in the confines of her hospital room. Still, in a world where DM is where relationships are made, she was avoided like the plague back in middle and elementary school. Since she's used to dueling her mom, who's a much higher level duelist than normal, she played on a level that was far above any middle and elementary schooler. Her glum disposition in duels certainly didn't help matters, making her seem like a sadist who enjoys watching her opponent suffer.

Eventually, she stopped having fun altogether with DM. Only playing to make her mother happy, but that stopped after entering high school. Since Kyouko Amamiya is no more, Ranko more or less retired as a duelist, now using her time to do all the boring, uninteresting things other girls her age do. All the things she couldn't do before, due to constantly having to duel her mother in a hospital room bearing the smell of death itself. For the first time she's actually enjoying life.

Perhaps, one day, there will be a day where she'll play Duel Monsters again, and have fun doing so. Like, truly have fun and enjoy the game for all it is. Maybe all it takes is the little unstoppable force known as a maiden's love~?

[spoiler=Deck&Customs&Ace Monster]

Deck Name: Katayoku na Tenshi (One-Winged Angel)
A control Fairy deck, using cards such as Archlord Kristya and the counter trap fairies to control every aspect of the game from the moment it starts. What sets her deck apart from other, normal Fairy decks is the usage of the "Asmodael" LV Series of cards. A series of fairy monsters that focus on constantly replenishing her hand with fairies while providing a powerful consistency again, she managed to overcome a control deck's weakness of having difficulty establishing and rebuilding a board. Her ace monster is Holy Seraph, Asmodael, a powerful synchro that can steal wins when least expected. By the way, it's worth noting that she's currently undefeated this deck, a streak she kept from around the time she started middle school.

[spoiler=Customs]

Love Seraph Asmodael LV2
LIGHT/Fairy/Tuner Level 2 400/300
If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, if you have 2 or less monsters in your graveyard, you can activate this effect: Send 1 "Love Seraph Asmodael LV4" from your deck to your graveyard, and if you do, add 1 "Asmodael" monster from your deck to your hand. If this card you control is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: You can discard 1 card; Add 1 Fairy-type monster from your graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Love Seraph Asmodel LV2" once per turn.

Love Seraph Asmodael LV4
LIGHT/Fairy Level 4 1400/1300
When this card is Summoned, if you have a "Love Seraph Asmodael LV2" in your graveyard: You can draw 1 card, then send 1 "Love Seraph Asmodael LV6" from your deck to your graveyard. During either player's turn: You can banish this card in your hand and target 1 Fairy-type monster you control; This turn, that card is unaffected by all other card effects. If you targeted an "Asmodael" monster by this effect, you can discard 1 card; Add 1 Fairy-type monster from your graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Love Seraph Asmodael LV4" once per turn.

Love Seraph Asmodael LV6
LIGHT/Fairy Level 6 2200/1200
If you have an "Asmodael" monster in your graveyard: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) If you do, send 1 "Love Seraph Asmodael LV8" from your deck to your graveyard. You can reveal this card i your hand: Add 2 "Asmodael" monsters from your deck to your hand whose total levels equal 6. Then, shuffle this card to your deck. When this card is Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Add 1 Fairy-type monster from your graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Love Seraph Asmodael LV6" once per turn.

Love Seraph Asmodael LV8
LIGHT/Fairy Level 8 2500/2300
If you have a "Love Seraph Asmodael LV6" in your graveyard: You can Special Summon this card (From your hand). This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Add 1 Fairy-type monster from your graveyard to your hand. During either player's turn if an "Asmodael" card is sent to your graveyard or is banished: You can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard; Add that card to your hand. This effect of "Love Seraph Asmodael LV8" can only be activated once per turn.

Holy Seraph, Asmodael
LIGHT/Fairy/Synchro Level 10 3000/3000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Asmodael" monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target up to 2 Fairy-type monsters from your graveyard; Special Summon those targets. Their effects are negated and they cannot be used as Xyz/Synchro Material, also any battle damage your opponent takes this turn are halved. If the cards summoned by this effect are "Asmodael" monsters, those cards gain 500 ATK, and their effects are not negated.

|

-Ranko is written ランコ, meaning it doesn't actually mean anything in Japanese. Her family name uses the character 雨宮.

-Gossip says she has her eyes on a certain student but whether that's true or not remains to be seen.

-Ranko works part-time after school, Mondays and Wednesdays as a waitress in a family restaurant, while her Fridays and weekends are spent helping out a card shop, where she found herself as the "Ane-chan" of a group of elementary schoolers who frequent the shop.

[spoiler=Personal Info Sheet]

Name: Ranko Amamiya

Height: 154 cm

Weight: 51 kg

Blood Type: B

D.O.B: September 25 (Virgo)

Likes: Parfaits, food in general, tending to her part-time workplace

Dislikes: Dueling

Hobbies: Shopping, cooking, karaoke

Special talent(s): Can win UFO Catchers blindfolded (Did this once, became a legend in her circle)

Seiyuu:Emi Nitta

VA: Undecided for now

[App deleted by order of Mecha Zailter. Heil Zailter!]

[spoiler=NPC App: Drill on, you crazy warrior WIP]

NameLimerick 'Lime' Kamezooka

[spoiler=Physical Description]2SOhINT.jpg

He stands at 5'10 and weighs 150 pounds. His hair is a bright orange with blue eyes. When not in uniform, he normally wears a hoodie and jeans. He is very thin as well.

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Deck]Synchron:

Ace Card: Drill Warrior

[spoiler=Custom Cards]None.

[spoiler=Biography]

Archived