Xyz-Archfiend archtype, 5 cards so far, *playtesting shows it needs improvement: ideas welcome*

I Hate Snatch Steal

ttXpeNI.jpg

2 Level 5 monsters
Up to twice per turn: you can increase or decrease this card' rank by 1. Once per turn: you can banish 1 "Xyz-Archfiend" card from your hand or graveyard; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster with the same Type and Attribute as this card you control but 2 Ranks higher, by using this card as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) Once per turn: you can banish 1 monster from your graveyard; apply up to all (or none) of these effects, until the End Phase. *This card's rank becomes equal to that monster's level/rank This card's type becomes that monster's *This card's attribute becomes that monster's.

The premise of the deck is to use this card to rank-up into various powerful xyz monsters

oIqaDca.jpg

If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Destroy the monster that destroyed it. If there is an "Xyz-Archfiend" monster on your side of the field or in your graveyard with a different name and this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; attach this card from the Graveyard to it as an Xyz Material. You can only use this effect of "Xyz-Archfiend Assailant" once per turn. If this card is an Xyz Material and would be sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead.

3TgSfNW.jpg

Once per turn: You can increase the Levels of any number of DARK monsters you currently control (min 1) by 1. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Xyz-Archfiend" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

6lGt39x.jpg

If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Xyz-Archfiend" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can target 1 of your banished xyz monsters; special summon that target. Then, if possible, detach 1 Xyz Material from a monster your opponent controls and attach it to the Summoned monster as an Xyz Material. You can only use 1 "Xyz-Archfiend Summoner" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Summoner's 2nd effect was added early in development but I decided to keep it even after its intended combo was "patched out".

I suspect the archtype needs at least 1 more member, but I'm not sure what role it should have. Also there might be more that needs to be done.

edit:

OI5HW9A.jpg

If this card is summoned: you can add 1 "Xyz-Archfiend" card from your deck to your hand, except "Xyz-Archfiend Beast". You can only use this effect of "Xyz-Archfiend Beast" once per turn. You can banish this card from your graveyard to target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard and 1 "Xyz-Archfiend" card in your graveyard, except an Xyz monster; Special Summon that monster, and if you do, attach the targeted "Xyz-Archfiend" card to it as an Xyz Material. Banish that monster when it leaves the field.

Well, there's already Archfiend support from the Zexal arch, so that's cool.

Heiress/Eccentrick would be obvious choices, as well as Archfiend's Roar. Cavalry or General could be options too, but General wouldn't warrant any rank 4 plays.

On the bright side, you can't rank up into Novafinity with it, unless you somehow reduce its rank...

The effect monsters are sort of lackluster, and you'd be better off running a Cyber Dragon/Photon Slasher/Ghost Ship sort of deal or something. Summoner is sort of niche (although it would be a nice cherry tap in Madolche, to bring back a banished Leviair). Assailant doesn't do much other than Yomi Ship, and Sorcerer is at least necessary for the main play.

If I were you, I'd figure out a way to make them more of an engine.

Well, there's already Archfiend support from the Zexal arch, so that's cool.

Heiress/Eccentrick would be obvious choices, as well as Archfiend's Roar. Cavalry or General could be options too, but General wouldn't warrant any rank 4 plays.

On the bright side, you can't rank up into Novafinity with it, unless you somehow reduce its rank...

The effect monsters are sort of lackluster, and you'd be better off running a Cyber Dragon/Photon Slasher/Ghost Ship sort of deal or something. Summoner is sort of niche (although it would be a nice cherry tap in Madolche, to bring back a banished Leviair). Assailant doesn't do much other than Yomi Ship, and Sorcerer is at least necessary for the main play.

If I were you, I'd figure out a way to make them more of an engine.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I added a fifth card.

Archived