YuGiOh Vassal Project - Use your custom cards

nickredace

I've created a module on a program called vassal that should allow up to four players to play Yugioh over the internet with their own custom cards. This software needs to be installed into your computer and with this module to work successfully and both are free.

*We are final set with the servers, thats right WE HAVE Tested the servers and they work!!! We are ready for the First Decks to enter the Vassal Network!

B7U3KFV.png

(Screen shot of the Program showing all of the deck areas the basic background, and New universal hand [Most updated Version])

NEW! - Addition of the universal hand, used so that players can look at hands/reveal hands etc.

I made this in Response to Duel Portal being a pain in the ass to get working, and the fact that the card images are complete crap. I mean I don't see the point. Its almost as if I'm playing with cards covered in just text. It doesn't give me that fulfillment of playing with custom cards.

If anyone wants to help me, please comment and/or PM me and I'll send you the link to the module and Vassal download (the Reason I'm not posting it right now is because I want polish it before release.

- (Glance at the beinging of the project)

- (the old Project Video Before Extradeck)

- (With the Addition of Extradecks)

This looks pretty cool. I just have a couple questions:
• Does this work for Macs? I have a friend with a Mac and many custom card ideas.
• Are the Main decks and Extra Decks saved together, or separately?
• Do the Main Decks and Extra decks have any limitations (40-60 main, 15- Extra)?
• Does custom card creation work? Does it import from either YCM or YuGiCo, a third program, or does each card have to be completely remade?
• Did the "face-down issue" ever get fixed?
• Are there any automated features?
• Are ALL the cards included yet?

Either way, I'm interested in at least looking into this.

I'll be happy to help test.

great to here it, I'm still working on how to get Server's to work but at the moment here is the links to both the vassal program and the card module. 

https://mega.nz/#!RddD1QCa!vR_XmeGTn7gvO-rwHbfOX-ShDubj3AeOy6kyTyZ0_y8

This looks pretty cool. I just have a couple questions:

• Does this work for Macs? I have a friend with a Mac and many custom card ideas.

• Are the Main decks and Extra Decks saved together, or separately?

• Do the Main Decks and Extra decks have any limitations (40-60 main, 15- Extra)?

• Does custom card creation work? Does it import from either YCM or YuGiCo, a third program, or does each card have to be completely remade?

• Did the "face-down issue" ever get fixed?

• Are there any automated features?

• Are ALL the cards included yet?

Either way, I'm interested in at least looking into this.

From what the Vassal website says, yes it should work for Macs.

All of the decks are saved seperatly due to the way decks work in the program.

There are no limitations, for deck size, but due to the deck saying how many cards are in said deck it stops people from cheating by having too many or too few cards.

Card Creation that I use, is magic Set editor and a Template made by afunworm -http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/313195-new-pendulum-normal-ritual-and-fusion-monster-pendulum-mse-templates-with-%E2%91%A0-%E2%91%A1-%E2%91%A2-updated-05072014/.

Face down is fixed, and works with all cards. ATM I'm even working on getting custom Card Sleeves to work.

Sadly there is no automated features, its like dueling network in that case.

are all the cards included... .... um without another way to put this no. I gave up while trying to do just normal. (The one problem with this program is optimization I noticed while doing it, it takes a very long time load with a lot of cards in the program. Its a problem that I've been trying to fix.)

If anything Players can use Extensions to add their cards in (both custom and Regular YuGiOh cards) into the module so that it doesn't tax it too much. Its what I'm working on  right now. Since adding cards into the vassal system if very easy (its just pretty much card creation MSE then plop the image in) once I know exactly how Extensions work. Players will be able to just use the extensions as their decks. Still a work in progress though.

great to here it, I'm still working on how to get Server's to work but at the moment here is the links to both the vassal program and the card module. 

https://mega.nz/#!RddD1QCa!vR_XmeGTn7gvO-rwHbfOX-ShDubj3AeOy6kyTyZ0_y8

From what the Vassal website says, yes it should work for Macs.

All of the decks are saved seperatly due to the way decks work in the program.

There are no limitations, for deck size, but due to the deck saying how many cards are in said deck it stops people from cheating by having too many or too few cards.

Card Creation that I use, is magic Set editor and a Template made by afunworm -http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/313195-new-pendulum-normal-ritual-and-fusion-monster-pendulum-mse-templates-with-%E2%91%A0-%E2%91%A1-%E2%91%A2-updated-05072014/.

Face down is fixed, and works with all cards. ATM I'm even working on getting custom Card Sleeves to work.

Sadly there is no automated features, its like dueling network in that case.

are all the cards included... .... um without another way to put this no. I gave up while trying to do just normal. (The one problem with this program is optimization I noticed while doing it, it takes a very long time load with a lot of cards in the program. Its a problem that I've been trying to fix.)

If anything Players can use Extensions to add their cards in (both custom and Regular YuGiOh cards) into the module so that it doesn't tax it too much. Its what I'm working on  right now. Since adding cards into the vassal system if very easy (its just pretty much card creation MSE then plop the image in) once I know exactly how Extensions work. Players will be able to just use the extensions as their decks. Still a work in progress though.

Suggestion: Can it import from the Series 9 Template found http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340091-series-9-mse-with-all-pendulums/ here (the second link) instead? The template you listed is seriously out-of-date and doesn't handle Pendulums well. The newer template is much more up-to-date. I highly recommend it trying it out and preferably updating to use it.

I'm glad you're making progress. I hope you'll post the module and extension-making things soon.

EDIT: Changed link to the newer version.

Suggestion: Can it import from the Series 9 Template found http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340091-series-9-mse-with-all-pendulums/ here (the second link) instead? The template you listed is seriously out-of-date and doesn't handle Pendulums well. The newer template is much more up-to-date. I highly recommend it trying it out and preferably updating to use it.

I'm glad you're making progress. I hope you'll post the module and extension-making things soon.

EDIT: Changed link to the newer version.

I've looked at this, and its good but it creates cards larger than the ones used in this Vassal project.

The reason I used the previous template is because the cards can simply be exported and added into the Module. 

If this one is used, the card would have to be re-sized. Though if your find with this you can use this, but right now I

would use the previous template for most cards other than Pendulum cards.

BTW For those who are making monsters such as pendulums and/or are using Series 9 you can resize your images easier to allow for them to be added into your extensions using the website ( http://picresize.com/) Use the 361x523 in CUSTOM Resize to turn make your exported card the right size. Then just add it into the extension and your read to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived