Mimiclay

Mimiclay-MP15-EN-C-1E.png

If your opponent controls a monster: Target 1 Level 2 or lower Defense Position monster you control: Special Summon from your Deck, in Defense Position, 1 monster with the same name as that monster, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate 1 "Mimiclay" per turn.

You know, I forgot this thing existed until I saw "Tuning Gum". This card has a surprising amount of potential. It doesn't negate the summoned monster's effect, and its downside can be nullified through XYZ Summoning. I dunno if this card has a good spot now, but I have a feeling this card could be significant later on.

Guest BGMCANN0N

The card has had a solid spot in some Watt Decks for the Watthopper lock, though one could argue that Watts don't have a whole lot of good LV 2's or lower other than hopper.

in deskbots, you can drop the LV 2 in defense with the lv 3. I know, duplication does it better, but if you have the field out, that becomes impossible, and if duplication ever gets hit,for whatever reason, this might be a reasonable substitute since you still get a search.

9/10 Machine Dupe is better.

Maybe, but Machine Dupe can't hit Doppelwarrior, Quillbolt (too much ATK), Level Eater, or Boost Warrior, which are what you are generally going to be reviving most of the time. Plus Boost Warrior auto special summons in Defense with its own effect too.

And the things that Machine Dupe CAN hit, tend to only be run as singles (Tuningware, Synchron Explorer (if even run at all), Mono Synchron etc.)

Only /good/ machine dupe target I can think of at this moment is Jet Synchron. 

Archived