"Neonova" Synchro Archetype, Crush your enemies with overwhelming power!

Akron The Void Lord

Alright, time to finish what Dova never started... -_-

Warlord: Stats are low enough for his effects. Effect is only Ignition OPT, but is allowed to boost other monsters within the archetype. Nothing wrong there.

Destroyer: Still a little too powerful considering its effects. Limit it so that it can only be Summoned OPT, regardless of the kind of Summon, because it's a very powerful effect. This will prevent the field from being flooded by this guy.

Dragoneer: All of its effects are fair. You already limited this guy's Summon to OPT, so it's fine.

Scout: Because his effect is quite powerful, reduce the ATK to 1500 in stead of 1800. 1800 makes it appear to be too much.

Beserker: This card is fine as well, considering you can't jump him at your opponent with 3200 damage off the bat. However, it might be a little troublesome if you're allowed more than 1 copy and cards like COTH to bring it back. Change it so that you can only control 1 copy, because it has its own float effect by adding another Warrior Neonova.

General: WAT. Infinite wall since General can bring himself back lol. Change that destruction float effect to hard OPT. Actually, change both effects to hard OPT.

Guardian: Ouch, another Kalut. It seems fine though, considering that it shouldn't be able to pull off anything ridiculous. I'll double check this card once I finish the set.

Enchanter: Another infinite wall, and could be even more disastrous with its attack boosting effect. Limit doubling to hard OPT, and fix the infinite wall.

Shaman: Because you already have the "You can only use 1 effect of shaman once per turn", you don't need the Once per turn before the other ignition effects. There isn't anything wrong with this card because of the limitations, so it's good.

Strategist: Seems okay, but 1800 Def is quite high for a monster with rather decent effects. Lower it to 1700 so other archetypes have a better chance of dealing with this.

Gatherer: Much tamer than the original. All of its effects are fine. There's no infinite loops now, but there still is an infinite wall, lol.

Warlock: I can't see anything wrong off the bat, but I'll be double checking this card as well.

Warhero: Much tamer without the infinite loop. A little worried that this card makes Synchro Summons too easily as the Neonovas float off of being destroyed, but it should be fine once more limitations and editing is set for the non-Tuners.

Altar: I'm now more worried for a double attacker OTK as opposed to the infinite loop now. After all, multiple copies of Warlord can lead to maximum boost of 3000, especially with the float effects on some of the monsters. But I'm pretty sure because the order has to be correct, it's not as bad as opposed to doubling twice. This card should be fine, though.

Helios: The amount of support for the SS worries me. You really should test it out on Duel Portal, but this card seems okay.

Strife: This might be okay, considering its only allowed to control 1 limitation. However, I'm more worried for the boost that it gives.

Rally: It's powerful enough, and somewhat disturbing as it can add itself. Now I'm seeing that the archetype might have too much float effects, and it gets disturbing when you never run out of resources.

Determination: It's okay, but it does have the potential to abuse some of the cards. Add a cost of discarding 1 card atleast.

Ascension: Too many float effects... A Soul Charge that still allows battle and no LP cost. Atleast add a 1000 LP cost per monster SSed this way, since most of them rely on SS or destroying other monsters to deal massive damage. This makes it more fair.

Apostle: Float again... Well, it's best to change it to something that just prevents destruction, as opposed to being affected by monster's effects. However, this one isn't as a red flag for limiting to only 1 effect as opposed to some of the others. It's okay to keep this one the way it is, but take away some of the other floats.

Rage: Halving the battle damage makes it fair, and the other effects are okay as well.

Ferocity: The cost doesn't do anything when they can rely on a float effect. Change the cost to discarding 2 cards to make it more fair, because this card pretty much guarantees damage with the buffs it gives.

Devotion: Activating one doesn't really do that much. As long as the card is in the Graveyard, you can banish it for a +1, so it doesn't help its case. Remove the secondary +1 effect, and keep the normal effect the way it is with hard OPT.

Exaltation: This could be okay, but I'll have to look at the Extra Deck again.

(Will re-edit this post and finish the rest once I get home).

Alright, time to finish what Dova never started... -_-

Warlord: Stats are low enough for his effects. Effect is only Ignition OPT, but is allowed to boost other monsters within the archetype. Nothing wrong there.

Destroyer: Still a little too powerful considering its effects. Limit it so that it can only be Summoned OPT, regardless of the kind of Summon, because it's a very powerful effect. This will prevent the field from being flooded by this guy.

Given OTP clause.

Dragoneer: All of its effects are fair. You already limited this guy's Summon to OPT, so it's fine.

Scout: Because his effect is quite powerful, reduce the ATK to 1500 in stead of 1800. 1800 makes it appear to be too much.

ATK has been lowered to that of his more versatile counterpart Red Sprinter.

Beserker: This card is fine as well, considering you can't jump him at your opponent with 3200 damage off the bat. However, it might be a little troublesome if you're allowed more than 1 copy and cards like COTH to bring it back. Change it so that you can only control 1 copy, because it has its own float effect by adding another Warrior Neonova.

Effect has been limited to not being able to recover another copy of itself.

General: WAT. Infinite wall since General can bring himself back lol. Change that destruction float effect to hard OPT. Actually, change both effects to hard OPT.

Infinite wall loop fixed.

Guardian: Ouch, another Kalut. It seems fine though, considering that it shouldn't be able to pull off anything ridiculous. I'll double check this card once I finish the set.

Enchanter: Another infinite wall, and could be even more disastrous with its attack boosting effect. Limit doubling to hard OPT, and fix the infinite wall.

Enchanter automatically self-destructs when Special Summoned. It can't be an infinte wall.

Shaman: Because you already have the "You can only use 1 effect of shaman once per turn", you don't need the Once per turn before the other ignition effects. There isn't anything wrong with this card because of the limitations, so it's good.

Strategist: Seems okay, but 1800 Def is quite high for a monster with rather decent effects. Lower it to 1700 so other archetypes have a better chance of dealing with this.

DEF lowered to 1600.

Gatherer: Much tamer than the original. All of its effects are fine. There's no infinite loops now, but there still is an infinite wall, lol.

Warlock: I can't see anything wrong off the bat, but I'll be double checking this card as well.

Warhero: Much tamer without the infinite loop. A little worried that this card makes Synchro Summons too easily as the Neonovas float off of being destroyed, but it should be fine once more limitations and editing is set for the non-Tuners.

Altar: I'm now more worried for a double attacker OTK as opposed to the infinite loop now. After all, multiple copies of Warlord can lead to maximum boost of 3000, especially with the float effects on some of the monsters. But I'm pretty sure because the order has to be correct, it's not as bad as opposed to doubling twice. This card should be fine, though.

Helios: The amount of support for the SS worries me. You really should test it out on Duel Portal, but this card seems okay.

Strife: This might be okay, considering its only allowed to control 1 limitation. However, I'm more worried for the boost that it gives.

Rally: It's powerful enough, and somewhat disturbing as it can add itself. Now I'm seeing that the archetype might have too much float effects, and it gets disturbing when you never run out of resources.

It can't add itself any longer.

Determination: It's okay, but it does have the potential to abuse some of the cards. Add a cost of discarding 1 card atleast.

Ascension: Too many float effects... A Soul Charge that still allows battle and no LP cost. Atleast add a 1000 LP cost per monster SSed this way, since most of them rely on SS or destroying other monsters to deal massive damage. This makes it more fair.

It can only be activated when you control no monsters, and prevents you from Summoning by any other ways during the same turn you activate it now. It also is limited by your opponent's swarming capabilities.

Apostle: Float again... Well, it's best to change it to something that just prevents destruction, as opposed to being affected by monster's effects. However, this one isn't as a red flag for limiting to only 1 effect as opposed to some of the others. It's okay to keep this one the way it is, but take away some of the other floats.

Rage: Halving the battle damage makes it fair, and the other effects are okay as well.

Ferocity: The cost doesn't do anything when they can rely on a float effect. Change the cost to discarding 2 cards to make it more fair, because this card pretty much guarantees damage with the buffs it gives.

Added a significant downside to make it more of a risky move.

Devotion: Activating one doesn't really do that much. As long as the card is in the Graveyard, you can banish it for a +1, so it doesn't help its case. Remove the secondary +1 effect, and keep the normal effect the way it is with hard OPT.

Exaltation: This could be okay, but I'll have to look at the Extra Deck again.

(Will re-edit this post and finish the rest once I get home).

I've also just retrained the Supernova series, especially Emperor Helios, so they shouldn't be absolutely broken anymore.

Should've waited until I finished my review though... Well, here's the rest of it.

Helios: Still pretty overpowered. I'm certain you know what Limit Overdrive does? This card is pretty much the new Quasar that's pretty much impossible to get rid of, considering its effects. Plus, another disturbing point is that you can COTH it back after the Synchro Summoning, since it has no Summoning limitations other than its requirements. Time to hope that you draw that Skill Drain before this bastard hits the field.

Atlas: Another problematic card,mainly from its last effect. As long as we have cards like Mega Zaborg at 3, it can target itself and mill all the dragons to the Graveyard. Limit Overdrive or Synchro normally to get this guy out, use effect, bring out another Atlas, repeat for third Atlas, and then Helios. If Cannon Soldier was on the field, this would be an infinite loop.

Atlas 1 -> Atlas 2 -> Atlas 3-> Cannon Soldier Atlas 1 and 2 -> Atlas 3 -> Atlas 1 or 2  (You can see where this is going)

Change final effect to hard OPT, but the entire Extra Deck needs editing or these guys will make a new first turn Quasar deck.

Hyperion: Infinite loop again because it is not hard OPT. If Cannon soldier and this guy was on the field:

Hyperion -> Level 4 or lower Neonova -> Cannon Soldier on Hyperion -> Tribute Neonova for Hyperion back -> Repeat

Again, hard OPT the Summon effects.

Supernova: Lol, this card is actually somewhat balanced, although still pretty OP. Add a condition that using its effect would halve all the damage this card inflicts to your opponent this turn, because the S/T would overpower this card. It's not really hard to summon.

Warlord: WTF. Infinite loop with itself and gatherer for infinite LP. Hard OPT that last effect.

Blader: Wow, this card is actually balanced legitimately. Honestly, just take away all the Extra Deck cards before this one, and this guy can really shine and be a fun card to play. The others before it are too much...

Blaster: ._. Bro, having more than 1 copy of this guy pretty much guarantees a -4 for your opponent. Hard OPT the Summon effect as well as the destruction effect, because this card is better than Fire Lake and Frightfur Sheep combined.

Sorceress: For a Level 6, I would technically recommend the ATK gain to be reduced to 100, as opposed to 200. Everything else is okay, but 200 boost makes it a really powerful Level 6 with good support.

Slayer: Because of his double hit effect and the draw effect, as well as the ATK gain, reduce the original ATK to 1900. The effects are too powerful for a Level 6 like this card.

Swordmaster: A fair card. No red flags with this one.

Priest: Speeds up the engine and his effects are not overbearing for the opponent. A fair card as well.

Initiate: Fairly easy to summon, and effects can be really helpful in the long run. Fair.

Overall: None of the cards were underpowered. However, the majority were overpowered with massive floating as well as high chance for abuse of certain combos. More than 1 infinite loop found, and some cards were just plain ridiculous as the generic support we have nowadays can abuse them. 

Final Rating (Yeah, a new thing I'm doing) for this archetype currently: 4.5/10 

Archived