Murmur of the Forest

MurmuroftheForest-BP03-EN-C-1E.png

Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change that target to face-down Defense Position, then you can return all Field Spell Cards on the field to the hand.

----

A pretty interesting card I stumbled across. It flips down Majesty's Fiend and Vanity's Fiend, makes Monarchs easier to hit over, and gets rid of the Field Spell for a time being so Dracopals can go off without wasting their BP and possibly OTK. Thoughts?

I thought that Tribute Summoned monsters still retain their status after being set by Book of Moon, so Domain would still be in effect.

If that's not the case though, then yeah this card is redundant I suppose and not worth using.

I'm honestly not sure, but regardless of the matter, there are other cards like BoM, which are faster and do the job with minimal requirements or cost.

ANOTHER card that's more likely than not just filler pack. This was actually the first rare card I pulled from a pack (which is kind of sad, when you think about it; but hey: months later, I pulled a Ghostrick Alucard from my first Shadow Specters pack). Unless you have a Field Spell with a "Once per turn" effect you want to use again, remove a Field Spell for a bit, there's little to no pay-off using this card. I guess you can bounce back and re-use Divine Wind of Mist Valley, Dragon Ravine, and Kozmotown. But who'd want to take up Deck space for that?

My case for this card over BoM is that you still have your Main Phase 1 and you don't have to resort to simply going into BP and then going off into MP2.

I agree, the quick-play aspect of Narchs when out the window once it became clear being flipped face down didn't mean sheet. The problem still is you need to get enough traction to push for game or atleast get damn close. Sure Dracopal can put 8k+ on board, but decks like PK and Dolls are still up sheet's creek.

The best out to monarchs on your turn is to chain something like lancea on Storm4th

I mean regardless this card seems better than BoM for the purpose of beating Monarchs since it'll at the very least bounce Domain, but I still think it seems weaker than just flat out removal because of Aither. :v

Technically, yes; as it has the added bonus of returning a Field Spell. However, Book of Moon is faster, and can chain other effects from activating/resolving. Not to mention how it can be used during the Battle Phase.

Technically, yes; as it has the added bonus of returning a Field Spell. However, Book of Moon is faster, and can chain other effects from activating/resolving. Not to mention how it can be used during the Battle Phase.

Note how I said for the purpose of beating Monarchs. I already know all of that.

Archived