BANZAI!!!!

-The Crystal Apprentice-

"Hey, Roy-san!"

Roy looked up, hearing the voice and feeling of an individual catapulting onto the bench beside him before recognizing the person as Balthy. Talk about good timing... Roy gave an inviting smile, nodding at Balthy's question.

"Yeah you got the name right, Balthy." he said with a nod, giving a thumbs up in return. "Good to see you."

"I guess Hatekayama isn't with you today?"

"Nope. And to be honest, kinda needs to be that way for a while." Roy chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I need to separate myself from her for a bit...if I don't how the hell am I gonna make some friends. Especially if she keeps trying to intimidate them."

"You hear about the class taught by that Pro Duelist, yeah? It'll be interesting to be taught by a pro duelist... But it's by that guy who lopped my costume to pieces! I made this for him; You think he might like it better?"

This caused Roy to look at Balthy for a moment. It was the Dreadscythe cosplayer? THAT was the Pro Duelist? So not only is he a genius at Duel Monsters...but he has a natural knack for cosplaying... he thought, before nodding. "Yeah, really excited about the Pro Duelist teaching a class. Really hoping I could get some expert opinion on my Crystal Beast deck..." he said, before looking at the little clockwork triceratops-esque contraption that Balthy pulled out from his pocket. Needless to say, Roy was impressed with the craftsmanship that went into this.

"You made this, Balthy? Wow..." he said in awe. "Man, you got a talent right here man. Pretty sure that he'd like it...hell, I think anyone would like this."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QIbJ3rU.png

"You are the Hatakeyama girl, correct? What precisely is it you need of me? After all, I can do nothing to help if I know not what you need."

"This," Kimiko started, pointing at the blank sheet of paper in her hand and showing both sides to confirm that it was indeed blank. "I need to sketch a person before lunch is out for some art homework and I don't have time to go find somebody I actually know. I decided the first person I found after eating - that's you - will have to cut it, and in exchange you'll get a well-done drawing of yourself to hang up on your wall or whatever if I can get a copy of this when it's done. Not a bad deal for a couple minutes of your time, right? So let's go."

As she said this, Kimiko looked over the girl more closely, taking in details and already playing out in her head how she'd sketch the girl standing before her. This assignment had to get done fast, and Kimiko didn't want to waste a single second with the deadline so close.

Dee Skize

"As a cosplay challenge, of course," Dee whispered at Blythe, trying to avoid attracting attention. "I accepted a challenge from a fan to always be in cosplay of the best Duelist in Blue Yonder. And, from what I was told, that Hatakeyama girl was an overwhelming opponent, so naturally the one who beat her has to be the school's best."

The cosplay diva made sure to keep her voice low, and glared up at Blythe through colored contacts as she adjusted the Taketomborg plushie on her shoulder. "And, honestly, it's hard to continue doing convincing cosplay when you keep making me drop my props. Now, I have an impression to resume. No one else is to know I'm not the real Yushiro Midori, you understand?"

"Now, please . . . I have to get something to eat," Dee grinned, resuming her uncanny likeness of Yushiro's voice.

---------

Emma Pathos

The redhead kept pace with Kimiko, nodding. "I see. I have nothing better to do, it should be fine to pose for a sketch during lunch." As she ran, the hem of her brown skirt fluttered behind her, even though she technically wasn't going particularly quickly. "I am not sure that I would make the most interesting subject for a sketch, however."

As she spoke, she took stock of the muted colors she dressed in, and the simplicity of her outfit- plain brown dress with a gray v-necked sweater, simple gray boots, and her intrinsically simple gunmetal glasses. Even the deep azure of her eyes and her waist-length flaming red hair didn't particularly make her look particularly interesting, and unless Kimiko used colors in a sketch that wasn't likely to show, anyway.

"Where shall we go?"

6zvzPM8.png?1

Meiko listened to her friend as she seemed to state that she was simply thinking on something else. While curious as to what was on the girl's mind, she then went to answer her other question, which made the girl both cheery and slightly confused. "Eh, he wanted to have a meeting with you?" Teachers, at least in Meiko's experience, never wanted meetings and have them be a positive thing to the student. And given how spontaneous Mr. Yoshi could be, Meiko sensed there were grave things in Katsu's future. As if to help assure her for when the time came to meet with the teacher again, Meiko put a confident hand on the girl's shoulder and gave a thumbs with a reassuring smile on her face. "Don't worry Ka-chan, I'm sure you'll do just fine!" After that, the girl then continued to walk with her fiery friend before saying, "so, do you want to go eat lunch together?"

• 2 weeks later...

QIbJ3rU.png

"I see. I have nothing better to do, it should be fine to pose for a sketch during lunch. I am not sure that I would make the most interesting subject for a sketch, however."

"That's even better," Kimiko nodded, turning her head to look at the girl and keep the image in her head as fresh as possible. As the two turned to make for the stairs, Kimiko continued "A normal-looking person means I ca--"

CLANG!

"AAAGH!" Kimiko dropped to the floor, gripping her right temple and turning to look at what she'd run into. The stair rails, none the worse for wear after their sudden collision with the side of Kimiko's head. Figures. Owwwwww, my eye freaking hurts! What are these things made of!? Using the rails that had just brought her down for support, Kimiko got back up to her feet, albeit a bit shakily - not every day somebody runs full-force into sturdy railings after all - before facing Emma again. After a couple seconds spent on restoring her composure, Kimiko picked up where she left off with "As I was saying, a normal-looking person means I can sketch you faster. With the deadline being right after lunch is over, I want to get this finished as quickly as I can."

"Where shall we go?"

"The roof," Kimiko answered, pointing up with her non-head-gripping hand. "Now then, let's get going." As if she suddenly cared about the safety features of the school, Kimiko started up the stairs, still holding her head with the one hand and the railing with the other. I'm not letting a bump or two stop me!

Archived