Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V: Enter the Sub-types(Title is a WIP)

cardgameking

So, I've had this idea for an Arc-V fanfic for a while now, and decided to test it out here first. The premise is that there is one dimension with NO Extra deck, one where Flip, Gemini, Spirit, Union, Toon, and MAYBE Ritual are considered a big deal (holding out on Ritual cause a Ritual dimension is still possible). The main character here, Yuji is this dimension's Yu boy. So, please read enjoy and criticise. I'm open to suggestions and ideas, hell even OCs if you like the story that much. The title is most certainly a WIP. Without further ado, here's chapter 1 (sorry if a bit short)!

[spoiler=First Chapter]

Yuji woke to the unexpected sensation of an overheating alarm clock falling on his head.

“What the-?” he gasped out as he rose, clutching his head, feeling a lump welling. He shot a glare at the overheating alarm clock. “Damn it, third time this month!” he grumbled, “really need to get Dirk to take a look at this...” Or better yet, he thought, Chiasa. He smiled at that thought. His master, deigning to help her assistant with such a menial task?  Most unlikely. Then again, he pondered, as he shoved the alarm clock into a drawer, would she be at good at it? She spent some time in one of the Fortresses, but still...

He abandoned his train of thought when the he glanced out the porthole of his small cabin.  “Oh, damn it!” he muttered. The sun was already rising and he needed to get the freaking river crabs that Chiasa always demanded fresh for her breakfast. Why he couldn’t imagine, as the crabs had little flesh on them and tasted, in his opinion, bitter.

Quickly grabbing his recently upgraded Duel Disk, he ran out onto the deck of the ship. Behind him and in front of him, sailed a long convoy of river boats. The smallest were little more than floating were little more than sailboats, and at most hosted a young, childless couple. The larger ones had room for two different families of four, with a room for each set of parents and children.  The one where Yuji lived was in-between, hosting himself, his master and whatever poor soul had to help Chiasa with the few tasks she deemed too lowly for a proper assistant.

Drawing a card from his deck, he smiled at what he saw. Sea Floor Stallion. The perfect monster for the job, and if his mediation sessions were finally paying off, called from his deck in response to his need. Whether or not the mystical explanation was true, or if it was dumb luck, it would save him the trouble of flicking through his deck. Extending his Duel Disk out, he placed the card on it with a dramatic gesture.

“Let’s go, Sea Floor Stallion!” he called. The recently installed Solid Vision Projector activated calling forth his monster. It had the front half of jet black stallion, with overly large eyes and a purple main, and the back half of some giant fish. It plunged excitedly into the water, turning around to look Yuji in the eye, flicking its mane. With a grin, he grabbed a rough sack on a railing and then he sprung over the railing onto his monster, before it dived down into the river bed. The water was perfectly clean, so Yuji could clearly see where the dens of the river crabs were with his grey eyes. Sea Floor Stallion, who had performed this run many times over the past six months, swum- or possibly galloped? - towards them. Yuji, who for this task had long since become mechanical, allowed his thoughts to wonder to the people on the ships above...

Yuji had arrived here in the clan of the River Reed after his previous master’s unfortunate death. Yuji had initially been excited upon hearing of his new home. River Reed was a prestigious clan, and had been among one of the original Ten who discovered the Fallen Citadel and the secrets within. The clan’s unique life on the river was unusual throughout the world, and some of the most famous duelists had come here to learn more about and improve at Duel Monsters. How come he, someone who had never managed to keep a master for over a year and half, got assigned to such a prestigious clan? The answer soon revealed itself. Chiasa, the clan’s Loremaster was not an easy person to work with, in any regard. She had impossibly high standards, was rude to all she met and Yuji was sure she had made several attempts to abandon him along the river, the most audacious of which involved a faked suicide, an ancient prophecy and a mysterious stranger (who turned out to be a travel writer).

She thought little of her own clan, referring to them as ‘lazy and incompetent’, which Yuji found distressingly accurate. The River Reeders were a good folk, but, on this stretch of river at least, not much could trouble them to be out of bed before noon. The general classes that Yuji attended had an air of boredom and pointlessness, while the few duels he had had in the miserly free time he was allowed quickly grew thankless, as the... quirks of his deck drove people away.

The only people Chiasa seemed to like in the clan were the chief, who had been her last apprentice bar one, and his nephew, who had also been her apprentice after his uncle, who left to study with in a Fortress shortly before Yuji arrived. The nephew was supposed to be the hottest thing since the sun, according to Chiasa, and she did not hand out praise lightly.

The only good things he’d seen her do was direct him to Dirk, who’d made him the alarm clock, water-proofed his Duel Disk and give him some stuff to dunk his cards into every now and then to waterproof them. She’d also hooked him up with Solid Vision, which, without a permit, was most certainly on the shadier side of legality. But, since she was growing annoyed at his constant trouble in navigating the river and neither of them were willing to wait a couple of years before getting their hands on a permit, she had used her influence and her own skills to get him the upgrade.

Sea Floor Stallion gave a strange, underwater neigh, bringing Yuji from his thoughts. He had been underwater for almost two minutes now, but the frequent, pre-Solid Vision trips had given him the ability to stay under for nearly six minutes. However, he noticed that it would not be needed; he had collected enough crabs already. Shrugging, he ordered his steed to land on the nearest boat. None of the River Reeders would be up at this point and he needed to get on a boat as quickly as possible, so he could make use of Solid Vision again to transfer and prepare the crabs for Chiasa’s breakfast. While she had expressed distaste for this technique, since getting access to Solid Vision, he was usually done so early that she wouldn’t even be stirring. Not exactly the situation today, Yuji gloomily though, but I’ll be done before she realises I’m a little off schedule. Yuji ran a hand through his dual toned hair despondently, and maybe she has been carried off by a bunch of flying pigs. Sighing internally, he watched as his monster carried him to the nearest ship, before messily jumping onto the side.

“Another day, another-” Yuji began, as he hopped onto the boat, before noticing the young man pinned under Sea Floor Stallion’s front legs and giving him the evil eye. Gasping, Yuji frantically removed Sea Floor Stallion from his Duel Disk, before going over to help victim. By the time he’d reached him, however, he had already risen. He was dressed unusually for the location, in a pair of blue jeans and a white tank top, unlike the less modern clothes most River Reeders wore. He had harsh red eyes, with closely cropped black hair, again in contrast to the ponytails and buns found among the people of the tribe. Strangely however, something about the look his was being given made Yuji feel out of place, like the person dressed weirdly in simple cotton britches, topless and with his two toned, brown gold tied up in a simple ponytail.

“Uh, I’m really sorry about that?” Yuji began hesitantly, wilting slightly under the boy’s hot red gaze.

“You better be,” the black haired boy intoned. His voice sounded calm, even peaceful, but his angry words betrayed him. “Are you aware of who I am?” the stranger asked. Yuji blushed even redder. He didn’t recognise the guy, meaning he was either someone returning from a trip to a Fortress or another clan, or- he prayed otherwise- and visitor from a Fortress.

“I’m going to guess-” Yuji started, intending to guess a Fortress resident. Flattery, he had decided, would be best.

“No need,” the boy interrupted, “my identity is currently not important. But what is,” he raised his left hand, showing the bladeless inactive Duel Disk of Fortress make, “is that you Duel me. Right now.”

Yuji stiffened. A full Solid Vision Duel Disk?! This guy was a Fortress resident, and the whole situation was turning ugly. Yuji wasn’t sure if his old, battered, and full steel Duel Disk could even link up to one so advanced.

“You sure?” he asked, frowning. Chiasa would certainly be displeased to see this.

“Yes.”

Your funeral, thought Yuji, as the Disks linked up. He hadn’t lost a Duel since coming here, and he was hopeful that his opponent might underestimate him as a simple river bumpkin. The lifepoint gauges on both disks light up, displaying 4000. Yuji’s opponent’s Duel Disk lit up, and a blade of light, edged in crimson, appeared. Well, mused Yuji, that’s undoubtedly Fortress make. He groaned inwardly. I’m so screwed.

Yuji drew five cards, and watched his foe do the same. His opponent’s eyes scanned the cards quickly, before looking at Yuji.

“Want the first move?”

“Nah, you can take it,” replied Yuji, looks like he is taking me for some village idiot, “and can I ask your name?” His foe smirked.

“Takehiko.” He replied, a secretive smirk gracing his handsome face.

Takehiko... The name rung several alarm bells in Yuji’s mind, for reasons he wasn’t sure of? Did I hear it on the radio or something? Great, if I did he could be some kind of freaking Duel prodigy.

“No more time wasting!” Takehiko boomed suddenly, “let’s get down to it!” Yuji nodded. With one voice, they cried out:

“DUEL!”

Yuji LP: 4000

Takehiko LP: 4000

“I’m taking the first move thanks to you!” called out Takehiko, before slamming a card down hard on his Disk. Yuji winced, knowing that if he attempted that he Duel Disk probably wouldn’t take it.

“I’m summoning the monster Gemini Scorpion!”

Gemini Scorpion: LVL 4 1600 atk 400 def

A white haired warrior, clad in elaborate black and red armour shimmered into existence before Takehiko. “And his effect lets me bring out a Gemini monster in my hand!” From nowhere, a ghostly, red headed warrior appeared beside the warrior. They held their twin blades aloft, before the blades flashed brightly, making Yuji close his eyes. When he opened them a new monster, a skeletal blue demon with an eyepatch and a single bat wing stood by the twined warriors.

Archfiend Agent: LVL 4 1800 atk  200 def (Gemini)

“I now activate Unleash Your Power!” he continued, placing another card down. “This means all Gemini monsters I control are-”

“Don’t worry, I know what it does,” interrupted Yuji, making a shadow of anger pass over his foe’s face. “I use Gemini monsters too. It is kinda what River Reed clan are famous for.”

His foe glowered as dark lightning crackled over his monster’s body, making it howl with glee.

“You don’t need to tell me what this clan is famous for,” said Takehiko. “I now use Agent’s newly gained ability, letting me add a DARK monster from my deck to hand.” His Disk instantly shot a card into Takehiko’s waiting hand. “I set a card and end my turn.”

“Which means Archfiend Agent is set, thanks to Unleash Your Power!” called out Yuji, a gleam in his eye. Takehiko didn’t reply, merely flipped his monster face down. Grinning, Yuji took his turn. His good mood, however, was disrupted when he saw what he drew.

Ferocious Claw Gemini Dragon.

[spoiler=Custom Cards Used here]

Archfiend Agent

DARK - lvl 4 - Fiend/Gemini/Effect - 1800 atk 200 def

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

-Once per turn, you can add 1 lvl 7 or lower DARK monster with 2000 or less DEF from your deck to hand. If this face up card is removed from the field, take 1000 LP of damage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived