[Finished]YM's CC#2: Let's Make A Cyber Dragon! [Start 03/14/16 - End 04/01/16]

Major's Shadow

Once again, check this link for clarification on competition policies. If it's not explicitly stated, its here.

Helpful Threads

http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/
http://forum.yugiohc...d-design-guide/
http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

You know what's fun? Cyber Dragons! It's a deck that has kept well with the evolution in YuGiOh! It's a fan-favorite that has a ton of utility, with the potential to be a fantastic deck (with the right support). What's more interesting, is that a lot of their utility comes from their splashability! You can take a Cyber Dragon card, and have the capability of using it in other decks. This is where you come in! Do you want to make a more generic utility, or are you fond of supporting the archetype? You have the freedom, so go make some metal! Details are in the spoilers below:

[spoiler=Requirements/Rules]- No Entry Cost! All entrants simply have to post in this forum and request admittance (or post an image/card text).
- Your entry must be a Spell, Trap, or Monster card that has "Cyber" or "Cyber Dragon" in its Name, or supports the "Cyber Dragon" archetype Directly or Indirectly (Example: You can have a Spell card that helps Machine-type monsters or Dragon-Type monsters without "Cyber" or "Cyber Dragon" in its name, or you can have that Spell card help "Cyber Dragon" cards directly, and be called "Cyber", etc). You cannot use custom Types or Attributes, or stats above 5000atk & def. Any further rules follow the standard YCM card tournament rules found here.
- Card entries must be placed in this forum post. I will not accept PM's for entry, as all players should be able to see the cards before reviewing. Also, if you decide to create an image for your card entry, you must use spoilers to hide the image and include the Lore of the card typed below the image.
- Edits will be allowed, however, you must edit your original post! Do not create new posts of your card when making edits. Any edits performed past the deadline below will not be included in judging. (As a side note, it's recommended to make notes on your original post whenever you make an edit and why you made said edits).
- April 1st, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time is the deadline (Basically, try shooting for the day before, if possible). Entries beyond that will not be accepted.

[spoiler=Prizing]1st: 250 points
2nd: 175 points
3rd: 100 points

[spoiler=Judging]
- If you would like to participate as a judge, you must PM me.
- is recommended to send a minimum of two cards you designed along with your PM. If you are credentialed as a judge by the Judge Test, then you will more likely be picked. You cannot use your card in this tournament as one of those two cards. If 3 or more judges enter, I will allow the judges to compete, but a judge cannot place a rating on a card they made.
- April 8th, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time is the exact time all judges should provide their rubrics (either by posting on this forum post, or by personally PMing me, and I will post the results). Anything beyond that will not be used. This may change depending on number of entrants. You can check the "Rubric" spoiler tab to see which format is expected

[spoiler=Rubric]
100 Points maximum is possible for any single card. Broken down:
60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the tournament? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If generic, how well does it work in other decks? Does it work too well, or not well enough? How does it work in the Cyber Dragon archetype?
30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Does its design feel fresh and unique? If so, how?
10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

[spoiler=Entrants/Judges]

Judges:

- YugsterMajor

- Black

Entrants:

- Yuuji Kazami

- Archlight Lux

- Royal Paladin

- Tythe

- shadowliepard

- Winter

-

I wish for a strong turnout for this tournament, and look forward to the feedback! If you have further questions, PM me.

- YugsterMajor

Kk, third attempt at a contest. There's literally no way you can abuse this card, unless I screwed up without knowing some hidden infinite loop. 

[spoiler=My Entry]M0oFhNA.jpeg

Lore:

2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank, except "Number" monsters

(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
When a "Cyber Dragon Infinity" you control is destroyed: You can Xyz Summon this card from your Extra Deck, by using it as the Xyz Material. During the turn this card is Xyz Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to the Extra Deck, and then you can add 1 "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.

Extra Info: Inspired off of Number C39: Utopia Ray V and Numerronius Numerronia. 

Self explanatory. Cyber Dragon Infinity is the most likely option to go for in Cyber Dragons, after Nova. Unlike Nova, Infinity does not have a float effect when destroyed, so I thought of providing one that isn't as devastating as going for a Fusion Monster. On your opponent's turn, it can buy another turn by not being able to be defeated by battle, and it has the potential to cycle a Cyber Dragon from your graveyard.

Also, this card is still susceptible to card effects, in order to make it not being able to overpower your opponent. They will still have a chance to activate something on that turn, or if not, they can set something and activate it on your turn to get rid of it.

Plus, since this card is still on the field, you wouldn't be able to instantly make another Nova + Infinity easily. This is because this card will still be on the field, so the Level 5 Cybers wouldn't be able to be Special Summoned with their own effects. Of course, Fusion is still an option. but they're not as useful as the Xyz Cybers in my opinion. No floats, although they can pack a powerful punch.

Kk, third attempt at a contest. There's literally no way you can abuse this card, unless I screwed up without knowing some hidden infinite loop. 

[spoiler=My Entry]KAF3loG.jpg

Lore:

2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank, except "Number" monsters

(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
When a "Cyber Dragon Infinity" you control is destroyed: You can Xyz Summon this card from your Extra Deck, by using it as the Xyz Material. During the turn this card is Xyz Summoned: it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to the Extra Deck, and then you can add 1 "Cyber Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Extra Info: Inspired off of Number C39: Utopia Ray V and Numerronius Numerronia. 

Entry Accepted! Nice work being the 1st

I'm in

[spoiler=Entry]LQhjR9h.jpg

2 or more Level 5 Machine-type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 "Cyber Dragon" and all other face-up Machine-type monsters on the field as its Xyz Materials. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Pay 2100 Life Points or destroy it. This card's maximum number of attacks per turn equals the number of Xyz Materials attached to it. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate card effects from their hand until the end of the Damage Step. During each of your End Phase, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has no Xyz Materials, destroy it.

Oh hey, we meet again. Mind if I join this contest as well?

(( I laughed when I saw Archlight's entry, he used a picture I actually happen to have waiting on my computer, found it while I was just searching for pictures, thought it was cool. Rest assured, my entry is quite different than that, even though it's quite sad I won't be able to use that picture in quite a while at least. ))

Oh hey, we meet again. Mind if I join this contest as well?

(( I laughed when I saw Archlight's entry, he used a picture I actually happen to have waiting on my computer, found it while I was just searching for pictures, thought it was cool. Rest assured, my entry is quite different than that, even though it's quite sad I won't be able to use that picture in quite a while at least. ))

What a coincidence indeed. Absolutely you can enter!

Well then, here is my entry (( Picture is large again )) :

[spoiler=Cyber Entropy]

Z53mXwK.jpg

Cyber Entropy

DARK

Level 3

Machine/Tuner/Effect

(1) If a Machine-Type monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target that monster; Special Summon this card from your hand, then that target loses 800 ATK, also draw 1 card if the original ATK of any of the materials used to Summon it (if any) is 2100. (2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material, the Synchro Monster that used this card as Synchro Material becomes Machine-Type.

[spoiler=My thoughts about the card]

First, a bit of flavor: The theme I went for here was 'Wrath of the Failed Experiment' , I mean just look at the image... The only other explanation is that the kid is a genius scientist, and he did that to himself out of pure lunacy. 

The card I drew inspiration from most this time would be T.G. Gear Zombie , both are low level tuners, and both cards have the effect of special summoning themselves at the cost of lowering the ATK of another monster. And yeaaaah... both are 'gear zombies' , in one form or another.

Another card serving as an inspiration would be Psychic Commander, most stats being the same actually (( Level 3 Tuner ATK 1400 DEF 800 )) , and both monsters having an effect which lowers ATK... and even their appearance is a bit similar!!

Now before you say anything, it wasn't on purpose, not all cards I create are DARK Machine-Types XD  The other type I thought giving that monster was Psychic, but that would be even less original, considering the above psychic commander inspiration, adding to our last contest having 2 of those level 3 psychic tuners.

Now, to gameplay mechanics:

I'll be going through each effect seperately here.

Effect 1:  It's an optional effect which triggers when a Machine-Type monster is special summoned from the extra deck. While it isn't that common, if it's cybers it's more than a possibility. However, to prevent it from missing timing on things like Chimeratech Rampage Dragon with its effect when it is summoned, I put an 'if' there instead of a 'when' . What it first does is targets that monster (meaning unusable for monsters which cannot be targeted, even though I can't remember any Machine-Types coming from the extra deck which can't be targeted by monster effects, the closest being towers, which is just unaffected. ) , special summons Cyber Entropy from the hand, then the target loses 800 ATK. I intended the ATK loss to be without a specific time frame. The consequences split into two here - If it was your monster which got affected, it would end up with low ATK, thus using that target as material that turn would be the optimal choice, if you ignore any effects which would let the target gain some ATK back...... I'm looking at you, Cyber Dragon Nova. If an opponent's monster is affected by the ATK loss, that probably means they have a play going on, and most Machine-Types coming from the extra deck have a way to beat down a 1400 ATK monster even if their ATK is lowered by 800 . ... unless you're looking at something like Dinomists doing Pendulum summoning.   The final part of the effect is drawing 1 card if any of the materials used to summon that target had an original ATK of exactly 2100. There comes the less subtle part of the Cyber support, the point of the contest. Most Cyber Fusions require Cyber Dragon itself, unless you're using substitutes, that's already a 2100 ATK monster, granting you the free draw. Another option, albeit horribly disadvantagous, would be the Xyz summoning of Infinity on top of Nova, Nova being the 2100 original ATK monster in this case. The 'horrible' thing here would be Infinity's ATK dropping by 800, assuming Nova had 2 materials that time, it would have 1900 ATK after the drop... not the hardest thing to go over, even without effects.

This is an A then B, also C effect, so things which would respond to the special summon of this effect would probably miss timing since the special summon isn't the last thing to happen. ( A ( special summon ) happens before B ( ATK loss ) and C ( draw if 2100 ATK ), which are simultaneous as far as I see )

Effect 2:  This effect was designed for the case when you use Cyber Dragon Core or another level 2 non-tuner (possibly Tuningware now that I think about it?) with it, to create a level 5 Synchro, which would then become a Machine-Type, perfect for a Nova -> Infinity play. Surprisingly not that much to say here, except that the OCG here gave me a bit of a headache until I looked at Bri Synchron.  ... I can't think of another use of this effect, except if you want a level 8 Machine? You could potentially go for beelze or another level 8 synchro from Chimeratech Rampage Dragon plus this card.

Ok.

[spoiler Card]Rebel Cyber Dragon

LIGHT *****

Machine/Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your Hand) to your opponent's side of the field by tributing 1 or no monsters they control. If you tribute no monsters, this card's original ATK becomes 1000. If this card is banished, target 1 banished "Cyber Dragon" monster (except "Rebel Cyber Dragon"), Special Summon it. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

2100/1600

Well then, here is my entry (( Picture is large again )) :

[spoiler=Cyber Entropy]

fYJSCe9.jpg

Cyber Entropy

DARK

Level 3

Machine/Tuner/Effect

(1) If a Machine-Type monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target that monster; Special Summon this card from your hand, then that target loses 800 ATK, also draw 1 card if the original ATK of any of the materials used to Summon it is 2100. (2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material, the Synchro Monster that used this card as Synchro Material becomes Machine-Type.

[spoiler=My thoughts about the card]

First, a bit of flavor: The theme I went for here was 'Wrath of the Failed Experiment' , I mean just look at the image... The only other explanation is that the kid is a genius scientist, and he did that to himself out of pure lunacy. 

The card I drew inspiration from most this time would be T.G. Gear Zombie , both are low level tuners, and both cards have the effect of special summoning themselves at the cost of lowering the ATK of another monster. And yeaaaah... both are 'gear zombies' , in one form or another.

Another card serving as an inspiration would be Psychic Commander, most stats being the same actually (( Level 3 Tuner ATK 1400 DEF 800 )) , and both monsters having an effect which lowers ATK... and even their appearance is a bit similar!!

Now before you say anything, it wasn't on purpose, not all cards I create are DARK Machine-Types XD  The other type I thought giving that monster was Psychic, but that would be even less original, considering the above psychic commander inspiration, adding to our last contest having 2 of those level 3 psychic tuners.

Now, to gameplay mechanics:

I'll be going through each effect seperately here.

Effect 1:  It's an optional effect which triggers when a Machine-Type monster is special summoned from the extra deck. While it isn't that common, if it's cybers it's more than a possibility. However, to prevent it from missing timing on things like Chimeratech Rampage Dragon with its effect when it is summoned, I put an 'if' there instead of a 'when' . What it first does is targets that monster (meaning unusable for monsters which cannot be targeted, even though I can't remember any Machine-Types coming from the extra deck which can't be targeted by monster effects, the closest being towers, which is just unaffected. ) , special summons Cyber Entropy from the hand, then the target loses 800 ATK. I intended the ATK loss to be without a specific time frame. The consequences split into two here - If it was your monster which got affected, it would end up with low ATK, thus using that target as material that turn would be the optimal choice, if you ignore any effects which would let the target gain some ATK back...... I'm looking at you, Cyber Dragon Nova. If an opponent's monster is affected by the ATK loss, that probably means they have a play going on, and most Machine-Types coming from the extra deck have a way to beat down a 1400 ATK monster even if their ATK is lowered by 800 . ... unless you're looking at something like Dinomists doing Pendulum summoning.   The final part of the effect is drawing 1 card if any of the materials used to summon that target had an original ATK of exactly 2100. There comes the less subtle part of the Cyber support, the point of the contest. Most Cyber Fusions require Cyber Dragon itself, unless you're using substitutes, that's already a 2100 ATK monster, granting you the free draw. Another option, albeit horribly disadvantagous, would be the Xyz summoning of Infinity on top of Nova, Nova being the 2100 original ATK monster in this case. The 'horrible' thing here would be Infinity's ATK dropping by 800, assuming Nova had 2 materials that time, it would have 1900 ATK after the drop... not the hardest thing to go over, even without effects.

This is an A then B, also C effect, so things which would respond to the special summon of this effect would probably miss timing since the special summon isn't the last thing to happen. ( A ( special summon ) happens before B ( ATK loss ) and C ( draw if 2100 ATK ), which are simultaneous as far as I see )

Effect 2:  This effect was designed for the case when you use Cyber Dragon Core or another level 2 non-tuner (possibly Tuningware now that I think about it?) with it, to create a level 5 Synchro, which would then become a Machine-Type, perfect for a Nova -> Infinity play. Surprisingly not that much to say here, except that the OCG here gave me a bit of a headache until I looked at Bri Synchron.  ... I can't think of another use of this effect, except if you want a level 8 Machine? You could potentially go for beelze or another level 8 synchro from Chimeratech Rampage Dragon plus this card.

Ok.

[spoiler Card]Rebel Cyber Dragon

LIGHT *****

Machine/Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your Hand) to your opponent's side of the field by tributing 1 or no monsters they control. If you tribute no monsters, this card's original ATK becomes 1000. If this card is banished, target 1 banished "Cyber Dragon" monster (except "Rebel Cyber Dragon"), Special Summon it. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

2100/1600

Accepted!

Joining!

Cyber Hydra

Lvl 3, 1600/1000, LIGHT, Machine

- Once per turn: You can tribute this card; add 1 "Cyber" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Hydra". You can banish 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard; equip this card from your Graveyard to a "Cyber Dragon" or Machine-Type Fusion Monster you control, but destroy this card during the End Phase. It can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. This effect of "Cyber Hydra" can only be used once per Duel. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Joining!

Cyber Hydra

Lvl 3, 1600/1000, LIGHT, Machine

- Once per turn: You can tribute this card; add 1 "Cyber" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Hydra". You can banish 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard; equip this card from your Graveyard to a "Cyber Dragon" or Machine-Type Fusion Monster you control, but destroy this card during the End Phase. It can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. This effect of "Cyber Hydra" can only be used once per Duel. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Accepted! Welcome aboard.

Bump! Roughly 10 days to get your entries in! All future entrants, and all entrants willing to make changes to their submission, should do so before April 1st, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time. Great job to everyone who has entered thus far!

I edited my entry , a tiny edit but I think it was necessary.

[spoiler=changes]

Added  "  (if any) "  in " also draw 1 card if the original ATK of any of the materials used to Summon it (if any) is 2100. " . Wouldn't want any confusions if the monster Special Summoned from the Extra Deck is a Pendulum Monster (( Like the aforementioned Dinomists )) . The intended effect is no draw if it's a Pendulum Monster.

[spoiler=Genesis]

x0PRAol.jpg

1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters
If you would Synchro Summon this card, You can treat 1 Special Summoned LIGHT Machine-Type Monster you control as a Tuner. Reveal 1 Light Machine-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, then send the Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Main Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your Extra in Defense Position. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Machine-Type monsters, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. You can only use the effect of "Cyber Genesis Dragon" once per turn.

[spoiler=Edit 1]

w3xbnPk.jpg

If you would Synchro Summon this card, You can treat 1 Special Summoned LIGHT Machine-Type Monster you control as a Tuner. Reveal 1 Light Machine-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, then send any number of Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Main Deck to the Graveyard (min. 1); Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Machine-Type monsters, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. You can only use the effect of "Cyber Genesis Dragon" once per turn.

[spoiler=reasoning]

Three changes were made, the first being the additional flexibility on the summon of the fusion monster. The three major targets are Cyber Twin Dragon, Panzer Dragon, and Cyber End Dragon. Although some of the X/Y/Z/V/W series might be interesting techs if one is willing to tech individual parts of those card in their deck. Now instead of needing to send all the material for every summon, an number can be sent, but a minimum of one is mandatory, This allows flexibility with something such as Cyber Repair Plant, but doesn't make this card useless after one use

The second was the removal of "this summon is treated as a fusion summon" for the "Ignore Summoning conditions clause"

Blatant oversight on my part, I did not realize that both Cyber Twin and Cyber End had fusion summon restrictions on them. The ability to summon more targets seems to be worth more in the scheme of things relative to being able to say Monster Reborn back a Cyber End

Finally, summoning the monster in defense position, seemed redundant due to the no further damage clause. Initially I was a little worried about Cyber Infinity being able to get "Free material" and OTK's with End and Twin, but both of those seem minor now)

[spoiler=Genesis]

x0PRAol.jpg

If you would Synchro Summon this card, You can treat 1 Special Summoned LIGHT Machine-Type Monster you control as a Tuner. Reveal 1 Light Machine-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, then send the Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Main Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your Extra in Defense Position. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Machine-Type monsters, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. You can only use the effect of "Cyber Genesis Dragon" once per turn.

Accepted!

Final Bump! Today is the last day to make changes or submit entries! If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to PM me. Once judging begins, I wish you all the best of luck!

- YugsterMajor

[spoiler=Genesis]

x0PRAol.jpg

Erm... Winter. You do know that in a Cyber Dragon Deck, the only valid targets for the Fusion Summon effect would only be Cyber Twin or Cyber End? 

Tah dahh

[spoiler='http://imgur.com/DVYloOq

Cyber Dragon Kaiser

Light

Level 5

Machine/Effect

If you control a "Cyber Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card(from your hand). You can only Summon "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" this way once per turn. When this card is Summoned, you can target 1 "Cyber Dragon" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if you do, negate its effects. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" once per turn.'

Tah dahh

[spoiler='http://imgur.com/DVYloOq

Cyber Dragon Kaiser

Light

Level 5

Machine/Effect

If you control a "Cyber Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card(from your hand). You can only Summon "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" this way once per turn. When this card is Summoned, you can target 1 "Cyber Dragon" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if you do, negate its effects. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" once per turn.'

Omf how to use spoiler tags..

Yup, go on, what level is cyber end? Hmm

Also Panzer mate

Panzer requires a Dragon-Type. Don't know what you're going to splash for that.

Cyber End requires sending all 3 Cyber Dragons. I guess Cyber Repair Plant could help, but if you don't draw into it or even if you do manage to draw into it, you'll only get 1 use out of the effect at most.

I'm just suggesting that the SS in DEF Position isn't necessary.

Archived