Sangan (Errata)

743160a6.jpg?resize=169%2C300&ssl=1

Sangan

Level 3 DARK Fiend-Type Effect Monster

ATK 1000

DEF 600

The effect of “Sangan” can only be used once per turn. (1) When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand. If you add a monster to your hand with this effect, you cannot activate the effects of monsters with the same name during that turn.

Still seems perfectly fine to be honest, but Sangan is obviously a lot weaker than it was in it's hayday. Thoughts?

Waiting a turn to activate said card's effect's not much problem. Feel free to argue me on this, but this errata seems solid, as it still keeps fair practicality. Not AS good as the original Sangan, but it's not trash either. Though I am concerned at just what Decks would utilize this card should the errata see release.

It didn't need a nerf, but it's still functional this way. Retains all of its old issues and more, though, and a number of the weaker decks that DID want it now don't, such as Fabled or Synchrons. At least, not near as much as they did.

It didn't need a nerf, but it's still functional this way. Retains all of its old issues and more, though, and a number of the weaker decks that DID want it now don't, such as Fabled or Synchrons. At least, not near as much as they did.

I still think it's a little too good. It can't miss timing and we're getting a lot of 2 scales. But they did do a nice job in making sure that searching hand traps with isn't ridic anymore

They need to make a card called Jailbreak with a bunch of DM era cards getting out and then proceed to errata them in the following list haha

I think Sangan can honestly fit in most decks. Ruling question though. If I use the effect of a card, then Sangan triggers, can I not search that card? What if it's my only target in the deck?

They need to make a card called Jailbreak with a bunch of DM era cards getting out and then proceed to errata them in the following list haha

I think Sangan can honestly fit in most decks. Ruling question though. If I use the effect of a card, then Sangan triggers, can I not search that card? What if it's my only target in the deck?

Sangan is mandatory so it starts the chain first. If you chain something else, particularly if you search for a last target in your Deck that meets the CL2 eff's conditions, then Sangan would fizzle and the deck would have to be shown. At least...that's what I think.

Nevertheless, Sangan was fine without the errata. Though, I did testing on a custom banlist with him in Shaddolls, and Fusing into Winda with him nets a lot of things like Veiler, and at most if I used a revival option I'd end the turn with a Winda + other floodgate/beatstick monsters and +2 Veilers in hand, which was really broken. But I guess Sangan can finally be freed from being a prison jabroni and can become a potential tech in most Synchro builds.

Sangan is mandatory so it starts the chain first. If you chain something else, particularly if you search for a last target in your Deck that meets the CL2 eff's conditions, then Sangan would fizzle and the deck would have to be shown. At least...that's what I think.

Nevertheless, Sangan was fine without the errata. Though, I did testing on a custom banlist with him in Shaddolls, and Fusing into Winda with him nets a lot of things like Veiler, and at most if I used a revival option I'd end the turn with a Winda + other floodgate/beatstick monsters and +2 Veilers in hand, which was really broken. But I guess Sangan can finally be freed from being a prison jabroni and can become a potential tech in most Synchro builds.

Right, so if I used Card Trooper, and Sangan dies. The only legal target in my deck is a second trooper. I have to reveal my deck and Sangan fizzles? Ugh

Sangan may still have a use in Dolls, the format slowed the funk down so grabbing a Maxx or such isn't a terrible idea. Furthermore, with TER back and Ignister gutted, Call becomes that much more attractive.

DMoC, TER and Sangan now let alone every Shaddoll out there.

Very interested to see your deck profile

For Metalphosis, the question of using this over Emissary of the Afterlife lies in that Emissary lets you use the monster you search, lacks an OPT, and has a more useful level overall. However, Sangan doesn't let your opponent search (if they also are using Metalphosis) and has a much wider range of cards that you can search. I mean, at the time being, Emissary's at 3 and Sangan's at 1; but for Metalphosis their usefulness is fairly equal, and there's no given reason that one is better than the other.

For Metalphosis, the question of using this over Emissary of the Afterlife lies in that Emissary lets you use the monster you search, lacks an OPT, and has a more useful level overall. However, Sangan doesn't let your opponent search (if they also are using Metalphosis) and has a much wider range of cards that you can search. I mean, at the time being, Emissary's at 3 and Sangan's at 1; but for Metalphosis their usefulness is fairly equal, and there's no given reason that one is better than the other.

I am pretty sure you would be able to use the effect of a Metalphosis searched through this card, as it says "you cannot activate the effect of monsters with that name", so as you are using them as Spells it isn't affected. This would obviously apply to any Pendulum Monster's Pendulum effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I am pretty sure you would be able to use the effect of a Metalphosis searched through this card, as it says "you cannot activate the effect of monsters with that name", so as you are using them as Spells it isn't affected. This would obviously apply to any Pendulum Monster's Pendulum effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Nope, you're on point.

Same as Fusion Conscription into Odd-Eyes.

Archived