Cherry Heart [Quest-based RP] Always Accepting

Aix

So it should have ended before it began? There's been times you've taken almost a week to post you know. And why is this the first I'm hearing against it?

I know you and Stalfos have been complaining in the chat about this, but neither really took the time to talk to me about it.

I gave people options to ask me what the result of certain actions will be to make posts faster.

I've posted almost as soon as I could whenever everyone posted. Had I implemented this 3/4 day thing from the start we'd likely be done by now.

So seriously, I'm tired of hearing about the snide comments that keep happening about this. Finally you KINDA are bringing it to my attention directly, after this long.

To be fair, I still would've complained if you were in the chat...you just happen to not be there for some reason even though it's not the clutter you thought it'd be.

I've just been complaining about the counter heaviness and intensity level for a starter quest.  Like...i get it, we had a lot of people so sure you had to split us up...but I feel like the whole point of this quest has been loss upon the clusterf***edness of this cave.  Sure I could've put in my complaints directly to you, but I figured this quest would've been done by now.  And between all the encounters we've had so far I believe that wouldn't be the case.  

Consider my complaint listed.  

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I still would've complained if you were in the chat...you just happen to not be there for some reason even though it's not the clutter you thought it'd be.

I've just been complaining about the counter heaviness and intensity level for a starter quest.  Like...i get it, we had a lot of people so sure you had to split us up...but I feel like the whole point of this quest has been loss upon the clusterf***edness of this cave.  Sure I could've put in my complaints directly to you, but I figured this quest would've been done by now.  And between all the encounters we've had so far I believe that wouldn't be the case.  

Consider my complaint listed.  

I multiplied the encounter level by 1.5 to make up for the amount of people. I showed the map to Hakima and Nai, as well as each encounter, several days before I put the IC up. To get opinions. It's all planned out. The toughest thing was the demon which was only that strong cause 6 people were fighting it.

There have been 2 fights so far, the wolves and the demon. (Demon avoidable)

Then the fungus thing which was a mental "battle" followed by a short and easily won fungus killing spree to move it along (avoidable)

The slimes was a trap (avoidable)

This latest thing was a riddle (avoidable but recommended)

And then there are going to be (And it makes me sad to reveal this honestly) three more encounters where at least one of them are avoidable and one of them should only last a couple rounds.

I have had this all planned out, just had to adjust slightly due to double the number of people.

It's meant to emulate a DnD quest.

It's meant to emulate a DnD quest.

I knew this was just a DnD fetish quest for you.  But due to it being so heavily DnD influenced, I feel the story of the quest is lost in the sauce.  Like...I thought we were going to have to chase some treasure stealing goblin...not spelunk through a treacherous cave, a walking distance away from a small village.

I get that you wanted to close your eyes and roll the dice, but it wasn't, and still isn't, fun

I knew this was just a DnD fetish quest for you.  But due to it being so heavily DnD influenced, I feel the story of the quest is lost in the sauce.  Like...I thought we were going to have to chase some treasure stealing goblin...not spelunk through a treacherous cave, a walking distance away from a small village.

I get that you wanted to close your eyes and roll the dice, but it wasn't, and still isn't, fun

I don't understand where the insults have to come from here. I don't want to go the route of mocking what something either of us create is modeled after.

Thing is. Many that I talked about it thought an actual DnD style quest would be a fun thing to do for many people. A couple traps, a couple puzzles, a few fights. And I'd like to hear the thoughts of the other four before I write this off as me making a non-fun quest.

The only prompt about this quest was "things go missing in the caves near a village" which has a lot of leeway. It's not like I totally changed the entire idea of the prompt.

I don't understand where the insults have to come from here. I don't want to go the route of mocking what something either of us create is modeled after.

Thing is. Many that I talked about it thought an actual DnD style quest would be a fun thing to do for many people. A couple traps, a couple puzzles, a few fights. And I'd like to hear the thoughts of the other four before I write this off as me making a non-fun quest.

The only prompt about this quest was "things go missing in the caves near a village" which has a lot of leeway. It's not like I totally changed the entire idea of the prompt.

They aren't insults?  I would never try to insult you...I just think you do have a DnD fetish.  

Anyway, the focus has left the treasure...we fought a mirror demon...why?  This was an entry level wizard quest.  Idk, I just shared my complaints.  They aren't the complaints of everyone.  But because I respect you, and I'm not a quitter, I haven't spun my beehind towards the exit.

The dnd style is just tedious.  If I wanted to play DnD, I'd play DnD.  

They aren't insults?  I would never try to insult you...I just think you do have a DnD fetish.  

Anyway, the focus has left the treasure...we fought a mirror demon...why?  This was an entry level wizard quest.  Idk, I just shared my complaints.  They aren't the complaints of everyone.  But because I respect you, and I'm not a quitter, I haven't spun my beehind towards the exit.

The dnd style is just tedious.  If I wanted to play DnD, I'd play DnD.  

I've played DnD once upon a time and enjoy it, idk about fetish.

There's a reason that thing is there (spoiler there's more quests later in the CH story that will branch off this cave I have in mind). And yeah, entry level, which is why the demon was weak enough to be taken down and only do solid damage to one person (Well Reshifu too which I still need to re-read cause I'm pretty sure Neru blocked that bite). It's one of two "tough" fights here. tbqh the focus leaving the treasure is in part because some of the treasure has been missed. Plus, there's coins and objects scattered about. "Lost treasure" referred to things the villagers lost. If it doesn't make much sense there's a dangerous cave, there'd be less sense in a pile of treasure stolen from a small village, right? This was my way of putting treasure in a random cave.

hehe beehind

I understand it frustrated you but it also frustrated me that things seemed to be going slower than expected and no one was communicating with me much. i didn't want to go to people cause I wasn't sure if it was idle complaints without anything behind them.

As for the latter. This RP is going to have a wide variety of types of quests. For instance one where you go to a beach and do an interview. Many probably won't be into certain ones so much. It's difficult to know until they happen.

Perhaps we should have a form filled out for types of quests everyone is interested in. We're going in blind for a lot of this.

[spoiler=Spirit of Ice]
Name: Kouri
Sex: Technically sexless, but acts Male.
[spoiler=Appearance]
NGeHSSl.jpg
Height: 5'10
Weight: He doesn't.

[spoiler=Personality]
Kouri is a highly curious being, constantly asking questions and looking around, touching things. This makes him seem childish, but that's not actually the case. He is unfamiliar with human world, because he is not originally from this plane of existence. He loves to learn and takes every opportunity he can to do so.

He sees the world through rose colored glasses, able to find the bright side of everything. He also has no concept of personal space, which is made worse by the fact the air temperature drops around him.

Due to being awaken early, his memory is spotty, having huge gaps of times that are completely blank. He remembers flashes of things... good things, bad things, even scary things. Still he keeps going forward with a smile and a bright attitude. 

[spoiler=Biography]
Kouri doesn't remember much of his life. Was he born yesterday? 10 years ago? 1000 years? He's not sure, but he recall small bits and pieces of his life. There was a great battle of some sort... a place called Cherry Heart... he was wounded, nearly killed. He froze himself in a cocoon to recover...

There was a huge gap of time missing from his memory, but the next thing he can clearly remember was waking up inside of an ice crystal with only two things he knew for sure. His name was Kouri, and he belonged in a place called Cherry Heart. He now wants to join, thinking it will be a lot of fun. If his memory happens to come back while he's there, all the better.

[spoiler=Abilities] 
Ice Magic: Kouri has the ability as an ice spirit to create ice and form it to whatever shape he desires, be it a sword, an elephant, or a block of ice. It can be melted by fire, or broken by extreme force. Kouri also has a weakness to extreme heat, being near it for too long can kill him.

Alright people, let's end this Nightmare Fuel quest quickly. A renown bonus for y'all and an app for me are all sitting on this. Now that I've posted, I want y'all to go for the door (of course, this means Xia actually listens to what she's told for once since entering the catacombs :O) so we can start the boss fight. When you enter, you'll find an otherwise empty and featureless room with a large, dark brown jar with a violet trim and a horned lid, if you feel like describing what's in the room.

WIP (Again)

[spoiler=Magical Trickster]

Name:Emmi Xaria

Height:5'3"

Weight:122 lbs

[spoiler=Appearance]Marx.full.1108340.jpg

"Hello... You wouldn't happen to know anything about an all-powerful being that can grant wishes? No? Okay then..."

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Biography]

[spoiler=Abilities]Illusory Mirror:Emmi creates a reflective wall of energy that distorts reality, confusing the enemy. This wall of energy can also deflect magic back at attackers.

Illusory Arrow Barrage:At the snap of her fingers, Emmi creates a volley of magical arrows that are capable of piercing the thickest hide or armor, though the strength of the arrows are rather low.

Split Up:Using her illusion magic, Emmi splits her body into two complete halves, each capable of performing attacks. Both halves have low power compared to if Emmi isn't split, making the halves more of a large annoyance to enemies.

[spoiler=Future Abilities]Split Gravity:Emmi splits her body into two complete halves and then creates a powerful gravity well between her two halves. Anything caught in the gravity well suffers intense, bone crushing pressure and is then shot back out.

Prism Flash:Emmi spreads her prismatic wings apart and proceeds to unleash a large colorful flash. This flash deals severe magic damage to those close enough to her, and blinds and disorients those far from her.

[spoiler=Misc]Emmi can't help but give a very creepy face when she splits her body in half. Both of her future attacks are capable of friendly fire, so she has to be cautious when using her full powers. Emmi has a distinct love of star gazing, so she can be seen laying down outside on clear nights, counting stars.

Cosmic Serenade:https://youtu.be/ZBsYtoVf0W4

Battle Theme:

I'm going to just close down this roleplay because I don't think it would be worth it to attempt a true revival and I've long tired of RPs flopping around like a fish on land before dying.

Post here if you want to finish up one of the remaining threads. I will unlock it.

Given that this is dead and the players seem unsure about continuing the quest....Here's the full map.

[spoiler=Map]XcLb1I8.png?1

As can be seen the RPers explored almost all the map. The only places not explored contains (that area with the weird shapes in the bottom middle) Troglodytes (Small lizard people). There was a pitfall trap at the entrance to the room, and once triggered two javelin and mace using enemies would attack, as well as a shaman preparing to attack. Next round there would be two more similar groups. They would be able to be dispatched with only a single attack each and really easy to beat.

And two large insect monsters in that area to the left of the Plague Hound area that you would either have to fight or sneak around (Gabriel would heavily suggest sneaking cause while they're frail they're fast and strong) hence the secret door.

I had planned on starting an item inventory for Cherry Heart, where people could put all the items earned during quests into a communal chest that characters could check out for quests as long as the hosts are okay with it.

Cave contained 5 items. Well 4 and one...you'll see.

Obtainable items included:

Ring of animal communication. Allows up to 5 minutes per hour of being able to speak with animals. This was obtained by jumping INTO the tunnel in the upper left, when the pillar comes down.

Vials of Mushroom Juice. These would be a limited item with 8 vials containing two doses of hallucinogenic coating that can be put on food, in drinks, or on weapons to cause brief hallucinations. Obtained by beating the fungus trap and taking some mushrooms.

Mirror of Holding. A foot long mirror shard that opens into a pocket dimension that can store up to 100 pounds of non-living things. Obtained by picking it off floor after fighting the Lesser Dimension Demon.

Lightning Amulet. A necklace that allows the wearer to, once a day, fire a powerful bolt of lightning without any prior training. Taken off a Troglodyte shaman.

Plague Hound Pet. Yes, you could have earned a pet Plague Hound. Which would have been obtained by leaving one of the males alive at the end, and spending a full round not attacking it. (Hints of course would be given once you're down to the one male).

Gabriel was "programmed" to pick up one of the first three items, depending on which direction he went. Otherwise it's all up to you guys. Obviously the only item you'd have obtained is the fungus, maybe the pet, and MAYBE the Amulet if you so chose to explore more.

Speaking of Gabriel

Plot Twist?

Gabriel was a villain! A powerful one that would have been revealed later in the story, with a small guild at his command, and with much more power than he has in his app. Yes this was approved by Kyng and Nai. He wanted to check out CH, see if he could sway anyone to his side, and learn its strengths and weaknesses before starting his mission to essentially take over the world and become a god.

He was half angel, and his father was a fallen angel who has recently tried to make up for his sins. A later quest would involve tracking down a dangerous "rogue celestial" and during that Gabriel's father would show himself to be a kind soul who doesn't want to hurt anyone, but Gabriel will strike him down and reveal himself as a villain.

So yeah pretty glad Basia didn't try and fight him that'd been awkward to work around.

Archived