Pokémon: Tipping Point [OoC/Started/Accepting]

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, now a minor infodump: All of Professor Pine's students have a Pokédex, one designed similarly to a 90's-style flip phone. If a Pokémon is registered to you, you can immediately check out its Dex entry, as well as generalized stats (I won't be monitoring exact stats, mostly because EV/Super Training numbers give me a headache trying to determine specifics).

Now, because of who captured these Pokémon for Pine (more on them when they are met), all 3 have the Hidden Abilities I gave them in-game. Since Talim won't have Rapthistle, Helena will, I will go over these 3 Abilities.

Rapthistle has Metabolism, which means all HP-recovery items and moves will have a doubled effect (eg, Synthesis will recover its health to full if it succeeds). Do not think Helena won't take advantage of this, especially once it gets its dual typing and a few more healing options. Its highest stats are HP and Attack, but its Special Defense is somewhat poor.

Bessiemer has Moody, which will suddenly lower one stat and raise another at random. It has exceedingly good Defense and Special Defense, but naturally low Speed.

Laconda has Swift Swim, which doubles its Speed if it is currently raining. It is a very fast special attacker, but very fragile with poor HP.

Also, when I introduce a Pokémon, unless it's one with a certain species trait (Gengar being pranksters, Fearow being stupidly aggressive, etc), I will describe a nature for you to track stats with. For reference, Rapthistle is Docile, Bessiemer is Bold, and Laconda is Timid.

And nickname away. As long as your Pokémon acts in a way that fits its Nature (Rapthistle will always be calm and collected, Bessiemer is crazy brave, Laconda is kinda nervous), you're free to RP your own Pokémon as you please.

Also, be ready to battle Helena. I suggest you scan your Pokémon in your next post.

<<Bessiemer, the Flare Calf Pokémon. Fire-Type. While they aren't stable when walking, these Pokémon charge surprisingly well. Evolves into Lavattle.>>

Starting moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Ember

<<Laconda, the Ambush Pokémon. Water-Type. Because of these Pokémon swim by twisting their tails, they are capable of swimming backwards, or even up waterfalls. Evolves into Storattler.>>

Starting moves: Pound, Tail Whip, Water Gun

All 3 Teno starters will gain a secondary typing upon evolving. Hint: check secondary colors mentioned.

All 3 Teno starters will gain a secondary typing upon evolving. Hint: check secondary colors mentioned.

Here's my guess based on what we know:

Laconda: Electric, based on the Stor(m) in its name and yellow eyes. (Water/Electric wouldn't be my first pick, but it does fit the speed aspect of the starter.)

Rapthistle: Flying, based on sky blue eyes.

Bessiemer: Rock maybe, based on the Lava in it's name, and the fact that it seems to be the 'tanky' starter of the group. I'm not too sure though since I didn't catch any secondary colors.

I managed to just barely scrape by, I think it was around 110 words or something. But to be honest, I think the limitation helped me to flesh out the character a bit more since I had to think of why they were going to do something instead of just what they were going to do.

Archived