Pokémon: Tipping Point [OoC/Started/Accepting]

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I wasn't sure if you would want all the starters to be male because of the 7/8 male ratio starters have. My Fennekin in Y was/is female. I did reset like 7 times to get it lol. So could I just start using female pronouns or do I have to ask the prof or whatever?

My Charmander in X was female, and I didn't reset at all, so I don't really mind.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with just throwing in the pronouns. Some pet owners don't know the gender of their pets, and quite a few Pokémon in the anime go unidentified for a while as well (see also: Jessie's Yanmega, which didn't have its gender revealed until Attract was attempted on it). So, honestly, you could just have Ashley make an assumption.

Waiting on Talim and TND.

Small casts mean everyone is relevant.

That's exactly what I meant. You don't count as someone we would need to wait for since you're running it and therefore keeping the RP going by posting is in your best interest. I mean, that's true for everyone, but you especially d:

Freaking Talim. You win for best post. Ashley's gonna lose her s**t when she sees Neos change into a Ditto xD

That is, if that's what you're planning. One thing, did you 'catch' yourself in a Primer Ball? How did that work? Wait, don't tell me, I'll ask IC if it comes up anytime soon.

As for the Squirt thing, what Neos thought of about Squirt eventually being a large (presumably imposing) snake and still being called Squirt is my exact intention. I'm really hoping this lasts long enough for all the starters to evolve at least once, if only for that irony to come to fruition.

I think the first evolution will be quite the event for everyone, albeit for different reasons. :526086_key:

Little snakie ain't gonna stay little! XD

And no, there won't be a reveal this early. Instead, it will appear like a Pokemon vs human battle when all of us in OOC Land know what's really happening. Also, it's called a Premier Ball, not a Primer Ball. And I actually do have an explanation at the ready for how the hell he's his own trainer, even at a legal standpoint within the system. Being technically-caught also means that, unless we're dealing with something screwy like the Snag Machine and the Snag Balls it turns Pokeballs into, he doesn't have to worry about being hit and pulled into a random Pokeball.

Funny you should mention evolutionary lines and sizes:

Laconda: 2'1" (length)

Storattler: 4'3"

Pythocean: 8'7"

Big snake is big.

Arbok is a bit over 11 feet, and Seviper is 8'10'', so it's a little smaller than a Seviper when fully evolved. I got a measuring tape out to help visualize what those lengths would look like. It starts off tiny, for a Pokémon at least, then still pretty small, then it becomes massive. How big are the others? I'm guessing that Bessiemer is the largest followed by Rapthistle, but I feel like Rapthistle will have the smallest FE form, Pythocean will be largest (length wise, at least) and Bessiemer's final form will be something in between.

Little snakie ain't gonna stay little! XD

And no, there won't be a reveal this early. Instead, it will appear like a Pokemon vs human battle when all of us in OOC Land know what's really happening. Also, it's called a Premier Ball, not a Primer Ball. And I actually do have an explanation at the ready for how the hell he's his own trainer, even at a legal standpoint within the system. Being technically-caught also means that, unless we're dealing with something screwy like the Snag Machine and the Snag Balls it turns Pokeballs into, he doesn't have to worry about being hit and pulled into a random Pokeball.

Oops, sorry about the misspelling! I'm curious how he'll make it look like he's still human.

Oh, and Draconus, you said that you made a game with these Pokémon, right? Do you still have the sprites? I'm sure everyone is at least a little bit curious about the design you made for the starters. Also, is Mega Evolution something that you're planning on including in this RP?

Mega evolution yes, with any new Pokemon no.

All the 3D models I had were lost when my laptop got stolen, same reason why I didn't finish the ROMhack. Those alone took hours to get right.

Rapthistle is 1'5" tall, tiny by starter standards.

Netteryx is 3' even from head to toe, but if you measured its tail length (raptor stance) it's actually pretty huge.

Arbortyl, Rapthistle's final evolved form, is 6'3" from top of head to bottom of toes, but is, again, in a raptor stance, which means it's a bit bigger than the raptors from the original Jurassic Park. Big lizard is scary. Oh, yes, then there's its long, leafy, spiky tail.

Bessiemer is the biggest starter in the history of the series, a full 2'3" tall, measured from ground to shoulder.

Lavattle is even bigger, 4'5", measured the same way.

Kratoxen, its final form, is ironically the smallest of the trio fully-evolved, at 6'6". Still, very big cow/bull.

Oh, and because I feel like it, here is the theme of the Legendary pair at the end of this adventure: order and control vs. freedom and chaos. The two teams are basically Pokenazis and anarchists, if you boil them down to substance.

And...my mind immediately went to Magic: the Gathering, with the Azorius for the 'order and control' one and the Rakdos and/or the Gruul for the 'freedom and chaos' one. I'm gonna lose my sh!t if it turns out the order/control one has blue and white as its primary colors and the freedom/chaos having red and either black and/or green for their primary colors.

Also, I suspect what the bull lacks in size, it more than makes up for in weight.

I have a few questions as well

1. Is there a day-care in this region
  2. Will we be able to get a map of the region
  3. are bidoof and ditto part of the Teno pokedex or will it just be missing data
  4. can the pokedex scan a Pokémon that is in front of it without using it's name (like in the animie)

All of these questions are for my next and/or future posts

1. Yes. It's available after the third Gym.

2. Yes and no. I'll try to describe it best I can, or map it out via ASCII.

3. Bidoof and Ditto are both technically available, but only in very specific locations I'll go over as they become relevant. For now, think the Honey Trees in Gen 4, or the Bait Spots in XD: You set bait, and show up later when a Pokemon finds it. Different Pokemon are available at each location.

4. Yes. Like I said, think a flip phone. A camera is available on the part that flips upward.

Helena grits her teeth, and gets an idea. "Rapthistle! It's up on a lamp! Smack it down with your tail!"

It's actually up on a bookshelf. I do specifically point that out.

The snake makes its way to a bookshelf as quickly as it can and deftly scales it, then starts moving its tail mesmerizingly.

If Rapthistle can knock over a bookshelf then okay, but I still feel like that's something I should be allowed to react to before you go on to attack, even if it's something that doesn't change the outcome like an internal monologue or a futile attempt to think of a way to get out of the situation. Not giving me a chance to do anything after doing something I could at least try to get out of is getting almost like godmodding imo. It if you just made a mistake then I get that since you might've missed that.

I'm allowed some secrets, TND. Hehe.

Oop, I done goofed on that one. I'll fix it in a bit.

Oh, and pinned=/=helpless. Think of it this way: Both Rapthistle and Laconda are in the red. One hit either way guarantees victory. Now, even without Laconda able to move, its Speed is still higher. What does Speed do in games in the series?

Archived