[Thar] My Splices

Thar

Nigh zero blending. Parts are unnecessarily independent from each other. Even the color doesn't place right...

With Solrock, you don't have just a face to work with. You have the following (list form for easier referencing);

• A sun shape
  • Dogu eyes, particularly the Shakoki Dogu style features
  • Spined rock surfaces
  • A ring of features going along the nose line up the body and around

With Cradily it's;

• Large round head
  • Wide near ear to ear smile
  • Fern/High heat type leaves
  • Long neck
  • Stubby body with equally stubby legs
  • Tiny tail
  • Skin patterns imitating eyes

Never-mind Salamence and Deoxys of course. I mean, the legs and tentacles could have easily been thickened, shortened, and a spined rock texture/feature elements added to make it appear more like stubby weapons to stand on. Etc. (Note: I could be missing some feature elements of those first 2).

I... I'm sorry Thar. I honestly can't say much about this in positive way. You have a lot of issues to work out. Give the next one a bit more of an earnest try?

I actually like it tbh, it's definitely got a whole host of issues but it's definitely not bad. 

The main problem is that you're biting off far more than you can chew here and you're not being concise at all really. 

It's impressive, but the excess is only overpowering the actually design, it would be equally as impressive and far more cohesive with less going on.

Cohesion is really important when it comes to splicing, designs have to be practical. And the aspects have to feel like they belong, especially when splicing by nature is taking to things are not made to be put together and then doing so. 

I was so proud of your execution on this one, then I noticed the right cannon thing, you forgot some pixels along the top m8, fix your sheet please.

Aside from that though this is definitely your best splice thus far. 

I was so proud of your execution on this one, then I noticed the right cannon thing, you forgot some pixels along the top m8, fix your sheet please.

Aside from that though this is definitely your best splice thus far. 

I have no idea how those two pixels got there, but thanks.

The head and left...right? It's the right wing technically but it's on the left so...left I guess.

They kinda blend together and makes it look strange.

Might just be the program, cause when I was making it, the border of the head contrasted well enough to separate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived