Color topic title item price reduction

Night

shop_item_img-10.png

Color topic title items in the shop are now 750 points rather than 2000 points. 

The reason for this is that up until the change only 200 of these items had actually been purchased, pretty much more than half of them being purchased by staff.

Promoting quality threads should be encouraged, hopefully at this new price point it'll be easier for members to do so. 

I don't see how allowing differently colored topics will promote quality threads...

Then again, there's literally zero reason to have them walled off other than being a funking eyesore. And it's typically just the children and nubbers on this that that make this site a terrible funking eyesores. Only the higher level members seem to know the shop even exists.

They don't really add anything to the site, but they don't make the site any worse off than it already is. If at least one person is happy about the change then I assume it was a job well done.

Not that anyone cares what I have to say of course...

That would actually be a funking eye sore, at least at 750, it's cheap enough that it would actually be logical for members to buy, but still expensive enough so that people wouldn't just buy 30 of them and use them for every random misc topic they post. 

If it were free there would definitely be those who abuse it.

Like I said before, the idea is to try and promote quality threads. By finding an appropriate price, members will in turn put a "value" on each new thread they make. If they deem it valuable enough to warrant a colored topic then they will buy the item. 

If I may suggest something while we're at it, reducing the price of the name change item in the shop would be pretty nice. At present it costs 3000 points for a name change, resetting your next free name change to 90 days after you use it. At the same time, you can instead join the VIP member group for three months, costing you 3000 points(1000 per 30 days) for THREE name changes within a 90 day period(or rather, 1 name change within a 30 day period per period of VIP membership). Something about this just seems sort of unbalanced. It's much cheaper to buy a VIP membership to get a name change benefit along with other VIP benefits than it is to buy the name change alone.

If I may suggest something while we're at it, reducing the price of the name change item in the shop would be pretty nice. At present it costs 3000 points for a name change, resetting your next free name change to 90 days after you use it. At the same time, you can instead join the VIP member group for three months, costing you 3000 points(1000 per 30 days) for THREE name changes within a 90 day period(or rather, 1 name change within a 30 day period per period of VIP membership). Something about this just seems sort of unbalanced. It's much cheaper to buy a VIP membership to get a name change benefit along with other VIP benefits than it is to buy the name change alone.

I actually disagree with this. There's plenty of places that don't allow even that much name changing. Of course I don't change my name all that much but I don't see why someone would really need that many changes.

Plus not everyone likes the VIP thing being attached to their names.

I mean, the VIP thing, to me, just means you should raise the price of VIP. It's supposed to be something special, or so it would imply, but it's cheaper than a name change? That doesn't make sense, and it's not on name changes, which are reasonably priced for a complete luxury.

I wouldn't mind lowering the price tag on profile music, but still needs to be a reasonable amount so you guys don't change them every so often (and stick with one for a good amount of time).

As for VIP, agree that it does need to be increased a bit to compensate for the benefits it provides.

----

With regards to the reduction in price of the color topic thing, I'm fine with the price tag as-is (though I rarely use them for stuff anyway, mostly since said posts are usually subject to change repeatedly).

Archived