(Splices)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ymc6jFr.png  LDbUUvE.png  oTU7Qru.png

Sprites used: Gastrodon (west? the pink one), Garchomp, Dewgong, Lumineon, and Scizor.

The scizor hands look a lil out of place to me. It might be the coloring, the yellow dots, or how the them and the arms don't look particularly proportional to the rest. But otherwise nice job and great coloring. 

h81oyOf.png  5T0OAjZ.png  jspNBWR.png

requested by yui

the discs on the side of the "head" look kinda weird. I feel like that if you slapped some eyes this could be like a hammerhead shark or something, but having them be that big and that blank just feels jarring. 

IaZcZOY.png  2DkKtqq.png  UBLJdKq.png

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

What a handsome boy

The scizor hands look a lil out of place to me. It might be the coloring, the yellow dots, or how the them and the arms don't look particularly proportional to the rest. But otherwise nice job and great coloring. 

Agreed. Those arms were a mistake.

the discs on the side of the "head" look kinda weird. I feel like that if you slapped some eyes this could be like a hammerhead shark or something, but having them be that big and that blank just feels jarring.

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Originally, the fins were going to come from that point, like the arms on regigigas, but I decided that I was really fond of the head as it was and placed it lower instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a resource somewhere in this subforum from a thread by Smear. CBA to find it, but it is called "resources for splicers" or something along those lines.

Anyway, time for a new creation. Some friends found an yveltal sprite and wanted me to make a thing with it.

PIuZZXK.png  mmwjqWu.png  QJrFIKM.png

This is some experimental sheet, I see what you went for and I like it.

More along this vein would be dope, reminds me of oldschool re-types from '08.

Kinda on a roll today.

GnkrW8d.png  smOXqxZ.png  xjqPUDO.png

Potentially your best, your biggest flaw honestly is that you get a bit carried away. Honestly though, you still manage to keep it in theme so it's not even horrendous like when other people splice.

Still, could use a bit more cohesion. The tail and the arms for example really look shoddily attached and throws off the balance of the splice, trimming the bulk of each would have made it less garish, and maybe adding something tied everything together like re-using the yellow orbs in places to mask attachment if you get what I mean. 

I got bored, so I thought it would be fun to do another splice.

AszMYVW.png   O6PCp95.png   TiRrQpz.png

100, 200, and 500% as usual.

Sprites used: Banette, Duskull, Dusknoir, Arbok.

This one is cool but it struggles from much of the same, too much and too big.

Your concepts always do work though, people often just go crazy with it for the sake of just doing so, but with your splices as chaotic as it can get at least you can say that there's a genuine amount of thought that gets put into it.

You have an eye for design, just try and work on the execution more. 

Keep it up. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, not a huge fan of how part of the pink outline kind of blends in with the rest of the sprite, but that's BW style for ya. Original BW Audino had that problem too.

Still, it's ridiculously pink and everything I wanted. XD

• 10 months later...

Archived