DM Pendulum 2016

(a text list of cards is often helpful for people that don't immediately recognize what card is what; not like it's a major requirement, but it's nice to keep in mind)

I should say right off the bat; this is a really solid build and, funny enough, very close to the build I had made originally: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348281-magician-dark-magician-redundancy-the-deck/

Now, some few tips that I can give that might help your build:

• You'll want 3 Ebon Illusions. It's the bread and butter of this deck. Easy to spam and easy to get out.
  • I'm not a fan of Dragon Pulse, even at 1. Its effect is fairly meh, especially in a deck that's pretty much 50% removal.
  • Odd-Eyes is also something I'm not terribly crazy on, since it's typically a little slow when it comes to searching options; its type also does not compliment the Ebon plays.
  • This deck is very lacking in the Beatstick Department; particularly in that you will have a lot of trouble dealing with something with decent protection and over 3000 ATK. Beelze helps a bit in this department, but his stat gains are too slow and he's too easily removed, not to mention that you might not be able to get him out often enough. 

So, for some harder changes, I recommend:

• -1 Dragon Pulse, and -1 or 3 Odd-Eyes
  • +2 Xiangke Magician - its level, typing, and attribute compliment Dark Magician stuff very well, and his quick-play effect to negate effects comes in handy in a lot of situations.
  • (optional) +1 Magician of Black Illusion - It's good; but yeah, I can understand why you may have gone 1 less for this build. Preference.
  • -1 Dracossack - Draco's fallen out of use. Considering how much removal you get out of this deck through Ebon Illusion and Dark Magic Circle, Draco just becomes redundant and, overall, a worse option than going for either; in stats and effects.
  • (optional) -1 Castel - Rank 4 isn't strong in this deck, and I would actually recommend you take out both of them probably. Neither of those will be used very often overall.
  • +1 Number C6 - 3 Level 7's; but more importantly it's got 3300 ATK/DEF and can boost that further with an effect much like Relinquished. Non-Destruction Removal of an opponent's monster with potential of 4300 or more attack? You'll want this; it's not terribly difficult to summon and it really fills that niche of a beatstick in this deck.
  • (optional) If you took out both Rank 4's; pump up that Ebon Illusion to 3 monsters y'all. You'll want it.

Other than that; you're very close to having a very solid build. Great job!

Archived