Aez does the Splice

ÆƵ–

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's okay that I bump this thread because hey hey Giga gave me splice fever

Any archive threads (Avatar, Custom Images, etc.) are allowed a necrobump by the owner, and only if they are updating/announcing an update to the archive.

This is technically considered an archive for your splices so yeah, it's fine that you've bumped this.

Also for the most recent splice, the arms are extremely out of place imo. Also the eyes would be better if they weren't exactly the same and proportionall to the rest of it.

• 4 months later...

15yvs4m.png

Definitely your best one, more like this.

Cohesion is probably the most important attribute in a splice, as long as all of the pieces not only fit but compliment eachother, other flaws can be overlooked.

From what I can tell it looks like you enjoy making really elaborate splices, just try and master this more simplistic style first. Nailing down the basics is really important.

Keep it up though. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Late response, but not too late.

I'm liking a lot of things about this. I've tried working with Sigilyph before, and the thing is wonky and hell. Using skarmory here was pretty clever. I honestly love the head. I would probably move skarmory's head plate down and to the right, by one pixel each, so that it appears more integrated into it rather than just as a hat.

I also would have just removed Sigilyph's coloration from the center portion. As-is, I feel it distracts from the rest of the piece, and make the top not seem to fit quite right.

There seems to be some weird shading issues at the bottom. I can see you used a fair amount of scratching to put these together, so making the attachment seamless just takes practice and patience. The bottom outline on the lower pair of wing things is far too light, and the tail just has some weird stuff going on overall.

All-together, I'm really fond of this. It was a clever idea, and you definitely used the right parts in the right spots. It just needs a little bit of cleaning up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, these are cool. Really like the Sigilyph-Skarmory (Skarlyph?) one for the fact that you actually made something good out of Skarmory. Thought that was impossible. 

The Raichu Metagross amalgamation is also interesting. I do recommend changing the leg shading a bit to match the body, but whatever it's fine.

Archived