~BS~'s splice gallery

~British Soul~

This is a first attempt, so it isn't going to be the best in the world, but I'm learning.

Sprites used: Mareep, Klink, Ferrothorn, White Door, and the tip of Ferrothorn's claw was coloured using the colours of Sunny Castform

dpe3d5.png

What do you think? I'd understand if you agree that it isn't the best in the world.

The thought I had was "Frightfur Sheep?", and I get the feeling that was what you were going for.

Colours work surprisingly well, despite being relatively unchanged. Also, I like the bugged-out eyes. :3

Yeah, I call the creation "Frightfur Mareep". With regards to the colours, I thought about using the shiny sprites of Klink and Ferrothorn because I felt the non-shiny sprite colours wouldn't work as well. The eye is actually Klink's.

Funnily enough, I planned to do Bear after completing Sheep. Leo is going to be a challenge though.

zl4xg6.png

Sprites used: Ursaring, Scyther, White Door, Burmy Trash, and the eye is Klink's

I think I'll use this thread for all my splices, and I do think the second was better than the first tbh.

Thanks, though I'm sure it won't be long before I move on to misc ideas.

This is a crazy clever idea to use that and I love it.

Glad you like it, BW2 has a good deal of unique sprites that are used in Pokéstar Studios like the White Door, Mecha Tyrantitar, etc. I didn't want to be restricted to using just pokemon when those sprites exist.

Now that we're allowed to, this is the piece I submitted for the PSOTW (That unsurprisingly lost to the winner and came equal last overall)

wvopoy.png

Sprites used: Beedrill, Vespiquen, Excadrill, Escavalier

I will admit that it's probably one of the worse splices I have done (haven't done anymore since either), and tbph I played a little too safe with this one, so much so it didn't get many good reviews during the match whatsoever.

• 1 year later...

I'm back to doing splicing after over a year

Splice5.png

Pokémon used: Heatran, Wailord

I do realise I played even more safe than the previous (and I could've done more to it, though it's been a year), but I'll return to doing more elaborate pieces in the near future.

EDIT: Speaking of...

Splice6.png

Sprites used: Porygon-Z, Metang, F-00

Out of the last 3 pieces, this is defo my favourite as of late.

Heatlord is definitely safe, but it works mostly. I woulda added another fin or something to make it more integrated with the water thing.

As for Metagon-00, I think some form of recolorinh would've been neat, because the design is all there, it just needq a binding agent, ya know?

Splice7d6f4e.png

Pokémon used: Rapidash, Raichu, Houndoom (shiny), Zebstrika and Galvantula (regular and shiny) for the mane/tail.

Heatlord is definitely safe, but it works mostly. I woulda added another fin or something to make it more integrated with the water thing.

Yeah, I could've added some fins somewhere on it.

As for Metagon-00, I think some form of recolouring would've been neat, because the design is all there, it just needed a binding agent, ya know?

I suppose I could've recoloured the claw to match the colour of Porygon-Z's arms/tail.

• 10 months later...

I said I'd be back to doing more elaborate sprites;

k2idTuF.png

Stealth Dragon, Shiranui

Sprites used; Machamp, Cresselia, Giratina, Charizard, Armaldo, Swoobat, Golduck, Samurott (mainly recolour of the Giratina part), and the ring is from Transport (BW2 Pokestar Studios opponent from "TimeGate Traveller"). Also Dragonair for the recolour of the wings 

holy sheet this is gorgeous

It is. The mane took quite a while though as you would imagine.

Archived