[Finished]The Distortion [Pokemon Card Contest]

Storm Button

Well, you kinda want your cards to function on their own (or with whatever Konami has made at the moment); not with other members' stuff (unless it is indeed a collaboration/team contest); THEN, you can base stuff on another member's card. 

(And yes, Yugster is male; just like I am)

----

If it wasn't obvious by now, TC, make sure you are prepared to explain your reasoning when scores come out. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Been busy with sheet, sorry.

Nobody is getting a 10/10 on anything. It's just not a thing I do. Even if it's worth a 10/10 it gets a 9 at most.

Yuuji's card:

Balance: 6/10

Casual playability: 6/10

Design: 7/10

Totality: 19/30

No time to judge more until later, after I marathon watch YogsCast.

Been busy with sheet, sorry.

Nobody is getting a 10/10 on anything. It's just not a thing I do. Even if it's worth a 10/10 it gets a 9 at most.

Yuuji's card:

Balance: 6/10

Casual playability: 6/10

Design: 7/10

Totality: 19/30

No time to judge more until later, after I marathon watch YogsCast.

??? Reasons please?

You generally should provide some reasoning, but you can just post the graded scores and then answer questions about the scores later. (I used to do that in the past for CC monthly when I was really tired after grading more than 10 or so entries).

It will save you questions in the long run though if you give a brief explanation. 

Again, you can just post the base scores, but be prepared to answer any questions from participants about why you gave them a certain mark. Explaining your reasoning beforehand at least shows us that you have a decent knowledge of card design + can critique properly. 

In your case though, this is a relatively small contest so there shouldn't be a lot of entries for you to grade (well, 4-5 anyway).

It's been a week, TC, are you still grading the entries or marathoning whatever show you're watching now is still occurring?

(And yes, I know what TC means in chemistry; it refers to you, the thread creator)

I wish he'd elaborate on my grading first as opposed to simply posting all the scores without explanations. 

I think we'd all agree on that; right now, entrants amount to you, me, Yugster, shadowliepard and YamiNeko.

Granted, I did say that you are permitted to do so if there are a great deal of entries that you have to grade, but just be willing to answer questions if you do. In his case, it would've been in his best interest to post some degree of reasoning. 

(He also did say he would be busy lately, but we would rather not have this thing stretch into May-June)

ANNOUNCEMENT.

*EDIT:I got a chance 2 go on for 2 secs 2 write this*

I will, as you read, be studying more, so i won't get to  finish up here. Very sorry, but my parents said so and don't wanna disobey.

Also, i'd love it if you were to top off the other entries,so no one feels pissed.

So, yeah, see y'all in a few months!

That's understandable (you should be studying instead of coming here), but just know that under section rules, I have to lock this after two weeks. 

(Or in the worst case scenario, I end up grading the other entries myself)

----

I should really talk, considering my academic thing with engineering work. 

We understand that much; a lot of us are still in school (hell, I'm 4th year university student and I have a lot of stuff on my plate as-is). Even my colleagues Zextra and Gadjiltron are in college doing things.

But yeah, it's going to suck that this has to end without knowing the scores for other members. 

We understand that much; a lot of us are still in school (hell, I'm 4th year university student and I have a lot of stuff on my plate as-is). Even my colleagues Zextra and Gadjiltron are in college doing things.

But yeah, it's going to suck that this has to end without knowing the scores for other members.

??? So his scoring for me is still valid without reasoning?

Archived