Pendulum Hole

PGPh5pe.png

TDIL-JP079 Pendulum Hole
Counter Trap Card
(1) If either you or your opponent Pendulum Summons: Negate that Pendulum Summon, and return those cards to the owner’s Deck.

Oh, it isn't a new Normal Trap, ah well. To be honest though, I find these kinds of specific summon negation cards a bit iffy, they only really work in the side deck, and there are already ways to negate stuff, so yeah.

I honestly think this card is mediocre.

Free as it is, simply running Solemns/Horns is better. This puts all their resources back into the second most optimal place; the deck. This mean searching is even more live, so their resources don't run out. A Joker PS means funk you. You can buy a turn, but a solemn does it better, outside of Ariadne.

I honestly think this card is mediocre.

Free as it is, simply running Solemns/Horns is better. This puts all their resources back into the second most optimal place; the deck. This mean searching is even more live, so their resources don't run out. A Joker PS means funk you. You can buy a turn, but a solemn does it better, outside of Ariadne.

I kinda have to agree (TCG). This reminds me a lot of OCG's struggle between Wire-Tap and 7 Tools. With the proliferation (in this case searchability of the cards you're spinning). They have a much higher chance of getting said cards again in the duel.

Looking at this card from an OCG perspective. I would rather have Luster Pendulum or such end up in the MD over in the grave where something like Reborn or Dinoster can snap it up

Here, let me do it one better.

Pendulum Trap Hole

Normal Trap

When either player Pendulum Summons a monster(s): Destroy them, and if you do, banish them and negate their effects. Pendulum Summoned monsters cannot activate their effects in response to this effect.

This would be an okay to good card, and it's still narrow. Only saving grace is raff.

Here, let me do it one better.

Pendulum Trap Hole

Normal Spell

When either player Pendulum Summons a monster(s): Destroy them, and if you do, banish them and negate their effects. Pendulum Summoned monsters cannot activate their effects in response to this effect.

This would be an okay to good card, and it's still narrow. Only saving grace is raff.

I'll gladly respond that Normal Spell to a Pendulum Summon ;)

But yeah, not quite sold on this one while we have options the Horn and the Solemns. Shuffling is just such an ideal act at this point really, so not a real point......

TSTH has the blessings of Rafflessia and being able to also shuffle EDs. I would rather resolve a BTH in all honesty, but for what it does it works. Imo though in general this card was just too late

Ehh, Majespecter are a jabroni in OCG to deal with. It literally boils down to BoE them, then using something along the lines of DMoC to remove Kerin from the game completely. Which is where this card fails, cause it doesn't come close to removing them from the game.

@Black...isn't that going a bit too far mate?

So, this card is better as something that Ariadne can search. For everyone else that likes Rafflesia more, there's always

TimeSpaceTrapHole-PGL3-EN-GScR-1E.png

so we have 2 mediocre cards instead of one good card

You won't run this in Ariadne because Solemns and HoH are better.

Time-Space kills you for playing it.

Just as it is with Soul Charge, a lot of players do not mind this if it means utterly shutting down the opponent's play and giving you victory.

it isn't comparable, though people love to try

Pendulums can do more than just a pendulum summon. In addition to effect on PS, NS/etc. still exist. Returning 5 WILL kill you against Pendulum, unless they lost everything.

Opponent dependent LP payment that's dead as you get later and hurts their advantage =/= self dependent LP payment that advances your board

The lack of control is what makes it meh.

it isn't comparable, though people love to try

Pendulums can do more than just a pendulum summon. In addition to effect on PS, NS/etc. still exist. Returning 5 WILL kill you against Pendulum, unless they lost everything.

Opponent dependent LP payment that's dead as you get later and hurts their advantage =/= self dependent LP payment that advances your board

The lack of control is what makes it meh.

Actually, if you think about it, it's kind of an Inverse Soul Charge, and as Winter said you are able to control how many you remove and pick which. The thing is, especially from my experience with Dracopals, a well-place Time Space can and will really ruin someone's day. Just plopping it down willy-nilly like you imply will kill you, yes. Making an educated activation based on what they summon, what they did in the turn before hand, and what their hand looks like (or lack there-of); you can very much ruin someone's day and take the match.

Archived