Chaos Emperor Dragon (Newest Errata)

Yeah, this thread I promise to be serious lol. I love this card. Everyone knows about the most legendary card in all of Yu-Gi-Oh, Chaos Emperor Dragon. Apparently, it's coming back with the newest errata that  the player that activate this effect cannot activate any other card effects that turn, and that it only does damage to your opponent for each card of theirs that was sent. 

Thoughts? Anyone else want Chaos Emperor Dragon to come back, or is is it still just too damn powerful?

NEW TEXT
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During the turn you activate this card’s effect, you cannot activate other effects. (1) Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; send all cards on the field and in both players’ hands to the Graveyard, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each of your opponent’s cards sent by this effect.

OLD TEXT
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points; send all cards in both players' hands and on the field to the Graveyard, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

omQwYEn.jpeg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was errata'd in OCG a long time ago, so not exactly new news.

-----

It's searchable off Melody, and it's still an on-demand 3k beatstick that is also a Gagaga Cowboy.

Even with the errata, it's still ludicrously good, enough to keep it at 1 at best.

I know it is old news, but it's not TCG official yet. I'm assuming you're in favour of Chaos Emperor Dragon returning?

Really clever errata they made to him, though i would have prefered not to make it a nomi.

I still find odd the fact that they gave him a "soft" OPT to its effect, since it has the no other effects clause it wasnt necesssary, unless you negate its activation without destroying it, but only few cards negate activations a let the monster lives.

Nevertheless the nuke it still powerful enough to have more than 1 copy

It was broken in Dark Matter Rulers and kinda amazing in Shaddolls post it's unban in OCG.

Then the rulers and construct got banned. Card faded, went to 3 in November OCG.

Sees moderate use in BA and Blue Eyes due to being an instant Harbinger w/ Awakening and being busted with Arkbrave.

When Kozmo hit OCG, it'll hopefully go back down to 1, not a healthy card to have at 3 IMHO

Edit: Oh, I thought it got confirmed for TCG, matter of time now seeing it got reprinted in the Millennium Pack I guess

I'd prefer it stay at 0 tbh.

virtually costless field AND hand nukes that do effect damage is not something that sits right with me.

Not costless, the cost is not being able to do anything else. The problem with it isn't so much the nuke as the typing on it. Chaos, Dark, lv8, Dragon, 3k/2.5k

That's a good body. 

TCG unlike OCG has primal seed at 3 IIRC, CED is a hell of a lot easier to find than BLS, something will have to give. It's fine at one for sure though

Hardly weak now anyway. Just not the same. Presumably will go to 1 and we shall see what happens.

Got reprinted in OCG's millennium pack, and TCG gets the same set in May IIRC...so the July list maybe?

It's still a cheap 3K Lv. 8 dragon with the potential to do more. Shouldn't be at 3, but idk how I feel about 0/1, due to not experiencing it first hand.

100% agree. There was a point in the January format where Nekroz players would scoop if you got them down to 2k LP, cause Wyvern into this card was a simple step away. And DMD Rulers were honestly stupid with it.

Three is a terrible idea, but as far as IK, BlueGrand decks mostly run it at 2 for arkbrave, not three.

I think Konami will need to return both this and DMoC to 1 if Construct ever comes back or when Kozmo hit. Whichever is sooner.

Bottom line, nothing can really abuse it atm. Brave-Envoy is good, but veiler is a thing, and BA making Harbinger at a +1 is annoying, but Dante's limit makes it not quite as good of a T1 play. When the relevant deck comes out however, I can see it going to 1

Not costless, the cost is not being able to do anything else. The problem with it isn't so much the nuke as the typing on it. Chaos, Dark, lv8, Dragon, 3k/2.5k

That's a good body. 

TCG unlike OCG has primal seed at 3 IIRC, CED is a hell of a lot easier to find than BLS, something will have to give. It's fine at one for sure though

Got reprinted in OCG's millennium pack, and TCG gets the same set in May IIRC...so the July list maybe?

100% agree. There was a point in the January format where Nekroz players would scoop if you got them down to 2k LP, cause Wyvern into this card was a simple step away. And DMD Rulers were honestly stupid with it.

Three is a terrible idea, but as far as IK, BlueGrand decks mostly run it at 2 for arkbrave, not three.

I think Konami will need to return both this and DMoC to 1 if Construct ever comes back or when Kozmo hit. Whichever is sooner.

Bottom line, nothing can really abuse it atm. Brave-Envoy is good, but veiler is a thing, and BA making Harbinger at a +1 is annoying, but Dante's limit makes it not quite as good of a T1 play. When the relevant deck comes out however, I can see it going to 1

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Infernoids yet. Honestly, since there is usually a bit of Lightsworn splashed into the Deck, you can always Xyz/Synchro a Dark monster and make it become the dark banished requirement for this card. 

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Infernoids yet. Honestly, since there is usually a bit of Lightsworn splashed into the Deck, you can always Xyz/Synchro a Dark monster and make it become the dark banished requirement for this card. 

It sounds cool but you must realize that Infernoids lose to themselves 7/10 times and can't afford to run something like this dipping their consistency further.

It sounds cool but you must realize that Infernoids lose to themselves 7/10 times and can't afford to run something like this dipping their consistency further.

Lol, each time I play a Infernoid Deck on DN, they never brick once. XD

I think it depends a lot on the build tbh. Seriously, you can even splash cards like Allure of Darkness in as long as you set the S/T you need beforehand. As long as you get a Level 4 Lightsworn into the Graveyard, and activate Instant Fusion, you can easily get a Level 8 Synchro or a Rank 4 Xyz out. 

I really don't believe in cards like Void Seer in an Infernoid Deck. =/

> Allure of Darkness

> Infernoids are FIRE

...I don't get it. Explain?

------

Also, as for Level 8 Synchros and Rank 4s, Infernoids either want to make Omega, Scarlight, Gem-Knight Pearl, Castel, and Abyss Dweller; only Scarlight is DARK, and you only make him in reaction to the opponent (Kozmo ships, you have game via burn damage), not so he can go to Grave and fuel CED.

> Allure of Darkness

> Infernoids are FIRE

...I don't get it. Explain?

------

Also, as for Level 8 Synchros and Rank 4s, Infernoids either want to make Omega, Scarlight, Gem-Knight Pearl, Castel, and Abyss Dweller; only Scarlight is DARK, and you only make him in reaction to the opponent (Kozmo ships, you have game via burn damage), not so he can go to Grave and fuel CED.

It's to get an additional drop into the Graveyard. Because you can't banish a Dark Monster, you have to send all of your hand to the Graveyard.

Of course, you could get flop draws and receive all spells instead. It really depends on the build, I've seen it done before on DN, so I thought i should mention it. 

Looked stupid to me too. But he dropped Onuncu with it. XD

...Dark Rebellion was forgotten?

It's to get an additional drop into the Graveyard. Because you can't banish a Dark Monster, you have to send all of your hand to the Graveyard.

Of course, you could get flop draws and receive all spells instead. It really depends on the build, I've seen it done before on DN, so I thought i should mention it. 

Looked stupid to me too. But he dropped Onuncu with it. XD

...Dark Rebellion was forgotten?

Dark Rebellion is bad in Infernoids because it counts towards the limit. Also, UTL took over that spot for those that did run it to out stuff.

Forgot about that last part of Allure, sounds interesting, I suppose.

Not being able to use any other effects that turn is "costless"?

Considering decks that will likely use it, don't have loads of Graveyard-esque effects, Yes. 

In addition to being an easy as funk to summon splashable 3k Beater, it has a cut-off point like Cowboy, only the cut-off point is much higher, late-game, its easily going to deal anywhere from 1500-3000 or even more damage on its own, and that's only if you don't swing with it first either directly or on a weaker monster, otherwise, the damage it'll do on its own can be even higher.

Considering decks that will likely use it, don't have loads of Graveyard-esque effects, Yes. 

In addition to being an easy as f*** to summon splashable 3k Beater, it has a cut-off point like Cowboy, only the cut-off point is much higher, late-game, its easily going to deal anywhere from 1500-3000 or even more damage on its own, and that's only if you don't swing with it first either directly or on a weaker monster, otherwise, the damage it'll do on its own can be even higher.

That's all well and good, but how has it performed in the OCG, and if it carries over here, which relevant decks will it be the most reliable in?

This is assuming Chaos doesn't take off again in the near future.

That's all well and good, but how has it performed in the OCG, and if it carries over here, which relevant decks will it be the most reliable in?

But the thing is, everyone is getting scared of Chaos Emperor Dragon being released at 3 in the TCG with the new Errata. 

I'm not too sure on how it is doing in the OCG, but hasn't it been released at 3 copies in Asia? I think that Primal Seed is at 3 now apparently.

Lol, each time I play a Infernoid Deck on DN, they never brick once. XD

Cool. Anecdotal evidence doesn't have much weight however

Was in 2 meta decks at 1, vanished for 6 months after those died. Occasionally sees play in Blue Eyes and BA

But the thing is, everyone is getting scared of Chaos Emperor Dragon being released at 3 in the TCG with the new Errata. 

I'm not too sure on how it is doing in the OCG, but hasn't it been released at 3 copies in Asia? I think that Primal Seed is at 3 now apparently.

Only in TCG mind you, OCG only has 1 PS

Cool. Anecdotal evidence doesn't have much weight however

Was in 2 meta decks at 1, vanished for 6 months after those died. Occasionally sees play in Blue Eyes and BA

Only in TCG mind you, OCG only has 1 PS

Kk, nvm about Primal Seed. But is Chaos Emperor Dragon is at 3 for OCG?

Archived