YCM Easter Event 2016

Flash Flyer - Sakura

13_%5BNw%5DYCMEasterLogo.png

Welcome to the 2016 YCM Easter Egg Hunt.

Objective

There are 34 eggs for you to find (which is four more than last year); like last year, there are two tiers of difficulty in terms of the eggs.

Level 1 (eggs 01 - 22): You will be given pictures of the eggs (below), and generally more direct hints to where they can be found.

Level 2 (eggs 23 - 34): You will not be given pictures of the eggs, and the hints will be more vague or even cryptic (you will need to think hard about them). However, you should be able to find them otherwise.

[spoiler=Capture of the first 22]

GP0TSTJ.png

-----

There are an equal number of eggs buried in profile pages and forum functions (either in threads / announcements) for the challenge eggs, BUT there are 10 member / 12 forum ones for the ones you see before you.

All of the eggs are buried in areas that you should be able to access. Most of the thread eggs should be on page 1, but at worst, you should not have to venture back more than 3-4 pages. You will, however, have to search all over YCM, including places where you would normally not go.

Deadline

You have until April 11th, 2016 @ 11:59 pm Hawai'i Standard Time (UTC -10:00); keep in mind that I do not observe DST.

The event will not be ended early if someone manages to discover all 34 eggs. Results will be announced 1-2 days after the event at latest (remember I may have unexpected events to attend to, due to this still falling during the academic year).

How this event works

[spoiler=Click to read]

1. Once you see this thread, the games have begun.

2. When you find the location of an egg, PM me with your findings (either with the name of the thread you found it in, or the member profile that it's in). Use that same PM to notify me of future finds, so it is easier for you and I to keep track of your progress.

3. Be warned that some of the Easter eggs from 2014 and 2015 may not have been removed; all of this year's eggs will have similar numbering on them (in terms of font); look at the images of the first 22. 

Do not get those eggs confused with the ones from past years (the 2015 versions also use the old YCM logo).

4. Eggs will always be in the first post in a thread and on the 'About Me' page of a members profile. They are not hidden in spoilers nor in member signatures.

Most of the member eggs will be people you should generally know well, but there may be exceptions (i.e. veteran members from the days of old YCM or some other places).

Hints are your best friend in figuring out the members/threads, whether they're provided here or implicitly given in other areas. Use them to your advantage in tracking them down.

5. This is an individual event; if you find an egg's location, then keep it to yourself.

6. If an egg is in your profile and you participate, that egg won't count towards your final score unless you manage to find every single other one.

7. Whoever has the most eggs by the end of this event wins, however those of you who find a certain number of them will receive smaller prizes.

8. All standard YCM rules apply.

[spoiler=Hints]

1. Vote for me, and you too can wear the glorious red, white and blue.

2. A legend from the days of old; Night and them go very well together.

3. Flashing leaves in the dancing blossoms, here and now will create a picture of the future.

4. I'll be back soon in ARC-V.

5. Gotta be better than Konami in the design department, right?

6. Designing Yu-Gi-Oh for Dummies - 2nd Edition

7. "Yo imma let you finish, but recycling Berry Juice was the best thing of all time"

8. Giving away free lessons.

9. Someone explain why one of us needs to tell you how to read.

10. The amount of likes = the number in my old username.

11. Eldest of the former guard.

12. Your card making lies in the hands of fate.

13. I'll be a treintañero in three months, but look for me upon the avatars of events past.

14. If you need to find us amidst our many name changes, look here.

15. Saffira married two people on YCM; find one of them. 

16. I tried to hold a contest, but not enough of you kids bothered to show up.

17. Clear your mind and consider if I am your guiding light for victory.

18. Gadgets and me.

19. Oceano de sangre; soy un miembro veterano de calidad alta.

20. Two phoenixes rose from the ashes; find the one that constantly regenerates.

21. I sponsored the return of Atlas-sama to his glorious state.

22. This may be relevant.

23. ♪ Even though it's dark, blue skies are coming your way ♪ (The number 1225 is of interest to you)

24. Reading this is obviously the best use of your time.

25. I was once a legend among the GFX community, but you may want to search for Rank 6.

26. I shall teach you to be the most stylish person in Kalos.

27. Red to me is what green means for the rest of you.

28. For a time, I was Hobbes from the comic.

29. A tenth of the original; he who once walked the land of the highest caliber.

30. Graphic knowledge goes a long way, especially for some people.

31. Either read this or you take a 270-level course in English.

32. One of the few who wear the imperial guard as a badge of honor.

33. A little reminder that the holidays never end, as far as YCM standards go.

34. Can you feel it? The king's burning passion!

[spoiler=Prizing]

Whoever finds all 34 of the eggs hidden in this event shall win a permanent member group of choice + 34,000 points (1K per egg). Accommodations will be made if you already have a permanent group.

Those of you who find at least 22 eggs (or all of the eggs you have pictures of in general) will be eligible for two months in a member group of choice + 1k for every egg you found.

Those of you who find at least 12 eggs will be eligible for a small prize (likely will be color change stuff or something).

iU8EggM.png

That should be everything. If there are any questions about what you're supposed to do, please ask. 

At the time of posting, eggs should be in place. 

Good luck!

So is there at least one egg in every section? 

In which case, the Arc V question. Does it refer to someone from one of the previous series?

Or can you not say?

If you've been paying attention to recent leaks, then the answer will come. May be easier than you think.

As for the other question, some sections will have multiple eggs but they should be spread out across the entirety of this board (the parts you can access).

If you've been paying attention to recent leaks, then the answer will come. May be easier than you think.

As for the other question, some sections will have multiple eggs but they should be spread out across the entirety of this board (the parts you can access).

I have been. And what I find funny is I went and edited that MINUTES AGO, because I had just found the egg. Either way, this bumps me uo to 17 total.

No, #22's hint wasn't intended to be removed.

I have a backup link in case, but that may make the hint slightly more difficult to guess [same music though; hopefully THAT one isn't removed too].

----

EDIT: The equal member / thread eggs applies for the challenge parts, BUT the regular eggs are actually 10 member / 12 forum. I went back to check my location guide.

Archived