Pokémon: Tipping Point [IC]

Draconus297

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

As he walked, he noticed the lake. He wondered what Pokemon could be in there, although he didn't have a rod on him at the moment. As he pondered this, Ashely spoke.

"Hey Daniel? You're from Unova, right? That's a long way to go as a solo Trainer. Are you fresh off the boat, or did your family move to Teno too?"

"Ah, yes I'm from Unova." He responded, nodding his head. "It's quite a bit far off, but I felt like I needed to come here..." He turned to Ashley. "The former, although I did stay here for a bit with my aunt who's lived in Teno for about 8 years now. My dad is a researcher back in Alola, and he didn't have much data on the Pokemon that live here." He gestured his hands to the forest around him. "So I decided to start my journey here! That way I can help my dad's research and I can explore a new region. A win / win if I've ever heard of one." He clasps his hands together, taking a moment. This was more than he was used to saying at once. "How about you? Your family moved to Teno?" He asked her as they walked.

[spoiler=OOC] Whoops, my bad! This whole time I thought it was Phansnail (phantom + snail). I'll fix that up asap!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah, that's a big win-win. And yeah, sort of. My parents did, but my younger and sister and older brother are off doing their own thing. Sis is a coordinator, you might have heard of her actually if you follow the Contest scene..." Ashley said, looking away from Daniel. "And my brother's a big-shot Trainer in Unova, sweeping Gyms left and right. Then there's me, barely a Trainer. Guess everyone's got to start somewhere, right?"

The two walked in silence, Ashley mentally chastising herself for running her mouth about her siblings. Great, another person who will be comparing me to them. Just what I needed...

"Oh hey, you said you're dad's in Alola? That's pretty cool. I've only heard about it but I'd love to go some time. Though I burn pretty easily to be honest." Ashley laughed a little and turned to Daniel to see his reaction. He seemed so much more experienced than her. Not just as a Trainer but life in general. She decided she was going to try and not worry about what other people think about her, but saying it is a lot easier than putting that into practice...

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

"A big shot in Unova, huh..." He said moreso to himself. He remembered hearing something similar, although there were quite a few stories like that one. He made a mental note to ask her about her brother later as they continued to walk silently towards the center.

Suddenly, the silence was broken. "Oh hey, you said you're dad's in Alola? That's pretty cool. I've only heard about it but I'd love to go some time. Though I burn pretty easily to be honest." He turned to Ashley, who was already looking at him.

"Huh? Oh yeah." He responded. "Truth be told, he only recently got moved to Alola - about a week ago or so? I got to stay there for a bit before moving here." He turned away from her. "It's pretty nice there... although I don't think I'd go back... I also burn up really easily..." He had a slight blush on his face as he seemed to be remembering something specifically, his voice getting quieter as he spoke.

As they were talking, he noted that they were now in front of the Pokemon Center. "W-Well, this is our stop." He said, reaching out to open the door.

Archived