Meteor Houkai Device Duja

99e603c8-s.jpg?resize=169%2C300&ssl=1

Machine-Type/LIGHT
Level 4

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Houkai" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if a monster was sent to your Graveyard during this turn: You can activate this effect; this card gains 200 ATK for each different monster in your Graveyard until the end of this turn.

1600/1600

Strangely, this card doesn't follow the Houkai rules that were set out, I wonder why. Anyway, hard to say how they will play besides this, if they are about sending from the Deck, that could be neat, but we don't know a lot yet.

Well the boost might be alright, considering it can reach 2400 with 4 monsters in the graveyard, anyways the fact this card states "houkai" card makes it a tribute lanius type of monster and hints that the movie booster will include spells and traps for them (on top of the 6 houkais in the pack).

The funk?

How is an Armageddon Knight "terrible on its own"? Especially when the latter effect isn't even bad.

It doesn't have full scope yet, due to us not knowing the others, but an Armageddon Knight is never going to be a terrible card. There will be some use for being able to dump these guys, and this guy's effect seems to imply that's a trend.

This thing is not something to call mediocre or terrible, it's something to sit and podner what comes next, and react when we do see it.

These the guys Aigami is going to use?

Yes, they are.

They're supposedly similar to Fortune Ladies in theme, so this is probably the "Solitaire Magician" of the theme.

Also I realized, they continued the trend of Armageddon Knights having 1800, because if this is your first play it can be 1800.

This looks...really familiar.

[spoiler=In fact...]

640px-Hostile_Program_KHII.png

It looks quite a bit like the Hostile Program from Kingdom Hearts II, but that's probably just me.

On Topic, though: The Armageddon Knight effect is pretty nifty, and I'm glad to see we're getting more (seemingly) Grave-reliant decks. The ATK gain effect seems relatively weak though, but that's just for now, at least.

On Topic, though: The Armageddon Knight effect is pretty nifty, and I'm glad to see we're getting more (seemingly) Grave-reliant decks. The ATK gain effect seems relatively weak though, but that's just for now, at least.

... PFFFT

I MEAN, I'M NOT LAUGHING AT YOU AND KINDA AGREE, BUT STILL

If someone said that 1.5 years ago they would have been shot xDD

Shall we go through the recent trend :)

Construct- Banned

Mathematician- Limited

Lavaval Chain- Banned

Armageddon Knight- Limited

Foolish Burial- Limited

I think Black was the one who said it, but Foolish Burial effects are among the strongest effects in the game atm, Generic ones tend got get hammered, and archetypal ones tend to be hit or miss depending on the deck they're in.

Ie. Unk is at 3, but Construct is at 0. The power of this guys effect really depends on what the rest of the deck shapes up to be, but a normal summon monster that can gain atk as rapidly as this card can makes me think it's legit

The f***?

How is an Armageddon Knight "terrible on its own"? Especially when the latter effect isn't even bad.

It doesn't have full scope yet, due to us not knowing the others, but an Armageddon Knight is never going to be a terrible card. There will be some use for being able to dump these guys, and this guy's effect seems to imply that's a trend.

This thing is not something to call mediocre or terrible, it's something to sit and podner what comes next, and react when we do see it.

Terrible without a second card in the archtype, though it is only half a statement as that only applies to reveal time differences, we know we will get 4 more houkais (+2 due to spaces in the movie pack, so 6 more in total (ignoring this card somewhat hints spells/traps)), so it is likely good, however with just a hint we cannot say it is great, though it is almost guaranteed it will be amazing.

Terrible without a second card in the archtype, though it is only half a statement as that only applies to reveal time differences, we know we will get 4 more houkais (+2 due to spaces in the movie pack, so 6 more in total (ignoring this card somewhat hints spells/traps)), so it is likely good, however with just a hint we cannot say it is great, though it is almost guaranteed it will be amazing.

That's... I never said it would be great, but you can't call it terrible.

As-is, even if the archetype doesn't super cater to it, it gives you a means to find your pieces and then revive them. This is a major part of why Lavalval Chain + Star Seraphs is nucking futs.

So this means you have a quick way to set up and use cards like CotH, at WORST. Unless they all have BS no SS conditions.

Then it becomes a beater, especially as you go later, which is fine for killing/Early. And there's no OPT.

We don't know in full, but this card has a good attribute, a good type, and a good secondary effect, with a first effect that cannot possibly be less than decent. So...

That's... I never said it would be great, but you can't call it terrible.

As-is, even if the archetype doesn't super cater to it, it gives you a means to find your pieces and then revive them. This is a major part of why Lavalval Chain + Star Seraphs is nucking futs.

So this means you have a quick way to set up and use cards like CotH, at WORST. Unless they all have BS no SS conditions.

Then it becomes a beater, especially as you go later, which is fine for killing/Early. And there's no OPT.

We don't know in full, but this card has a good attribute, a good type, and a good secondary effect, with a first effect that cannot possibly be less than decent. So...

Well that comes down to how they work, however its very existence suggests the archtype will be grave reliant to some extend and as far as I remember we did not have an awful tribute lanius type of monster yet (dust knight does not count). And in fact I am the one who said it is great, however not as this time.

+(inf)+1 (inf+1=/=inf, right) ... jokes aside that play is a -1, unlike you use the original one.

It's not, 

Snake Rain = -2, every serpent is a +1, so that's the +1 giga came up with, Sinister #3 staggered every other turn, as in (add it t1, don't discard it till your opponent's ep passes) means you get half the initial + value of the original sinister

so infinty/2 +1...which is still infinity

It's not,

Snake Rain = -2, every serpent is a +1, so that's the +1 giga came up with, Sinister #3 staggered every other turn, as in (add it t1, don't discard it till your opponent's ep passes) means you get half the initial + value of the original sinister

so infinty/2 +1...which is still infinity

Assuming you have infinite cards that discard and are a +0 without discarding something useful, what exactly does that except twister and that is generic. Not to mention card advantages usually takes a certain point in time into account and not a theoretical one.

By that logic you would also need to call mystical cards of light and spellbook tower a +inf.

Though one tends to call them initial minuses, which generate 1 plus per turn.

It would be more accurate to say they are pluses, which in theory can keep expanding their borders without any borders on their own, which, if you have a finite time window, is nothing like infinity.

Archived