[Finished]YM CC#2, Re-Post Due to Glitch [Judging Completed!]

Original Post: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349143-yms-cc2-lets-make-a-cyber-dragon-start-031416-end-040116/

check this link for clarification on competition policies. If it's not explicitly stated, its here.

Helpful Threads

http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/
http://forum.yugiohc...d-design-guide/
http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

Due to an incredibly rare issue with the previous post (unable to move to the 2nd page), I've re-posted the tournament. All of the details are still the same, except I've moved deadline for entry/editing to April 3rd, 2016 @12AM, and Judging Deadline to April 10th, 2016. I want to explicitly apologize for this inconvenience to all competition entrants, I will be sending a PM to all of you regarding this. If you have any further concerns, please PM me.

- YugsterMajor

[spoiler=Requirements/Rules]

- No Entry Cost! All entrants simply have to post in this forum and request admittance (or post an image/card text).
- Your entry must be a Spell, Trap, or Monster card that has "Cyber" or "Cyber Dragon" in its Name, or supports the "Cyber Dragon" archetype Directly or Indirectly (Example: You can have a Spell card that helps Machine-type monsters or Dragon-Type monsters without "Cyber" or "Cyber Dragon" in its name, or you can have that Spell card help "Cyber Dragon" cards directly, and be called "Cyber", etc). You cannot use custom Types or Attributes, or stats above 5000atk & def. Any further rules follow the standard YCM card tournament rules found here.
- Card entries must be placed in this forum post. I will not accept PM's for entry, as all players should be able to see the cards before reviewing. Also, if you decide to create an image for your card entry, you must use spoilers to hide the image and include the Lore of the card typed below the image.
- Edits will be allowed, however, you must edit your original post! Do not create new posts of your card when making edits. Any edits performed past the deadline below will not be included in judging. (As a side note, it's recommended to make notes on your original post whenever you make an edit and why you made said edits).
- April 3rd, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time is the deadline (Basically, try shooting for the day before, if possible). Entries beyond that will not be accepted.

[spoiler=Prizing]

1st: 250 points
2nd: 175 points
3rd: 100 points

[spoiler=Judging]

- If you would like to participate as a judge, you must PM me.
- is recommended to send a minimum of two cards you designed along with your PM. If you are credentialed as a judge by the Judge Test, then you will more likely be picked. You cannot use your card in this tournament as one of those two cards. If 3 or more judges enter, I will allow the judges to compete, but a judge cannot place a rating on a card they made.
- April 10th, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time is the exact time all judges should provide their rubrics (either by posting on this forum post, or by personally PMing me, and I will post the results). Anything beyond that will not be used. This may change depending on number of entrants. You can check the "Rubric" spoiler tab to see which format is expected

[spoiler=Rubric]

100 Points maximum is possible for any single card. Broken down:
60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the tournament? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If generic, how well does it work in other decks? Does it work too well, or not well enough? How does it work in the Cyber Dragon archetype?
30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Does its design feel fresh and unique? If so, how?
10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

[spoiler=Entrants/Judges]

Judges:

- YugsterMajor

- Black

Entrants:

- Yuuji Kazami

- Archlight Lux

- Royal Paladin

- Tythe

- shadowliepard

- Winter

- YamiNekoChan

- ᔤᓋᘢᒷᖴᓾᖆᕩ (SoulFire)

-

Ok

[spoiler=Card Re-post]Rebel Cyber Dragon
LIGHT *****
Machine/Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your Hand) to your opponent's side of the field by tributing 1 or no monsters they control. If you tribute no monsters, this card's original ATK becomes 1000. If this card is banished, target 1 banished "Cyber Dragon" monster (except "Rebel Cyber Dragon"), Special Summon it. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.
2100/1600

Glitch? That sucks.

Cyber Hydra

Lvl 3, 1600/1000, LIGHT, Machine

- Once per turn: You can tribute this card; add 1 "Cyber" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Hydra". You can banish 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard; equip this card from your Graveyard to a "Cyber Dragon" or Machine-Type Fusion Monster you control, but destroy this card during the End Phase. It can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. This effect of "Cyber Hydra" can only be used once per Duel. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Here you go.

[spoiler=Contest Entry] LP1Qpvd.jpeg

Monster

Light

Level 5

Machine/Effect

If you control a "Cyber Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card(from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" once per turn this way. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 "Cyber Dragon" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if you do, negate its effects. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" once per turn.

Ok

[spoiler=Card Re-post]Rebel Cyber Dragon

LIGHT *****

Machine/Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your Hand) to your opponent's side of the field by tributing 1 or no monsters they control. If you tribute no monsters, this card's original ATK becomes 1000. If this card is banished, target 1 banished "Cyber Dragon" monster (except "Rebel Cyber Dragon"), Special Summon it. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

2100/1600

Glitch? That sucks.

Cyber Hydra

- Once per turn: You can tribute this card; add 1 "Cyber" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Hydra". You can banish 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard; equip this card from your Graveyard to a "Cyber Dragon" or Machine-Type Fusion Monster you control, but destroy this card during the End Phase. It can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. This effect of "Cyber Hydra" can only be used once per Duel. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Thanks!

Here you go.

[spoiler=Contest Entry] LP1Qpvd.jpeg

Monster

Light

Level 5

Machine/Effect

If you control a "Cyber Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card(from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" once per turn this way. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 "Cyber Dragon" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if you do, negate its effects. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Dragon Kaiser" once per turn.

Welcome aboard!

[spoiler=Card]

w3xbnPk.jpg

1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters

If you would Synchro Summon this card, You can treat 1 Special Summoned LIGHT Machine-Type Monster you control as a Tuner. Reveal 1 Light Machine-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, then send any number of Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Main Deck to the Graveyard (min. 1); Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Machine-Type monsters, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. You can only use the effect of "Cyber Genesis Dragon" once per turn.

Re-posting my entry:

[spoiler=Entry]

[spoiler=Cyber Entropy]

Z53mXwK.jpg

Cyber Entropy

DARK

Level 3

Machine/Tuner/Effect

(1) If a Machine-Type monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target that monster; Special Summon this card from your hand, then that target loses 800 ATK, also draw 1 card if the original ATK of any of the materials used to Summon it (if any) is 2100. (2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material, the Synchro Monster that used this card as Synchro Material becomes Machine-Type.

ATK/1400  DEF/800

[spoiler=My thoughts about the card]

First, a bit of flavor: The theme I went for here was 'Wrath of the Failed Experiment' , I mean just look at the image... The only other explanation is that the kid is a genius scientist, and he did that to himself out of pure lunacy. 

The card I drew inspiration from most this time would be T.G. Gear Zombie , both are low level tuners, and both cards have the effect of special summoning themselves at the cost of lowering the ATK of another monster. And yeaaaah... both are 'gear zombies' , in one form or another.

Another card serving as an inspiration would be Psychic Commander, most stats being the same actually (( Level 3 Tuner ATK 1400 DEF 800 )) , and both monsters having an effect which lowers ATK... and even their appearance is a bit similar!!

Now before you say anything, it wasn't on purpose, not all cards I create are DARK Machine-Types XD  The other type I thought giving that monster was Psychic, but that would be even less original, considering the above psychic commander inspiration, adding to our last contest having 2 of those level 3 psychic tuners.

Now, to gameplay mechanics:

I'll be going through each effect seperately here.

Effect 1:  It's an optional effect which triggers when a Machine-Type monster is special summoned from the extra deck. While it isn't that common, if it's cybers it's more than a possibility. However, to prevent it from missing timing on things like Chimeratech Rampage Dragon with its effect when it is summoned, I put an 'if' there instead of a 'when' . What it first does is targets that monster (meaning unusable for monsters which cannot be targeted, even though I can't remember any Machine-Types coming from the extra deck which can't be targeted by monster effects, the closest being towers, which is just unaffected. ) , special summons Cyber Entropy from the hand, then the target loses 800 ATK. I intended the ATK loss to be without a specific time frame. The consequences split into two here - If it was your monster which got affected, it would end up with low ATK, thus using that target as material that turn would be the optimal choice, if you ignore any effects which would let the target gain some ATK back...... I'm looking at you, Cyber Dragon Nova. If an opponent's monster is affected by the ATK loss, that probably means they have a play going on, and most Machine-Types coming from the extra deck have a way to beat down a 1400 ATK monster even if their ATK is lowered by 800 . ... unless you're looking at something like Dinomists doing Pendulum summoning.   The final part of the effect is drawing 1 card if any of the materials used to summon that target had an original ATK of exactly 2100. There comes the less subtle part of the Cyber support, the point of the contest. Most Cyber Fusions require Cyber Dragon itself, unless you're using substitutes, that's already a 2100 ATK monster, granting you the free draw. Another option, albeit horribly disadvantageous, would be the Xyz summoning of Infinity on top of Nova, Nova being the 2100 original ATK monster in this case. The 'horrible' thing here would be Infinity's ATK dropping by 800, assuming Nova had 2 materials that time, it would have 1900 ATK after the drop... not the hardest thing to go over, even without effects.

This is an A then B, also C effect, so things which would respond to the special summon of this effect would probably miss timing since the special summon isn't the last thing to happen. ( A ( special summon ) happens before B ( ATK loss ) and C ( draw if 2100 ATK ), which are simultaneous as far as I see )

Effect 2:  This effect was designed for the case when you use Cyber Dragon Core or another level 2 non-tuner (possibly Tuningware now that I think about it?) with it, to create a level 5 Synchro, which would then become a Machine-Type, perfect for a Nova -> Infinity play. Surprisingly not that much to say here, except that the OCG here gave me a bit of a headache until I looked at Bri Synchron.  ... I can't think of another use of this effect, except if you want a level 7 or 8 Machine? You could potentially go for beelze or another level 8 synchro from Chimeratech Rampage Dragon plus this card.

[spoiler=Entry]

LQhjR9h.jpg

2 or more Level 5 Machine-type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 "Cyber Dragon" and all other face-up Machine-type monsters on the field as its Xyz Materials. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Pay 2100 Life Points or destroy it. This card's maximum number of attacks per turn equals the number of Xyz Materials attached to it. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate card effects from their hand until the end of the Damage Step. During each of your End Phase, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has no Xyz Materials, destroy it.

[spoiler=Entry]

LQhjR9h.jpg

2 or more Level 5 Machine-type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 "Cyber Dragon" and all other face-up Machine-type monsters on the field as its Xyz Materials. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Pay 2100 Life Points or destroy it. This card's maximum number of attacks per turn equals the number of Xyz Materials attached to it. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate card effects from their hand until the end of the Damage Step. During each of your End Phase, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has no Xyz Materials, destroy it.

Re-posting my entry:

[spoiler=Entry]

[spoiler=Cyber Entropy]

Z53mXwK.jpg

Cyber Entropy

DARK

Level 3

Machine/Tuner/Effect

(1) If a Machine-Type monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target that monster; Special Summon this card from your hand, then that target loses 800 ATK, also draw 1 card if the original ATK of any of the materials used to Summon it (if any) is 2100. (2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material, the Synchro Monster that used this card as Synchro Material becomes Machine-Type.

[spoiler=My thoughts about the card]

First, a bit of flavor: The theme I went for here was 'Wrath of the Failed Experiment' , I mean just look at the image... The only other explanation is that the kid is a genius scientist, and he did that to himself out of pure lunacy. 

The card I drew inspiration from most this time would be T.G. Gear Zombie , both are low level tuners, and both cards have the effect of special summoning themselves at the cost of lowering the ATK of another monster. And yeaaaah... both are 'gear zombies' , in one form or another.

Another card serving as an inspiration would be Psychic Commander, most stats being the same actually (( Level 3 Tuner ATK 1400 DEF 800 )) , and both monsters having an effect which lowers ATK... and even their appearance is a bit similar!!

Now before you say anything, it wasn't on purpose, not all cards I create are DARK Machine-Types XD  The other type I thought giving that monster was Psychic, but that would be even less original, considering the above psychic commander inspiration, adding to our last contest having 2 of those level 3 psychic tuners.

Now, to gameplay mechanics:

I'll be going through each effect seperately here.

Effect 1:  It's an optional effect which triggers when a Machine-Type monster is special summoned from the extra deck. While it isn't that common, if it's cybers it's more than a possibility. However, to prevent it from missing timing on things like Chimeratech Rampage Dragon with its effect when it is summoned, I put an 'if' there instead of a 'when' . What it first does is targets that monster (meaning unusable for monsters which cannot be targeted, even though I can't remember any Machine-Types coming from the extra deck which can't be targeted by monster effects, the closest being towers, which is just unaffected. ) , special summons Cyber Entropy from the hand, then the target loses 800 ATK. I intended the ATK loss to be without a specific time frame. The consequences split into two here - If it was your monster which got affected, it would end up with low ATK, thus using that target as material that turn would be the optimal choice, if you ignore any effects which would let the target gain some ATK back...... I'm looking at you, Cyber Dragon Nova. If an opponent's monster is affected by the ATK loss, that probably means they have a play going on, and most Machine-Types coming from the extra deck have a way to beat down a 1400 ATK monster even if their ATK is lowered by 800 . ... unless you're looking at something like Dinomists doing Pendulum summoning.   The final part of the effect is drawing 1 card if any of the materials used to summon that target had an original ATK of exactly 2100. There comes the less subtle part of the Cyber support, the point of the contest. Most Cyber Fusions require Cyber Dragon itself, unless you're using substitutes, that's already a 2100 ATK monster, granting you the free draw. Another option, albeit horribly disadvantageous, would be the Xyz summoning of Infinity on top of Nova, Nova being the 2100 original ATK monster in this case. The 'horrible' thing here would be Infinity's ATK dropping by 800, assuming Nova had 2 materials that time, it would have 1900 ATK after the drop... not the hardest thing to go over, even without effects.

This is an A then B, also C effect, so things which would respond to the special summon of this effect would probably miss timing since the special summon isn't the last thing to happen. ( A ( special summon ) happens before B ( ATK loss ) and C ( draw if 2100 ATK ), which are simultaneous as far as I see )

Effect 2:  This effect was designed for the case when you use Cyber Dragon Core or another level 2 non-tuner (possibly Tuningware now that I think about it?) with it, to create a level 5 Synchro, which would then become a Machine-Type, perfect for a Nova -> Infinity play. Surprisingly not that much to say here, except that the OCG here gave me a bit of a headache until I looked at Bri Synchron.  ... I can't think of another use of this effect, except if you want a level 7 or 8 Machine? You could potentially go for beelze or another level 8 synchro from Chimeratech Rampage Dragon plus this card.

[spoiler=Card]
w3xbnPk.jpg

1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters
If you would Synchro Summon this card, You can treat 1 Special Summoned LIGHT Machine-Type Monster you control as a Tuner. Reveal 1 Light Machine-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, then send any number of Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Main Deck to the Graveyard (min. 1); Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Machine-Type monsters, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. You can only use the effect of "Cyber Genesis Dragon" once per turn.

Thank you all for the re-posts.

[spoiler=My Entry]M0oFhNA.jpeg

Lore:

2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank, except "Number" monsters

(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)

When a "Cyber Dragon Infinity" you control is destroyed: You can Xyz Summon this card from your Extra Deck, by using it as the Xyz Material. During the turn this card is Xyz Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to the Extra Deck, and then you can add 1 "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.

Extra Info: Inspired off of Number C39: Utopia Ray V and Numerronius Numerronia. 

Self explanatory. Cyber Dragon Infinity is the most likely option to go for in Cyber Dragons, after Nova. Unlike Nova, Infinity does not have a float effect when destroyed, so I thought of providing one that isn't as devastating as going for a Fusion Monster. On your opponent's turn, it can buy another turn by not being able to be defeated by battle, and it has the potential to cycle a Cyber Dragon from your graveyard.

Also, this card is still susceptible to card effects, in order to make it not being able to overpower your opponent. They will still have a chance to activate something on that turn, or if not, they can set something and activate it on your turn to get rid of it.

Plus, since this card is still on the field, you wouldn't be able to instantly make another Nova + Infinity easily. This is because this card will still be on the field, so the Level 5 Cybers wouldn't be able to be Special Summoned with their own effects. Of course, Fusion is still an option. but they're not as useful as the Xyz Cybers in my opinion. No floats, although they can still pack a powerful punch.

I would like to enter.

Cybernetic Infusion | Continuous Spell Card
Once per turn, you can target up to 2 "Cyber" or LIGHT-Machine monsters you control; send those targets to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Cyber" or LIGHT-Machine monster from your Graveyard whose level is equal to or lower than the target(s) total level.

[spoiler=My Entry]M0oFhNA.jpeg

Lore:

2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank, except "Number" monsters

(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
When a "Cyber Dragon Infinity" you control is destroyed: You can Xyz Summon this card from your Extra Deck, by using it as the Xyz Material. During the turn this card is Xyz Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to the Extra Deck, and then you can add 1 "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.

Extra Info: Inspired off of Number C39: Utopia Ray V and Numerronius Numerronia. 

Self explanatory. Cyber Dragon Infinity is the most likely option to go for in Cyber Dragons, after Nova. Unlike Nova, Infinity does not have a float effect when destroyed, so I thought of providing one that isn't as devastating as going for a Fusion Monster. On your opponent's turn, it can buy another turn by not being able to be defeated by battle, and it has the potential to cycle a Cyber Dragon from your graveyard.

Also, this card is still susceptible to card effects, in order to make it not being able to overpower your opponent. They will still have a chance to activate something on that turn, or if not, they can set something and activate it on your turn to get rid of it.

Plus, since this card is still on the field, you wouldn't be able to instantly make another Nova + Infinity easily. This is because this card will still be on the field, so the Level 5 Cybers wouldn't be able to be Special Summoned with their own effects. Of course, Fusion is still an option. but they're not as useful as the Xyz Cybers in my opinion. No floats, although they can pack a powerful punch.

Thanks! That means all 7 entrants submitted their entries again, so we're good now!

I would like to enter.

Cybernetic Infusion | Continuous Spell Card
Once per turn, you can target up to 2 "Cyber" or LIGHT-Machine monsters you control; send those targets to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Cyber" or LIGHT-Machine monster from your Graveyard whose level is equal to or lower than the target(s) total level.

Accepted!

This is Black's Judging, not mine. I will release mine soon as possible, and the final scores will be tallied.

60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): svsd
30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): dv
10 Points (OCG): dv

[spoiler=Tythe: Rebel Cyber Dragon]
Balance/Utility/Mechanic: There's a lot of utility, but the mechancics seem fairly weak as a design, and I'm not really sure it's balanced. And I also feel that it fails in regards to utility, slightly. Yes, it lets you make Chimeratech Fortress while being an out to Towers monsters/etc. when needed (too versatile in that regard, shouldn't be able to drop for 0), but why does it also need a very free SS condition? No OPT or anything, just an effect to abuse that does not miss timing. I'm unsure how well it synergizes with Chimeratech Overdragon in the OCG, though it works with TCG rulings, and it just feels like... "An" attempt to give the deck a searchable out/more fodder/more revival, all rammed into one card. I'd give it a 30/60.
Creativity/Flavor: I get the idea of the flavor here, but I don't feel like it's well implemented, especially with the SS effect, or the fact that removing enemy cards by tributing is good for you. I get the attempt at creativity, but I don't see how it's actually creative, just a mishmash of "yeah this is good". I'd give this a 10/30 for effort, but execution is mediocre.
OCG: I'm not perfect in OCG, but there are some general issues, like punctuation and capitalization. However, it can be understood clearly, and that's the most important part. 7/10.

30 + 10 + 7 = 47

[spoiler=shadowliepard: Cyber Hydra]
Balance/Utility/Mechanic: I don't like it. At all. The first effect has nothing to do with the rest of the card, only justifies the mismatched level, the Hydra effect is coupled with an inelegant Once Per Duel restriction, which is very hard to pull off correctly, and it’s just not an amazing card, overall, serving only to be a NS reliant copy of your dead Cyber Dragons. 20/60.
Creativity/Flavor: Flavor is suffering. There are "Cyber" creatures, but only the Cyber Dragons count as Cyber Dragons... not Kirin/Phoenix/etc. I get the Hydra part, but not why it's a Cyber Dragon, other than shoehorn design. Flavor ALSO falters with the fact that it cannot work with Nova or Infinity, or anything of their ilk that shows up later, despite being the "true" evolution of Cyber Dragons. Creativity isn't there, either, as this just feels like a mishmash, again, but even worse this time. I've got to give this a 5/30. Some effort was put in, but not nearly enough.
OCG: It feels off. Like, the usage of Once Per Turn on an effect that tributes itself immediately… Doesn’t make logical sense. I don’t think the granted effect text is perfect, either, and could theoretically be misconstrued. 5/10

20 + 5 + 5 = 30

[spoiler=YamiNekoChan: Cyber Dragon Kaiser]
Balance/Utility/Mechanic: This… card actually works, ngl. It’s not perfect, but I get the idea, It’s a Kizan, but it can also double as a way to revive dead Novas for free value, namely in immediate ranking up. Yes, this effect is niche, but it’s there. It’s not perfectly balanced, given that Kizans rarely are a very well balanced design, but it works for what it does. 55/60.
Creativity/Flavor: I don’t quite understand the flavor or the creativity here. It feels like it’s just meant to be versatile support, but that’s not creative. I do get Kaiser a bit, just because of Hell Kaiser, but… Yeah. gonna have to give this a 8/30, sadly.
OCG: I spotted a typo or two, but it’s very easy to understand. 8/10.

55 + 8 + 8 = 71
Overall, I’m proud of this entry. It’s nothing creative or flavorful, but it has a lot of utility and value, and it’s not some absurdly unfair monstrosity.

[spoiler=Winter: Cyber Genesis Dragon]
Balance/Utility/Mechanic: Um… Why? It seems like a really shoehorned in way to utilize Nirvana Paladin’s wording in order to give the deck a Synchro. But… why? This card could have easily been a Synchro, and shoehorning in design is just a big no. The utlity is there, but it doesn’t really aid you as much as it seems like it would, so overall, just seems like a mess with the intent to maybe set up for an OTK to come…? Not to mention that, given how it doesn’t support OTKing, it instead supports using its mill effect to fill your graveyard up ASAP for value. Not really the best idea. 15/60
Creativity/Flavor: It’s creative in name alone. It really goes against CyDra as a whole with its design, and it just feels really out of place, and there’s next to no flavor. Nevermindign that it’s a Synchro, which simply doesn’t add up. 5/30 for effort, I guess, given it’s a defensive “genesis’ dragon, similar to core.
OCG: Isn’t perfect, but understandable enough. 7/10

15 + 5 + 7 = 27

[spoiler=Royal Paladin: Cyber Entropy]
First off, I refuse to read the design intent, at least before reviewing. No other participant gave this, so it is not fair for this member to do so, and it’s honestly somewhat arrogant. A design should be able to speak for itself, not need its creator to spell it out.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic:/Creativity/Flavor: Merging because they blend together here. Moving on, I’m afraid it’s just… There? It’s just meant to be a cheap tuner that can go +1 on its own if you meet a “subtle” condition. I don’t get why the ATK drop is there, or why it’s needed. The flavor here seems to support Cyber Dragons, but it simply doesn’t make since. Why is it humanoid? Why is there a virus (I assume, between art and the stat drio) when corrupted versions already exist? The fact that I can’t assess this without reading the design notes does not speak well for this entry, and it just feels ridiculously out of place and weird for what it does. Hell, despite Flavor issues, LIGHT would have made it more searchable/synergetic, so reworking would make more sense than sticking to a single art.

10/60
5/30

For effort.

OCG: It feels run-ony, but I’m not sure if that’s due to official grammar or not. If it is, I apologize. 5/10.

10 + 5 + 5 = 20

[spoiler=Arclight Lux: Chimeratech Corrupted Dragon]Balance/Utility/Mechanic: This is another “Why” card. It seems to want to fill a niche that already exists with Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, but does it in a way that makes more sense for a Fusion, disregarding the last effect. And there’s an arbitrary self-burn effect that is 2100 instead of its ATK for some reason… Okay? Why not try to balance it better instead of making a weird OTK machine that has a “drawback” in self-burn. And an effect that punishes clear boards, hence more cheap OTKing instead of being some sort of protection from the board for something that’s onl 2100? Should have been worked more properly as a Fusion, possibly with the ability to attack all monsters once. Still worse than Fortress, but doesn’t outclass Overdragon, just makes its own weaker niche. 20/60
Creativity/Flavor: Chimeratechs are fusions, hence being chimeras. Cyber Dragons evolved into Xyz, when the materials were available. Why would a Chimeratech be an Xyz? It’s not creative, either, just a wonkily designed Fortress Dragon. 5/30.
OCG: Feels off, again, and it’s not the easiest to understand the first read. 5/10.

20 + 5 + 5 = 30

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami: Cyber Dragon Zero]
Balance/Utility/Mechanic: It’s a weird Numeron Dragon. For CDI specifially? You’ll never summon it naturally, so it just seems like a weird thing to make, and punishes more fair decks for trying to remove CDI. Stronger decks can spin it after baiting it, but weaker decks can’t always manage, so that’s not really a fair design. It also seems like an arbitrary excuse to recur advantage in Cyber Dragon. 25/60, it at least tries to do something.
Creativity/Flavor: It’s not very creative, because it really feels like a weird reskin of Numeron Dragon, barring the IRL version’s end result. I get the Infinity/Zero idea, but I still don’t feel like this has a lot of flavor beyond that implication, but I can see some additional effort was put in, if only a bit. 10/30
OCG: Very minor error with the “and then”, but I think it’s overall close. 9/10.

25 + 10 + 9 = 44

[spoiler=ᔤᓋᘢᒷᖴᓾᖆᕩ: Cybernetic Infusion]Balance/Utility/Mechanic: Um… I kinda get it, but not really? It seems like it’s meant to be a monster reborn, but it can’t get Nova/Infinity and it’s too resource intensive. It’s a -2/3 (including the physical copy being pretty dead on board) to go +1. That’s not worth it, even to revive something like Cyber End/Twin… Which would never be hard summoned. And you won’t be reviving much else, because it would be Xyz’d with. 15/60, mostly because i can see some of the idea.

Creativity/Flavor: It’s like a weird, worse Spirit Converter and… Is there any flavor? What does this have to do with infusion, as opposed to weird binding of things together? It’s neither, really. I’m… 5/30 for effort.
OCG: While I can understand the card, the usage of PSCT is completely wrong. 3/10.

15 + 5 + 3 = 23

Well, now I know what it's like to be on the other side of the rekt machine. I feel your pain Yuuji. So yeah, YamiNekoChan got a huge lead out of this. I doubt Yugster would cause a great change in the scores, but it'd be really funny if it does end up like that. In the mean time, I'm rekt the most here =S

Well, now I know what it's like to be on the other side of the rekt machine. I feel your pain Yuuji. So yeah, YamiNekoChan got a huge lead out of this. I doubt Yugster would cause a great change in the scores, but it'd be really funny if it does end up like that. In the mean time, I'm rekt the most here =S

Eh, I knew that I would score higher (within the competitors atleast) in this contest as opposed to my previous 2. However, I didn't really edit my original entry, so when I saw that Black was marking, I knew that I wouldn't be expecting a pass.

For Yami's though, she did a great job. When I saw it, I knew that she probably was going to be hitting quite high, even if the flavour wasn't really there.

But honestly, I didn't think it was too bad for the flavour personally, but Black is Black, after all.

Alrighty Ladies and Gents, the reviews are in! I'll post my results here, and the total will be both me and Black's combined ratings % 2. Thank you all once again for entering, and cheers for another successful competition! Here we go:

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami, Cyber Dragon Zero]

[spoiler=Submission]M0oFhNA.jpeg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (18/60): The mechanics of its detach effect does make it more rewarding to run Cyber Dragons, however, my big beef with this card is it rewards “Sit on Infinity & win” mentality. Considering it takes quite an ordeal for your opponent to out Infinity in the first place, this is too much (unlike Nova, which only has to be destroyed by card effects). Fortunately, it’s only upon destruction, so tributing effects or other means of removal don’t trigger it. You also have to control Cyber Dragon Infinity, so negating the Summon of Infinity does not bring this card out either. It does have further utility by Xyz Summoning it via 2 Xyz’s with the same Rank, but that’s impractical. By itself, it’s pretty mediocre, but its synergy with Infinity is too powerful in any deck Infinity can be made in. It doesn’t promote interesting game states or new strategies, it just reinforces a strategy already tried and true.

Creativity/Flavor (19/30): *Drools*... You nail the visual design way too often. It’s a gorgeous-looking card, with its name and image paralleling Infinity far too well. However, the mechanics still don’t feel that innovative. Like I said, it reinforces a single strategy that only cripples decks upon a threshold of power. It’s a Cyber Dragon in graphic appeal, but not in design.

OCG (7/10): Errors in and/then transitions, and the “it” in its Summoning requirements is unclear (yes, obviously, it's Infinity. However, the effect and condition don’t correlate in that way. It should be explicitly stated what kind of card it is that is being used. Ex: “You can Xyz Summon this card from your Extra Deck, using the destroyed monster as an Xyz Material”). Technically, it’s mechanically flawed, in that you can’t trigger the effects of a card while it’s face-down in the Deck or Extra Deck. I don’t believe it would need a Colon, because it would be inherent.

Total: (44/100)

[spoiler=Archlight Lux, Chimeratech Corrupted Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]LQhjR9h.jpg

Archlight Lux, Chimeratech Corrupted Dragon:

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (14/60): Yeah, this card is degenerate (get it? Degenerate? Since the card is corrupted? Eh? Eh? … Yeah it was pretty bad…). I’m gonna break down this review for each aspect of the card. Here we go:

1. Xyz by absorbing all Machine-Type monsters. This is expected of a Chimeratech successor, but it’s strictly better than Fortress Dragon. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon had the weakness of being unable to use Pendulums as its materials, and sends the materials it does use to the grave instead of absorbing them. This makes the card objectively better for clearing boards, even if you have to destroy it afterwards to prevent taking damage. I also find it funny you can absorb your opponent’s Cyber Dragon, and one of your materials to make this card. The damage or destruction is also an on-summon trigger effect, so you can negate it. Not really sure why it's based around 2100, but the damage doesn’t really affect you if you’re in control of the board state.

2. It can attack equal to the number of materials. In the vein of Cyber Dragon monsters everywhere, it can attack a lot. For most other cards, this boils down to decent. However, this card can eliminate full boards, and forces a response from your opponent to potentially not die immediately that turn. It also prevents cards that trigger in-hand during the Battle Phase, which can mean an immediate loss for your opponent w/o you having to invest anything into the board except 1 Cyber Dragon.

3. The detach occurs at End Phase. Pretty negligible, TBH. It stays on the field long enough for it to be a relevant threat, and getting all the attacks out of it the first turn it's Summoned is all the value you need out of it.

Chimeratech is already a fantastic counter to Machine-Type decks, which is inherent to the Cyber Dragon archetype; however, this is overkill. This card could very easily be outed, but for it to remove an established board of any Machine-Type monsters, and then hold the potential to kill that turn, is poorly designed (even if its stats are fairly mediocre).

Creativity/Flavor (10/30): The artwork looks great, but it doesn’t fit the Chimeratech theme. Aren't all of the chimeratech cards fusions because they are Cyber Dragons mashed together? Why would it be an Xyz? Its niche has already been filled in the game, and done so in a more fair and well-designed way.

OCG (6/10): Redundant text, missing some punctuation, doesn’t follow OCG structure in some areas. Nothing is unclear however.

Total (30/100)

[spoiler=Royal Paladin, Cyber Entropy]

[spoiler=Submission]Z53mXwK.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (8/100): So… where do I begin with this? It’s a DARK Attribute, so it has no synergy with the LIGHT Machine-Type aspect of the deck. It's a tuner for only Extra Deck monsters, which in a Cyber Dragon or Machine-Type Deck, is pointless. It could be used in Synchro-oriented decks, with Speedroid Chumbara or other Machine-Type Synchros, but it doesn’t generate advantage as a tuner unless the materials were Cyber Dragon or other 2100 ATK monsters. Even still, it reduces the ATK of the Cyber Dragon monsters, which goes against the archetype, and there are very few high level Synchro options to use with the Fusions, and NO synchro options for the Xyz monsters. It’s a slower and more susceptible Upstart… I guess? It's kinda cute that it treats the monster summoned as Machine-Type when the card is used as a Synchro Material, but that’s more flavorful than impactful. It’s backwards in design for the archetype, and there are better options for actual Synchro decks.

Creativity/Flavor (7/30): It doesn’t synergize with the Cyber Dragon archetype on any conceivable level, except it being a “Cyber” monster. This could have been a generic card, and it wouldn’t have made any difference. Some credit though for the creativity in image and effect.

OCG (5/10): The OCG was really sloppy, with poor paraphrasing of effects and run-on sentences. Even if the mechanics are correct, some fat could have been trimmed.

Total (20/100)

[spoiler=Tythe, Rebel Cyber Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]Rebel Cyber Dragon
LIGHT *****
Machine/Effect
2100/1600

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (26/60): This is a mixed card. While I dislike the first effect for many reasons, the second effect is incredibly solid. Giving the deck more benefits for Fusion Summoning is absolutely amazing, but having unrestricted Tribute mechanics imbedded into the archetype feels wrong. Removal shouldn’t be around a Kaiju-based mechanic, which is splashable into any archetype and can be used any number of times. That, or it can create openings to inflict additional damage to your opponent, which ignores established boards. While this aspect is far-fetched, and frankly unbalanced, the banishing effect is awesome! Giving the deck more options to recover resources used as Fusion Materials with stuff like Power Bond is an option that works off the strengths of the deck. While this doesn’t solve many of the archetype’s issues, it is very powerful if used correctly.

Creativity/Flavor (11/30): Nothing too outstandingly creative. It’s a Kaiju with a Cyber Dragon, nuff said.

OCG (7/10): Issues with condition/cost/effect and capitalization.

Total (44/100)

[spoiler=Shadowliepard, Cyber Hydra]

[spoiler=Submission]Cyber Hydra

- Once per turn: You can tribute this card; add 1 "Cyber" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Hydra". You can banish 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard; equip this card from your Graveyard to a "Cyber Dragon" or Machine-Type Fusion Monster you control, but destroy this card during the End Phase. It can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. This effect of "Cyber Hydra" can only be used once per Duel. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (20/60): I can see the idea behind this, but it’s incredibly slow. You have to use your Normal Summon, or find another way to Special Summon this card, then Tribute to Add 1 from Graveyard (so you either have to devote a Fusion Summon, or use this later in the game state). Then, you have to already have an established board to use this card’s equip effect (which is only once per duel). Since its a mid-late game tool, it should enable some more functionality for its costly Normal Summon, but having it equip to attack multiple times is unnecessary. Also, since it's a OPD effect that destroys itself at the End Phase, its supposed to enable the deck to go all out for that turn (even though the deck can easily OTK, that’s not the problem). Yes, it doesn’t have restrictions, and it does support the archetype, but there isn’t enough advantaged generated from using your Normal Summon on it to justify running it.

Creativity/Flavor (9/30): Its effect doesn’t change much about the archetype, and its name doesn’t seem fitting for its role in the deck (I’d imagine hydra being a chimera fusion monster, rather than a Level 3 effect monster).

OCG (7/10): Incorrect capitalization in some areas and unnecessary inclusions (Once per turn clause on a tribute effect).

Total (36/100)

[spoiler=Winter, Cyber Genesis Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]w3xbnPk.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (17/60): This card confuses me. While its Summoning conditions and effects have incredible synergy with the Cyber Dragon archetype, its restrictions go directly against their most potent strategy (make big beater, attack a bunch & OTK). Enabling this guy to be brought off of 2 Level 5 monsters (1 Machine-Type & 1 Special Summoned LIGHT attribute) w/o a tuner is really nice. This prevents having to run a tuner engine, but it’s still very slow. The requirements to summon this card are basically Cyber Dragon Infinity, which is one of their most powerful options when enabled to make it (which is the same requirements as this card). While Infinity removes problem cards and prevents one effect or card per turn from activating, Genesis Dragon brings out a monster with Fusion Materials from the Deck. Now while this is immensely good, the clause to prevent all forms of damage to your Opponent that turn, misses the point. Yes, Fusion Summoning a monster from Deck is immensely powerful, and should come with some downsides, but not if that downside directly counters your deck. You can remove monsters on the board with 1 big beatstick, but battle is one of the weakest forms of removal, if that’s the utility you’re going for with this card. I guess you can make dreadnaught and deal some damage (oh wait, that’s not an option. Oops, I meant the OCG exclusive one the trains use to make himself unaffected), but… yeah, Infinity works better in most situations. Not to mention most of the material requirements are “Cyber Dragon” exclusively, so you’ll burn out of targets the first time you use this card. As more LIGHT Machine-Type Fusion Monsters are introduced into the game, this card could see different utility. However, as a Cyber Dragon card, it doesn’t provide any options that the deck already doesn’t have, and disables important options the deck currently needs.

Creativity/Flavor (19/30): Although its design is flawed for the archetype, there was a good deal of thought put into this card. Not sure if the name fits the imagery exactly, but it looks nice, and fits the Cyber Dragon feel. Its also the only Cyber Dragon Synchro Monster in this competition.

OCG (9/10): Everything was solid, except for the clause “Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster, ignoring the Summoning conditions” was flawed. When you reveal the monster, it’s assumed that it's the monster being Summoned. I don’t believe that’s something official, so I’m not gonna knock you for that. “That” should have referred to the revealed monster, “the” should have been “its”, and I think conditions is capitalized (I may be wrong on that).

Total (45/100)

[spoiler=YamiNekoChan, Cyber Dragon Kaiser]

[spoiler=Submission]LP1Qpvd.jpeg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (45/60): It being a free SS if you control a Cyber Dragon is very nice (also, its inherent, so it's not a monster effect that triggers). It enables more Rank 5 plays w/o having to invest much into the board (although it does cost you more cards). Its Summoning restriction isn’t entirely necessary, but it's a good precaution taken in this card’s design. It can also bring out any Xyz for an extra material in a Fusion Summoning, or make another Infinity off a Nova that was previously used (and didn’t have its Summon negated). I like this utility, although its implications are too linear. If this card, or the card it summoned off its own effect was treated as a “Cyber Dragon”, then this card would be another story. In its current form, it’s Splashable enough to justify running in other archetypes, and it has enough synergy with its own archetype to be used in multiples. I feel with some minor tweaks, this card could end up being a god send for the archetype, but it’s desirable enough as-is.

Creativity/Flavor (17/30): While I enjoy its design and effects, it lacks beyond that department. Its stats and name don’t make much sense to me as a stand-alone card (why is it a Kaiser? What is it an emperor of?). Its image is also pretty lack-luster, with some cropping issues and plain background.

OCG (8/10): Condition/Cost/Effect issues, and issues with spacing.

Total (70/100)

[spoiler=(Soulfire), Cybernetic Infusion]

[spoiler=Submission]

Cybernetic Infusion | Continuous Spell Card

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (16/60): Yeah, not a fan of this card. It seems to fit decks other than Cyber Dragon WAY more than Cyber Dragons (Chronomally, Synchrons, & Morphatronics come to mind), and even then, it doesn’t work well. Of course it has to be balanced with the idea in-mind that other decks can abuse it, but it’s underpowered because of this. This card considers the option that, in a situation where you run out of good monsters to summon from your Extra Deck, that you can trade resources on your field for ones in your Graveyard. However, it means you have to devote even more resources to generate the same amount of value that you otherwise would have by just using your Extra or Main Deck. It also has mechanical flaws, by only working off the requirements of levels instead of rank/level. At least regular fusion spells have the versatility of using in-hand resources, and they’re not as easily removable.

Creativity/Flavor (10/30): I guess it works? It has the Infusion theme of bringing things back to life, but it doesn’t fit when you’re using other monsters as the Infusion (unless it's a chimeratech-based card, in which case that would be really cool). It doesn't provide the Cyber Dragon archetype new or interesting options, and the options it provides for other archetypes

OCG (6/10): Issues with capitalization, Cost/Condition/Effect structure, and missing commas in certain areas.

Total (32/100)

[spoiler=Total (Overall)]

1) YamiNekoChan, (70 + 71)/2 = 70.5

2) Tythe (47 + 44)/2 = 45.5

3) Yuuji Kazami (44 + 44)/2 = 44

4) Winter (45 + 27)/2 = 36

5) Shadowliepard (36 + 30)/2 = 33

6) Archlight Lux, (30 + 30)/2 = 30

7​) Soulfire (32 + 23)/2 = 27.5

8) Royal Paladin, (20 + 20)/2 = 20

[spoiler=Total (YugsterMajor)]

1) YamiNekoChan, 70/100

2) Winter, 45/100

3) Yuuji Kazami, 44/100

3) Tythe, 44/100

4) Shadowliepard, 36/100

5) Soulfire, 32/100

6) Archlight Lux, 30/100

7) Royal Paladin, 20/100

[spoiler=Total (Black)]

1) YamiNekoChan, 71/100

2) Tythe, 47/100

3) Yuuji Kazami, 44/100

4) Shadowliepard, 30/100

4) Archlight Lux, 30/100

6) Winter, 27/100

7) Soulfire, 23/100

8) Royal Paladin, 20/100

Alrighty Ladies and Gents, the reviews are in! I'll post my results here, and the total will be both me and Black's combined ratings % 2. Thank you all once again for entering, and cheers for another successful competition! Here we go:

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami, Cyber Dragon Zero]

[spoiler=Submission]M0oFhNA.jpeg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (18/60): The mechanics of its detach effect does make it more rewarding to run Cyber Dragons, however, my big beef with this card is it rewards “Sit on Infinity & win” mentality. Considering it takes quite an ordeal for your opponent to out Infinity in the first place, this is too much (unlike Nova, which only has to be destroyed by card effects). Fortunately, it’s only upon destruction, so tributing effects or other means of removal don’t trigger it. You also have to control Cyber Dragon Infinity, so negating the Summon of Infinity does not bring this card out either. It does have further utility by Xyz Summoning it via 2 Xyz’s with the same Rank, but that’s impractical. By itself, it’s pretty mediocre, but its synergy with Infinity is too powerful in any deck Infinity can be made in. It doesn’t promote interesting game states or new strategies, it just reinforces a strategy already tried and true.[/size]

Creativity/Flavor[/size] (19/30): *Drools*... You nail the visual design way too often. It’s a gorgeous-looking card, with its name and image paralleling Infinity far too well. However, the mechanics still don’t feel that innovative. Like I said, it reinforces a single strategy that only cripples decks upon a threshold of power. It’s a Cyber Dragon in graphic appeal, but not in design.[/size]

OCG (7/10): Errors in and/then transitions, and the “it” in its Summoning requirements is unclear (yes, obviously, it's Infinity. However, the effect and condition don’t correlate in that way. It should be explicitly stated what kind of card it is that is being used. Ex: “You can Xyz Summon this card from your Extra Deck, using the destroyed monster as an Xyz Material”). Technically, it’s mechanically flawed, in that you can’t trigger the effects of a card while it’s face-down in the Deck or Extra Deck. I don’t believe it would need a Colon, because it would be inherent.[/size]

Total: (44/100)[/size]

[spoiler=Archlight Lux, Chimeratech Corrupted Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]LQhjR9h.jpg

Archlight Lux, Chimeratech Corrupted Dragon:[/size]

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (14/60): Yeah, this card is degenerate (get it? Degenerate? Since the card is corrupted? Eh? Eh? … Yeah it was pretty bad…). I’m gonna break down this review for each aspect of the card. Here we go:[/size]

• Xyz by absorbing all Machine-Type monsters. This is expected of a Chimeratech successor, but it’s strictly better than Fortress Dragon. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon had the weakness of being unable to use Pendulums as its materials, and sends the materials it does use to the grave instead of absorbing them. This makes the card objectively better for clearing boards, even if you have to destroy it afterwards to prevent taking damage. I also find it funny you can absorb your opponent’s Cyber Dragon, and one of your materials to make this card. The damage or destruction is also an on-summon trigger effect, so you can negate it. Not really sure why it's based around 2100, but the damage doesn’t really affect you if you’re in control of the board state.

• It can attack equal to the number of materials. In the vein of Cyber Dragon monsters everywhere, it can attack a lot. For most other cards, this boils down to decent. However, this card can eliminate full boards, and forces a response from your opponent to potentially not die immediately that turn. It also prevents cards that trigger in-hand during the Battle Phase, which can mean an immediate loss for your opponent w/o you having to invest anything into the board except 1 Cyber Dragon.

• The detach occurs at End Phase. Pretty negligible, TBH. It stays on the field long enough for it to be a relevant threat, and getting all the attacks out of it the first turn it's Summoned is all the value you need out of it.

Chimeratech is already a fantastic counter to Machine-Type decks, which is inherent to the Cyber Dragon archetype; however, this is overkill. This card could very easily be outed, but for it to remove an established board of any Machine-Type monsters, and then hold the potential to kill that turn, is poorly designed (even if its stats are fairly mediocre). [/size]

Creativity/Flavor (10/30): The artwork looks great, but it doesn’t fit the Chimeratech theme. Aren't all of the chimeratech cards fusions because they are Cyber Dragons mashed together? Why would it be an Xyz? Its niche has already been filled in the game, and done so in a more fair and well-designed way.[/size]

OCG (6/10): Redundant text, missing some punctuation, doesn’t follow OCG structure in some areas. Nothing is unclear however.[/size]

Total (30/100)[/size]

[spoiler=Royal Paladin, Cyber Entropy]

[spoiler=Submission]Z53mXwK.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (8/100): So… where do I begin with this? It’s a DARK Attribute, so it has no synergy with the LIGHT Machine-Type aspect of the deck. It's a tuner for only Extra Deck monsters, which in a Cyber Dragon or Machine-Type Deck, is pointless. It could be used in Synchro-oriented decks, with Speedroid Chumbara or other Machine-Type Synchros, but it doesn’t generate advantage as a tuner unless the materials were Cyber Dragon or other 2100 ATK monsters. Even still, it reduces the ATK of the Cyber Dragon monsters, which goes against the archetype, and there are very few high level Synchro options to use with the Fusions, and NO synchro options for the Xyz monsters. It’s a slower and more susceptible Upstart… I guess? It's kinda cute that it treats the monster summoned as Machine-Type when the card is used as a Synchro Material, but that’s more flavorful than impactful. It’s backwards in design for the archetype, and there are better options for actual Synchro decks.[/size]

Creativity/Flavor (7/30): It doesn’t synergize with the Cyber Dragon archetype on any conceivable level, except it being a “Cyber” monster. This could have been a generic card, and it wouldn’t have made any difference. Some credit though for the creativity in image and effect.[/size]

OCG (5/10): The OCG was really sloppy, with poor paraphrasing of effects and run-on sentences. Even if the mechanics are correct, some fat could have been trimmed.[/size]

Total (20/100)[/size]

[spoiler=Tythe, Rebel Cyber Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]Rebel Cyber Dragon

LIGHT *****

Machine/Effect

2100/1600

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (26/60): This is a mixed card. While I dislike the first effect for many reasons, the second effect is incredibly solid. Giving the deck more benefits for Fusion Summoning is absolutely amazing, but having unrestricted Tribute mechanics imbedded into the archetype feels wrong. Removal shouldn’t be around a Kaiju-based mechanic, which is splashable into any archetype and can be used any number of times. That, or it can create openings to inflict additional damage to your opponent, which ignores established boards. While this aspect is far-fetched, and frankly unbalanced, the banishing effect is awesome! Giving the deck more options to recover resources used as Fusion Materials with stuff like Power Bond is an option that works off the strengths of the deck. While this doesn’t solve many of the archetype’s issues, it is very powerful if used correctly.[/size]

Creativity/Flavor (11/30): Nothing too outstandingly creative. It’s a Kaiju with a Cyber Dragon, nuff said.[/size]

OCG (7/10): Issues with condition/cost/effect and capitalization.[/size]

Total (44/100)[/size]

[spoiler=Shadowliepard, Cyber Hydra]

[spoiler=Submission]Cyber Hydra

- Once per turn: You can tribute this card; add 1 "Cyber" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Cyber Hydra". You can banish 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Graveyard; equip this card from your Graveyard to a "Cyber Dragon" or Machine-Type Fusion Monster you control, but destroy this card during the End Phase. It can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. This effect of "Cyber Hydra" can only be used once per Duel. This card's name becomes "Cyber Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (20/60): I can see the idea behind this, but it’s incredibly slow. You have to use your Normal Summon, or find another way to Special Summon this card, then Tribute to Add 1 from Graveyard (so you either have to devote a Fusion Summon, or use this later in the game state). Then, you have to already have an established board to use this card’s equip effect (which is only once per duel). Since its a mid-late game tool, it should enable some more functionality for its costly Normal Summon, but having it equip to attack multiple times is unnecessary. Also, since it's a OPD effect that destroys itself at the End Phase, its supposed to enable the deck to go all out for that turn (even though the deck can easily OTK, that’s not the problem). Yes, it doesn’t have restrictions, and it does support the archetype, but there isn’t enough advantaged generated from using your Normal Summon on it to justify running it.[/size]

Creativity/Flavor (9/30): Its effect doesn’t change much about the archetype, and its name doesn’t seem fitting for its role in the deck (I’d imagine hydra being a chimera fusion monster, rather than a Level 3 effect monster).[/size]

OCG (7/10): Incorrect capitalization in some areas and unnecessary inclusions (Once per turn clause on a tribute effect).[/size]

Total (36/100)[/size]

[spoiler=Winter, Cyber Genesis Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]w3xbnPk.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (17/60): This card confuses me. While its Summoning conditions and effects have incredible synergy with the Cyber Dragon archetype, its restrictions go directly against their most potent strategy (make big beater, attack a bunch & OTK). Enabling this guy to be brought off of 2 Level 5 monsters (1 Machine-Type & 1 Special Summoned LIGHT attribute) w/o a tuner is really nice. This prevents having to run a tuner engine, but it’s still very slow. The requirements to summon this card are basically Cyber Dragon Infinity, which is one of their most powerful options when enabled to make it (which is the same requirements as this card). While Infinity removes problem cards and prevents one effect or card per turn from activating, Genesis Dragon brings out a monster with Fusion Materials from the Deck. Now while this is immensely good, the clause to prevent all forms of damage to your Opponent that turn, misses the point. Yes, Fusion Summoning a monster from Deck is immensely powerful, and should come with some downsides, but not if that downside directly counters your deck. You can remove monsters on the board with 1 big beatstick, but battle is one of the weakest forms of removal, if that’s the utility you’re going for with this card. I guess you can make dreadnaught and deal some damage (oh wait, that’s not an option. Oops, I meant the OCG exclusive one the trains use to make himself unaffected), but… yeah, Infinity works better in most situations. Not to mention most of the material requirements are “Cyber Dragon” exclusively, so you’ll burn out of targets the first time you use this card. As more LIGHT Machine-Type Fusion Monsters are introduced into the game, this card could see different utility. However, as a Cyber Dragon card, it doesn’t provide any options that the deck already doesn’t have, and disables important options the deck currently needs.[/size]

Creativity/Flavor (19/30): Although its design is flawed for the archetype, there was a good deal of thought put into this card. Not sure if the name fits the imagery exactly, but it looks nice, and fits the Cyber Dragon feel. Its also the only Cyber Dragon Synchro Monster in this competition. [/size]

OCG (9/10): Everything was solid, except for the clause “Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster, ignoring the Summoning conditions” was flawed. When you reveal the monster, it’s assumed that it's the monster being Summoned. I don’t believe that’s something official, so I’m not gonna knock you for that. “That” should have referred to the revealed monster, “the” should have been “its”, and I think conditions is capitalized (I may be wrong on that). [/size]

Total (45/100)[/size]

[spoiler=YamiNekoChan, Cyber Dragon Kaiser]

[spoiler=Submission]LP1Qpvd.jpeg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (45/60): It being a free SS if you control a Cyber Dragon is very nice (also, its inherent, so it's not a monster effect that triggers). It enables more Rank 5 plays w/o having to invest much into the board (although it does cost you more cards). Its Summoning restriction isn’t entirely necessary, but it's a good precaution taken in this card’s design. It can also bring out any Xyz for an extra material in a Fusion Summoning, or make another Infinity off a Nova that was previously used (and didn’t have its Summon negated). I like this utility, although its implications are too linear. If this card, or the card it summoned off its own effect was treated as a “Cyber Dragon”, then this card would be another story. In its current form, it’s Splashable enough to justify running in other archetypes, and it has enough synergy with its own archetype to be used in multiples. I feel with some minor tweaks, this card could end up being a god send for the archetype, but it’s desirable enough as-is.[/size]

Creativity/Flavor (17/30): While I enjoy its design and effects, it lacks beyond that department. Its stats and name don’t make much sense to me as a stand-alone card (why is it a Kaiser? What is it an emperor of?). Its image is also pretty lack-luster, with some cropping issues and plain background. [/size]

OCG (8/10): Condition/Cost/Effect issues, and issues with spacing.[/size]

Total (70/100)[/size]

[spoiler=(Soulfire), Cybernetic Infusion]

[spoiler=Submission]

Cybernetic Infusion | Continuous Spell Card

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (16/60): Yeah, not a fan of this card. It seems to fit decks other than Cyber Dragon WAY more than Cyber Dragons (Chronomally, Synchrons, & Morphatronics come to mind), and even then, it doesn’t work well. Of course it has to be balanced with the idea in-mind that other decks can abuse it, but it’s underpowered because of this. This card considers the option that, in a situation where you run out of good monsters to summon from your Extra Deck, that you can trade resources on your field for ones in your Graveyard. However, it means you have to devote even more resources to generate the same amount of value that you otherwise would have by just using your Extra or Main Deck. It also has mechanical flaws, by only working off the requirements of levels instead of rank/level. At least regular fusion spells have the versatility of using in-hand resources, and they’re not as easily removable. [/size]

Creativity/Flavor (10/30): I guess it works? It has the Infusion theme of bringing things back to life, but it doesn’t fit when you’re using other monsters as the Infusion (unless it's a chimeratech-based card, in which case that would be really cool). It doesn't provide the Cyber Dragon archetype new or interesting options, and the options it provides for other archetypes[/size]

OCG (6/10): Issues with capitalization, Cost/Condition/Effect structure, and missing commas in certain areas. [/size]

Total (32/100)[/size]

[spoiler=Total (Overall)]

1) YamiNekoChan, (70 + 71)/2 = 70.5

2) Tythe (47 + 44)/2 = 45.5

3) Yuuji Kazami (44 + 44)/2 = 44

4) Winter (45 + 27)/2 = 36

5) Shadowliepard (36 + 30)/2 = 33

6) Archlight Lux, (30 + 30)/2 = 30

7​) Soulfire (32 + 23)/2 = 27.5

8) Royal Paladin, (20 + 20)/2 = 20

[spoiler=Total (YugsterMajor)]

1) YamiNekoChan, 70/100

2) Winter, 45/100

3) Yuuji Kazami, 44/100

3) Tythe, 44/100

4) Shadowliepard, 36/100

5) Soulfire, 32/100

6) Archlight Lux, 30/100

7) Royal Paladin, 20/100

[spoiler=Total (Black)]

1) YamiNekoChan, 71/100

2) Tythe, 47/100

3) Yuuji Kazami, 44/100

4) Shadowliepard, 30/100

4) Archlight Lux, 30/100

6) Winter, 27/100

7) Soulfire, 23/100

8) Royal Paladin, 20/100

I'm surprised to only get 7/10 on OCG Grammar. Zero has pretty much the same effect of summon as Numeronious Nummeronia and Numeronious though, except with Cyber Dragon Infinity. =/

I'm surprised to only get 7/10 on OCG Grammar. Zero has pretty much the same effect of summon as Numeronious Nummeronia and Numeronious though, except with Cyber Dragon Infinity. =/

After going back and re-reading my judging, I'd probably only change the OCG score to an 8/10 (which wouldn't affect your placement, but I can make that change if you'd like it). Still, thanks for pointing that out.

This brings the Cyber Dragon Card Competition to a close! Thank you all for your participation, and all the points will be awarded accordingly.

Archived