Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Anime

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, this new episode was really good, I think. For example, the scenes where Nick was talking to White seemed much more impactful than in the games. Also, I love that they gave White gratuitous Engrish, it's perfect.

That said, the pacing is a bit too fast for my liking, though, they skipped a lot of stuff such as the bellboy's testimony and DL-6 hints. It hasn't hurt the story yet, though.

Meh I could definitely do without the Steel Samurai case

I actually really like that one though

Tbh though the show has been super meh so far.  If it wasn't the fact that I'm an AA fan I don't think i would be into the series at all.  I'm barely into it as it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been thinking about watching this, but is it any good? 

It's a pretty faithful adaptation of the video game, although it truncates a few things due to an understandable limit on the amount of content it can put in. Animation's a little mediocre, so it's not the place to look for stunning visuals.

Well, a good video game adaptation to me is a faithful adaptation, unless you're adapting something with little to no plot to begin with.

The adaption is faithful, by that I mean the events it shows are accurate to the games. A lot is cut, though, and combined with the lackluster art and music I feel like it lacks the impact the games have. For me, hearing "OBJECTION" and getting to the Pursuit theme in an Ace Attorney game is one of the hypest things I've ever done in any game series, but we're two cases down and this show hasn't really made me super excited like the games did.

I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Archived