[Finished][Leaderboard] Winter 2015/2016 Postseason

I should've mentioned this earlier on in the day [although I am under the assumption you all are keeping tabs], but at the time of posting, you have roughly 3 hours and 38 minutes left to get an entry in if you haven't already. 

Following members have submitted an entry.

General Round 2

• Next Tuesday
  • Gadjiltron
  • Dragon Sage

As for the loser bracket, IRS requested an extension so they/Striker will be on hold until the 13th. Dova and Cherz haven't submitted anything at present. (Whoever gets their card before the deadline, or if the extension expires, will move on by default)

So Soulfire, if you're online now, make sure you submit your card in (or request for extension if you require one)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright then, Dragon Sage / Gadjiltron's match will be up shortly. Next Tuesday and Soulfire will face-off on Friday (or whenever I get Soulfire's); as will both of the loser bracket matches. 

----

Still need to devise a R3 / R4 theme, as well as a semifinal loser bracket theme, but those can be made in a couple days. 

Well, Match 2-1 concluded successfully; 2-2 is already up and open for voting. 

As for the loser bracket, there's a bit of an issue. Striker didn't get a card in by the extension deadline (but IRS did submit theirs, so they win); sorry Striker, but you did mention issues that kept you from doing it. 

Regarding the OTHER loser bracket match, neither Cherz nor Dova actually submitted stuff by the deadline. (Cherz did submit a card for the general first round, though). 

----

For future reference in terms of loser bracket matches, whoever submitted their cards for earlier rounds will get passes in the event neither of them submit for the current one. 

I know you're only one person, but either way, you already get a pass to round L-2. Whomever you're facing then will depend on the winner of Match 2-2.

Speaking of which, if you're not competing in a match, you can certainly vote as well. (As much as I don't mind doing tiebreakers, we've already had a ton of them in the regular season)

If I had been keeping up with this properly, today would've been the deadline for Round 3 / L2 submissions, but since I haven't been feeling great lately (health-wise), got delayed.

So yeah, Round 3's theme is fairly simple.

Make a "Number" monster.

(You can either make a Rank-Up for one that doesn't have it, or an original new Number of your choice)

Deadline is April 19th @ 11:59 pm HST (if you need an extension, this goes to April 21st)

Numbers that Konami has not used

24, 26, 27, 29, 41, 51, 59, 60, 67, 68, 71, 75, 76, 78, 89, 90, 97, 98

(You are permitted to make a Number that exceeds 107 if you want. Original #5 is also an option, but you will have more constraints on that one)

Round 3's regular match is up, as are the two loser bracket matches for L2.

After these matches conclude, whoever wins 3-1 gets a break for the finals while the semifinal loser bracket goes on.

(I still need to determine a theme for that contest, as well as the finals. Those two will have different themes.)

I had it ready last night, but fell asleep before I could do it. Really was deciding between:

(1) Giving you a picture and then you made whatever card you want out of it. 

(2) Make a new WIND HERO monster

You know what, I'll do the WIND HERO thing this round, and whoever wins L3 (and Gadjiltron) gets the other one for the finals of the loser bracket. (In fairness, HEROs need it since Stratos is still banned as far as TCG is concerned + Konami sure as hell ain't releasing a new Main Deck)

----

Officially...

Round L-3: Make a new WIND HERO monster

Deadline: April 25th. 2016 @ 11:59 pm HST

Anyway, IRS didn't submit their entry even after the extension so I really don't have much of a choice but to mark it as a 1-0 win on Sage's part. (Extension deadline was April 27th @ 11:59 pm; right now. it's April 28th, 12:21 am [not too much time has really elapsed since the deadline, but yeah, extension passed already]

I did plan on having a separate L4 theme, but since Gadjiltron thought he'd be participating this round and did make a card for this theme, I'll just have the finals for the loser bracket use the L3 theme. You two might as well use the cards you made; lest it be a waste of time if I opted to make you guys do a whole new card for this round.

Final might be the picture one or something else; I'll have to think about it over the next couple days.

---

Match will be up later (as you can probably tell, it's late on my end).

I haven't forgotten about the Postseason, though paper writing and the like have kept me busy. By now, we should've already had the final match up.

Instead of the random picture theme (which would've told you to pick any image from a gallery that I link to, and the rest of the design is yours), I'll go with a more structured theme. So Gadjiltron/Tuesday, here you are:

Final theme: Design a new support card for Mecha Phantom Beasts.

Deadline: May 4th, 11:59 pm HST

If you need an extension, please let me know ahead of time. (In the event that something happens during the final, I have a backup theme; see the matchup chart.)

For those who are wondering what images I would've made you use, had I chosen to use the random pic thing, here or here. (If you two would like this theme instead, it can be arranged)

I am aware that I'm late about finishing this (but reminder that I do have finals this week, along with other things); then again, Striker doesn't appear to be in any rush to start the Preseason for Spring 2016 just yet. 

But yeah, due to Gadjiltron winning the first final match (and double elimination requires another one because of that), we have to do a deciding fight. So yeah guys, one more card. 

Requirement: Design a card based on any Pokemon of your choice

Deadline: May 10th, 2016 @ 11:59 pm HST 

You have free reign with the design, but just make sure it's of Advanced-level quality. If you want to do Pendulums or the like, go ahead. 

If you need an extension, let me know ahead of time. 

Archived