Credits to the original artist: http://sakimichan.deviantart.com/

Been playing Harpies lately, and had high hopes that Instant Fusion and Harpist would make the deck significantly better... but as power creep goes, the deck is still immensely low tier. Thought I'd give the deck some better direct Xyz support, so they can utilize their powerful board states more efficiently, while also keeping resources. Hope you enjoy!

[spoiler=Harpie Snowfall]moPbyMj.jpg

2 Level 4 Monsters

This card becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Your opponent cannot destroy any face-up "Hysteric" or "Harpie" cards you control with card effects. You can detach 1 Xyz Material, then apply one of the following effects. You may only activate this effect of "Harpie Snowfall" once per turn:
*Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Harpie" monster from your Deck.

*Add 1 "Harpie" card from your Deck to your hand.

Just saying, I have guiltily enjoyed crushing this deck multiple times on DN with Kozmos. 

This card is pretty much a generic that gives all of your Harpies, including itself, protection from destruction by card effects. This can be rather helpful as the Harpie archetype relies on swarming the field, abusing utilizing the effect of Harpie's Hunting Ground to the maximum by getting rid of your opponent's backrow. If this card is already face-up on the field, you don't have to worry about any Solemn Strikes being activated on your Harpies in response to their effects. Although the effect would still be negated, atleast your monsters are safe.

This card not only protects your monster, but also protects your face-up Harpie S/T as well. Primarily Harpie's Hunting Ground, a backbone Field Spell of the deck, your opponent would find it more difficult to remove it. Since Harpie's Hunting Grounds has no float effect, this is very beneficial.

Moving on to the detach effect, I don't really believe that's there's anything wrong with the addition of any Harpie card or the SS of a Harpie from the deck. Seriously, Harpies are way outmatched in the current meta, so giving them a powerful card like this wouldn't be a problem. This wasn't even close to the Performages during the format of clown abuse, so what's the point in nerfing a archetype-specific power card like this?

So yeah, I don't see anything wrong with this card. Even if Harpies did manage to get a power card like this, they'd still get smashed down by the meta. But hey, it wouldn't be as easy as it was before, so nothing wrong with giving the archetype a boost.

Archived