Digimon: The Dark Continent [OOC/Started/Not Accepting]

Doink.

[spoiler=The Resident Gogglehead]LKpY6LY.jpg

"You can just call me Tara, if that's easier. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Name: Taras Lytvyn

[spoiler=Appearance]anime137.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]At first glance, Taras appears to be a wallflower. He's quiet and soft spoken, and usually prefers to be alone rather than in the company of other people. Taras can often be found staring off into space, and as a result can be oblivious to what is going on around him. In actuality though, he really isn't that shy. Blessed with a sharp mind and a dry wit, Taras is something of an intellectual. He's constantly thinking as opposed spending his time interacting with others, keeping his opinions and his ideas to himself until he is absolutely sure of their soundness and satisfied with his ability to convey them properly. In other words, he's perfectly capable and willing to interact with people, but in practice his careful, regimented thought process often puts him on the social periphery by default. This is bit of a shame, as Taras is often capable of witty humor, helpful insight, or simply a good plan of action, he just tends to be the last person to voice his opinion.

Taras is an idealist, and possesses several rather romanticized views on humanity, social conduct, and other subjects. Though these beliefs are mostly secular moral views of one kind or another (be kind, be charitable, defend the weak, etc.), Taras often holds both himself and others to an unrealistic standard based on them. In short he can be harsh and overly judgemental toward those who conflict with or don't live up to his ideals. However, being both polite and rather quiet, Taras keeps his judgements of others to himself most of the time. In short, he's much more of a dreamer than a man of action; coming up with grandiose ideas and imagining bettering the world with his ideas, but often being too meek to act upon it.

All of the above being said, Taras is still a fifteen year old boy. He's prone to mood swings, is interested in girls, and still enjoys many of the juvenile diversions other boys his age do. His strong morals have also made him a very kind (if not always understanding) person. He'll often step in to help someone without being asked, or break his usual silence to talk to someone about a personal problem if he thinks he can help. Taras especially enjoys things that exercise his mind: strategy games, riddles, and puzzles, among others.

[spoiler=Biography]Taras was born and raised in a suburb on the outskirts of Kiev, Ukraine, where he spent the first ten years of his life. By all accounts, this period in his childhood was normal. Shortly before his eleventh birthday, his father accepted a position in Tokyo and moved his family there. Though his father's family was of Japanese descent and he had some exposure tot h culture, Taras had a good deal of trouble fitting in as children who move often do. He was often teased or ostracized, though his manners and kind disposition made him a favorite with many of his teachers. Eventually, he managed to make a few friends, and has at last managed to carve himself a niche of sorts in high school. He still isn't very sociable, but he has a small group of close friends, and has a leadership position in his school's chess club. Recently he's taken up an interest in literature, and spends a good amount of his time reading novels both classical and contemporary.

Digivice Color: Chalk White and Blue-Silver

Digimon Partner: Kuvyk (Gumdramon)

[spoiler=Misc. Info]

• He's almost always wearing a rather toasty Russian-made felt hat, as well as a pair of aviator goggles, both of which were given to him by his late grandfather, who was a pilot in the Soviet Air Force.
  • He wants to be a History teacher when he grows up.
  • Taras affectionately refers to his partner as "Kuvyk", which is Ukranian for "Screech Owl" as well as "Idiot".
  • Taras is an excellent chess player.
  • He can solve a Rubik's cube in under 15 seconds.
  • Taras is part Japanese, though he has only just recently moved to Japan.
  • Taras is Fluent in English, Ukrainian, Russian, and Japanese.
  • He tends to go by "Tara" (or "Taro", if he wants to use an actual Japanese name) to avoid people pronouncing his name "Tarasu".

[spoiler=The "Screech Owl" ]Digimon Name: Gumdramon "Kuvyk"

[spoiler=Apperance:]profile_picture_by_wildchild_gumdramon-d

[spoiler=Biography]Gumdramon has lived on Nanobit island since before he can remember. Longer than most, in fact, as many digimon leave the island after hitting the Rookie level. Gumdramon has elected to stay awhile longer, and often hangs around younger in-training digimon. He claims he's there to protect them, though this is mostly bravado. Really, he's there because he enjoys the attention.

[spoiler=Personality] Gumdramon is in a phrase, full of hot air. He talks big and he acts big, but when push comes to shove he's actually quite averse to standing up for himself. Truth be told, a lot of things frighten him, though he'll never, ever, ever admit that to anyone. Ever. He's loud, obnoxious, and not all that bright, preferring to hit problems with his tail hammer instead of actually solving them. He doesn't shut up when he needs to, and is quick to anger (though he's even quicker to cool off and forgive). Though he's extremely annoying and hyperactive, Gumdramon is good at heart. Taras's ideals inspire him to try to better himself in his own Gumdramon sort of way, and one day, he truely does want to be a hero like the digimon in the stores he heard growing up.

Human Partner: "Taramon!" (Taras Lytvyn)

Digivolution line: Ketomon-->Hopmon-->Gumdramon-->Strikedramon

[spoiler=Miscellaneous Information]

• Under the mistaken impression that Taras is a digimon he's taken to calling him "Taramon". Despite being told several times that Taras is not a digimon, he continues to use the nickname.
  • The Kinkoji on his tail holds his amazing strength in check, or so he says.
  • Gumdramon loves folktales and legends, especially those concerning great heroes of old such as Imperialdramon Paladin Mode.

The Gogglehead is good.

Also, we'll be able to start once we have at least 8 people, so we just need 2 more.

Umm, no, not really. Once the RP starts accepting will be closed.

Also, DA, dumb question here, but why are you using Sangloupmon and Doumon over Lunamon's normal champion and ultimate?

To make her have a bit more of a unique path that somewhat matches her partners progression as a character(Digivolution paths aren't entirely set in stone anyways). I did make sure though that it's at least somewhat of a reasonable path official wise.

It's not Doumon it's Toumon but that's an easy mistake to make since I black it out. Even her mega is a slightly different but that's assuming we get that far.

Um, not trying to mini-mod here, but I wanna say something.

There's a unique Digivolution line... and then there's a line that no-one can help but think "WHAT THE funk IS THIS sheet??!!". If I somehow managed to offend you by saying this, then I'm sorry, but that's honestly the vibe that a lot of us here, myself included, have gotten by looking at your current line. If you wanted Lunamon that badly, you should've stuck with what Broken just suggested above, and if you wanted Sangloupmon that badly, you should've gone Dracmon --> Sangloupmon --> Matadormon --> NeoMyotismon (EDIT: Previously had GranDracmon since that's what Matadormon normally goes into, but he's too evil). Hell, even if you wanted the unique Digivolution line that badly, a better play for you to have made would be to PM Broken directly and say "Look, I understand that this mon normally becomes this mon and then this mon and then this mon, but I don't like this mon in particular because reasons or I want this mon instead. What are my options?" Those would've ultimately given you better received results overall.

I sincerely hope you understand what I was getting at.

I okayed it. Whatever you can try to say, there is little to no justification as to how Lunamon becomes Sangloupmon, or how that Sangloupmon becomes Taomon, or how that Taomon becomes Dianamon Lite.

You claim characterization, but that is in no ways set in stone at all. Digimon can go down divergent evolutionary lines, but they still have to make sense. Falcomon becoming Greymon doesn't exactly make much sense, and right now, it doesn't make much sense to me at all how moon bunny becomes vampire wolf, and then a taoist practitioner, and then Greek moon goddess. There is no sense, and claiming character growth is in no ways able to justify such a screwball digivolution path. This isn't the video games where data and sprites are limited, there is no reason for not using Lunamon's proper path.

Whatever reason you can come up with will most likely not be acceptable, and full of attempts to loophole me. Change it to a line that makes sense and isn't just full of your greatest hits, or drop. That's the ultimatum here.

I don't haggle so nope. Bye

Also, a bit of friendly advice. Giving a person who's already made it clear on what will happen if x is not met an ultimatum is a bad idea. It'll only make them want to do what they were going to do even more.

Just saying.

A word of advice from Zai:

Its best to compromise with your GM. Its their RP, not yours. Work out a solution that satisfies you both. Being childish and ignoring input helps no one.

PS: it usually helps to actually defend your position.

It is there rp and they can do how ever they want with it. Doesn't bother me. If they want to argue over something as silly as evolution paths however then that's a red flag in my book.

He gave me no reason to defend my position basically saying, "I don't care what your reasons are, do it the way I'm asking you or get lost." I already said I'd go if my reasons weren't accepted so there.

[spoiler=Human App]

Name: Mitsurugi Taguchi

iU8EggM.png

Apperance: [spoiler=Image]Bad_Boy____by_zefair.jpg

Biography: (Don't need a novel, just a paragraph of 5+ lines. Do note that you will be from Japan, as every relevant Digidestined is from Japan.)

Personality: (About a total of 6+ lines will suffice.)

iU8EggM.png

Digivice Color: Red

Digimon Partner: Agumon

Miscellaneous Information:

[spoiler=Digimon App]

Digimon Name: ​Agumon

iU8EggM.png

Apperance: Like your standard Agumon, except instead of green eyes, they're blue (IDK Blue eyes Greymon line appeals to me)

Biography:  Agumon lived peacefully in the cool shade of the trees around the Load Islands, where he used the trees to train himself in combat, despite them not being able to fight back. Agumon lived life like a hermit in this area, dedicating himself to training and becoming ever stronger, but he was still missing something, and has tried for most of his life to work out exactly what he was missing. In any case, before the heroes of this adventure arrive in the Load Islands, Agumon is generally lost with purpose, and he hoped that one day he would find what was missing.

Personality: This Agumon was rather calm, tried to keep themselves to themselves, but of course, in the digital world, peace never reigns for long. Agumon generally tries to remain a pacifist at all times, always looking for a way out that does not involve violence. Agumon likes to train by himself to better his skills and prepare himself for any unavoidable conflicts in his life. Agumon likes the comfort of the trees and shade despite his Pepperbreath causing him to burn things unintentionally. Always seeking self improvement, Agumon welcomes criticism but can sometimes take it a little too well, causing him to drastically change his fighting style to compensate.

iU8EggM.png

Human Partner: Mitsurugi Taguchi

Digivolution line: Agumon, Greymon-O, RizeGreymon, VictoryGreymon

YCM is not Windows 10 friendly at ALL

Interest checked 'cause let's shoot the other foot

[spoiler=Teiljo Matsubara, the DigiDestined of Faith]

hzyvyM2.pngVO5cj50b.jpg?1

"We may go through thick and thin, but we'll all save the Digital World together. Isn't that right, Cinder?"

"Hmmmm.... yeah, nah, I'm going to bed"

Human Information
Name: Teiljo Matsubara

Digivice Color: Brown and Yellow

Digimon Partner: Cinder

[spoiler=Appearance:]Being more the size of a full-grown woman over a full-grown man, Teiljo stands at 165cm, (5' 5"), and weighs 58kg (128lbs). To be fair though, he's not far off from what he should be at considering he's only 15 years old, and he still shows signs of growing taller if only ever so slightly. 

4016e432cf4aa7407ccaea5cc652cda7d6628d6c

[spoiler=Personality:]As per what the fine lady ordered, Teiljo is a handsome young man. He keeps up his appearances and hygiene and all that palaver, is fashionable, albeit not to a degree that would bust his wallet, and certainly isn't afraid to show a softer, more feminine side to him. Of course, this goes deeper than just looks as well; as Teiljo is also passionate, charismatic, well-mannered, cares for his friends and family, is happy to go out of his way to help those in need and he's an overall nice person to be around. All in all, if there was ever a dream boy that a girl could physically meet and actually try their hand at romance with rather than just drool over a poster of that may or may not be on a random wall in her room, that so-called "dream boy" would in fact be Teiljo approximately 75% of the time. Unfortunately, every single person has their own Achilles Heel that must be lived with... either that, or they're merely a figment of one's imagination. And Teiljo is far from an exception.

Interestingly, Teiljo has slight difficulties with romance, and not for a reason that would be expected either. A lot of this is because to be honest, Teiljo is gay. However, the problem isn't so much that he's gay to begin with; rather, it's the fact that he's yet to fess this up. Teiljo has held back a lot of information about himself, and dislikes opening up because he knows for a fact that with every detail he lets slip, there's always the risk of an opinion of him being changed wildly... and for the worse as well. Speaking of opinions, Teiljo will take any and all critism that one has to say about him, even if it feels unnecesarily harsh and mean-spirited. That doesn't mean to say that his feelings won't be hurt, but he realizes that a big part of learning to become a better person is learning to take critism well.

The desire to hear one's opinion about him is just one of many things that differentiate Teiljo from his Digimon partner Cinder, who couldn't give any less of a rat's ass about the subject in question and would rather people just shut the hell up. The two have such a vast contrast to each other; in truth, the only thing they share in common is that they don't take like standoffish beings, but even then, Teiljo takes it one step further in disliking to be standoffish himself. For that reason Teiljo often wonders whether or not he and Cinder will truly get along. This is a concern for Teiljo specifically since he'll more than likely be stuck with Cinder himself than with any of the DigiDestined... as little as he'd like to be seperated from two of them in particular. Nonetheless, these are the cards that Teiljo had been dealt, and now he has a Digital World to save, and make his way out of should he wish to see his family again. It's a mission that Teiljo has dedicated himself to see through to the very end.

[spoiler=Biography:]Teiljo Matsubara came from a wealthy family. He had a mother, a father, a younger sister and an older brother named Yoshihisa, the former two of which held very successful careers. Nothing of note had happened to Teiljo until he first entered junior high, where Yoshihisa introduced him to two different girls that he had spotted and thought would be nice. The first went by the name of Shiro Ishida, who had the unfortunate birth defect in which her right arm had not grown properly but made the most of it via trying out a whole mess of sports. For a first "date" of sorts, the meeting between Teiljo and Shiro didn't go horribly wrong for the former's surprise, but something was... missing, that prevented any spark from being flared between the two. It wasn't until a few months later that Yoshihisa found another girl by the name of Rui Tachibana and guided her towards Teiljo's direction. They seemed to get along for the moment, but still no spark. It seemed as though Teiljo wasn't ready for this whole dating, and was still confused about his sexuality during both meetings. Of course, this was before he discovered that he was gay.

Sure enough, high school had started for Teiljo, and Yoshihisa had tried to hook his younger brother with yet another cute looking girl when Teiljo finally confessed to being gay, which took Yoshihisa by surprise. He'd dropped the subject immediately, but later as they came home, Teiljo overheard Yoshihisa conversing the possibility of Teiljo being gay with their father, who remarked that he hoped that wasn't the case. Teiljo was disheartened by what he'd overhearded, and decided it'd be wise to be more reserved from that point on and move on with his life. He managed to maintain his parents' expectations as far as his grades went, and even managed to particpate in the school play titled "The Moon Princess". Here, Teiljo was to play as Prince Otomo, and he noted that Shiro had joined and played as one of the moon guardians. And the play was set to be cast in front of an audience the next afternoon. This was a scene to look forward to...

Digimon Information
Name: Cinder

Species: FanBeemon

Type: Insect

Attribute: Virus

Family: Wind Guardians

Human Partner: Teiljo Matsubara

[spoiler=Appearance:]Funbeemon.jpg

"...what, you expecting me to look all different and stuff? Well screw you too."

[spoiler=Personality:]If there was one word in the English that would not fit into Cinder's personality no matter how hard one tried, it would be the word "enthusiastic". In all honesty, Cinder can rarely be bothered with much of anything, and the first thing he'll ask when someone makes a request is what's in it for him. Cinder even dislikes giving his opinion on anything that he's asked an opinion for, as even something that mundane takes effort in all technicality; and that, he believes, is better spent on something a bit more meaningful like... oh he doesn't know, survival. However, even though he'll take the path of least resistance the vast majority of the time, he'll expel all the effort that he has to on something specific that he ultimately wants to achieve, regardless of whether he proves to be competent in his attempts. And he'll take pride in even the simplest of accomplishments. It should be noted that demands don't work on Cinder at all, and he'll literally try to duct tape the mouths of those who make one too many... or those that talk too much in general. He does not like to listen to people jabroni and moan about their problems, especially if they involve him of all beings.

All that said, Cinder is not completely heartless. He can be persuaded into doing the noble thing for the sake of being nice. And unlike what would be the case for most Digimon of the Virus attribute, there is no automatic sense that the "so-called noble thing" is just a facade. He cares about people he likes. Well, at least enough so that he'll take their wishes as well as his own into consideration. Sometimes. And if no-one else, he'll most certainly listen to Teiljo. There are times, however, that Cinder will undoubtedly question even Teiljo's judgement. But he'll obey anyway if he gets what he wants out of it, and if it doesn't seem all that hard.

[spoiler=Biography:]While he was just an unnamed FanBeemon, Cinder was once a part of a hive of the things. He got kicked out for being too lazy and unproductive in general, though he'd have left anyway if it were up to him, so he wasn't too concerned. In any case, Cinder would go on relatively undeterred when all of a sudden he found a guy by the name of Teiljo Matsubara. They lived happily ever after or some sheet like that and... these things have been my mortal enemy ever since I started RPing and I just... I cannot and could not make a decent one to save my life. So what I'm gonna do, is I'ma go home, and never think about this again. Thank you.

[spoiler=Digivolutionary Line]Pupumon --> Puroromon --> FanBeemon --> Waspmon --> ??? --> ???

See what I did there? Huh? Did ya? Did ya? Did ya? Did ya? Did ya? Did ya?

Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: Not Gonna Die, by Skillet

Battle Theme Song: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel OST: The Glint of Cold Steel

Ideal Voice Actors for Teiljo: Spike Spencer (En)/Megumi Ogata (Jp)

Ideal Voice Actors for FanBeemon: Lindsay Seidel (En)/Mai Fuchigami (Jp)

Ideal Voice Actors for Waspmon: Kyle Hebert (En)/Koji Tsujitani (Jp)

From my experience, it probably is. I recommend you read through the wikia at the very least, which you can find here.

Accepted!

[spoiler=Hot Peppers]

iU8EggM.png

Name: Rigor Koshō

iU8EggM.png

[spoiler=Appearance]AzV9mL5.jpg

[spoiler=Biography] Rigor is what many people call unlucky. His father abandoned his mother before he was born, being raised by an abusive babysitter as his mother went to college to try to provide a better life for her son, no one believing him when he told people, not even his own mother; being picked on and beaten up in school, never having many friends... most people would not want to switch lives with him. He found comfort in his art and writing, even when they were defaced by his peers.

His life was constantly shifting, as his mother kept across America for most of his childhood, before finally moving to Japan when he was even more alienated, having to learn a new language and deal with the fact he looked very foreign. This problem is compounded by his day-to-day brushes of bad luck and horrible sense of direction.

His luck slightly improved though, as he managed to make a single friend.  He can't even exactly remember how they met, but his life was on track to slight improvement when he met Rio Magaki. The two became friends over their shared love of art, and Rio inspired him to keep trying. He hopes to one day write his own manga, which is what he was working on before being transferred into a new world.

[spoiler=Personality] Many people would look at Rigor and think he is a man with a hot temper and fists of fury. This is actually not the case. He's a very quiet and shy guy, who constantly is afraid of what people think of him. He is a bit of a perfectionist, and thinks lowly of anything he does. He prefers not to speak unless spoke to or if it's important.

He sort of drifts through life, surviving everything life throws to him, like it's his final middle finger to a world that hates him. Most people would assume he is dumb, but he is actually an intelligent and observant person. He does suffer from an occasional burst of anger, although he hates every single time he does it and will beat himself up over it every time.

He's not one to hold a grudge, instead believing everything bad that has happened to him he deserved in some way, and when something good happens, he is baffled by it, unsure what he did to deserve something like that. He tries his best to be helpful, but screws up more often than not. He wishes to change, but feels trapped in his shortcomings. He doesn't believe in being honorable and will kick people when their down, seeing how life has done the same to him.

iU8EggM.png

Digivice Color: Blue with red streaks.

Digimon Partner: Blackagumon

• Has an art hobby.
  • Loves to read.
  • Plays a lot of video games.
  • His first name is a combination of the Rio Grande and Goronong peppers.
  • Has a horrible sense of direction, best shown when he once made it all the way to Sendai when trying to Hiroshima from Kyoto. 

[spoiler=In the Dark of the Night]

Digimon Name: Blackagumon

iU8EggM.png

[spoiler=Appearance]UxvdGoN.jpg

[spoiler=Biography] Xicor hatched alone in the wilderness, and was born with a drive to become one of the most powerful Digimon alive. He has trained himself daily, fighting Digimon hoping to achieve Evolution. He has currently reached Rookie form, but wishes to ascend even further beyond. For now, he wanders the island looking for more challenges and a way to get stronger.

[spoiler=Personality] Xicor is a proud and confident Digimon, always believing that with a little preparation he can win any fight. He loves the thrill he gets in battle and relishes in every second. Despite this thrill, he is an honorable fighter, finding no joy in fighting weaker opponents or using underhanded tactics. He's not the most sociable of Digimon, but he's a hell of a lot of sociable than Rigor, so he often speaks for his partner.

iU8EggM.png

Human Partner: Rigor Koshō

[spoiler=Digivolution line]

[spoiler=Blackagumon]UxvdGoN.jpg

[spoiler=Dark Tyrannomon]mewhrp4.gif

• Is nicknamed Xicor.

Accepted.

With that, that's 8 people, and as such I'll post the IC tomorrow. So for those still trying to apply, better get your apps finished before that time, otherwise you'll miss out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived