Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Agro

How do we not have a thread for this already?

Anyway, some rumors popped up today from a reputable source (she leaked the new Paper Mario game).

1. Zelda Wii U will be on both Wii U and NX

2. You can play as a male or female Link

3. Game will be fully voice acted EXCEPT for Link

(Source)

If true, I'm fully in support of all of this. Except maybe the Wii U and Nx thing but if I'm getting Nx early I doubt I'll care enough. Male and female Link makes sense and is and has been a great idea. Full voice acting in Zelda is just long overdue.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as female Link isn't named Linkle. That name is still stupid.

I like the idea of voice acting as long as it's not for Link, I think that's the best course of action for it. We've had voices in bits and pieces and random sounds for the dialogue in past games, so I don't think fully voiced characters is much of a stretch.

If we are getting an NX version it would explain why its been such slow going for the game. That said, I'm reasonably certain it will come out this year and that the NX will be out next year so we're going to have a year between the releases if that ends up being the case.

I'm PRETTY sure that its been said that they are open to having a female playable character, but it wouldn't be ready for this game. That could have changed, but I remember seeing something like that.

Voice acting would be weird in a Zelda game. Though if its good I'm fine with it.

I just hope this doesn't end up like SMTxFE. All the hype building, hear nothing of it, and then hype builds again... only for it to turn out bad...

Thing is, LoZ has been refined into its own formula at this point and has such a strong, recurring foundation throughout all of its games. They'd really have to try to mess that up to the extent people widely pan it. And considering it's one of their AAA titles, they're always going to give its games maximum effort.

With any future installments, they can't really produce a bad game unless they don't innovate and put a fresh spin on things. Sure, it may end up not being as good as other titles, but it'll certainly be a good game.

/imo

I just hope this doesn't end up like SMTxFE. All the hype building, hear nothing of it, and then hype builds again... only for it to turn out bad...

You're mistaking "bad" with "not what you were expecting".

Despite poor sales figures, SMTxFE was well reviewed and looks cool.

You're mistaking "bad" with "not what you were expecting".

Despite poor sales figures, SMTxFE was well reviewed and looks cool.

Thank you, people don't seem to realize this.

Also, it's a console RPG that's not Final Fantasy, it wasn't going to sell super well in Japan no matter what.

Thank you, people don't seem to realize this.

Also, it's a console RPG that's not Final Fantasy, it wasn't going to sell super well in Japan no matter what.

*console RPG that's not FF or Dragon Quest

In either case we should expect a whole boatload of changes to the series in this game, but from the rhetoric they've used since the start of 2013 when it comes to this game's development, it's all stuff that should have happened a long time ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if the game will end up being a launch title like Twilight Princess did. It feels pretty likely so if that does end up being the case it won't be that long a delay.

If they're smart, that's how they'll do it. They're going to want the NX to have a strong debut and reignite confidence amongst their fans and the general public after the Wii U didn't do so well. The new Zelda would be one of the safe ways to go about it.

• 1 month later...

Archived